Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Danny Dyer isnt the hero we deserve, but he’s the one we need right now. A silent guardian. A watchful protector. A faaaking cnut.

Last edited:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'Corbyn shares platform with radical cockney chimney sweep'

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Anyway, even if it wasnt freedom of movement that killed it, the EU itself still faces an existential threat from immigration. I dont say this because I want it to fail, or that I believe it will. But it does look a possibility. If they dont agree quotas for sharing immigrants and places like Hungary start closing their borders to immigrants an almighty row is going to break out, who knows where that would end. Or, at the end of it, what the EU position would be.
You are mixing illegal immigration and legal immigration together. Italy is against the former but if the EU remove the latter then the economy would collapse

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I don’t think I can fully eloquent just how much I love this. Every single bit of it. From the first “Twat” to the last. From the bizarre cut away to Corbyn and a confused Pamela Anderson, to the phrase “in Nice, with his trotters up”, to the second even more bizarre cut away to Ed Balls, Amir Khan and Harry Redknapp...to the final, triumphant, valedictory “Twat”. Possibly the greatest use of the word Twat in recorded history. A Twat for the ages. It’s glorious. All of it. It should be studied in schools.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Absolute champ. Corbyn was trying not to nod along with him whether he agreed or not.

VP

:lol: Wow that Danny Dyer video has to be the greatest piece of political commentary ever.

BTW, what's this show that has Corbyn, Pamela Anderson, Harry Redknapp and Amir Khan discussing Brexit?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I work for a small company. The EU safety and environmental regulations we work to ensure an even playing field against companies 10 times our size who would otherwise cut corners in the name of increased volume. So much so that we actively lobby in Westminster and Brussels for even higher levels of regulation to ensure the very best outcome for the end user safety-wise. Without these regulations people would otherwise (and have in days of lesser regulation) die in the wrong circumstances.

The regulations are there to protect the consumer.

But carry on with your generalisation and patronisation.
Was there a response to this?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
:lol: Wow that Danny Dyer video has to be the greatest piece of political commentary ever.

BTW, what's this show that has Corbyn, Pamela Anderson, Harry Redknapp and Amir Khan discussing Brexit?
Good Evening Britain

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I work for a small company. The EU safety and environmental regulations we work to ensure an even playing field against companies 10 times our size who would otherwise cut corners in the name of increased volume. So much so that we actively lobby in Westminster and Brussels for even higher levels of regulation to ensure the very best outcome for the end user safety-wise. Without these regulations people would otherwise (and have in days of lesser regulation) die in the wrong circumstances.

The regulations are there to protect the consumer.

But carry on with your generalisation and patronisation.
Regulations are also there to protect smaller companies and consumers with technical barriers to trade by having higher standards you limit the capacity of huge plants to flood markets with extremely low cost/low added value/low quality products.

Oscie

And, possibly, other things as well...” :lol:

Fecking immigrants!
You know that's the worst thing about it all. Labour should be championing freedom of movement not kowtowing to racist scumbags. If I had to give one thing I'm most ashamed of this country about it's the pervasive influence of anti-immigration sentiment with a special 'f*** you' reserved for people like Corbyn who give succour to it for political convenience. At least Farage has the defence of actually being a racist piece of shit. Anyone who isn't but still adopts essentially an 'I agree with Nigel' position, is in someways worse.

But "Oh, Jeremy Corbyn!", or something, right?

Oscie

Immigration is down massively since the referendum I believe, was it 47%?
Wouldn't be surprised. Why would anyone wish to come here now with all the uncertainty? Unless you're coming here short-term then you're taking a huge risk moving to Britain now. What's the same for business will be the same for people. I've a Spanish friend who moved here 4 years ago and her future is up in the air. She tells me if she was making the decision now she wouldn't have come now because of the uncertainty. Simply isn't work risking it, such a huge undertaking of upping sticks and moving to a foreign country when in a few months you could be kicked out because "fish"

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You know that's the worst thing about it all. Labour should be championing freedom of movement not kowtowing to racist scumbags. If I had to give one thing I'm most ashamed of this country about it's the pervasive influence of anti-immigration sentiment with a special 'f*** you' reserved for people like Corbyn who give succour to it for political convenience. At least Farage has the defence of actually being a racist piece of shit. Anyone who isn't but still adopts essentially an 'I agree with Nigel' position, is in someways worse.

It's all just fecked up. Poor people in Britain really are suffering under Tory austerity. I also think they genuinely do experience whatever negative consequences immigration might cause in this context far more than middle-class/wealthy people. Over-crowded, under-funded national health/educational services will inevitably be blamed on the non-nationals who are sharing the same waiting rooms/classrooms. So I don't blame these people for being duped into thinking that immigrants are the real problem and Brexit might reverse these trends.

Like you say, though, a party like Labour should be challenging this and urging their voters to focus on the real villains in the piece, instead of sitting back and letting xenophobia and nostalgia drive the the country head-long towards a really shitty decision.

Oscie

It's all just fecked up. Poor people in Britain really are suffering under Tory austerity. I also think they genuinely do experience whatever negative consequences immigration might cause in this context far more than middle-class/wealthy people. Over-crowded, under-funded national health/educational services will inevitably be blamed on the non-nationals who are sharing the same waiting rooms/classrooms. So I don't blame these people for being duped into thinking that immigrants are the real problem and Brexit might reverse these trends.

Like you say, though, a party like Labour should be challenging this and urging their voters to focus on the real villains in the piece, instead of sitting back and letting xenophobia and nostalgia drive the the country head-long towards a really shitty decision.

Oh wait I've got this: um...*clears throat*....We just have to get on with it! We cannot expect a political party to try and enact political change or influence political decisions!

There, I've got that right, haven't I?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think it's time to accept that a hard Brexit is happening, if you're a British citizen in an EU country or an EU citizen in Britain be prepared for an bureaucratic nightmare. I predict in both cases governments will say something along the line of "you can stay but you need to complete some forms because your status has changed to that of non-EU citizen". It is difficult to predict how the different governments of Europe will deal with the situation, British people tend to be in highly skilled jobs on the continent so I would think companies would want to hold onto them.

Having dealt with some of the UK government services, I can tell you they are disjointed and a headache. May will probably promise that EU nationals are fine in the UK as long you fill in some form or whatever, but expect there to be some problems with processing. I foresee many being told to leave because small issue with paperwork.

Just a prediction but does it doesn't seem like anybody really knows what is going on so I don't think my guesswork is that wrong.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Brexit reminds me about the fall of the Roman republic. Sure it ended up when Augustus became emperor. However throughout the ages they were plenty of people who stick their daggers into it from Sulla who lead his legions against Rome, to Pompey and Cassius who sealed a deal with Caesar that allowed him to practically do whatever he wants right to the same Caesar who marched his legions against Rome once again. Then there was Lepidus, Augustus & Mark Anthony who turned a perfectly reasonable arrangement between them into a power grab.

Some might think I am sounding dramatic but there's many similarities between the two events. Cameron might have paved the way to Brexit but it came under years of pressure from prominent right wing politicians + media who legitimised Brexit and even turned it to like its a good idea. Then there are closet remainers who would rather stay silent and add extra mileage to their political careers then do the right thing and break the truth to the voters. What is of concern is that similarly to ancient Rome, Brexit has set a very dangerous precedent. Anyone with sufficient connections can easily pick a populist topic, he can then build momentum around it and then force the government for a referendum vote on it which will then force those who disagree with it to resign, leaving a huge vacuum behind that can be exploited. Politicians on the other hand can milk the system till the very end and then feel perfectly legitimised to jump ship following a referendum result they didn't like. That's dangerous, very dangerous.

I mean imagine if Churchill had to contend with a well connection platinum hair moron who saw the initial resistance to war as a good idea of getting rid of opposition for good. He could build momentum thanks to his connections with the tabloids and probably some cash from 'unreliable sources' then force a referendum which he might win. With Churchill out and the British government's hand tied by the will of the people, Hitler would then ravage Europe with little to no opposition.

Stanley Road

Renaissance Man

:lol:

I'm sure a tory toff used the term feck You this week

But no, you're right, it's all Corbyns fault

Oscie

Of course it isn't all Corbyn's fault, but it's bizarre to see this playing out of a man on the one hand supposedly so hugely influential, transformative and inspirational leader whose supporters insist he should be treated as little more than peripheral and irrelevant to any discussion on the biggest political issue to face this country in 70 years. Even mentioning his name in respect of Brexit you get the distinct impression a lot of people in this thread consider poor form. It's completely bizarre. He's the leader of the Labour party. If I was coming in here every day asking what David fecking Walliams was doing about it then I'd understand the counter argument.

At a time when the government of this country is going to do irreparable harm to people, business and public services in this country by leaving the EU, leaving the Single Market and leaving the Customs Union the OPPOSITION has a policy of leaving the EU, leaving the Single Market and leaving the Customs Union.

What's hilarious is that the only thing that seems to piss people in this thread off isn't that fact at all, it's the notion that anyone has the audacity to notice. There are people here who accept that the Tories are driving the country off the cliff but somehow don't seem to think the fact Labour has essentially the exact same policy is something anyone is allowed to notice.

'Tories are going to crash and burn this country'
- Yep and it's sad Labour's policy is the same.
'LOL! Yes it's all Corbyn's fault!'
- Didn't say that but he should..
'Oh! Jeremy Corbyn!"
- Why are you singing? I'm just..
'OH! JEREMY CORBYN!'
- This is childish, it's...
'OH! JEREMY CORBYN!!!'

Last edited:

Fearless

Mighty Mouse

You're all missing the point why Corbyn is a Leaver:

https://www.cpbml.org.uk/leave

Oscie

You're all missing the point why Corbyn is a Leaver:

https://www.cpbml.org.uk/leave
If he does back leave he really should say. At least we know where he stands. What sticks in the craw is the idea that he's a highly principled man of honour who is either lying about not supporting Brexit or cannot oppose it despite his convictions because to do so would be politically inconvenient.

Neither of those strike me as a position any highly principled man of honour would find himself in but even his own supporters cannot deny that one of those two things describes his position perfectly. So instead we're on this merry-go-round of somehow insisting Corbyn is the saviour of British politics but somehow feign indignation when anyone mentions his name in relation to any of the big issues of British politics. I suspect when certain people saw his name in the title they were immediately ready to be affronted were any mention of him contained within the thread itself was anything other than gushing.

I don't blame the Tories for wanting to feck poor people over in the same way I don't blame my dog for licking his own arse. It's what I expect. I blame any Labour leader who has no interest in stopping poor people being fecked over and hold in contempt any of his cheerleaders who tell me I'm being unreasonable to ask why the Labour leader isn't doing anything much to stop poor people being fecked over.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
If he does back leave he really should say. At least we know where he stands. What sticks in the craw is the idea that he's a highly principled man of honour who is either lying about not supporting Brexit or cannot oppose it despite his convictions because to do so would be politically inconvenient.

Neither of those strike me as a position any highly principled man of honour would find himself in but even his own supporters cannot deny that one of those two things describes his position perfectly. So instead we're on this merry-go-round of somehow insisting Corbyn is the saviour of British politics but somehow feign indignation when anyone mentions his name in relation to any of the big issues of British politics. I suspect when certain people saw his name in the title they were immediately ready to be affronted were any mention of him contained within the thread itself was anything other than gushing.

I don't blame the Tories for wanting to feck poor people over in the same way I don't blame my dog for licking his own arse. It's what I expect. I blame any Labour leader who has no interest in stopping poor people being fecked over and hold in contempt any of his cheerleaders who tell me I'm being unreasonable to ask why the Labour leader isn't doing anything much to stop poor people being fecked over.
He's a leaver. I went to a Brexit meeting and the Communist Party - to my shock - were campaigning for a hard brexit more than UKIP. That's Corbyn's position too. Hence the silence.

You've all been fooled I'm afraid.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
Could have been UKIP this, but it's Corbyn's comrades:

https://www.cpbml.org.uk/news/walk-away

What on earth is the government doing? The clarity of the referendum nearly two years ago has become mired in a desperate – and futile – search to come up with a plan that the EU will like. That’s not what we voted for.

The tangle of detail and objections is designed to trap us in the EU net. We must insist the government walk away from the table.

Amid the fog of conflicting briefings, one thing is clear: the people of Britain cannot rely on the existing political order to carry out a clear instruction on the most important matter we have faced since the Second World War. We must act, and act now.

Our own political generals have no stomach for the fight. The government’s “collaborative approach” to negotiations is just that – collaboration with the would-be colonial power that is the EU, concession after concession until Leaving becomes Remaining but in an even more slavish relationship than before June 2016.

Sabotage
The “negotiations” are matched by lack of preparations for independence, such as building the necessary infrastructure to enforce control over our economy, borders and laws. In practice this amounts to sabotage.

And all the while parliament, with its massive majority of MPs who voted Remain, is promoting the sabotage, supported by the Lords. Both houses prattle about constitution and sovereignty, but what they mean is that they think they are sovereign over the people.

Only the fact of the 17.4 million Leave voters – and no sign of regrets, in fact the opposite – holds them to any appearance of carrying out our decision.

The solution is for the people to exercise sovereignty, to take control. Let’s begin by moving heaven and earth to concentrate our forces on Westminster: to compel the politicians to do the right thing.

Let’s return to the simplicity of our decision. Reinstate the red lines for Brexit. That would terrify the EU would-be masters. Only then can real negotiations begin – from the true position of British strength.

Oscie

I don't think there's any doubt where Corbyn stands on everything Brexit related, slightly to the right of Iain Duncan Smith and marginally to the left of Nigel Farage. Been interesting the last two years to see how increasingly irate his most rabid of supporters now get whenever anyone dares to notice. All whilst still pretending this 'man of principle' who is lying to everyone's face for political convenience is still a 'man of principle'.

May's plans for UK to have ongoing involvement in the SM after the transition period appear to have been rejected out of hand before it's even been formally proposed. It's as if this Brexit lark is complicated, isn't it?

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
Jeremy Corbyn is NOT a man of principal. How much more proof do you need?
He lies about his Brexit stance, does next to nothing about anti-semitism, befriends terrorists and wears a stupid Lenninist hat.

'Ever had that feeling you've been cheated?