6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

eire-red

How many times did he open the game up entirely with a single touch? A class act, he really has elevated us to the next level.

A lot of hype about Phillips this season, but Bruno showcased how to completely take a player out of a half of football without a direct 1 on 1 battle. He just plays the game in his head, a really clever player.

jem

Easily our best post fergie signing. After what we've seen served up over the last 8 years or so I find it astonishing that so many seem to try and find fault with him.

Absolute talisman.
I think he’s creeping up into best post-Rooney signing. He’s not at Evra/Vidic/De Gea yet, but he’s on his way (obviously RVP was insane that one year, but tailed off after.)

criticalanalysis

I don't really comment in this thread because he has pretty much met my expectations and standards more times than not. The only criticism was the frequency of forced passes but lately he's been very efficient.

Pretty much the highest praise I can give a Utd player :devil:

Chief123

I’ll be honest, I’m not really one for knee jerk reactions but if he asked me to leave my wife and marry him, I’d probably say yes.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
United’s answer to Platini and Zico. He’s not as good as them of course but reminds me of their intelligence in and around the box and his sheer numbers are phenomenal.

NYAS

You guys realise he has 40 goals and assists in the equivalent of under 37 games? As a new signing? At the highest level of football? Over a whole calendar year?

The guy is just mad.

TrustInOle

Unplayable at times, his vision and awareness of what is going on around him is just sublime.

13 goals and 6 assists in 20 games to add to that. Just wow.

Alemar

You guys realise he has 40 goals and assists in the equivalent of under 37 games? As a new signing? At the highest level of football? Over a whole calendar year?

The guy is just mad.
He has got many “second assists” as well...

hungrywing

Apparently, since he joined, we're averaging 2.45 ppg vs non-top six sides.

I think someone posted the other day that Ole's managing 1.30 ppg vs the top six.

Works out to 81-83 points a season.

NYAS

He has got many “second assists” as well...
Also has an extra assist that wasn’t counted for Rashford at Palace last season because the ball touched Van Aanholt’s leg while Rashford was controlling it. So it’s really 41 goal involvements and not 40.

Obiorahking_

Crazy how he'd walk into any team in the world right now. I can't remember the last outfield player we've had like that since prime Rooney.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Every time I watch him play for United I can’t believe that only a year ago he was at Sporting.

Best player to play in the Portuguese league in the last 20 years and it’s not even close anymore imo.

hungrywing

Waited for long enough I suppose.

No one's pointed out how much he's going to help us in the transfer market.

Heck, if Woodlouse wasn't the living embodiment of a facepalm and had signed Bruno in the summer, Ole might have had the footballing leverage to land Haaland in the winter.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Waited for long enough I suppose.

No one's pointed out how much he's going to help us in the transfer market.

Heck, if Woodlouse wasn't the living embodiment of a facepalm and had signed Bruno in the summer, Ole might have had the footballing leverage to land Haaland in the winter.
I posted it last month I think, Bruno + Haaland will get us back to the top. It's a no brainer - two game winners and they're very productive. If I was Ed I would spend big money on Haaland. For the rest (including RW) we can settle for the 5th-7th best in the world or just give youngsters a chance.

hungrywing

I posted it last month I think, Bruno + Haaland will get us back to the top. It's a no brainer - two game winners and they're very productive. If I was Ed I would spend big money on Haaland. For the rest (including RW) we can settle for the 5th-7th best in the world or just give youngsters a chance.
The Haaland thing was just an example. I mean Bruno is REAAAALLY going to help us attract other players in general.

Also, if his 70k/w wage is real, and he refuses a pay increase (which I think he might) - he's positioned to single-handedly neutralize and/or even undo all the feckwittery that Woodward/Judge have let run rampant through the organization via signings like Pogba and Sanchez.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The Haaland thing was just an example. I mean Bruno is REAAAALLY going to help us attract other players in general.

Also, if his 70k/w wage is real, and he refuses a pay increase (which I think he might) - he's positioned to single-handedly neutralize and/or even undo all the feckwittery that Woodward/Judge have let run rampant through the organization via signings like Pogba and Sanchez.
Christ. Will somebody think of this poor man? he has a family to feed for god sake. 70k is lower than Lingard's, it's a crime if true.

And yeah I agree, he would definitely help the club attract more players. I mean we would have not finished top 4 last year without him. His mentality is top class, his productivity is top class and we bought him for peanuts. Best business since RvP I would say.

city-puma

16 goals, 12 assists in 27 Premier League games.

He's ludicrously productive...and the best part is, on top of that, he works like an absolute demon and has a warrior mentality.
Those statistics don’t even show the whole picture. So many fast transitions are bridged and connected by his back heel, side foot, layoff, lob, forward pass, off ball movements, whatever means really! Just simply intelligent with the whole situation in his quick mind. Unbelievable!

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Every time I watch him play for United I can’t believe that only a year ago he was at Sporting.

Best player to play in the Portuguese league in the last 20 years and it’s not even close anymore imo.
Deco and Ricardo Carvalho under Mourinho were the 2 best players in the last 20 years. After them individually Bruno yes but on a much worse team than those from Porto. Would say Falcao, Hulk, Di Maria and Matic also deserve a mention, but honestly they had much better players around them. Not even close.

SATA

Not even Nani who returned to play for you? Such high praise indeed

SportingCP96

Supports
Deco and Ricardo Carvalho under Mourinho were the 2 best players in the last 20 years. After them individually Bruno yes but on a much worse team than those from Porto. Would say Falcao, Hulk, Di Maria and Matic also deserve a mention, but honestly they had much better players around them. Not even close.
Ya the problem is all those players had "super" teams for our leagues standards around them. Bruno literally was a one man team at Sporting, he was the scorer and the creator all in one, Individually speaking I think its hard to find someone better in our league in the last 2 decades.

Championships wise you could expect anything from those garbage Sporting teams.

SportingCP96

Supports
Not even Nani who returned to play for you? Such high praise indeed
Nani first return he was good and he was a step above everyone in the league but it was nothing like what Bruno did.

His second return he was important for us but he was older and did not have the same impact.

I can't stress enough, Bruno was a legit one man team. The players around him were absolute garbage. Individually he was an animal.

In the semi finals of the Taca de Portugal vs Benfica he scored 2 wonder goals which eliminated that Benfica team. We would of not won the trophy without him.

I still get chills watching the second one!

Crazy how he'd walk into any team in the world right now. I can't remember the last outfield player we've had like that since prime Rooney.
RVP. For two years (one at Arsenal. And one at United), he was the best striker in the world (if you exclude Messi and Ronaldo). But doesn’t make your point less valid.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

The guy is just mad.
Out of interest how many have been penalties?

Status
Not open for further replies.