Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I actually qualify for an Italian passport but it's a ballache to do the paperwork - I need my grandmothers' birth certificate and a million other things. I'll be applying for it if I need a visa to travel in Europe though.
Do it now, when it's done you have it and don't have to worry about anything. Remember that by having it, you will give the option to your successors to have it too.

Last edited:

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Many of the retirees will probably have to move, I think those in employment who can't be easily replaced should be ok but will have to follow the countries' procedures to get a work permit.

Are you a UK citizen or Irish? your location says you're in NI, probably won't be easy to buy property in Spain once no deal happens
If there's a deal, I expect European countries will mirror what's already been promised by Mrs May - people who are already residents (first step to permanent residency/citizenship) will be allowed to continue as such. We have owned property in Italy for 7 years but in light of Brexit, we have just applied for (and been granted) residency. That's valid for 5 years, then you can apply to convert it to permanent residency. We now have Italian ID cards.

Not one word was said about Brexit (or future changes to the system) when we did our paperwork at the local Town Hall.

edit - @C3Pique, don't delay if you're in the enviable position of being entitled to an Italian passport by means of ancestry. Start applying now.

SqueakyWeasel

Do it now, when it's done you have it and don't have to worry about anything.
This defeatist talk does all slightly smack a bit of: we might as well give up, after all, we were bested by Boris bloody Johnson and Nigel fecking Farage … the two most devious minds in Christendom!

I refuse to give up!

Where else in the fecking world would this not end up in a car horn symphony?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Brits should have bought property over 10 years ago when it was 1.4:1 … we are basically 1:1 now and BREXIT hasn't even happened yet!

The problem when discussing the leavers (the people who are leaving the UK rather than the people who voted for BREXIT) is not about counting their numbers but accessing the loss of their value to Britain. It seems (without saying all BREXIT voters are stupid and racist) that the people leaving are the most intelligent.

A good example …

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/14/top-linguist-quits-uk-over-brexit-bad-atmosphere

This will not end well!
It's hovering around EUR 1.13:1 GBP at the moment and has climbed recently, but there's a fall coming. I'm wondering if it might reach the point where the EUR is worth a bit more but a no deal creates uncertainty around both currencies.

When the recession hit the US in 2008 Canada wasn't hit at all and the value of the Canadian dollar surpassed the USD for a while. We might see a similar situation happen with GBP/EUR.

I get paid in Canadian dollars so I'm thinking it'll be worth sending some money to my UK account if the pound takes a beating. You'd think it would recover after a while.

SqueakyWeasel

It's hovering around EUR 1.13:1 GBP at the moment and has climbed recently, but there's a fall coming. I'm wondering if it might reach the point where the EUR is worth a bit more but a no deal creates uncertainty around both currencies.

When the recession hit the US in 2008 Canada wasn't hit at all and the value of the Canadian dollar surpassed the USD for a while. We might see a similar situation happen with GBP/EUR.

I get paid in Canadian dollars so I'm thinking it'll be worth sending some money to my UK account if the pound takes a beating. You'd think it would recover after a while.
I have been in Germany since the DM and if I knew then what I know now I could have made more profit on money than business and property!

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I actually qualify for an Italian passport but it's a ballache to do the paperwork - I need my grandmothers' birth certificate and a million other things. I'll be applying for it if I need a visa to travel in Europe though.
Do it. Yes there's loads of paperwork but so what, but it takes time and in the end you are not relying on anyone apart from yourself once it is done.
Mine was easy without problem but it still took seventeen months.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
whats your stance on brexit?
Staunchly in the Remain camp. I think they’ve not just shot them selves in the foot but amputated both legs. The fact that people fell for what was clearly a bunch of lies angers me greatly. I’m shocked at how many people who I thought were rational intelligent people have turned into mini Nigel Farages.

It’s also going to screw NI and Ireland over big time

Lastly it’s scary that Boris fecking Johnsen will probably end up as PM in the near future.

Absolute mess all round.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Not everyone is of voting age
That's what I said.

Anyway, with such an important vote, which is virtually irreversible, there should have either been a 2/3rds majority, or a majority of people eligible to vote.

It's not like a government, who we can vote out in 5 years if we don't like them (and there is a credible alternative ;)).

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Staunchly in the Remain camp. I think they’ve not just shot them selves in the foot but amputated both legs. The fact that people fell for what was clearly a bunch of lies angers me greatly. I’m shocked at how many people who I thought were rational intelligent people have turned into mini Nigel Farages.

It’s also going to screw NI and Ireland over big time

Lastly it’s scary that Boris fecking Johnsen will probably end up as PM in the near future.

Absolute mess all round.
Does it annoy you that the DUP are willing to wreck everything just to be more british?

Xeno

Only for that Brexit should be banned. I wonder how those voted Leave can justify reducing Food and Health Standards?
Need dual standards. Brexiters get the steroid milk and chlorine chicken, Remainers keep their coq au vin and Roquefort.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Need dual standards. Brexiters get the steroid milk and chlorine chicken, Remainers keep their coq au vin and Roquefort.
I wonder which one is the worse for your safety :lol:

GloryHunter07

That's what I said.

Anyway, with such an important vote, which is virtually irreversible, there should have either been a 2/3rds majority, or a majority of people eligible to vote.

It's not like a government, who we can vote out in 5 years if we don't like them (and there is a credible alternative ;)).
I agree :(

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Only for that Brexit should be banned. I wonder how those voted Leave can justify reducing Food and Health Standards?
Because they Are unjustified and it will make britain great again and summat about The special relationship and with 350m a week for The health service we Can afford a few cases of food poisoning

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
See the Brexiteers are jumping up and down at the prospect of a three year transition period.

Getting the UK to pay for 3 years membership without having a say will be good business for the EU.

Fly in the ointment is that May has to come up with the solution to the Irish border in order to get the 3 years.
Notwithstanding the UK parliament not agreeing.

GloryHunter07

Cant they just get this Tory rebellion out of the way now ffs? The sooner they do it the sooner we can sweep the whole sorry lot out.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Hard to know what will happen now but in my view the extension is highly likely and when agreed this could easily trigger a leadership challenge.

GloryHunter07

Hard to know what will happen now but in my view the extension is highly likely and when agreed this could easily trigger a leadership challenge.
Some people are suggesting that the Government and the EU are delaying things in order to ensure there isnt enough time for leadership changes/elections. That way a deal can be forced through against the threat of no deal.

Smores

The brexiteers can't even get May to do what they want with their technique of threats so how they expect it to work on the EU i don't know :lol:

If they don't push a leadership challenge in the next couple of days then it shows they're all bluster

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Some people are suggesting that the Government and the EU are delaying things in order to ensure there isnt enough time for leadership changes/elections. That way a deal can be forced through against the threat of no deal.
It makes some sense and I think enough Labour MP's when faced with hard brexit or a transition period would break ranks with Corbyn
the problem is the DUP and hard brexiteers know this so will probably choose to fight over the budget as they would see it as a chance to sink may and possibly the opposition parties wee it as their best chance to force a GE

and even if somehow she survives to put the transition arrangement in place she is as good as gone in the spring when the real negotiations start it will be the likes of mogg johnson and davies most probably in a position to mess it all up