6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimo

Sorry for Bruno but, finally will get some rest. Really hope next season Ole doesn't bow down to him playing every minute possible. Love his passion to play, lead and will to win but, performance I think have suffered and sure tiredness has had an effect.

lost7

I thought he was great when he came on, was pinging balls left and right and putting some excellent crosses.

Don't know what happened to his shooting, though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Sorry for Bruno but, finally will get some rest. Really hope next season Ole doesn't bow down to him playing every minute possible. Love his passion to play, lead and will to win but, performance I think have suffered and sure tiredness has had an effect.
Was it Ole bowing down to Rashford and Bruno or was it more realistically the other way around? He should have pulled the lads for about 5 extra games at least. The problem is our attack is hit and miss and we’d to come from behind so often… I don’t know… he still should have found a way to manage the squad better. It doesn’t bode particularly well for future signings that come in as “squad players”

dinostar77

Very glad Portugal are out early, so this lad can get a much needed rest.
Yep, overused by Ole last season. Clearly knackered. Also all our play goes through bruno whereas for Portugal understandably its all about ronaldo.

lsd

The Oracle
I am not. Thought he drove them forward more, tried to make things happen and put in a couple of really good balls. Portugal looked a much better team with him on

Felix and Silva did better when they came on. Bruno put in a couple of decent crosses and looked better than he had previously playe.

However that says little as he has had a shocking tournament and was nowhere near how he performs for United

jem

The rest should do him a world of good. He back like a man possessed during the whole project restart thing, so hopefully a restful summer will have a similar effect.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If only Portugal wasn't that coward with the amount of good player they have. Bruno started as AMC would pin down that poor Belgium.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Truly the bizarro Pogba. Bad for his country, excellent for us.

Have a rest Bruno lad.

Nickelodeon

When would he report back? Hope he gets a good 3-4 week rest but don't think that's feasible.

Bestietom

He needs a good rest before new season starts. I hope that we can rest him in between games this coming season or he will suffer burn out early in his carreer.

MUFC OK

Didn't get injured, didnt even start the last 2 games - exactly what I was hoping for :D

bsCallout

Even a tired out of form Bruno is highly effective.

Hope he actually rests up properly for a few weeks.

Siezard

What's the difference between 'dribbled past' and 'take-ons completed'?

Zoo

Bruno played more minutes since lockdown than any other Euro 2020 participant.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What's the difference between 'dribbled past' and 'take-ons completed'?
Take-ons completed means dribbles completed. It's attacking stat.

Dribbled past means lost tackle, it doesn't mean player went past the defender, it's means player attempting and losing tackle. For example, if a player doesn't attempt to tackle and attacker goes past him, it doesn't count as dribbled past.

Mainoldo

Taking a thread off topic
All those who had mouth for me about Jack Grealish come out and show yourself.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Grealish is a great player. I wouldn’t swap him for Bruno though. He wouldn’t be a better fit or stack up the numbers Bruno does for us and would surely have to take Rashfords position.

Andersons Dietician

Grealish is a great player. I wouldn’t swap him for Bruno though. He wouldn’t be a better fit or stack up the numbers Bruno does for us and would surely have to take Rashfords position.
Personally I think he would be a better fit and maybe make us a better performing team on a technical level but Bruno brings something more than just his stats. We all saw it when he arrived, he had high demands and standards. Led people, wasn’t afraid to ask questions of his team mates and maybe it was a coincidence but upon his arrival there seemed to be an entire mentality shift. Not sure if Grealish or a Havertz would have that kind of effect even if technically they might be better.

Something like that might be more valuable overall.

I do hope after his rest Ole tinkers with how he plays and makes him a bit more reserved and changes his role/ position a bit.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Personally I think he would be a better fit and maybe make us a better performing team on a technical level but Bruno brings something more than just his stats. We all saw it when he arrived, he had high demands and standards. Led people, wasn’t afraid to ask questions of his team mates and maybe it was a coincidence but upon his arrival there seemed to be an entire mentality shift. Not sure if Grealish or a Havertz would have that kind of effect even if technically they might be better.

Something like that might be more valuable overall.

I do hope after his rest Ole tinkers with how he plays and makes him a bit more reserved and changes his role/ position a bit.
Totally agree. Bruno is hit and miss performances wise but statistically on another planet but he’s also a good character.

lost7

If Bruno performed like De Bruyne did tonight, he would get abused left and right. I bet there's not gonna be anyone blaming De Bruyne tonight in the media, though.

But as soon as Portugal had a bad game, it was all because of Bruno.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
If Bruno performed like De Bruyne did tonight, he would get abused left and right. I bet there's not gonna be anyone blaming De Bruyne tonight in the media, though.

But as soon as Portugal had a bad game, it was all because of Bruno.
Has anyone in the media blamed Bruno?

Status
Not open for further replies.