g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Boris defiant that he will not seek a delay
The question is though, would the EU grant an extension... Macron in particular has been vocal in saying this is it.
They will likely say, and rightly so, you've got a deal there, so no extension. I'd say Macron is going to take some convincing to grant an extension to be fair

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Too far, I'm satying in midtown. Had pecan French toast yesterday:drool:
I stayed in Midtown too, it’s only 15 mins on the sub. Incredible place, not cheap and like desert for breakfast but definitely worth it

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Boris just can’t stop winning... cnut deserves all the misery he must be feeling.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If Boris is legitimate about wanting a deal then surely he shouldn’t give a shit about this delay?

cyberman

Would the EU even grant an extension when Parliament are basically blocking even voting for this deal?
This amendment assumes they'll get an extension regardless. What happens if EU says no?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Posted at 15:0315:03
Recap: MPs won't vote on Boris Johnson's Brexit deal today
After five hours of MPs debating the government's new Brexit deal in the Commons, there will not be a vote on the deal today.

MPs backed an amendment to the government's motion on the deal (the Letwin amendment).

No 10 has decided to send MPs home and cancel the next vote.

The government is now expected to introduce legislation next week - with a first vote possibly on Tuesday.

Article share tools

OohAahMartial

:lol: everyone flees as soon as Joanna Cherry stands.

Think Bill Cash just confirmed what I have been saying, unless previous laws are repealed, they still remain the law, and it's those that Boris will obey, and they will fight that out in the Courts this week.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Would the EU even grant an extension when Parliament are basically blocking even voting for this deal?
This amendment assumes they'll get an extension regardless. What happens if EU says no?
The Uk are arguing among themselves - don't involve the EU!

Every time they think they stopped something it gets worse - no deal next.

Smores

He's just being obtuse in his phrasing i think. He regards the extension letter to be from parliament not from himself, he'll send it.

Smores

Think Bill Cash just confirmed what I have been saying, unless previous laws are repealed, they still remain the law, and it's those that Boris will obey, and they will fight that out in the Courts this week.
Bill Cash has been using that argument for 2 years through every step. He's an idiot and not in a brexiteers are all idiots way but in a genuine judgement of his faculties

NinjaFletch

He's not wrong, but it's (as things stand) pedantic to the point of meaninglessness.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I stayed in Midtown too, it’s only 15 mins on the sub. Incredible place, not cheap and like desert for breakfast but definitely worth it
Had great breakfasts, Chinese and Japanese, plus decent pizza and not even got round to having a burger yet. Last day today:(

OohAahMartial

Bill Cash has been using that argument for 2 years through every step. He's an idiot and not in a brexiteers are all idiots way but in a genuine judgement of his faculties
Rees Mogg also recently alluded to it. EU Law supercedes British Law is their argument.

And just as I predicted, the vote is pulled and MP's sent home.

Next step is the Courts.

Fully Fledged

The question is though, would the EU grant an extension... Macron in particular has been vocal in saying this is it.
They will likely say, and rightly so, you've got a deal there, so no extension. I'd say Macron is going to take some convincing to grant an extension to be fair
I'm not sure. I believe that they know that this is a worse deal than the last one and knew it would be voted down. They only agreed with this so they could not be blamed for no deal.

I think they are going to allow an extension again to prove that they are not forcing no deal.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
2054. Like every year, the prime minister of the United Kingdom comes to Brussels, asking for Brexit delay. No one remembers today when and why this strange practice started, but it always makes people gather on the streets of London.

RedChip

2054. Like every year, the prime minister of the United Kingdom comes to Brussels, asking for Brexit delay. No one remembers today when and why this strange practice started, but it always makes people gather on the streets of London.
:lol: