6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

No it’s exactly what we don’t need now and there is really no point to “belittle” a team mate at that point, just shows poor attitude and weak mentality imo. Good individual player but seems like a poor team player if this is true.
I agree. His performance with Lindelof in the UEFA Cup was idiotic as well. What exactly was it going to achieve when we needed to go and score a goal and quick.

A-man

I agree. His performance with Lindelof in the UEFA Cup was idiotic as well. What exactly was it going to achieve when we needed to go and score a goal and quick.
It just further breaks down an already broke player. I am sure Maguire already was very disappointed with himself. The thing with Lindelof, I can see how that “must” happen once in a while, and I want the players to care and have feelings. But if it happens around the same player all the time there is a problem.

Posh Red

I suspect dressing room rows are quite common. Tbh, I’m surprised anyone in our squad has it in them. They all come across as spineless fannies.
Really? You haven’t been following what Rashford has been up to in the news? Comes across as anything but spineless to me

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Really? You haven’t been following what Rashford has been up to in the news? Comes across as anything but spineless to me
Yeah, I’m not getting into that. Rashford deserves all the good coverage he’s getting for his charitable efforts.

I was simply making a statement about the collective fortitude of our squad. The results and surrenders don’t lie.

Classical Mechanic

It just further breaks down an already broke player. I am sure Maguire already was very disappointed with himself. The thing with Lindelof, I can see how that “must” happen once in a while, and I want the players to care and have feelings. But if it happens around the same player all the time there is a problem.
I’m sceptical that the Maguire incident was as reported. The sources are garbage. There are rows in the dressing room of course but that’s where it should stay. Calling out a player on the pitch will only risk a serious resentment from the player publicly made a fool of and could cause divisions in the camp.

Paul_Scholes18

I suspect dressing room rows are quite common. Tbh, I’m surprised anyone in our squad has it in them. They all come across as spineless fannies.
Yeah shall not say too much as I do not know what did happen. Getting out emotions can be a good thing.
Although we need a united squad and not groups within the dressing room. Not like Cafe a Ole in vs Ole out dressing room groups or something like that.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Yeah shall not say too much as I do not know what did happen. Getting out emotions can be a good thing.
Although we need a united squad and not groups within the dressing room. Not like Cafe a Ole in vs Ole out dressing room groups or something like that.
Well if there are factions in the dressing room it pretty much makes having Ole in charge pointless. The main thing he was supposed to bring was dressing room harmony and cohesion.

In any case, I don’t think a half time ruck when you’re getting dry bummed by Spurs is all that surprising. I’m sure it’ll all be forgotten and they’ll be virtual high fiving on Instagram soon enough.

Paul_Scholes18

Well if there are factions in the dressing room it pretty much makes having Ole in charge pointless. The main thing he was supposed to bring was dressing room harmony and cohesion.

In any case, I don’t think a half time ruck when you’re getting dry bummed by Spurs is all that surprising. I’m sure it’ll all be forgotten and they’ll be virtual high fiving on Instagram soon enough.
Did anyone push for a turn around in the dressing room? Didn't feel like we did much in the second half. Just waiting for the game to end.
Under SAF we would have tried at least even if it could end badly like it did vs Man City in the 1-6.

bsCallout

I can't believe anyone wouldn't want this reaction from our players.

This is what we've been crying out for!

Keane gets more respect from fellow players than pretty much anyone else and for this exact reaction. Demanding more from teammates.

He should criticse Maguire(if true). The bloke was a coward out there.

Jesus christ you've got to be soft to not want to see this.

Classical Mechanic

Keane gets more respect from fellow players than pretty much anyone else and for this exact reaction. Demanding more from teammates.

Obviously he can criticise players and that obviously happens all the time in the dressing room but if his manager thought it was so over the top that he took him off (probably not true anyway) then it’s a problem, same as when he called out Lindelof on the pitch.

It’s for the best that players like Keane don’t exist anymore. Do you really want to see our players carrying out weird revenge attacks on opposition players or rendering their team mates unconscious because of a bad performance in 2020?

Andersons Dietician

Are we sure he just wasn’t subbed because he was playing badly?

he literally just abandoned midfield. Kept trying things that were never ever on.

Are we sure he just wasn’t subbed because he was playing badly?

he literally just abandoned midfield. Kept trying things that were never ever on.
mum not sure it really matters. At that point we were out of the game.

he could have not been 100% and rested - as what’s the point in him playing when we have zero chance of getting anything for the game. It could be that he was playing badly, and it’s simply the fact we couldn’t substitute the entire team.

Paul_Scholes18

He need to focus on his own game more. He has been crap this season.
I don't think it is healthy for players to go crazy on each other most of the time.
The manager can do it a bit better though, but give proper instructions is much more important.
Inspire the full team in the dressing room though I think can give great result and that may include being angry over a poor result.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He was class against Spurs but obviously was much less in the game after the red card. Anyone trying to pin the blame on any of the forwards for the defeat with that laughable defending (and refereeing) is an idiot.

Between the coaches, goalkeeper, defence and midfielders they need to work out what the feck we're trying to do on the pitch and then execute it.

RashyForPM

People criticising Bruno for having a go at Maguire and Lindelof are clueless softies. They were and have been shit. Let’s just keep these low standards eh? Go support Newcastle or something.

LJJT

Kick offs amongst the players should be encouraged. Do we all think the 94 team sat around not saying boo to a goose? Rip in touch each other, raise the standards, take responsibility. But don’t forget what Roy says about Loyalty. You’ve got to go in to a nightclub and go to war with your team mates.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Knowing our fans, in a few weeks, people will say he's trading off his inflated by pens goal stats.
He'll become the new Pogba scapegoat

Yagami

Good post resistant
Please don't compare him to Keane.

Keane was putting in at least 8/10s weekly.

Bruno, outside of good penalties, is about a 5, and that's generous. He should work on his performances outside of penalties before criticising teammates. If true.

He'sRaldo

Bruno, outside of good penalties, is about a 5, and that's generous. He should work on his performances outside of penalties before criticising teammates. If true.
Bit harsh but I do agree overall.

Hopefully the excess initial praise didn't get to his head. It's always best to keep focused in both praise and criticism, but not every player is able to do that.

dev1l

People criticising Bruno for having a go at Maguire and Lindelof are clueless softies. They were and have been shit. Let’s just keep these low standards eh? Go support Newcastle or something.
I dont know what s the issue. It happens all the time between players when things go wrong. It s normal to be angry in those circumstances.

dev1l

Re Bruno. I don't like comparison because players have different qualities. One thing is for sure, Bruno is a hard worker and at the same time very creative - something not very common

RashyForPM

I dont know what s the issue. It happens all the time between players when things go wrong. It s normal to be angry in those circumstances.
People making mountains out of a molehill again. Absolutely nothing wrong with Bruno’s actions.

Paul_Scholes18

Do you think just telling people they have been poor will stop making them poor? If it was only that easy.
Bruno needs to sort out his own game first of all. Talk and have a go with the attackers more if the chemistry is off.
Not sure what he can tell our central defenders beyond just having a go for being angry.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He'll leave if he feels the club is going nowhere and I think he'll draw the most interest from the major clubs.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I like him he has a lot of fight and quality but I agree with those saying he’s a bit like a headless chicken when things aren’t really going for us, running around like a madman and losing his dicipline. Still at the 10 position I think he can be a top player for us once we boot out the crap who can’t handle his passion.

RashyForPM

Do you think just telling people they have been poor will stop making them poor? If it was only that easy.
Bruno needs to sort out his own game first of all. Talk and have a go with the attackers more if the chemistry is off.
Not sure what he can tell our central defenders beyond just having a go for being angry.
He’s played better than the rest of them. When the rest play crap, like Maguire and Lindelof, they genuinely offer nothing. Bruno at least offers moments of quality, like the free kick and pass vs Brighton, or through ball vs Leicester. This gives him the right to have a go at them.

Also, to the bolded bit, no. But he’s not Ole. Ole’s the one who should give constructive criticism. Bruno, as clearly a team leader, can’t let poor players get away with it. He has to get at them. It’s better for the team. Would you prefer that or him just saying nothing? About Ole, clearly he ain’t doing anything either as Maguire and Lindelof start every week (bar Spurs). So without Bruno, they’d be getting off scot-free. Would you want that?

Paul_Scholes18

He’s played better than the rest of them. When the rest play crap, like Maguire and Lindelof, they genuinely offer nothing. Bruno at least offers moments of quality, like the free kick and pass vs Brighton, or through ball vs Leicester. This gives him the right to have a go at them.

Also, to the bolded bit, no. But he’s not Ole. Ole’s the one who should give constructive criticism. Bruno, as clearly a team leader, can’t let poor players get away with it. He has to get at them. It’s better for the team. Would you prefer that or him just saying nothing? About Ole, clearly he ain’t doing anything either as Maguire and Lindelof start every week (bar Spurs). So without Bruno, they’d be getting off scot-free. Would you want that?
To wake up players it can sometimes work during the game. Although not sure it was the focus that was the problem.
What matters is Ole sorting it out now though for next game. If players have poor focus and doing badly in training they need to be dropped.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Did anyone push for a turn around in the dressing room? Didn't feel like we did much in the second half. Just waiting for the game to end.
Under SAF we would have tried at least even if it could end badly like it did vs Man City in the 1-6.
I totally agree with you. I think the squad is full of spineless cowards in a football sense.

Cpt Negative

Fergie in his post match after city said our approach at 4-1 was reckless and we should have just taken our medicine

A-man

I’m sceptical that the Maguire incident was as reported. The sources are garbage. There are rows in the dressing room of course but that’s where it should stay. Calling out a player on the pitch will only risk a serious resentment from the player publicly made a fool of and could cause divisions in the camp.
You’ve got a point, for sure. I’m just saying that in the moment of heat, it could be hard to control oneself sometimes. It’s not good, but human and if it happens once in a while, it’s excusable. But if it s the same player again and again complaining and coming at the other players, then it’s a problem.

A-man

We don’t know what happened, but I don’t think him barking at and “belittling” team mates at half time is very constructive. A team that is down with 1-4 does not need that. It seems to me as people confuse screaming at a centre back with leadership but it’s not.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
If anybody followed Bruno when he was at Sporting then you will know he gives 100% every match and plays for the badge. He expects the same from the rest of the team.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Knowing how silly our club is latterly he'll probably be sold off in January.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
To be honest, the instances where he (reportedly) gave his peers a dressing down are instances where they thoroughly deserved one. Bruno has had off games, and even in those games he's contributed tangibly towards goal. But criminal idiocy deserves to be called out, whether it's Bruno or Rashford, or Matic. I don't give a feck, but no player can get away with tripe mistakes like this and think they won't get called out in the dressing room.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

I agree. Keane very rarely had a bad game and his teammates knew it. Easy to listen to someone like him even if he is criticising you.
If the midfield including Bruno wouldn’t be giving the ball away all the time the defence including Maguire wouldn’t be that much under pressure.
And Bruno wouldn’t like it either if every time he loses the ball a teammate would call him out.
Hope every player realises they have to perform better.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If true, that is captain material (although not going in for the tactics bit, probably needs context).

Ole might just sell him going by the decision making logic he's displayed as manager so far.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I like him he has a lot of fight and quality but I agree with those saying he’s a bit like a headless chicken when things aren’t really going for us, running around like a madman and losing his dicipline. Still at the 10 position I think he can be a top player for us once we boot out the crap who can’t handle his passion.
When the team is playing kamikaze football, you can stick Messi there and he won't look composed.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
What was Ole doing while all this was going on ?
Dont tell me he was looking at his monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.