Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spiriticon

The first time I ever voted, I actually voted Labour in October 74. The last Tory PM I voted for was Major in 92. I vote for whatever suits me at the time. Not an ardent supporter of anyone. Would never vote Tory now if was I still there. Having said that I would never have voted for Corbyn either
Weyhey, another swing voter here!

But yes add to the above that the Lib Dems are known liars, then you suddenly realise you have no real option left.

I will vote on a second referendum if there is one, but apart from that I don't see myself voting again for a long long time. Something about UK politics needs to change.

Promises are not kept, ground-breaking referendums potentially not honoured, Parliament is a national embarassment, and yet MP expenses and salaries keep rising.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

But yes add to the above that the Lib Dems are known liars, then you suddenly realise you have no real option left.

I will vote on a second referendum if there is one, but apart from that I don't see myself voting again for a long long time. Something about UK politics needs to change.

Promises are not kept, ground-breaking referendums potentially not honoured, Parliament is a national embarassment, and yet MP expenses and salaries keep rising.
British politics is in a terrible state, none of them inspire anything , fortunately I don't have to make a decision.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

But surely you must agree that the MP'S deserve all of their salary increase especially when judged by their output...
Lies up
Bullshit up
Broken promises up
Failed policies up
Continually voting against anything that moves up
Borrowing up
Making the UK a laughing stock up.
Wasting public money up.

Yes. All in all I do think that they are doing jolly well.
Three chears for the MPs.

MoskvaRed

Hilarious that Annunziata Rees-Mogg is the first candidate for euro elections in Farage's Brexit party.

Just saw that Paul got there first, still incredible. She is in good company with Nige, having failed to win a seat in the commons a couple of times.
According to the BBC website, Ms Rees-Mogg joined the Conservative Party at the age of 5 and started canvassing for them aged 8. Not exactly a normal family, are they?

Maticmaker

So i envisage the British having to be involved for a very long time yet.
Yes, you are right; however the danger from Brexit is that eventually it could potentially lead to a fracture of the United Kingdom, with Scotland, metaphorically speaking floating off to join up with the EU in its own right, or even forming a 'Celtic' Union with the Irish Republic, inside the EU. If the UK does 'fracture' then I would suggest all bets are off as regards what happens to the various Countries.

The word Kingdom is the focal point, technically everyone in the UK is a 'subject' of the Crown/Queen, rather than being citizens, although most people would see themselves as citizens, the fact is that it is HM Government, etc. Plus there is no written constitution, everything goes off precedence, this compounds the problems and helps to explain why we are in a right mess just now. It would seem from now on, with Brexit and maybe other things as well, we are making up the Constitution as we go along! What's that old phrase "you couldn't make it up could you"... well it seems yes we can!

I almost feel (get the sense) that whether we leave the EU or not, the genie is out of the bottle and the UK is on the cusp of major and profound change, politically, economically, socially and in terms of statehood. How quickly that happens depends ultimately on the extent of the 'cathartic' experience left behind after Brexit.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Didn't know there were two Moggs involved in politics. Isn't one enough ffs?

stevoc

British troops are already deployed in NI. A surprisingly large number including Special Forces.
Yeah i'm well aware but a lot less than there were 20 odd years ago. Besides i think @Maticmaker was referring to Troops being deployed on the streets. Right now they are simply garrisoned here.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Their father was in the Lords, he was a character too. Editor of The Times for a long time.
For a minute I thought that you were talking about the Vice Lords, the gang.

Classical Mechanic

Brexit & Footy.
There seems so much wrong with that. When the English league dominated the European Cup in the late 70s to mid 80s the national team was poor. France just won the World Cup with a league a long way from being the best, in fact, I think their national side has won more international titles than their domestic sides have won European club titles in the past 30 years.

You could argue that Brexit will be good for the national side because it will result in more African and Caribbean immigration, which is the demographic that has supplied the best young talents for England in recent years.

I don’t buy the idea that the players will down tools because they earn so much and have less competition either. Players that have what it takes to win the biggest titles are, by and large, motivated by something greater than money.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
There seems so much wrong with that. When the English league dominated the European Cup in the late 70s to mid 80s the national team was poor. France just won the World Cup with a league a long way from being the best, in fact, I think their national side has won more international titles than their domestic sides have won European club titles in the past 30 years.

You could argue that Brexit will be good for the national side because it will result in more African and Caribbean immigration, which is the demographic that has supplied the best young talents for England in recent years.

I don’t buy the idea that the players will down tools because they earn so much and have less competition either. Players that have what it takes to win the biggest titles are, by and large, motivated by something greater than money.
Yeah I definitely wasn't convinced by the "British players will be less motivated" argument, but it still raised some interesting points.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

The Labour defection to leave parties is bigger than the defection to remain parties.

There is no Tory defection to Labour or any remain party, there is significant defection to leave parties.

Labour will again rely on voters who don't usually vote.