Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

make him Captain . at least he cares , Maguire is not the captain we need
Yeah it is good that he cares. Just hope he brings that into the training ground too and inspire people around him to work harder.
Not sure he is a captain though. Not seeing a leader in him really.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Love the guy, heart on the sleeve, so let's get the personnel around him so he can thrive. I'm not bothered if we have two 'non creative' players behind him, as long as they work hard, close down the opposition, win the ball, and give it to Bruno so he can do his thing. He will always create, and score goals.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Richardson is the journo that frequently appeared on 'United in Press' on MUTV.

RUCK4444

I wonder if he has some people with him and others against him?
I don’t think he’s the type to worry about that at the time.

He seems an incredibly bad loser (in a good way.) all sports people are but some more so than others.

Let’s remember it was a feckin embarrassment of a performance, I can imagine he’s called the defence out and Maguire’s piped up and then he’s gone all in on him.

Robbie Boy

Seriously, I really wouldn't rule it out especially, going by the reports, he questioned Ole's tactics.

I think we'll see Bruno on the bench against Newcastle with Pogba playing higher upfield.
Bruno will be here long after Ole.

nainaisson

make him Captain . at least he cares , Maguire is not the captain we need
Better to have a smart, calm captain who can manipulate the referee, not shout obscenities at him and threaten his well-being. Not sure how calm-headed Maguire is, but I definitely know Bruno isn't ideal.

MattofManchester

He is a born winner. And that is currently nonexistent at this club at the moment.

Its one of the rare times since Sir Alex that we signed a player with this kind of DNA. Zlata was probably one.

Its what you don't see in Maguire. He looks like someone to crumble under pressure, which is something you don't want in a Manchester United captain.
A Manchester United chapter should have that winner's DNA, in line with this club's standards.
Not saying that is Bruno though, but he has the mentality of players we always looked at in the past.

However, this club has the ability to absolutely wear down both its players and managers respectively. I honestly pray it doesn't happen to him.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
He's our best player, period.

If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be top 4 and ole would've been sacked. MAKE HIM CAPTAIN. Maguire is an absolute clown - doesn't have the skill or leadership to be a captain.

kirk buttercup

Yeah it is good that he cares. Just hope he brings that into the training ground too and inspire people around him to work harder.
Not sure he is a captain though. Not seeing a leader in him really.
Better to have a smart, calm captain who can manipulate the referee, not shout obscenities at him and threaten his well-being. Not sure how calm-headed Maguire is, but I definitely know Bruno isn't ideal.
I see where you are both coming from . I'm tired of players giving half arsed performances and smiling and joking when they have been well beaten. I miss the days of Fergie and Keane where a draw felt like a loss and not good enough . I like passion , but I see your point he may not be the one . But we need someone that bleeds United and I'm not Sure that's Harry .

criticalanalysis

He's a player with excellent qualities but I don't like his hot potato approach with the ball and his high positioning but that comes down to coaching imo.

However, I would love if the reports are true if Bruno went full meltdown. Something has got to fecking give. We keep hearing bout 'Ole's nasty side' but on the pitch, it's just too meek. Meek tactics, meek aggression, meek approach to the game and meek accountability, which leads to a general all around apathy and lack of directon.

jem

Obviously he can criticise players and that obviously happens all the time in the dressing room but if his manager thought it was so over the top that he took him off (probably not true anyway) then it’s a problem, same as when he called out Lindelof on the pitch.

It’s for the best that players like Keane don’t exist anymore. Do you really want to see our players carrying out weird revenge attacks on opposition players or rendering their team mates unconscious because of a bad performance in 2020?
Put it this way - if I could pick any ex-United player (that I've watched) to put into this team, it'd be Keane.

RashyForPM

We don’t know what happened, but I don’t think him barking at and “belittling” team mates at half time is very constructive. A team that is down with 1-4 does not need that. It seems to me as people confuse screaming at a centre back with leadership but it’s not.
I wouldn’t say he’s belittling them. He’s just giving his opinion. Every team leader does the same after a bad loss. There’s no problem with that. Delph (!) had a go at Yaya and Pep Guardiola after they lost to us in 2018. It happens.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seems a bit bizarre for him to be having a go at the manager as well as the caption. He should probably first and foremost ensure he improves his retention of the ball. His entire game is relying a little too much now on putting away penalties won by others. I like Bruno but I do hope he realises he himself has to improve plenty and the whole Bruno effect of last season hasn't given him a sense of entitlement.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Bit harsh but I do agree overall.

Hopefully the excess initial praise didn't get to his head. It's always best to keep focused in both praise and criticism, but not every player is able to do that.
I agree. Keane very rarely had a bad game and his teammates knew it. Easy to listen to someone like him even if he is criticising you.
If the midfield including Bruno wouldn’t be giving the ball away all the time the defence including Maguire wouldn’t be that much under pressure.
And Bruno wouldn’t like it either if every time he loses the ball a teammate would call him out.
Hope every player realises they have to perform better.
Honestly, I don't think any of our players should be criticising someone else for underperforming. No one is consistent enough to warrant being on that high horse.

The last player we had who'd be within their right to criticise teammates/management is probably de Gea prior to the 2018 World Cup.

LoneStar

Seems a bit bizarre for him to be having a go at the manager as well as the caption. He should probably first and foremost ensure he improves his retention of the ball. His entire game is relying a little too much now on putting away penalties won by others. I like Bruno but I do hope he realises he himself has to improve plenty and the whole Bruno effect of last season hasn't given him a sense of entitlement.
Have a feeling this has something to do with tactics as well. Most players keep passing to him and expecting something to happen. He seems a risky passer, but not nearly as much in the national team. Would benefit enormously from set tactics.

I’m not for giving new players captaincy, but he’s the best of a poor bunch.

A-man

I wouldn’t say he’s belittling them. He’s just giving his opinion. Every team leader does the same after a bad loss. There’s no problem with that. Delph (!) had a go at Yaya and Pep Guardiola after they lost to us in 2018. It happens.
We don’t really know what was said and done, but I was referring to the tweet where he was said to have belittled Maguire.

Again, we don’t know how much is true but put in context I am willing to believe no smoke without fire.

bsCallout

He need to focus on his own game more. He has been crap this season.
I don't think it is healthy for players to go crazy on each other most of the time.
The manager can do it a bit better though, but give proper instructions is much more important.
Inspire the full team in the dressing room though I think can give great result and that may include being angry over a poor result.
The point is Bruno is still out most important player but more importantly he never stops trying. He demands the same from his teammates. Rightly so.

Fergie left Keane to take responsibility of the dressing room at times. Was Fergie not doing enough?

Us fans on here have moaned year after year that we have players that dont seem to care or put in the effort and now we have one and all of a sudden he's out of order.

It's ridiculous.

bsCallout

Do you think just telling people they have been poor will stop making them poor? If it was only that easy.
Bruno needs to sort out his own game first of all. Talk and have a go with the attackers more if the chemistry is off.
Not sure what he can tell our central defenders beyond just having a go for being angry.
He can tell them their not playing good enough. You know, the same thing fans were saying in here. Maguire shown no leadership, no aggression, no fight. He sulked.

They were useless, they literally lost the game. Bruno and co up top could no longer do anything.

At least Bruno demonstrated the effort and desire and CARE that we want from our players.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He got the Keano spirit :devil:
Really sick and tired of Maguire captaining the team doing nothing and leading us to nowhere
Let's give Bruno captain!

macheda14

He can tell them their not playing good enough. You know, the same thing fans were saying in here. Maguire shown no leadership, no aggression, no fight. He sulked.

They were useless, they literally lost the game. Bruno and co up top could no longer do anything.

At least Bruno demonstrated the effort and desire and CARE that we want from our players.
I mean Bruno and co up top could have taken the initiative and dropped back a bit deeper. Not only were we destroyed by defensive errors, but outnumbered in midfield and our full backs offered no protection.

bsCallout

Obviously he can criticise players and that obviously happens all the time in the dressing room but if his manager thought it was so over the top that he took him off (probably not true anyway) then it’s a problem, same as when he called out Lindelof on the pitch.

It’s for the best that players like Keane don’t exist anymore. Do you really want to see our players carrying out weird revenge attacks on opposition players or rendering their team mates unconscious because of a bad performance in 2020?
Keane would make this team winners. His fellow pros say he was the most important player at United.

Yes I'd love there to be more like Keane. Not these highly paid footballers that dont seem to care that they are living everyones dream week in week out for a club like United.

bsCallout

I mean Bruno and co up top could have taken the initiative and dropped back a bit deeper. Not only were we destroyed by defensive errors, but outnumbered in midfield and our full backs offered no protection.
Are you kidding????!

The defence were COMPLETELY at fault for the first 4. Minus the ridiculous Pen. Which came from poor defending to concede the corner.

The forward four worked hard from the off and then it was taken away from them.

The defence are further protected by 2 deep CMs and you still want them to drop further? They were gifted goals nothing to do with the front 4.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Why are people acting like our attack against Spurs was shit and Bruno himself did nothing? His pass to Martial caused the penalty. I know the guy carried us to 3rd place last season but he can only do so much. That defeat was all on the terrible defending. The back four didn't give us a chance to win that game.

arnie_ni

Why are people acting like our attack against Spurs was shit and Bruno himself did nothing? His pass to Martial caused the penalty. I know the guy carried us to 3rd place last season but he can only do so much. That defeat was all on the terrible defending. The back four didn't give us a chance to win that game.
He also had that class ball to rashford who missed but was just offside

Status
Not open for further replies.