Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Breakfast means breakfast
In their case it mean a Full English wherever they want it in the World.

Making Breakfast Great Again.

There are no words to describe these people easily. They make you just despair with their old English Attitudes of Pull the Ladder up Jack, we're okay.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
So if you live on the continent you can’t dislike the EU without being ridiculed and retweeted all over the internet 4000 times? Can you all just listen to yourselves for a second before you disappear too far up your own arse.
Bollocks. They’re exactly the kind of stupid cnuts who will be back on tv whining in a year or two when they don’t have free healthcare anymore and are having to move back to the UK.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So if you live on the continent you can’t dislike the EU without being ridiculed and retweeted all over the internet 4000 times? Can you all just listen to yourselves for a second before you disappear too far up your own arse.
Personally I believe anyone who spends their time and money to support a charlatan like Farrage deserves ridicule.
People whose livelihood is based on the benefits of the EU deserve at least 1000 extra retweets though.

Steven Seagull

Bollocks. They’re exactly the kind of stupid cnuts who will be back on tv whining in a year or two when they don’t have free healthcare anymore and are having to move back to the UK.
That’s just something you’ve made up in your head over the last couple of years and convinced yourself with though. We all know the stereotypes by now. That bloke is a racist and hates Indian takeaway and taxi drivers. It’s fecking boring

Personally I believe anyone who spends their time and money to support a charlatan like Farrage deserves ridicule.
Very true, fair point

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
That’s just something you’ve made up in your head over the last couple of years and convinced yourself with though. We all know the stereotypes by now. That bloke is a racist and hates Indian takeaway and taxi drivers. It’s fecking boring
I think it's you who have just made that up in your head.
I hate Indian food as well .

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Why do they dislike the EU? What has the EU ever done for them? They don't live on the Continent in their own petty little minds, they live somewhere warm most of the year round, a huge number benefitting from never having to speak Spanish, going to English Pubs and cafs and eating English food. The vast majority living on their pensions and why not, the EU has made it possible to live in a foreign country cheaply with most of them one and a half steps from needing the health care that is also freely available to them in Spain because of the EU while missing out on nothing and before you take umbrage again, do I begrudge them the chance? No, but they would begrudge anyone else from the chances they have had in the meantime. To my mind they are petty Little Englanders living in their petty Little Britain and they don't even see the hypocrisy for one second.

Am I English and do I live on the Continent thanks to the EU these past years? Yes and I fecking want every other poor sod who wants to the chance, it is a great life. Does it have its challenges? Yes, but it's worth it and I'd tell anyone to make the most of the opportunity if it suited them if the chance is still available to them at the right time in their lives.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
They can dislike the EU - but the fact that they've got a home in Spain which they're able to travel back and forwards to with complete ease is the result of us all being Europeans together. If they live in Spain full-time, they have no right voting to take something away from people who don't have the pleasure of owning a holiday home in the hot part of Europe, but might aspire to that in the future.

Here's an example of how being European makes things easier for Brits abroad. We just swapped our driving licences for Italian ones. It was a simple process, we got a basic medical check from the GP and paid 100 euros for the admin. After Brexit, we'd have had to take a full Italian driving test and paid a lot more to achieve the same thing.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
There's no such thing as free healthcare
It's free at the point of delivery. Of course we've put money in over the years but try seeing it as the great benefit it is compared to being denied it unless you can afford it.

dove

You are in this video, aren't you? :lol: I live in Malaga for a while now and there are plenty of brits living in these parts of Spain who are exactly the same as people in the video. They support brexit because when they get back home to UK for 2 week holidays once a year, their "neighbourhood is full of immigrants who barely speak any english" and it's apparently EU's fault even though most of immigrants are not even from EU. They completely ignore the fact that they live in Spain for n years but don't even bother to say "thank you" in spanish. It's just pure ignorance and they deserve to be ridiculed for that.

RedChip

Isn't it ridiculous how nowadays we cannot ridicule anything? People doing idiotic things and we are meant to pretend they are not idiots? Since when is it human nature NOT to judge idiots?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There's nothing more depressing than reading and watching political stories and shows on a Sunday morning. The entire political class need binning.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A lot of them seem to believe the Spanish economy depends on them but think EU migrants are a drain on ours.

Dante

Average bang
The ironic thing is that European politicans are probably better aligned to sensibilities of regular Brits than British politicians. And yet we're taking power away from the former in order to give it to the latter.

It's rewarding the imcompetent purely because of their nationality.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
There's nothing more depressing than reading and watching political stories and shows on a Sunday morning. The entire political class need binning.
As tempting as it is to agree with that the vacume left would most probably be filled with trump style populism... And I'm not convinced that's any less depressing

Smores

Labour 7 ahead, that's massive for the Tory party. The ERG really did blow their load prematurely trying to get her out when they did

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Labour 7 ahead, that's massive for the Tory party. The ERG really did blow their load prematurely trying to get her out when they did
Suspect she won't be able to get any deal through before the deadline for EU elections... She will then announce her resignation and carry the can for the thumping they will get in the local and EU elections while she stays on as a lame duck pm through the summer this will allow the conservative leadership election to be. Race to the right in order to take a hard brexit approach in October and win back the ukippers... Johnson or mogg to be in charge by October and then I suspect a hard brexit and pretty difficult trade talks to follow... But they will blame the EU and win a landslide snap election before the end of the year... Depressing but that's my gut feel

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Made up in my head, right. Like the owner of the fruit picking farm who is now whining about not having enough pickers. Or the leave voters with EU spouses who never thought it would be their family who might have to leave. Sure, it’s all imaginary.

NinjaFletch

If you've chosen to take advantage of Freedom of Movement to make a life in Spain, and yet have come back to England specifically to take that away from people living in a country you no longer live in then you deserve every inch of ridicule you get.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
If you've chosen to take advantage of Freedom of Movement to make a life in Spain, and yet have come back to England specifically to take that away from people living in a country you no longer live in then you deserve every inch of ridicule you get.
This sort of makes sense if you assume Spain would never have allowed British people to move there without the EU, and will stop any further movement if Britain does leave the EU. I don't know if that's the case though, I suppose no one can know at the moment. If the couple concerned want both the UK and Spain to leave the EU then that would be quite valid I'd have thought, whether you share those opinions or not.

NinjaFletch

This sort of makes sense if you assume Spain would never have allowed British people to move there without the EU, and will stop any further movement if Britain does leave the EU. I don't know if that's the case though, I suppose no one can know at the moment. If the couple concerned want both the UK and Spain to leave the EU then that would be quite valid I'd have thought, whether you share those opinions or not.
The issue is that it becomes a question of wealth. If you're incredibly wealthy, there will always be opportunities to live elsewhere relatively easily. What the EU has done is allowed a lot of people who would not otherwise have been able to to live and work in Europe to do so, and Spain in particular has become an attractive destination for retirees specifically because the cost of living is relatively cheap and because your healthcare is taken of by reciprocal agreements amongst EU countries.

If these people are well off enough that they'd be immune to the consequences of leaving the EU then they're mean spirited people who would deny the lifestyle they have chosen to others, and if they are not then they're idiots. It's quite possible that they are both.

Sweet Square

I liked today's Lammy interview on balance, and found his conviction and lack of fence-sitting quite refreshing.
Overall he was great and I think he's clearly a good MP but that clip I posted will overshadow the rest of the interview. There's lots of ways of saying how dangerous the ERG are and the sort of far right groups they are getting close to without doing the whole calling them Nazi-shtick.

Plus I didn't like Lammy saying the BBC shouldn't be given them a platform because they are on the far right. As Marr said the ERG are elected politicians and the BBC is state tv, of course they should be given a platform. If all it takes for the BBC to no platform politicians because they are on the ''extreme'' side of politics then the Labour Party is fecked.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Overall he was great and I think he's clearly a good MP but that clip I posted will overshadow the rest of the interview. There's lots of ways of saying how dangerous the ERG are and the sort of far right groups they are getting close to without doing the whole calling them Nazi-shtick.

Plus I didn't like Lammy saying the BBC shouldn't be given them a platform because they are on the far right. As Marr said the ERG are elected politicians and the BBC is state tv, of course they should be given a platform. If all it takes for the BBC to no platform politicians because they are on the ''extreme'' side of politics then the Labour Party is fecked.
There is a wider point to be made here though about when the BBC give airtime to clowns like Robinson. And I'd say it's probably about the amount of traction they're getting - some MP's like Rees-Mogg are basically opinionated backbenchers, their voices should be heard but they shouldn't necessarily be on all the time, and then you've got the likes of Farage appearing on QT all the time.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
The issue is that it becomes a question of wealth. If you're incredibly wealthy, there will always be opportunities to live elsewhere relatively easily. What the EU has done is allowed a lot of people who would not otherwise have been able to to live and work in Europe, and Spain in particular has become an attractive destination for retirees specifically because the cost of living is relatively cheap and because your healthcare is taken ff by reciprocal agreements amongst EU countries.

If these people are well off enough that they'd be immune to the consequences of leaving the EU then they're mean spirited people who would deny the lifestyle they have chosen to others, and if they are not then they're idiots. It's quite possible that they are both.
Yes, the EU has done that, but this couple are being criticised specifically for their Spanish connection, and in regard to that you're still assuming Brits won't be able to go and live in Spain if we leave the EU, whether wealthy or not. You could be right of course, or wrong. I agree they could be mean-spirited or idiots however, or both, but also they could be neither.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout

I agree with you there, I'm no ERG fan but it is wrong to call them Nazis or no-platform them.

Sweet Square

There is a wider point to be made here though about when the BBC give airtime to clowns like Robinson. And I'd say it's probably about the amount of traction they're getting - some MP's like Rees-Mogg are basically opinionated backbenchers, their voices should be heard but they shouldn't necessarily be on all the time, and then you've got the likes of Farage appearing on QT all the time.
Agree but Lammy said - 'I don't care how elected they are''. He has to frame it a millions times better.