Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Think he’ll push for a move at the end of this season.

We needed a strong defensive midfielder (or two), instead we have 8 attacking players. We are over inflated up top.
A dm and a fullback was more needed than Ronaldo, I get why we did it but it makes no sense to get Ronaldo without that dm.
I agree, think he will leave.

snk123

Didn’t say that did I?
You didn't say anything. Just implied that the game would have been different had he scored. It doesn't work that way. Look at the goals we conceded - we are just fecking awful in defence. Need to sort that out. Too many times our attackers and especially Bruno have bailed us out.

Ekeke

Imagine how long ago Ole would have been out the door if this guy didnt come in and snatch us points from the grips of mediocrity

captaincantona

Spain will suit him
Mental reaction...
Same but some people don’t see the whole picture. He’s an easy fix and one of the biggest issues in the team. Fed up of skirting around it. He needs someone to get a hold of him and just show him the issues he causes and get him to cut out the rubbish. Run smarter.
you lot can’t be serious...he is a number 10...ask yourself why he is pressing the keeper???? Why is he so far up the pitch? It’s because Ronny doesn’t move unless he can sniff a goal...so Fernandes has been told to play higher and try help with the press- look at the 4-2-4 analysis of the Atalanta game...it’s like playing a false 9 and a real 9 that does feck all.

Bruno was being praised for his work rate last season even when his performances were rubbish.
When he presses for Ronny he leaves a gap in midfield- that’s why we play Fred and McT...it doesn’t fuking work and we get shredded...but that’s not down to Bruno going Rogue...that’s down to our number 9 being a passenger out of possession. We fuking beat Liverpool and drew with them with Fernandes playing ...except we had a front three that actually occupied their back line out of possession.

if you can’t see how fuking disjointed we look trying to accommodate Ronaldo then you’re blind...any back line with an ounce of composure can play through our front 4 at ease and have a numerical advantage against our two very limited midfielders.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mental reaction...with

you lot can’t be serious...he is a number 10...ask yourself why he is pressing the keeper???? Why is he so far up the pitch? It’s because Ronny doesn’t move unless he can sniff a goal...so Fernandes has been told to plate higher and try help with the press- look at the 4-2-4 analysis of the Atalanta game....he was being praised for his work rate last season even when his performances we rubbish.
When he presses for Ronny he leaves a gap in midfield- that’s why we play Fred and McT...it doesn’t fuking work and we get shredded...but that’s not down to Bruno going Rogue...that’s down to our number 9 being a passenger out of possession. We fuking beat Liverpool and drew with them with Fernandes playing ...except we had a front three that actually occupied their back line out of possession.
Since it doesn't work, either bench Ronaldo or keep playing him and just abandon this stupid to press from the front.

Andersons Dietician

Mental reaction...with

you lot can’t be serious...he is a number 10...ask yourself why he is pressing the keeper???? Why is he so far up the pitch? It’s because Ronny doesn’t move unless he can sniff a goal...so Fernandes has been told to plate higher and try help with the press- look at the 4-2-4 analysis of the Atalanta game....he was being praised for his work rate last season even when his performances we rubbish.
We don’t know if he is or isn’t asked to do this, and sorry he did this before Ronaldo even arrived and caused the same issues last season. It hasn’t been pulled up as bad because Martial actually did a good job of filling the space Bruno leaves behind.

But you still have to make intelligent decisions on the pitch and know when you can and can’t press. Pressing Allison is stupid especially leaving massive holes behind you. It’s made worse by his tendency to jog back.

Hes by no means the biggest or only issue in this team but he’s an easy fix to get us playing better.

captaincantona

Since it doesn't work, either bench Ronaldo or keep playing him and just abandon this stupid to press from the front.
Agree. Ronaldo is a 65 minute sub...when if we are winning he can grab a few goals and if we are losing he can get on the end of a few crosses...

trying to play top teams whose back lines are better at passing than our midfielders, with Ronny waiting for a break in the box is as good as playing with 10 men out of possession...and against top sides we tend to be out of possession for at least the majority of the game...so it is fuking suicide.
I’m not blaming Ronny either....it’s a square peg round hole kind of thing. We had €90 million, €75 million and €40million on the bench today...and two free transfers up top...we are clutching at straws in an epic way for an elite footballing side.

Bruno is the last of our fuking worries. Give him his old job back as a 10 with a competent front 3...he has missed a fit Rashford making runs. He ain’t the problem here.

kouroux

Agree. Ronaldo is a 65 minute sub...when if we are winning he can grab a few goals and if we are losing he can get on the end of a few crosses...

trying to play top teams whose back lines are better at passing than our midfielders, with Ronny waiting for a break in the box is as good as playing with 10 men out of possession...and against top sides we tend to be out of possession for at least the majority of the game...so it is fuking suicide.
I’m not blaming Ronny either....it’s a square peg round hole kind of thing. We had €90 million, €75 million and €40million on the bench today...and two free transfers up top...we are clutching at straws in an epic way for an elite footballing side.

Bruno is the last of our fuking worries. Give him his old job back as a 10 with a competent front 3...he has missed a fit Rashford making runs. He ain’t the problem here.
He ain't the problem but we can also admit his level has taken a huge nosedive before this season even started

el3mel

I know that his combo with Ronlado will be shit. Both can't play together in the same team with the way we're set up. I'm pretty sure I posted about this when we signed Ronaldo.

He needs to drop and play as a proper number 10 otherwise drop either him or Ronaldo.

Ekeke

He ain't the problem but we can also admit his level has taken a huge nosedive before this season even started
The thing is he's part of the attack (2nd furthest forward behind the striker) and still our most likely goalscorer. He tries things, some come off and at other times they are surprisingly poor. But he's determined, keeps at it and usually will be the one to bail us out on the many occasions we need it. A bit like a striker of old, like a Ruud, who might not be doing a great deal but then he'll come alive and get you a goal

Strelok

Since January yes, Bruno has been far from his best even if it's never stopped him from scoring nor assisting.
Far from his best? A huge nosedive?

Agreed that he was not in the monstrous form pre Jan but I don't think it's that big the drop.

Last season it's the same as season 2019-2020 he played too much and was simply burnout in the second half, especially by the end. But this season he looked very sharp in pre season and had a fantastic game against Leeds. After that then you can say he's not in top form. But it's not true at all that "his levels has taken a huge nosedive even before the season start."

kouroux

Far from his best? A huge nosedive?

Agreed that he was not in the monstrous form pre Jan but I don't think it's that big the drop.

Last season it's the same as season 2019-2020 he played too much and was simply burnout in the second half, especially by the end. But this season he looked very sharp in pre season and had a fantastic game against Leeds. After that then you can say he's not in top form. But it's not true at all that "his levels has taken a huge nosedive even before the season start."
It's not true for you because you disagree with it which is fine.

Strelok

It's not true for you because you disagree with it which is fine.
It's not because I disagree with you. It's because if you watched him in the pre season matches and against Leeds you'd see he's in top form.

You can check the comments in this thread regarding the pre season matches and against Leeds.

kouroux

It's not because I disagree with you. It's because if you watched him in the pre season matches and against Leeds you'd see he's in top form.

You can check the comments in this thread regarding the pre season matches and against Leeds and you'd see.
I don't watch preseason because it's pointless. I watched him vs Leeds and he was good and after that, his level drastically dropped

arnie_ni

I still can't get over him pressuring Allison on his own like that, and then greenwood's half arsed attempt at VVD

A couple of us spoke about this all week. When he does it he leaves massive gaps and everyone else is out of position. How has ole not reigned this in ffs?

Strelok

I don't watch preseason because it's pointless. I watched him vs Leeds and he was good and after that, his level drastically dropped
It's not drastically dropped. He's still our best passer and basically our sole creative force. He got only two but he would have had 5 assits in the Atalanta match if Fred and Rashford were a bit better at finishing. Top quality from him that match I'd say.

Tbh it's too much for me to tactically understand and explain why he hasn't been as effective as before. I've been wondering about this for a while. But watching him I still see the same player. His touch, his pass, his vision, his workrate are still the same, pretty top quality. Except for today, he had a really bad game today.

kouroux

It's not drastically dropped. He's still our best passer and basically our sole creative force. He got only two but he would have had 5 assits in the Atalanta match if Fred and Rashford were a bit better at finishing. Top quality from him that match I'd say.

Tbh it's too much for me to tactically understand and explain why he hasn't been as effective as before. I've been wondering about this for a while. But watching him I still see the same player. His touch, his pass, his vision, his workrate are the same, pretty top quality. Except for today, he had a really bad game today.
It's a matter of perception then. Bruno set up a lot of chances vs Atalanta while being incredibly wasteful. I wouldn't even count one of his assist as a real one tbh. That was his 2nd best game I'd say this season, other than that, a lot of average games with losts of balls lost and not many scoring impact for a player who is so advanced

Strelok

It's a matter of perception then. Bruno set up a lot of chances vs Atalanta while being incredibly wasteful. I wouldn't even count one of his assist as a real one tbh. That was his 2nd best game I'd say this season, other than that, a lot of average games with losts of balls lost and not many scoring impact for a player who is so advanced
As we talk more he's having more good games huh ;)

I don't think you can say a player was wasteful if he created that many chances. His two pingpong 50-60 mettres long pass to Rashford were fecking beautiful to watch. His flick for Fred and his one touch pass to Rashford to score was really really top quality. It's incredibly difficult to pull off those with that stunning accuracy.

And I was wrong, he would have another 4 assists if Ronaldo scored. I forgot that one.

kouroux

As we talk more he's having more good games huh ;)

I don't think you can say a player was wasteful if he created that many chances. His two pingpong 50-60 mettres long pass to Rashford were fecking beautiful to watch. His flick for Fred and his one touch pass to Rashford to score was really really top quality. It's incredibly difficult to pull off those with that accuracy.

And I was wrong, he would have another 4 assists if Ronaldo scored. I forgot that one.
2 games out of how many bro ?

The Oracle

Key moments can decide a game...

In the first few minutes he was in the box and just simply had to square it to Rashford for a certain goal, but he blazed it over.

Fast-forward a minute or two later, and Liverpool go 1-0 up through smart passing play.

The difference between the two teams in a nutshell:
One team was playing as individuals
The other team was playing as you guessed it, a team.

Strelok

2 games out of how many bro ?
I didn't say he's in top form, rather I did agree that he's not. But to say his form has been drastically dropped is simply not true imo.

Except for today match imo he's been ok. Imo the problem here is we're used to him scoring or assiting every match. Which is actually very rare for any player. He hasn't been putting number recently so that's probably why some, including you have a feeling that he's been bad.

But if you watch him carefully you'd see it's not like he suddenly turned into Pereira. His touch, passing, vision are still the same. But as I said, why he hasn't been as effective as before I've no idea.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I didn't say he's in top form, rather I did agree that he's not. But to say his form has been drastically dropped is simply not true imo.

Except for today match imo he's been ok. Imo the problem here is we're used to him scoring or assiting every match. Which is actually very rare for any player. He hasn't been putting number recently so that's probably why some, including you have a feeling that he's been bad.

But if you watch him carefully you'd see it's not like he suddenly turned into Pereira. His touch, passing, vision are still the same. But as I said, why he hasn't been as effective as before I've no idea.
Sorry but have a look at his non penalty stats since January in the league. Then watch 70% of his actual performances. Do I blame him individually? Not at all. We are a terribly coached team but he’s been bang average since January and that isn’t a couple of weeks. He’s had a few great games in that time.

SonyaCross493

Why does he constantly play as a striker? Why is nobody telling him to stay deep?

another big-game bottle job. That's why some people call Bruno overrated.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Mental reaction...

you lot can’t be serious...he is a number 10...ask yourself why he is pressing the keeper???? Why is he so far up the pitch? It’s because Ronny doesn’t move unless he can sniff a goal...so Fernandes has been told to play higher and try help with the press- look at the 4-2-4 analysis of the Atalanta game...it’s like playing a false 9 and a real 9 that does feck all.

Bruno was being praised for his work rate last season even when his performances were rubbish.

if you can’t see how fuking disjointed we look trying to accommodate Ronaldo then you’re blind...any back line with an ounce of composure can play through our front 4 at ease and have a numerical advantage against our two very limited midfielders.
Bruno has been known leaving a hole in midfield long before Ronaldo arrived. He has been playing like a shadow striker since the very first day he arrived at the club.

united for life

Bruno needs to be an actual part of the midfield.

We're lining up with Rashford, Ronaldo, Bruno and Greenwood.

It's fairly fecking obvious which one of those 4 players should be the one constantly making himself available to Fred and McTominay.
So bruno is the one who doesn’t make himself available? Isn’t it Fred and McTominay’s lack of ability ti build play from behind the issue?

Strelok

Sorry but have a look at his non penalty stats since January in the league. Then watch 70% of his actual performances. Do I blame him individually? Not at all. We are a terribly coached team but he’s been bang average since January and that isn’t a couple of weeks. He’s had a few great games in that time.
That's the problem I'm talking about.

He doesn't put in the number as usual. But imo it's not because of him playing badly or has regressed but last season he's burnout in the second half and this season it's been rather a tactical issue. Last season post Jan his non pen stats was still pretty good if my memory serves me right, anyway I don't know how to find his non pen stats since Jan. Do you have that?

Imo Bruno thrives with players like Rashford who is fast and know how to make runs behind the defense. It's not a concidence that this season he started to play much better when Rashford was back.

With our current line up Sancho is not the type who makes runs behind the defense to get at the end of a pass and score. He's another playmaker type who tend to provide a pass instead. Ronaldo is no longer that fast and he's too immobile these days. Greenwood is probably the only viable option but he's often very heavily marked and he's not as good at making runs as Rashford. He still doesn't excel at how to time his run.

Another issue is he's best when play close to the opponent's final third and make runs into the final third to get at the end of a pass and score. Recently he has stopped doing that and started to play deeper and wider to provide for Ronaldo or to help our midfield which has been a disaster this season.

Tbh it's too much for me to tactically understand and explain all this. But imo it's not a lone issue with Bruno or he's the issue but rather a tactical issue with our whole setup.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

In the first few minutes he was in the box and just simply had to square it to Rashford for a certain goal, but he blazed it over.

Fast-forward a minute or two later, and Liverpool go 1-0 up through smart passing play.

Key moments can decide a game but they aren't the reason for a 5-0 home defeat where the opposition really took their foot off the pedal at half time. Bruno missed a decent chance. It happens. It was a perfectly fine decision to try shooting but he missed. We then got absolutely battered and could've lost by 8+ if Liverpool felt like it. But they stopped at 5, lucky us.

dabeast

Bruno is someone who was never a top player till he joined United. He found a space being a CAM who plays like a striker but has never had the experience of becoming, organically, a player who is good in different systems. He got good goal involvement numbers in his first one and a half years here but we have had to carry him breaking our shape playing as a second striker creating huge spaces in front of the CMs. He was our luxury player (much more than Pogba) and with Ronaldo coming in we lost the capability of having Bruno as the player who has broken our shape. He has taken over the club and the manager is responsible for that.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Was not tracking his runner but throwing hissy fits when it resulted in goal. Gets away with so much. Left Scott and Fred to be overrun because he can’t be bothered to play in midfield. What’s the point in playing both Ronaldo and Bruno if they play in the same position.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

And this is also something that should be worked on in training. How many blind shots were taken by Liverpool players yesterday? Not really any.
Klopp drills them to get into positions where the chance to score is more than 50% and always look for another player in a better position before getting off a shot. Also in the modern game it is mandatory to get the tactical movements of each player in every situation into their head.
These kind of automatisms leads to being able to create more space and better chances and finally more goals.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Was not tracking his runner but throwing hissy fits when it resulted in goal. Gets away with so much. Left Scott and Fred to be overrun because he can’t be bothered to play in midfield. What’s the point in playing both Ronaldo and Bruno if they play in the same position.
That was bizarre. Bruno seems to think he's a CF at United. We had 4 players out of the game for that goal.

Idxomer

He's a problem only because we have a weak manager and coaches who can't give him proper instructions that helps the overall structure of the team.

The Oracle

Key moments can decide a game but they aren't the reason for a 5-0 home defeat where the opposition really took their foot off the pedal at half time. Bruno missed a decent chance. It happens. It was a perfectly fine decision to try shooting but he missed. We then got absolutely battered and could've lost by 8+ if Liverpool felt like it. But they stopped at 5, lucky us.
I got the wording slightly off, it should have been, "There are key moments that can change games".

I do agree that even if we had of scored that early chance, the score may not have been much different, after all Bruno scored the 1st goal back in the match in May - yet we still went on to lose 4-2

So in terms of yesterday, Bruno's chance would have changed the scoreline of the game, but not necessarily the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.