6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJJT

Feels like his performances dictate the whole teams. Not his fault but when he’s not on form the whole team goes to shite

HJ12

He didn't do those flashy Hollywood stuffs cause he didn't have the ability to do them. That's the primary reason why players 'keep things simple'.

What's your question? Whether I watched him play? Yes, I did. No more than a limited combative midfielder. Pretty much up there with the best ones around at the time. Anything else is make believe stuff from the caf.
:eek: You really should go back and watch some of our games from the 90's.

b20times

He didn't get in the box very much, usually when he does he wins a penalty.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
The fact that he stayed on the pitch despite us making 5 subs should be enough to fire Ole. We were worse post substitution

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The fact that he stayed on the pitch despite us making 5 subs should be enough to fire Ole. We were worse post substitution
His best 10 minutes came between 50-60mins when him Mata/VdB actually started playing not-crap together... so no surprise we were worse post subs.

In general though, that was one of the worst passing displays i've seen from him.

Stadjer

Benching him?

I’m suggesting he gets dropped and adjusts his football/playstyle. If he can’t, then yeah, it should be curtains.
It is his style of play so benching wouldnt help. He takes a lot of risks in his passing. If it works he can assist like he did against Leipzig, if it doesnt work out he keeps losing the ball like he did today.

Yagami

Good post resistant
And certain people were trying to get onto me for saying Low IQ player.Another disasterclass today but we arent ready for that conversation
I got a bit of stick, too. I said before we signed him that he wasn't the type of midfielder we should be going for because his general play is average. Usually worse than average, honestly.

Now that the new player shine is fading away, people are realising he's not that good. Comparing him to Cantona, Keane and Scholes - who were all consistently great in their prime without needing pens to mask over their poor general play - will hopefully stop now.

predator

Youth NITK
Not worried about Bruno because its clear as day the talent and mentality is there and that the team as a whole is wholly underperformed right now.

TsuWave

It is his style of play so benching wouldnt help. He takes a lot of risks in his passing. If it works he can assist like he did against Leipzig, if it doesnt work out he keeps losing the ball like he did today.
Hence "adjusts his football/playstyle".

Ain't no team carrying a guy that just gives possession away 40 times because "it's his style of play and it might result in an assist". That's madness

UtdAgain08

This guy has been poor for a long time now, from last season. I do understand the positives with him but I would prefer to bench him and give DVB a chance.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Losing the ball because he's taking risks at the right time is fine. He's always going to lose the ball more than just about anyone else because of that and nobody will really complain.

It's the fact that he constantly gives away even simple balls or tries to do the difficult thing when the simple thing would be just as effective that is the issue. There was a period in the first half in particular where it was literally Bruno's fault that we couldn't build anything. Every time we got on the ball he just gave it straight back.

Untd55

Yeah, that was bad. Honestly, his form has been dropping for a while. Every so often he will create something, but his general play hasn't been great.

The Viper

I've lost the count of how many times this guy losses the ball at a crucial juncture. I mean, I'm all up for creativity and I do realise that you have to take risks in order to create against teams who are defending deep. But some those miss passes are brainless and it just disrupts the rythm of the game. He's a wicked player alright but if he's having a go at his team mates at half time for playing shit, I think it's time for him to wake up and smell the coffee. He's not been anywhere near his best this season.

AP88

Supports
Man City
He was better than Scholes, he was nowhere near as technically gifted as Scholes.
Keane was technically superior to Scholes, without question.

He was a much better progressive passer; he was constantly breaking the lines way ahead of his time - to do it in 90’s 4-4-2 football was almost unique. Scholes’ passing was generally sideways or long diagonals to the wing - Rooney called Keane the best passer he played with, and it’s obvious why. He also carried the ball better than Scholes.

UncleBob

Keane was technically superior to Scholes, without question.

He was a much better progressive passer; he was constantly breaking the lines way ahead of his time - to do it in 90’s 4-4-2 football was almost unique. Scholes’ passing was generally sideways or long diagonals to the wing - Rooney called Keane the best passer he played with, and it’s obvious why. He also carried the ball better than Scholes.
:lol:

Woodenlung

Bruno Fernandes is our best player and I'm bemused by the growing backlash surrounding him. United don't have a system other than giving him the ball and praying he does something creative with it. It works well when he's in form, but if he's off kilter we look impotent. We've spent enough money that we shouldn't be utterly dependent on one player. But yet we are.

He isn't playing well and that needs to be addressed. But even out of form he's still creating more chances than anyone else in the squad.

UncleBob

Bizarre to see how unintelligent he is when it comes to reading the game and understanding what's needed.

There's a time and place for being fancy...When none of the flicks are coming off and every attack breaks down because you give the ball away, that's when you calm things down and play it simple until you find your feet again...

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He went mad on the passing out there and it looks like he has lost faith in Ole. I still think there is a player there though.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Can't wait for him to be moved on.

Haven't liked him since he arrived, fake player who covers up his deficiencies by scoring and assisting.

Shark

@NotShark
He's lost all faith in Ole and some of his team mates by the look of it. Just looks completely dejected.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Definitely wouldn't, but I think we play too carefree in general and it just gives credence to him being wasteful.
Yeah, there's a general lack of structure in our attacking play but I'm reluctant to emphasise that, as the players themselves don't deserve any slack. They were individually atrocious today, regardless of whatever the feck Ole was trying to achieve.

Classical Mechanic

Hence "adjusts his football/playstyle".

Ain't no team carrying a guy that just gives possession away 40 times because "it's his style of play and it might result in an assist". That's madness
It’s not madness at all. KDB registered the most possession loses in Europe’s top 5 leagues in 2018. Eriksen was number 2. TAA lost possession on average 30 times a game last season. 40 possession losses is at the higher end but Bruno registers 2nd for key pass per game in the PL this season (behind KDB) and joint 2nd on through balls in the PL this season (behind Salah).

Bruno has a very low bottom level though. There was a video of one of his last performances for Sporting before he signed and it was seriously bad. This performance doesn’t surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.