Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeuw

Supports
Sporting CP
What a discussion here. De Bruyne is the best of them all, I go even further he is the best player in the world of the moment, Bruno is gold but the poor boy played a lot of minutes, On portuguese TV I heard that he was in the top 5 of players who played most minutes in the last 2 seasons. Jack has 2275 minutes, Bruno has 4.584, Kevin has 3043 minutes this season according to transfermarkt; So yes he's tired and that reflects on his games. Bruno hobby outside the pitch is his family and problably watching football games, De Bruyne probably too, Jack probably drinking beers and so. People who want to replace Bruno for Jack don't understand anything about the game.

He'sRaldo

They've been minimised on the caf to essentially an afterthought. Production is irrelevant because we can win games another way
I think it's different schools of thought tbh.

There are some fans who value technique over everything else, some who value stats, some who value work rate and passion, some who value overall tactical fit, etc. So in every thread you'll have different sets of fans disagreeing on their rating of certain players based on their unstated preferences.

In Bruno's case, while I believe production is very important and you always want a player who can rack up the numbers, if it's coming at the expense of our midfield play I'm not sure it's worth it. Now that doesn't mean Bruno's a bad player, to me it means we need to find a balance for him (or for the rest of our midfield) that doesn't require him having to do those things that we currently need him to do in addition to scoring, assisting, and generally being an offensive menace.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
:lol: Which were those? Sven was tactically an imbecile, for England at least. Capello did a woeful job. They were never well managed, always a collection of individuals doing their own thing in a broken team that had no identity or cohesion. Much like us for much of this past decade.
They failed with England, but those two were among the best managers at that time. While other countries were managed by lesser managers.

Deery

Dreary
What a discussion here. De Bruyne is the best of them all, I go even further he is the best player in the world of the moment, Bruno is gold but the poor boy played a lot of minutes, On portuguese TV I heard that he was in the top 5 of players who played most minutes in the last 2 seasons. Jack has 2275 minutes, Bruno has 4.584, Kevin has 3043 minutes this season according to transfermarkt; So yes he's tired and that reflects on his games. Bruno hobby outside the pitch is his family and problably watching football games, De Bruyne probably too, Jack probably drinking beers and so. People who want to replace Bruno for Jack don't understand anything about the game.
Were I do find this funny I think it’s pretty harsh on Jack he’s been the captain of Aston Villa for a while now at a young age, also lost a baby brother and has a sister with cerebral palsy. I think he would also value the worth of family.

AshRK

Man some of our fan base are honestly a disgrace. Yeah sell bruno. As I said you will never see other club's fan base act like this. Do you think chelsea fans will want to sell kante or arsenal fans will want to sell saka or city fans with kdb.

And fun fact I see the same culprits that I see in the Ole thread or Maguire thread. One of them for sure is a troll.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Man some of our fan base are honestly a disgrace. Yeah sell bruno. As I said you will never see other club's fan base act like this. Do you think chelsea fans will want to sell kante or arsenal fans will want to sell saka or city fans with kdb.
Chelsea fans don't even want to sell Werner

RedDevil@84

If some of you all children came home from school and said “look daddy I got an A in maths”, you’d reply “it’s not an A*, I want a new child”…
Asian kids will be like "I don't get the joke"

Mainoldo

Great rebuttal. Something tells me you understood exactly what I was trying to say but I added a few more words for you in there to make it legible enough.
Light banter… I just think he’s overrated and is not elite to the level of a Paul Pogba which is very visible when in the world stage. But yet we for swim reason want to die on this moutain because he’s better than Lingard and Perriera. Yeah

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's true. He didn't really shine under different managers. So there's a concern that maybe both parties are at fault.
I don't read much into it. England were really terrible as a 'team' in that era despite some all time great individuals. It's just a reminder like many other examples that it's a team sport. It's how Xavi went from a goodish player who was part of a Barcelona team that retained the ball doing feck all and hit on the break badly under Rijkaard in a poor season the best CM in Europe under Pep.

RedDevil@84

Id sell him. We can still keep Pogba, obtain Sancho and if needs be use his money to fund Grealish who is two levels above him.
Selling Bruno while keeping Pogba (which means giving him silly money contract extension) will be the dumbest s**t anyone can do.

AshRK

Selling Bruno while keeping Pogba (which means giving him silly money contract extension) will be the dumbest s**t anyone can do.
But why choose between the two. Why not try to keep both. If pogba wants to leave then yes we can sell him for a good money. But yes I agree selling bruno would be a dumb thing to do.

AshRK

28 goals and 17 assists, I wish we can have more overrated players like him.

Vaibhav Raj

Light banter… I just think he’s overrated and is not elite to the level of a Paul Pogba which is very visible when in the world stage. But yet we for swim reason want to die on this moutain because he’s better than Lingard and Perriera. Yeah
If we are willing to sell all the players in the team who are not as elite as Pogba on world stage, we will have no players left in the squad but Paul Pogba. There are many levels between Lingard/Perreira and Paul Pogba and I would say Bruno Fernandes, on that scale, is closer to Paul Pogba than to Lingard/Perreira. We have no reason to even contemplate selling Bruno Fernandes after the season he has had for the club. I couldn't care less how he performs for his country.

tomaldinho1

He’s one of the few players who isn’t an issue. I think he needs to be reigned it a bit/have a more defined role positionally and also rested when needed but this thread is a bit weird.

If he continues the poor form into next season and it doesn’t recover, then I’d see why this thread became more active but, as it stands, he’s basically our sole way of scoring goals.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is it a perfect time to sell him now then as his stock is still high. Just seen as he’s burnt out according to the PR team.
Some of the criticism on twitter has been way over the top but his God level status on here is too. I’ve seen people calling him irreplaceable & saying they wouldn’t sell him for over 100m. If you subtract his pens he scored 9 league goals in 30-odd games last season. I think it’s something like 2 goals from open play in his last 15 games or something. I mean, considering how high up the pitch he is, is that even really that great? Especially considering his limitations in possession. You don’t see many number 10’s with passing as erratic as his, he doesn’t dribble particularly well either. He’s obviously a very useful player but he really isn’t the untouchable world class monster he’s made out to be on here.

DoomSlayer

I see some "fans" have moved on from targeting Rashford and are continuously on Bruno's neck now, ready to drop their definitive verdict on him like a guillotine.

I'm sure in the near future Mason Greenwood would become a similar target for the same set of "fans". Manchester United, more like Manchester Divided, especially with the new generation phenomenon of "player X FC" and basically supporting players over football clubs.

DoomSlayer

And I guess Ole must be a genius, he seems to get us to 2nd place with only the world class Paul Pogba (injured most of the time in recent seasons) and the rest 10-15-20 players being absolute deadwood that should be sold ASAP. :cool:

RedDevil@84

But why choose between the two. Why not try to keep both. If pogba wants to leave then yes we can sell him for a good money. But yes I agree selling bruno would be a dumb thing to do.
I personally don't want Pogba to go, for footballing reasons.
But he is on big money already and that contract extension will probably send him on De Gea money. As such, I don't think the Pogba version we have, for whatever reasons, deserves that kind of money.
But this thread is about Bruno. And there is no way Bruno should be sold.

Neymar

Not a peasant
Supports
Neymar & Messi
Never world class; doesn't have the skill set to be a wc midfielder. But he's our best player and anyone wanting to sell him is trolling 100%

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I personally don't want Pogba to go, for footballing reasons.
But he is on big money already and that contract extension will probably send him on De Gea money. As such, I don't think the Pogba version we have, for whatever reasons, deserves that kind of money.
But this thread is about Bruno. And there is no way Bruno should be sold.
It takes incredible hatred and stupidity to want Bruno sold

He'sRaldo

It takes incredible hatred and stupidity to want Bruno sold
The whole selling thing was a hypothetical someone proposed a page back. "Would you sell for 100m?".

Doubt anyone actually wants to get rid of him asap, so the discussion shouldn't be construed that way.

AshRK

The whole selling thing was a hypothetical someone proposed a page back. "Would you sell for 100m?".

Doubt anyone actually wants to get rid of him asap, so the discussion shouldn't be construed that way.
But why even talk of hypothetically selling your best player. That's a stupid thing to ask. It's like hypothetically asking " Would you have Jones as your main CB". One shouldn't ask such stupid hypothetical questions.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
But why even talk of hypothetically selling your best player. That's a stupid thing to ask. It's like hypothetically asking " Would you have Jones as your main CB". One shouldn't ask such stupid hypothetical questions.
You can always ignore them...

He'sRaldo

Nah nothing unreasonable about discussing a hypothetical, we do that for our other good players all the time. Bruno discussion isn't prohibited is it?

AshRK

Nah nothing unreasonable about discussing a hypothetical, we do that for our other good players all the time. Bruno discussion isn't prohibited is it?
No it's not prohibited. Everyone has a free speech (unfortunately), so people can say stupid things. But again it was a stupid question to begin with which made no sense and the fact that there have been follow up messages calling him overrated, two levels below Grealish, not that talented, just a stat padder etc makes this whole thing stupid. But then again mocking our players is cool for some so I should know better

Vaibhav Raj

I see some "fans" have moved on from targeting Rashford and are continuously on Bruno's neck now, ready to drop their definitive verdict on him like a guillotine.

I'm sure in the near future Mason Greenwood would become a similar target for the same set of "fans". Manchester United, more like Manchester Divided, especially with the new generation phenomenon of "player X FC" and basically supporting players over football clubs.
Sounds odd but it is true. If you check posting history of these poster doling out over the top criticism to best of our players, you will almost always find them unreasonably worshipping one player in that player's performance thread and shitting on every other player.

RedDevil@84

All the posters talking about selling on that page and the previous one, were discussing based on this hypothetical:

Like I said, I doubt anyone just wants to get rid asap, which seems to be what people are now interpreting.
Isn't it all the same? 1 or 2 posters say they will get rid asap (hypothetically) and other posters saying it is an insane opinion and the posters who want to get rid do not seem to have the best interest of the team or are biased.

Everything is still hypothetical.

He'sRaldo

Isn't it all the same? 1 or 2 posters say they will get rid asap (hypothetically) and other posters saying it is an insane opinion and the posters who want to get rid do not seem to have the best interest of the team or are biased.

Everything is still hypothetical.
Ah I see what you mean. To be fair, it's clear a lot of the posts on this page didn't realize it was just a hypothetical discussion based on one post.

For instance, I'm sure most Chelsea fans would sell Werner for 100M in an instant, ditto for Liverpool fans and Thiago. And I'm also sure no one would want to sell him for 100M only to go back to relying on Pereira and Lingard. Yet the discussion didn't catch that.

Status
Not open for further replies.