6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Some of the criticism on twitter has been way over the top but his God level status on here is too. I’ve seen people calling him irreplaceable & saying they wouldn’t sell him for over 100m. If you subtract his pens he scored 9 league goals in 30-odd games last season. I think it’s something like 2 goals from open play in his last 15 games or something. I mean, considering how high up the pitch he is, is that even really that great? Especially considering his limitations in possession. You don’t see many number 10’s with passing as erratic as his, he doesn’t dribble particularly well either. He’s obviously a very useful player but he really isn’t the untouchable world class monster he’s made out to be on here.
Yes reasonable debate he is a very good player and I agree the criticism of him is over the top. But there’s a reason for that, people are just fed up of his God like status when he is anything but that when you watch him. We literally as you said play 4411 with him in the team and people don’t realise McFred play to aid him. I was convinced he was a number 8 with great stats but watching him closely I don’t think he could perform that role well in a title challenging team. He’s very erratics defensively.

Credit Ole finding this false 9.5 position for him.

The only reason I would sell is because I can’t see us winning the league with him playing this way.

Mainoldo

If we are willing to sell all the players in the team who are not as elite as Pogba on world stage, we will have no players left in the squad but Paul Pogba. There are many levels between Lingard/Perreira and Paul Pogba and I would say Bruno Fernandes, on that scale, is closer to Paul Pogba than to Lingard/Perreira. We have no reason to even contemplate selling Bruno Fernandes after the season he has had for the club. I couldn't care less how he performs for his country.
The only reason I say this is for better balance and a better footballing side. The guy can’t pass and can’t dribble. His goals can be replicated from other areas on the pitch. Go get Haaland and get a number 10 that can pass. We would be fine.

He'sRaldo

No it's not prohibited. Everyone has a free speech (unfortunately), so people can say stupid things. But again it was a stupid question to begin with which made no sense and the fact that there have been follow up messages calling him overrated, two levels below Grealish, not that talented, just a stat padder etc makes this whole thing stupid. But then again mocking our players is cool for some so I should know better
I don't think that many messages have been harsh, could count them on one hand really. Maybe it seems like there's a ton of criticism because negatives tend to stick out more than positives.

In any case Bruno is very well supported by us, don't worry about that.

IncyWincySpider

The only reason I say this is for better balance and a better footballing side. The guy can’t pass and can’t dribble. His goals can be replicated from other areas on the pitch. Go get Haaland and get a number 10 that can pass. We would be fine.
He's so bad you would need two players two replace him?

Stacks

I think it's different schools of thought tbh.

There are some fans who value technique over everything else, some who value stats, some who value work rate and passion, some who value overall tactical fit, etc. So in every thread you'll have different sets of fans disagreeing on their rating of certain players based on their unstated preferences.

In Bruno's case, while I believe production is very important and you always want a player who can rack up the numbers, if it's coming at the expense of our midfield play I'm not sure it's worth it. Now that doesn't mean Bruno's a bad player, to me it means we need to find a balance for him (or for the rest of our midfield) that doesn't require him having to do those things that we currently need him to do in addition to scoring, assisting, and generally being an offensive menace.
Can't disagree with this

AshRK

I don't think that many messages have been harsh, could count them on one hand really. Maybe it seems like there's a ton of criticism because negatives tend to stick out more than positives.

In any case Bruno is very well supported by us, don't worry about that.
Didn't realise you have more than 5 fingers to count. Lucky man.

Luckily the trolls here don't run the club but just stick to asking stupid hypothetical questions so hey as a sane fan I don't need to worry about that.

DoomSlayer

Sounds odd but it is true. If you check posting history of these poster doling out over the top criticism to best of our players, you will almost always find them unreasonably worshipping one player in that player's performance thread and shitting on every other player.
It basically goes like "my player has won X amount of trophies, yours has 0". The comparisons are as if the players themselves are rivals and opposition to each other. :houllier:

jesperjaap

Sell him....ridiculous. Remember the effect he has had on this side since joining and he produces moments of amazing quality and his stats stand up very well...not that I am into stats.

But................though I really like him, I am actually glad to see him getting some criticism, he has been pretty poor the last 6months, sloppy and giving the ball away far far too often irrespective of whether he is trying killer balls or not. Part of this for me, he is playing too much football, is hardly ever rested and he runs and runs.

For me I found the Cantona comparisons laughable despite similar stats. He is a very good player and a difference maker with a gret attitude and wor rate....but sorry, no he isnt world class.

People laughed at the mere suggestion Grealish would get in our first eleven ahead of Rashford and Fernandes last summer when we were linked....no doubt he would currently

Stacks

Some of the criticism on twitter has been way over the top but his God level status on here is too. I’ve seen people calling him irreplaceable & saying they wouldn’t sell him for over 100m. If you subtract his pens he scored 9 league goals in 30-odd games last season. I think it’s something like 2 goals from open play in his last 15 games or something. I mean, considering how high up the pitch he is, is that even really that great? Especially considering his limitations in possession. You don’t see many number 10’s with passing as erratic as his, he doesn’t dribble particularly well either. He’s obviously a very useful player but he really isn’t the untouchable world class monster he’s made out to be on here.
Lampard was pretty much the same in his best seasons

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Lampard was pretty much the same in his best seasons
Yeah I think he’s very similar to Lampard. My impression is he’s been talked up to a level beyond that - heroic, talismanic - and that’s what is causing some people to pour cold water on things. Lampard had loads of praise and loads of critics. Right now people are very sensitive to the criticism about Bruno but I think things will normalise a bit next year.

Lampard had weaknesses that limited some of Chelsea’s fluidity, needed a certain setup to excel, struggled at international level because he could never justify that rearrangement, and divided opinions a little depending on how much you value “easy” and “lucky goals” and how much you value “performances”.

But I think everyone can agree it would have been nuts for Chelsea to sell Lampard. Played almost every game, reliable output, played a lot of key passes even if he was erratic, hard worker, strong mentality and a key feature in the dressing room.

Bondi77

He started brilliantly for us but his form tapered off at the end of the season and maybe being dropped has given some thought that he needs to tighten up some aspects of his game.
He seems like a smart bloke and I am sure he will come good next season again

OrcaFat

He started brilliantly for us but his form tapered off at the end of the season and maybe being dropped has given some thought that he needs to tighten up some aspects of his game.
He seems like a smart bloke and I am sure he will come good next season again
Fair.

Main thing is he needs a rest, physically and mentally. A couple of signings to lift the quality of the team would cheer him up a bit as well.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How many goals did KdB score?

How many assists for Bruno btw?

Stacks

Yeah I think he’s very similar to Lampard. My impression is he’s been talked up to a level beyond that - heroic, talismanic - and that’s what is causing some people to pour cold water on things. Lampard had loads of praise and loads of critics. Right now people are very sensitive to the criticism about Bruno but I think things will normalise a bit next year.

Lampard had weaknesses that limited some of Chelsea’s fluidity, needed a certain setup to excel, struggled at international level because he could never justify that rearrangement, and divided opinions a little depending on how much you value “easy” and “lucky goals” and how much you value “performances”.

But I think everyone can agree it would have been nuts for Chelsea to sell Lampard. Played almost every game, reliable output, played a lot of key passes even if he was erratic, hard worker, strong mentality and a key feature in the dressing room.
another fair assessment Bruno. Its mainly the lazy pundits who have turned Bruno into a god like figure I guess because they don't study the games carefully and just see his output so indeed they have set him up for a bit of a fall imo.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Even when is playing shit he always has a goal in him. Madness to not put him on for the second half.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He must be truly shattered

Hope they get knocked out and he can get some tidy rest.

AshRK

Said it after the Portugal france game, they are crap even without bruno. Bruno became the fall guy after the Germany game when the whole side were crap. Not saying Bruno would definitely have produced a magic moment but he does more with the ball than b..silva who just passes backwards.

tjb

Itsclear some people don't just like him. I haven't seen either Jota or Silva have a good moment in this tournament. Bruno was good against Hungry ( Jota was ridiculously bad), ye he has an anonymous gaeme against Germany and he's the reason why Portugal are poor? The people started lying that dropping him against France made Portugal better. Thats like England saying dropping Mount, when Kalvin Philips is replaced by Bellingham shows that Mount is England's problem. It's ridiculous.

lsd

The Oracle
He's been run into the ground. Played far too many games this year and not had any periods of rest.

Been bad for Portugal but honestly has been quite poor for us for months. Even his technique has gone, makes too many basic mistakes.

He needs rest. And he needs Ole to arrange a squad that doesn't require him to start every single game.

He has been so poor I want to sell him :lol:

Shockingly poor tournament for him up to now

edcunited1878

Said it after the Portugal france game, they are crap even without bruno. Bruno became the fall guy after the Germany game when the whole side were crap. Not saying Bruno would definitely have produced a magic moment but he does more with the ball than b..silva who just passes backwards.
The fall guy is Carvalho, it's clear as day. He made Santos nullify their central midfield by drafting in Moutinho with Sanches.

Unless Carvalho is injured, he hasn't seen much of the pitch since Germany...while Bruno has played, but sometimes out of position.

But the pundits don't see it that way, just knocking down a recognized player because they are too lazy in their job

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His best performance these euros tbf. Way too negative set up from Santos before though.

Status
Not open for further replies.