Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
he was fine. almost everybody was poor before the disallowed goal including him, everybody improved after that including him. did a competent job as a 10, and the killer passes came from players behind/beside him, which happens sometimes.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
It’s interesting. There are lots of examples with players that ‘failed’ in EPL but are lighting up Serie A.

For Bruno (and other creative players) it seems to be the opposite. In Serie A defences figured out really quickly that if you don’t give him space he’s not able to do much. Italian coaches tend to be very tactical and he wasn’t very good in Serie A. In EPL it seems to be the opposite as teams often leave these type of players with acres of space. Just an observation that I noticed.

Raven

It’s interesting. There are lots of examples with players that ‘failed’ in EPL but are lighting up Serie A.

For Bruno (and other creative players) it seems to be the opposite. In Serie A defences figured out really quickly that if you don’t give him space he’s not able to do much. Italian coaches tend to be very tactical and he wasn’t very good in Serie A. In EPL it seems to be the opposite as teams often leave these type of players with acres of space. Just an observation that I noticed.
I'd have to disagree massively, the Italian league has been getting better lately but is still fairly shite and there is far less space in the premier league. He was worse in Italy because he was a worse player then, simple as that.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
I'd have to disagree massively, the Italian league has been getting better lately but is still fairly shite and there is far less space in the premier league. He was worse in Italy because he was a worse player then, simple as that.
Not at all - he’s actually the same player he was back then. You can see it in his performances for the Portuguese national team where he isn’t very effective.

He’s not the only example - Eriksen struggled in an advanced role in Serie A as he didn’t have enough time on the ball - he was constantly being disposed hence Conte had to go back to his old system as Eriksen wasn’t getting the time on the ball in an offensive role.

Raven

Not at all - he’s actually the same player he was back then. You can see it in his performances for the Portuguese national team where he isn’t very effective.

He’s not the only example - Eriksen struggled in an advanced role in Serie A as he didn’t have enough time on the ball - he was constantly being disposed hence Conte had to go back to his old system as Eriksen wasn’t getting the time on the ball in an offensive role.
Absolute drivel. So you reckon he's not developed whatsoever as a player since he was 21/22? If I recall, Conte doesn't like playing with players like Bruno or Eriksen, when he was at Chelsea it was always a 532 and from what I've seen of Inter that hasn't changed.

Anyway, back to my point, you're talking shit about the Italian league being more tactical and allowing less space, utter shit.

PaulScholes99

Sorry but that is just not true. Just look at Lukaku, he is a perfect example. He gets so much more space in Serie A and this is part of the reason why he is so good for you. He is an absolute beast with space to operate but his technique is imo not good enough to be a real top striker with less space than he has right now.

Bruno just needed time to develop to the player he is right now. He would also light up Serie A now and the league is just not as good as it once was at the moment. Just look at the results from the italian teams in cl/el, particularly this year italian teams have been embarrassing after last year at least you and Atalanta did fine.

Juve again gone out against an underdog. Inter last place in a group with Real, Gladbach and Shaktar Donetzk. Atalanta with no chance against Real. Napoli lost vs Granada. Ac Milan did well against us but lost and in round of 16 they only qualified on away goals against Red Star. Lazio got schooled by Bayern (that is of course not embarrassing) after going through the easiest group with 2 wins and 4 draws. Only Roma is doing fine. Compare this to the premier league teams...

E: There is a reason why older players are doing particularly well in Serie A and it is not because they are amazing with less space to operate but rather because the game is not as intense there. And my conclusion of a less intense game is certainly not that there will be less space.

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

Sorry but that is just not true. Just look at Lukaku, he is a perfect example. He gets so much more space in Serie A and this is part of the reason why he is so good for you. He is an absolute beast with space to operate but his technique is imo not good enough to be a real top striker with less space than he has right now.

Bruno just needed time to develop to the player he is right now. He would also light up Serie A now and the league is just not as good as it once was at the moment. Just look at the results from the italian teams in cl/el, particularly this year italian teams have been embarrassing after last year at least you and Atalanta did fine.

Juve again gone out against an underdog. Inter last place in a group with Real, Gladbach and Shaktar Donetzk. Atalanta with no chance against Real. Napoli lost vs Granada. Ac Milan did well against us but lost and in round of 16 they only qualified on away goals against Red Star. Lazio got schooled by Bayern (that is of course not embarrassing) after going through the easiest group with 2 wins and 4 draws. Only Roma is doing fine. Compare this to the premier league teams...

E: There is a reason why older players are doing particularly well in Serie A and it is not because they are amazing with less space to operate but rather because the game is not as intense there. And my conclusion of a less intense game is certainly not that there will be less space.
There's more space in the premier league than in Serie A cause most teams there park the bus. So playing between the lines can be difficult. In the prem the game is more end to end thus more stretched. Lukaku does well cause he's physically dominant in serie a in a way you can't be as a striker in the prem.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Absolute drivel. So you reckon he's not developed whatsoever as a player since he was 21/22? If I recall, Conte doesn't like playing with players like Bruno or Eriksen, when he was at Chelsea it was always a 532 and from what I've seen of Inter that hasn't changed.

Anyway, back to my point, you're talking shit about the Italian league being more tactical and allowing less space, utter shit.
He's right about the less space point. It's one of the big tactical differences between the two leagues. A lot of the teams in Serie A trend towards more conservative approaches, and it's clear that a lot of the teams in the league focus on nullifying the opponents.

This isn't a statement on the quality of both leagues, as the premier league is probably the best league in the world at the moment, but it's more open and end to end than it's Italian counterpart. There is less time on the ball but that does result in more space. Neither am I making a statement on Fernandes quality as I never watched him in Italy and he's been incredible for United, though I do think certain players suit certain leagues more than others, I'm not informed enough on his time on Italy to comment on that.

Thought Bruno played really well in the second half. Unlucky not to score with that great shot off his weak foot, lovely nutmeg on Regulion to set up Cavanis goal and linked up well for Fred’s goal.

People complaining are stupid. Take him out the team and we don’t win that game.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Decent performance, which is an improvement to be fair. Strange to see that for most a square pass and a nutmeg are all that matters.

Midfielders get half the pitch to themselves in Serie A, it's only when you get close to goal that they start to tighten things up. Bruno is a better player now than he was then but he also has better players around him. Defenders can't double up on him because you've then got Pogba or Rashford left in space. Yesterday he was marked out of the game for large periods but that allowed Pogba to dominate. That never happened in Udinese or Sampdoria.

He's also much more suited to the expansive game in England where the risk/reward of his misplaced passes is more in his favour.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He plays like much more of a midfielder when its Cavani up top, when it's Martial he's pretty much a second striker.

Lam

So good to have a player like him. Thrives under pressure and comes up with something when required.

Also, feels good when you know he can operate at a level or two higher even after 37 goal contributions in 48 games. Truly world class player.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

FujiVice

We need a proper striker up there. Whether its Kane or Halaand or whoever, we need someone world class leading the line. Imagine Bruno feeding someone like that every week? His output is incredible considering the lack of consistancy in the number 9 position.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
His numbers speak for himself. First he was only penalties, now he only do square passes and nuttmegs.I don't know why fans here look for reasons to discredit what he has done in the last 18 months here. It's kinda sad to see how some of you think he plays shit most of the time, makes you wonder the type of fan or critic you are.

RooneyLegend

You know why he gets criticized by some of us? Because he consistently puts an end to many of our attacks. Btw I'm talking attacks with great potential. He also plays as pretty much a second striker despite is not having any legit wingers.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Decent performance, which is an improvement to be fair. Strange to see that for most a square pass and a nutmeg are all that matters.
I don’t really get how you can forensically break down Pogbas performances on a game by game basis to prove to any doubters that he’s been effective and his play has been majorly beneficial to us and then say Bruno was decent for a change. Bruno has dragged us from 7th to 3rd and now 2nd all mostly while Pogba was injured. If anyone was bothered going back game by game the amount of times he’s won it for us or had decisive play has been crazy. He’s probably directly won us more games in 1 year than Pogba has in 5 and he brought a feel good factor back to the club again. Captain material 100%

Last edited:

0le

I don’t really get how you can forensically break down Pogbas performances on a game by game basis to prove to any doubters that he’s been effective and his play has been majorly beneficial to us and then say Bruno was decent for a change.
Agendas.

yamo123x

Bruno has been revelation for us, no doubt.

His stats are incredible, he works hard for the team and he is natural leader.

He can be very wasteful and frustrating at times, but you gotta love him.
I personally feel he needs a rest to get back to his very best and we will benefit next year if we sign another creative player like Sancho or Grealish to give us a extra dimension against stubborn hard to break down teams. At the moment we are too reliant on Bruno IMHO and thus at times too predictable

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
and if we are talking about sloppy general play or not influencing games as he could then Poga has certainly been guilty of plenty of that and over a much longer period. Bruno cost nearly half as much. Half as much wages. Who is his agent? I would rather our future transfer business to be more Bruno and less Pogba if you get me. I really don’t get these fans who’d almost rather make a martyr out of a specific player than just wanting our football and results to be the best they can be.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s basically the anti-Zidane, everything he does looks messy as hell, but his numbers are through the roof.
Players like him and Salah epitomise the modern game quite well, really. They’re both two of the best players in the league, but when you watch them play they constantly make errors you wouldn’t expect for their level, or, as you say look “messy” doing things — but their outrageous numbers cannot be denied.

There's always going to be the aesthetics crowd vs the efficiency crowd for players like this.

0le

and if we are talking about sloppy general play or not influencing games as he could then Poga has certainly been guilty of plenty of that and over a much longer period. Bruno cost nearly half as much. Half as much wages. Who is his agent? I would rather our future transfer business to be more Bruno and less Pogba if you get me.
I agree, they've both been fantastic this season by and large and for anyone to say otherwise is just odd to me. The only reason I want Pogba out is purely because of his agent. If Fergie was here he would have sold Pogba because of Raiola, regardless of how important Pogba is to the team.

bsCallout

I don't get what this obsession is with the fact he can be wasteful sometimes. He's producing ridiculous stats despite that.

What do people want? LVG football with no risk?

Even KDB messes up attacks in a well drilled, almost boring, Pep team. It's what he creates that matters.

DoomSlayer

I don't get what this obsession is with the fact he can be wasteful sometimes. He's producing ridiculous stats despite that.

Even KDB messes up attacks in a well drilled, almost boring, Pep team. It's what he creates that matters.
Yeah, didn't KDB lose the ball the most amount of times when we played them at the Etihad?

Strelok

He’s basically the anti-Zidane, everything he does looks messy as hell, but his numbers are through the roof.
He has some of the finest touches I've seen in the league. His flicks are simply top notch. Yeah some of his passes are messy but call it everything is just simply not true.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I don't think people have an issue with losing the ball trying a killer pass or a cross. It's more an issue he takes a bad touch sometimes, or he'll just kick it to the opposition randomly under little pressure, or try to force a pass when maybe 1 more pass might be the better option.

It's not unfair to criticise him as he hasn't been perfect by any stretch, but where would we be without him?

His energy and work rate is such that he always gets himself another chance, even if he messes it up 4/5 times.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Players like him and Salah epitomise the modern game quite well, really. They’re both two of the best players in the league, but when you watch them play they constantly make errors you wouldn’t expect for their level, or, as you say look “messy” doing things — but their outrageous numbers cannot be denied.

There's always going to be the aesthetics crowd vs the efficiency crowd for players like this.
Yeah, players like Bruno & Salah are essential for their team & relied on heavily, but I wouldn’t use them to showcase the game to a non-fan, thats for damn sure.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He has some of the finest touches I've seen in the league. His flicks are simply top notch. Yeah some of his passes are messy but call it everything is just simply not true.
He has very good one touch play yes, I agree. His passing is a bit wacky, he’ll give the ball away a lot then play a beauty of a ball. He’s just one of those players. He’s going to frustrate us but he’s always there to come up with something big.

I’m used to him now, when he plays a criminally bad pass I don’t even care anymore because I know he’ll pop up with something later. It’s just Bruno init. I’d rather that than everything look tidy technically but have next to no impact

Status
Not open for further replies.