Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I thought as the game was over anyway we didn’t want to risk an injury to a key player so he was subbed off.

snowkarl

How the feck would Mark Goldbridge know if Bruno had a go at Maguire?
He has inside sources. He is by far the biggest Man United fan outlet at the moment. 50k people watch him live daily right now, it's pretty crazy.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He has inside sources. He is by far the biggest Man United fan outlet at the moment. 50k people watch him live daily right now, it's pretty crazy.
He does? I thought people just watched him because he's an idiot

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
John Giles saying Bruno is a very good player but we need someone better than Pogba in the middle to deliver to him (Bruno.)

snowkarl

He does? I thought people just watched him because he's an idiot
I don't watch him much but he honestly almost never slags off our players, never calls for Ole out and doesn't really overreact to losses or poor performances.

He gets a lot of views from opponent fans because he's the biggest fan channel, hence his poor rep I think.

Definitely has inside sources though, to some degree. Not a direct like to Woody, but some people for sure.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't watch him much but he honestly almost never slags off our players, never calls for Ole out and doesn't really overreact to losses or poor performances.

He gets a lot of views from opponent fans because he's the biggest fan channel, hence his poor rep I think.

Definitely has inside sources though, to some degree. Not a direct like to Woody, but some people for sure.
From what I've seen his whole thing is overreacting, or acting stupidly. I've only been sent clips from non-United fans taking the rip, as if he represents all of us.

There was also the whole thing about not actually being a United supporter, and just doing this for the hits. Don't know how true it is though.

Frank White

He wouldn't. Just watched the video to see what the fuss was about. He starts this whole made up scenario off with "I imagine in my mind" he knows nothing about what happened.

snowkarl

From what I've seen his whole thing is overreacting, or acting stupidly. I've only been sent clips from non-United fans taking the rip, as if he represents all of us.

There was also the whole thing about not actually being a United supporter, and just doing this for the hits. Don't know how true it is though.
Well he streams an insane amount. Just checked his channel and just today he's been on stream for about 7 hours, streaming live reactions. Bound to have some bad moments, but I actually watched him a bit today and he was very staunchly pro-Ole, very reasonable on all players. Not negative at all. I think people stereotype him as AFTV-like and shit on him for that reason.

No idea about that tbh... never read up on the history behind him and whatnot.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Well he streams an insane amount. Just checked his channel and just today he's been on stream for about 7 hours, streaming live reactions. Bound to have some bad moments, but I actually watched him a bit today and he was very staunchly pro-Ole, very reasonable on all players. Not negative at all. I think people stereotype him as AFTV-like and shit on him for that reason.

No idea about that tbh... never read up on the history behind him and whatnot.
Fair enough. Maybe I've got it wrong about him.

binary bot
Fair enough. Maybe I've got it wrong about him.
Pretty confident he started as a Partridge-esque character and after realising how lucrative a United channel can be, toned it down

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Nice analysis. I agree especially with points about dribbling and defensive liability. Problem with buying top, strong defensively and energetic CDM to play behind Pogba is that we can't be sure if it'll work. For me he just isn't worth that risk of building team around him, wherever he plays.

It would be interesting to analyze if he had developed since moving from Juve.

Irwin99

There's going to be a Lampard/Gerrard style debate over him and Pogba all season isn't there?! (they often don't play well together, one of them should be further forward than the other, one of them should be benched etc.).

always_hoping

Don't understand some of the critical comments on here, Bruno is one of the few players that cares and is the only player that shows/delivers leadership on the field.

He had a knock coming into today's games I presume he was taken off with that in mind and the fact the game as a contest was over by then.

snowkarl

There's going to be a Lampard/Gerrard style debate over him and Pogba all season isn't there?! (they often don't play well together, one of them should be further forward than the other, one of them should be benched etc.).
Neither Bruno nor Pogba are fit to lace Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes' boots. Let's not even begin to compare them.

More like comparing Lingard and Pereira. Who should start?! Neither, obviously.

Tony247

Any confirmation why Bruno was replaced when we were a man down and he has higher work rate than Pogba?

clarkydaz

Any confirmation why Bruno was replaced when we were a man down and he has higher work rate than Pogba?
one of the fancam guys said he heard Bruno and Matic were fighting at halftime. thats why they both were inexplicably subbed

Strelok

Tbh I don't get why people would trash Bruno. He literally involved in all the goals we scored this season. We create basically nothing without this guy. And he seems to be of the very few left at this club who actually care about winning.

However I do agree that he's been less effective. He's been targeted much more recently and his passing, his flicks are not as sharp as when he first came. But I don't think he'd join our 'we all got worse' club. Guy seems very professional and very determined. I do feel for him when his most important teammates are I'm-not-captain Maguire and I-don't-give-a-feck Pogba.

Sylar

I did find this particularly odd. I thought the subs that were made to come on made sense. But if I had a choice of keeping Pogba or Bruno(with a man down), Bruno would win that 10/10 times.

Tony247

one of the fancam guys said he heard Bruno and Matic were fighting at halftime. thats why they both were inexplicably subbed
There was a small argument between them on the field. At that moment Bruno was particularly nonchalant when he received a pass in own half. A spurs player came from behind and took away the ball from his feet. He was frustrated at Matic as matic was close to action and he didn't warn Bruno may be shout like 'watch it'. Matic was upset that Bruno was trying to make it as his fault kind of saying 'you think that's my fault?' something like that. Now, Matic is not a player who takes it lying down. They both might have taken this small fued in the dressing room. God knows if there was small fight or big fight or no fight. But it was odd to see at least Bruno got subbed given his work rate.

clarkydaz

There was a small argument between them on the field. At that moment Bruno was particularly nonchalant when he received a pass in own half. A spurs player came from behind and took away the ball from his feet. He was frustrated at Matic as matic was close to action and he didn't warn Bruno may be shout like 'watch it'. Matic was upset that Bruno was trying to make it as his fault kind of saying 'you think that's my fault?' something like that. Now, Matic is not a player who takes it lying down. They both might have taken this small fued in the dressing room. God knows if there was small fight or big fight or no fight. But it was odd to see at least Bruno got subbed given his work rate.
yeah we saw what he was like with Lindelof against Sevilla. i joked elsewhere we left all the fight in the changing room for the 2 nd half and im kind of shocked ole done both of them as ultimately its embarrassed him even more

Ralph1386

Another youtuber, Adam Mckola, mentioned it too.
But they are just speculating on why Bruno was taken off at halftime. Nobody said it was factual information.

saivet

Nice analysis. I agree especially with points about dribbling and defensive liability. Problem with buying top, strong defensively and energetic CDM to play behind Pogba is that we can't be sure if it'll work. For me he just isn't worth that risk of building team around him, wherever he plays.

It would be interesting to analyze if he had developed since moving from Juve.
Maybe it won't but I think we desperately need a defensive midfielder regardless. Matic puts in a few good performances but can't keep it up over a long stretch and I don't think Fred or McT are the answer either.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The definition of a luxuary player. Missing to many easy passes. Scoring penalties is clouding peoples judgement. We would do better with a hard working midfield rather than him and Pogba.
I assume this is a joke?

The Original

Someone said on Youtube that the reason why he was taken off at half time is because he had a go at Harry Maguire.

Has anyone heard about this?

I actually admire his competitiveness and leadership if it were true.
Leadership is not having a go at everyone else when you are scarcely better yourself. That's passing the buck instead of rallying the troops, and potentially causing more of a divide in the team. This leadership thing, I just don't see it as clearly the players don't seem to respect him as much as the fans would like to believe.

spiriticon

Does anyone else hate these ultra-generic tweets/post by footballers after a bad loss? I'd rather they just shut up.

All this 'WE GO AGAIN (muscle emoji)' and 'WE MUST HAVE A HARD LOOK AT OURSELVES' and then they turn up the next week to be spanked again.

Good one.

The Urban Goose

It's no coincidence that he played his best, and the team was at its best ove, when we had a proper hardworking midfield, not a Zimmer frame and a YouTube show pony.

Rolaholic

Hope that's true, our 'captain' definitely deserved a solid kick up the arse after that half

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
They said he is good as a ten, but not good enough to be the playmaker. Giles said we needed someone like Modric to control the play.
John Giles saying Bruno is a very good player but we need someone better than Pogba in the middle to deliver to him (Bruno.)
Don’t need Modric type of midfielder to make pass to Bruno, Bruno is a playmaker not a forward that makes run. Someone like Donny or Fred is more than enough. Fred worked out well enough before lockdown to find Bruno. What we need behind Bruno is someone who can press, win the ball back and also 2nd ball to launch counter.

Bayern had Thiago before, and now what they had as replacement is not playmaker but more of box to box or all round midfield who work their socks off, can do both attack and defend not a deep playmaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.