Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He always forces it. I love that in attacking players. It might not always work but it’s normally the only way things do work.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Misplaced a lot of passes but I can forgive it when he’s so positive. Always looking to play forward & takes risks. The sideways passing from Fred & McTominay was giving us nothing.

kundalini

Another impressive performance from Bruno.

I'm genuinely surprised by how good he has been.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Struggled opening up tight spaces but not his fault that the rest of the front three were utter piss and he had no room to work.

Did much better once Greenwood came on and opened up that right flank.

Davie Moyes

Others may not like his pot shots, but I love it. You just know he's going to trouble the keeper most of the time, or he's got it in him to smash the net from almost anywhere. Our strikers certainly can't complain when he shoots because he's usually set them up a few times in games and they have not taken the chances.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He is the best player on this United team and he is showing it time and time again.

Shark

@NotShark
Surprised by the lack of praise in this thread, the guy is far and away our best player at the moment, everything runs through him and he's always a goal threat. More of players like him and less of players like James and we'd be golden, he can't always do it on his own especially against a Jose double decker bus.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm not sure who is better out of him and Pogba. But I'm convinced they're right up there with De Bruyne as the top 3 midfielders in the league.

UtdAgain08

It was a tight game but he showed moments of quality which is important.

what did Kane do that many would happily buy for 150m? :lol:
I'm no fan of Kane so people who would pay that kind of money for him need their heads checked. I love Bruno just thought he was poor today with a decent amount of the ball in some good situations and made the poor choices, sure it'll be a case of first game back.

Yagami

Good post resistant
By his standards, thought he was average.
I didn't think his performance was much different than usual.

He gave the ball away a lot, he buried a penalty, he created chances for himself and others, showed a bit of skill and worked incredibly hard in general.

The only difference I noticed was a positive one in that he seemed to do better at shielding the ball under pressure than usual, which was nice to see.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Its clear to see that hes just an extra level of quality. That pass to Martial was just exceptional and would have made a great goal. But even aside from that he's got so much intelligence in his passing and once Rashford gets sharper the goals will flow.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's excellent, picked up where he left off.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I hope people don’t begrudge him too much for forward, attacking passes that were misplaced because we seriously need players like him and Pogba who are willing to take a risk. I know tonight isn’t the best example as we drew but imagine having both his and Pogba’s creativity from the start, there’s few games we wouldn’t score him. I eagerly await the rest of the season with those two.

Mcking

Contrary to popular opinion, I'm yet to be convinced by him. He has the vision and puts in a lot of effort, but he doesn't quite have the execution of the best playmakers. His general game seems to be quite erratic too, it all feels a bit 'anyhow' to me.

RonaldoVII

Thought he did well but not getting carried away by the performance. He wasted a few attacks by shooting either too early or when he should've passed and he does make a meal of the smallest challenge. Clearly one of the few who can create a chance though.

mav_9me

Contrary to popular opinion, I'm yet to be convinced by him. He has the vision and puts in a lot of effort, but he doesn't quite have the execution of the best playmakers. His general game seems to be quite erratic too, it all feels a bit 'anyhow' to me.
I think what you are seeing to an extent is a one man show in a relatively poor team. Having said that it's also partly him and his style of play. For example he wouldn't be suited to Barcelona. Having said that he might be more careful with the ball in a better functioning team? Here it feels like he knows it's him or nothing, so always looking to try something.

Tarrou

absolutely loved that pass into Martial

if we can get Sancho in and keep Pogba, we'll be a huge threat going forward next season

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Makes us tick, once we get back into the groove and sort out the whole jamming Rashford/Martial/James into a lineup mess that is going on he'll star. Love that he chases down his own mistakes and drives team mates along and to do the same.

SambaBoy

Looked class at times. Like others have mentioned, I like that he takes risk, it's not going to work all the time but he will create plenty of chances for our team with his style of play.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's just because he plays a high risk game which is rare in the modern day.

Others can see it as being wasteful, he might give away 7/10 passes but those 3 will be killer balls that'll create a direct chance.

Personally to me this is absolutely fine as long as we create chances. We had Tottenham pinned back for long periods so we can become more risky.

Web of Bissaka

This guy :devil: listen to his post-match interview, he knows the game full well no doubt.

Right mentality -- picking up the ball quickly to the centre after scoring, commented "not satisfied" later on for not winning, etc.

Prince of Penalties.

Against park the bus teams, since majority of our players like to play pointless pedestrian safe play...
... we need him to play the more high risks play.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Thought he was very good again last night. I’m not a fan of his long distance shooting though. He clearly has great shooting technique, but he seems to be doing it far too early and from too far out. He doesn’t have great power in his shooting - those clown goalkeepers were just letting them in in Portugal from 40 yards every week. I think you need De Bruyne, Rivaldo type of power to be shooting from where he shoots from - he doesn’t have that.

That said, I love that daisy cutter he hit with the outside of his foot in the second half that went just past the post. Lloris was rooted to the spot.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
When we were first linked to him in summer 2018 many expressed these concerns.

El Jefe

He's not the David Silva or Ozil type of No.10, he's the kind that is always looking to create openings whether by shooting or penetrative passes. He's a bit like Sneijder and Gerrard. His impact is always felt in the stats column by assists, goals or chances created.

I've been very convinced and believe he'll be much better when our attack improves.

Kag

It's just because he plays a high risk game which is rare in the modern day.

Others can see it as being wasteful, he might give away 7/10 passes but those 3 will be killer balls that'll create a direct chance.

Personally to me this is absolutely fine as long as we create chances. We had Tottenham pinned back for long periods so we can become more risky.
Yep. He isn’t a Silva type and I’m happy with that. He’s a classic United midfielder in terms of style. I can tolerate the loose passing as I know it’s going to lead to chances and goals.

Drainy

He has a positive, high risk, progressive passing style but mixed results in his execution. He doesn't have Pogba's passing ability but in fairness not many people do and we do need to account for that and build our team around him and Pogba (if he stays)

He more than makes up for the risky play style it with his movement, touch, energy, leadership and goal threat particularly in an advanced midfield position. No. 10 is one of the hardest positions to play, especially for us when almost every club is playing to deny us space.

Skeezix

He has a positive, high risk, progressive passing style but mixed results in his execution. He doesn't have Pogba's passing ability but in fairness not many people do and we do need to account for that and build our team around him and Pogba (if he stays)

He more than makes up for the risky play style it with his movement, touch, energy, leadership and goal threat particularly in an advanced midfield position. No. 10 is one of the hardest positions to play, especially for us when almost every club is playing to deny us space.
From the Tottenham game, the feeling i get is that he is much more accurate and progressive in his passing than Fred and Scott, but less so than Pogba.

It could actually work out if he could be link between the Defence/Defensive Midfield and the Forwards/No 10

That means Pogba at 10 while Bruno a slightly behind him to control the tempo and link up play with Matic or Scott McTominay as DM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.