Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
SNP - If you are lucky enough to live where they are standing

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
That makes sense I admit. I'm not sure how many of those who voted Labour at the time worked that out as well as you, but I am sure they will all say they did now!

Vote Liberal or Green for me.
It was fairly obvious that in the General election a vote for either Lib Dem or Green to make a point over Brexit would also have been a wasted vote in that it would have allowed the tories to take the majority they sought to force their version of Brexit through. The Euros are different and which party people are better voting for to hope to minimise the number of Tory and Brexit Party seats will depend on the region and will involve some fairly deep analysis of the D'Hondt proportional representation. To have a hope of a second referendum and overturning Brexit we must try to ensure that the greens, lib dems and chuk all manage to pick up at least one or hopefully two seats each whilst UKIP and Farage go some way to divide their own vote and reduce their representation with the tories suffering losses and labour probably staying pretty much where they were if they are still sitting on the fence.

That said I've still not got a clue where to put my cross at the end of the month as the SE area looks like nothing much will change, I suspect all 4 UKIP seats will pass over to Brexit but hope they might divide the vote a bit and lose one of them and think the tories may lose one of their 3 seats. It's unlikely that the greens or lib dems would get enough to increase from 1 to 2 seats though and Chuk will most likely steal that chance and take the seat the tories lose. If labour would come out and side with a 2nd referendum then I might still consider them in the hope they could pick up a 4th seat removing one from UKIP/Brexit but otherwise it will either be Green or Libdem for me to ensure their seat and hope they can pick up a spare if the hard right do split their votes.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
It was fairly obvious that in the General election a vote for either Lib Dem or Green to make a point over Brexit would also have been a wasted vote in that it would have allowed the tories to take the majority they sought to force their version of Brexit through. The Euros are different and which party people are better voting for to hope to minimise the number of Tory and Brexit Party seats will depend on the region and will involve some fairly deep analysis of the D'Hondt proportional representation. To have a hope of a second referendum and overturning Brexit we must try to ensure that the greens, lib dems and chuk all manage to pick up at least one or hopefully two seats each whilst UKIP and Farage go some way to divide their own vote and reduce their representation with the tories suffering losses and labour probably staying pretty much where they were if they are still sitting on the fence.

That said I've still not got a clue where to put my cross at the end of the month as the SE area looks like nothing much will change, I suspect all 4 UKIP seats will pass over to Brexit but hope they might divide the vote a bit and lose one of them and think the tories may lose one of their 3 seats. It's unlikely that the greens or lib dems would get enough to increase from 1 to 2 seats though and Chuk will most likely steal that chance and take the seat the tories lose. If labour would come out and side with a 2nd referendum then I might still consider them in the hope they could pick up a 4th seat removing one from UKIP/Brexit but otherwise it will either be Green or Libdem for me to ensure their seat and hope they can pick up a spare if the hard right do split their votes.
I can understand tactical voting but personally I prefer to vote for who I think is most right on the biggest issues, which in this election will be the Liberals, I think.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Despite it being abundantly clear that Labour is a leave party, why are so many still trying to convince themselves that voting Labour somehow means that we are more likely to remain?
This, or at least Corbyn has always been a leaver, but a majority of the base and MPs arn't.

Better to vote Liberal in these elections if you're either against the "deal" or "no deal".

Also polling for these election will be garbage, turnout was only 35% last time so heavily skewed towards those with strong leave EU views. Surely will be 60%+ this time. Most regular people don't normally vote in EU elections. Pollsters are pinning the tale on the donkey trying to figure a representative sample for these elections.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
That's a very good point. Did anyone see the lib dem revival coming?
It is. As for the liberals I didn't see anyone forecast their results, although I wondered why they weren't doing better in the polls and still do. I think a lot will depend on their new leader now, whilst there doesn't seem to be anyone that's promising one can but hope being in the spotlight will make a difference. Whoever it should be a bit more inspiring than Cable at any rate.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This bloody woman is still trying to pass her deal. Macron was right.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
One one hand, I admire the way he openly ridicules our intelligence.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
You'd think it'd be illegal to go into an election without a published manifesto...

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
On the plus side I just bet my sister a tenner they’d win the European elections this month, so that’s an easy tenner.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Fairly certain the polls will turn out to be very wrong..., impossible for pollsters to know what a the correct sample is for this election, given likely turnout change and a new party. Quite possibly being used as propaganda to support the "deal".

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Labour are I’d say. The Tory vote is split.
I think labours big problem comes ironically enough if they force the ge they want
At that point they actually have to put in place some firm policy's
Is their policy to have a second referendum or not... It can't be a 2nd referendum remains an option to stop a damaging Tory brexit.
It has to be a clear this is our brexit plan and it does / does not involve a public vote (be that initially or confirmatiory)
And at that point the polls probably move... But more importantly the party probably implodes

spiriticon

So even if we remain, we are having most our MEPs represented by the Brexit Party.

How does that make anything better for the future relationship with the EU?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
So even if we remain, we are having most our MEPs represented by the Brexit Party.

Let's be honest I think we are getting to the point where if there was a vote in the whole EU I think they would say just get rid of the UK... They clearly don't believe in the EU project and they are more trouble than they are worth
Electing a bunch of farrage clones who bang in about bongo bongo lands and that if it wasn't for us you would all be speaking German is certainly not condusive to a collaborative future relationship
That said I do wonder how powerful the anti EU block of meps might be in the next parliament as there is certainly likley to be an element of anti EU MP's from France Spain Austria, eastern Europe, Italy , Greece... Would be ironic if the EU parliament it's self ended up as an anti EU institution (and that we choose to leave at exactly the most likley time to be able to introduce reforms to streamline)

But yeah farrage, a-reese-mogg, widdecombe certainly don't represent me and my views though clearly they represent enough peoples as all seem likley to be on the EU gravey train as they attempt to derail it

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If Farage manages to fool the people twice, the people deserve all the shit that comes with it. He peddled the same lies, lack of clear thought and reasonless phobia during the referendum and bailed as soon as it happened. Now he is back doing the same shit and receiving votes according to polls.

Dan_F

If Farage manages to fool the people twice, the people deserve all the shit that comes with it. He peddled the same lies, lack of clear thought and reasonless phobia during the referendum and bailed as soon as it happened. Now he is back doing the same shit and receiving votes according to polls.
Yep. You could see how much he was trying to squirm out of that interview, but his supporters will probably come away from it very happy that the BBC are completely unfair to him.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Yep. You could see how much he was trying to squirm out of that interview, but his supporters will probably come away from it very happy that the BBC are completely unfair to him.
I think people underestimate just how reluctant people Are to change their mind... People form opinions quickly and look for evidence to back it up or for people to blame...

Farrage knows this with his dog whistle politics and blaming the EU or remoaners etc

He will do very well in these elections

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

Bear in mind the Tory and UKIP seat share at the last EU election was almost 60%. Optics wise it would royally suck if New UKIP won, but if that collective seat share can be brought under 50% then it can be seen as a win I think.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's true, but also fecked up as we'll all have to deal with the fallout...