6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Tactics wasn’t in the starting 11 yesterday, why is Bruno making him the escapegoat?
Maguire - 1st goal - 3 mistakes including fouling his own player who is trying to clear the ball
2nd goal - Maguire mistake
4th goal - Maguire getting nutmegged

He cost us 3 goals. A £80m leader, captain, defender does the opposite. When your team goes 1-0 so early, the leader, captain will say to everyone okay calm down, lets keep the ball. Instead he lost his head.

Maguire - 1st goal - 3 mistakes including fouling his own player who is trying to clear the ball
2nd goal - Maguire mistake
4th goal - Maguire getting nutmegged

He cost us 3 goals. A £80m leader, captain, defender does the opposite. When your team goes 1-0 so early, the leader, captain will say to everyone okay calm down, lets keep the ball. Instead he lost his head.
Completely agree. My post was a joke (clearly not a very good one) quoting one about Bruno having a go at “Tactics”; I said this “player” wasn’t even in the starting 11, referencing the complete lack of tactics shown during the match. Nothing to do with Maguire.

No more jokes from me.

romufc

Completely agree. My post was a joke (clearly not a very good one) quoting one about Bruno having a go at “Tactics”; I said this “player” wasn’t even in the starting 11, referencing the complete lack of tactics shown during the match. Nothing to do with Maguire.

No more jokes from me.
Whoops :houllier: My bad. The problem with the caf is you just never know.

Alemar

Hope that's true, our 'captain' definitely deserved a solid kick up the arse after that half
Very good to hear if true - that’s leadership. Ole needs to learn and to find some cojones to drop our so called “captain” Maguire now

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
All this talk about a fight at HT is completely made up :lol:

Bruno had a thigh strain before the match and was a doubt to even play. I assume once Ole realised we were 4-1 down at HT he felt it was pointless to risk him any further.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
One day (and that day could be sooner) he is going to snap at Ole big time and then all hell will break loose.

That said I think he needs to control his emotions on the field. That actually put his team mates in bad picture. Fight in dressing room, fine. At the end of the day he needs to work with them as a team. May be I am losing my memory but Keane was as strict captain as anyone can be with low threshold of tolerance for mistakes but I don't remember him picking fights with his teammates on the ground during the match.
Was he arguing with Maguire or someone else on the pitch?

Silas

That's how Ole system. Direct & counter football. This is why we should drop Pogba and play double pivot who can win the ball back to give the pass to Bruno. Only play Pogba against lesser team who sits deep.
And make it easier for the opposition to completely mark out our creativity? Fantastic idea.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
And make it easier for the opposition to completely mark out our creativity? Fantastic idea.
Creativity at the expense of what? He can't even do a 6 yard pass or do any basics of midfield properly. Can't control the tempo, lets opponents drift by him. You don't play a CM just for that one elusive hollywood pass.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It would have been better if you read the whole post not just half of it.

The creativity doesnt come from Bruno but also Telles. Unlike Pogba, Bruno is better in his off ball movement. And Pogba can always come on as a sub to make impact.

Silas

It would have been better if you read the whole post not just half of it.

The creativity doesnt come from Bruno but also Telles. Unlike Pogba, Bruno is better in his off ball movement. And Pogba can always come on as a sub to make impact.
I did. No matter how good a LB is at pinging a ball, he won't be able to replace the loss of creativity in the midfield. On a fundamental level, his options are limited by the fact that he plays on a single side of the pitch.

Creativity at the expense of what? He can't even do a 6 yard pass or do any basics of midfield properly. Can't control the tempo, lets opponents drift by him. You don't play a CM just for that one elusive hollywood pass.
He's off form at the moment, but I find it hard to believe that after everything Pogba's shown since he's been here, you seriously believe that's all he brings to the table.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I did. No matter how good a LB is at pinging a ball, he won't be able to replace the loss of creativity in the midfield. On a fundamental level, his options are limited by the fact that he plays on a single side of the pitch.
The point is that creativity doesn’t come from middle but also come from width too. It’s about having more different option to create chances and at the same time creating balance.

Blood Mage

IMO we'll only see how good he can really be once we add some steel behind him in midfield to free him up.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Pogba and matic, there’s no aggression there at all. It’s pedestrian and error prone. We need to get someone dominant in DM to let the attackers thrive and hopefully keep the oppo pinned back a bit better when we have it. Matic is going to fall apart this season with the amount of games. Tired matic is not a good level. Unfit Pogba is even worse.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He's off form at the moment, but I find it hard to believe that after everything Pogba's shown since he's been here, you seriously believe that's all he brings to the table.
He was good when Ole first took over. Was never consistent under Mourinho. Too much time has passed and he is constantly regressing by each game.

He always succumbs to high press, he is seemingly unable to keep the midfield ticking. Always takes needless touches and keeps making useless flicks. He is not great defensively. Recently he is even having trouble passing the ball.

I would anyday take a consistent midfielder who belives in playing touch and go football.

Pogba might have lot to offer, unfortunately he never does.

edcunited1878

Be interesting to see if Ole goes back to an axis of Matic and Fred or Matic and VDB or Fred and VDB with Bruno ahead of them.

Once Bruno came into the side, it was him, Matic, and Fred that had really good performances before the restart. Then after the restart, when United had Martial back to his best with Greenwood, Bruno played with Pogba and Matic or Fred.

He's going to lose the ball, but he does try to recover immediately. It's just that as a central midfield unit, there's not the same energy or urgency when it's Matic and Pogba. Matic and Fred seem to be the best balance, but we've yet to seen Matic and VDB or Fred and VDB. Could be interesting to see Fred and VDB with Bruno. Smaller/shorter players, but most energy, movement on/off the ball, good technical ability, and commitment compared to Matic/Pogba. They lose the long range passing and vision, but they could function well with Bruno to the large positive impact of the team...while Matic is strategically played for particular matches and while Pogba regains total match fitness.

Caesar2290

Hope that's true, our 'captain' definitely deserved a solid kick up the arse after that half
This actually sounds like something Roy Keane would have done in his prime.:devil:

On a sidenote, I think he and Pogba can't share the same starting 11. They are too similar as if they both give the ball away too much with their risky passes.

Bruno needs the MF to hold onto possession. Otherwise we end up giving the ball away too much. Matic is a really good passer. But both Pogba and Fred give the ball away too much.

What I wouldn't give now for a MF trio of Carrick Scholes and Bruno.:drool:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

MUrphFC

If we're worried about that then we should play VDB more who naturally plays the same position

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Anyone who’s ever had a newborn baby in their house can relate to the “mental and physical wear” he’s going through. His goal celebration reveals he’s a fairly hands on dad so having a new baby and a toddler at home will be pushing him close to breaking point as it is. Never mind what’s happening at the club.

dev1l

Anyone who’s ever had a newborn baby in their house can relate to the “mental and physical wear” he’s going through. His goal celebration reveals he’s a fairly hands on dad so having a new baby and a toddler at home will be pushing him close to breaking point as it is. Never mind what’s happening at the club.
True

Devil81

I knew something had happened on Sunday, I remember him bollocking Lindelof during the Sevilla game.

If he's loose with his tongue he's got plenty moan about in this team.

SATA

Well we have Donny now so we can probably afford to give him a fortnight or so rest after international duty? He’s also not in the best of form right now so we might as well do it

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I'd imagine it's due to the lack of sleep? One of my dogs was on a strong dose of diuretics for a few weeks this summer and I had to take him outside in the middle of the night, every night (out at midnight, 4 am and around 8 am). I was a wreck on that interrupted sleep cycle.

dev1l

I'd imagine it's due to the lack of sleep? One of my dogs was on a strong dose of diruretics for a few weeks this ummer and I had to take him outside in the middle of the night, every night (out at midnight, 4 am and around 8 am). I was a wreck on that interrupted sleep cycle.
Lack of sleep effects people differently. Mental issues can be common

ReallyUSA

I knew something had happened on Sunday, I remember him bollocking Lindelof during the Sevilla game.

Finally right? Years of everyone hiding and dipping their heads can finally be over.

lsd

The Oracle

Bruno had a thigh strain before the match and was a doubt to even play. I assume once Ole realised we were 4-1 down at HT he felt it was pointless to risk him any further.

Putting a laugh emoji does not make anything you post true

Unless you were in the dressing room you have no idea if there was a bust up or not . Personally i would hope they were at each other's throats after that effort in the first half and we have already seen Bruno has that passion and can call players out for their mistakes

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Lack of sleep effects people differently. Mental issues can be common
Soviets used torture people by depriving them of sleep. You become delusional. Eventually you would admit to anything just to be able to sleep.

Rumours that the British did it in NI as well.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Well we have Donny now so we can probably afford to give him a fortnight or so rest after international duty? He’s also not in the best of form right now so we might as well do it
He's our most productive player and we've lost 2/3 of our opening games, we can't afford to rest him. Even less so when we probably need van de Beek to replace Pogba whose form has been ghastly.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Good. About time someone tell some of those players out there how shit they are. And unlike managers, a player like Bruno is hard to sack. Sad state of affairs but it is what it is.

Devil81

Good. About time someone tell some of those players out there how shit they are. And unlike managers, a player like Bruno is hard to sack. Sad state of affairs but it is what it is.
Only trouble with that is if he's that unhappy it's 10 weeks until another transfer window..

He could hand in a transfer request.

Adam-Utd

Unless you were in the dressing room you have no idea if there was a bust up or not . Personally i would hope they were at each other's throats after that effort in the first half and we have already seen Bruno has that passion and can call players out for their mistakes
And unless you or Mark Goldbridge were in the dressing room you don't know there was a bust up either.

Fernandes isn't playing tonight for Portugal, I think an injury is much more likely than Solskjaer having to sub Bruno because he can't contain his anger :lol: :lol: :lol:

lsd

The Oracle
And unless you or Mark Goldbridge were in the dressing room you don't know there was a bust up either.

Fernandes isn't playing tonight for Portugal, I think an injury is much more likely than Solskjaer having to sub Bruno because he can't contain his anger :lol: :lol: :lol:

Except i never said there was nor did i say there was not

Darlington Padgett

It's a clickbait title. If you read the article it states that Ole is worried that playing him too much is affecting him physically and making him feel like he has to carry the team might affect him mentally.

elnorte

Freaky fly day

The laughing emojis in these situations are certainly obnoxious but worse than that also completely forced.

Adam-Utd

The laughing emojis in these situations are certainly obnoxious but worse than that also completely forced.
Not at all, if you think Ole will sub somebody because they had words at half time then it's worth several green smileys.

Unless Bruno physically attacked Maguire then no chance is he taking him off. It's a simple fact that we were 4-1 down with 10 men, what's the point of keeping him on the pitch?

wolvored

I didnt see that. Where was that reported?

Adam-Utd

I didnt see that. Where was that reported?
I've posted a link on the previous page - but just google "fernandes a doubt for tottenham" and it comes straight up. He missed the Brighton match because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.