5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united for life

You mean play both as an attacker and a defender like every player that plays for a top club does. Tired of people passing on blame around, it's either a player is performing right or he is not. This equivalent thing is rather annoying.
where did i say he shouldn’t defend? I was talking about creating play from the back. There should be someone doing this. Currently no one does this

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
AWB is exposed in just about every game, so it's a coaching issue I reckon. Also, we routinely allow crosses in , Shaw does it and so does AWB - in fact, Shaw rarely bothers to get close unless the player is nearing our 18-yard box, they tend to focus more on congesting the box, maybe because we feel we have good height in there, only problem is that good players just need to get their angles right if their colleagues have good movement.
None of our full backs ever get proper support from either the midfielders or forwards in front of them. Overlapping, or pinning the full backs back and exploiting the space in front of them, is a very effective strategy against United currently. It’s definitely a coaching issue, but our players are also lacking the in-game intelligence to identify what is happening and adjust.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
where did i say he shouldn’t defend? I was talking about creating play from the back. There should be someone doing this. Currently no one does this
Unless he's classed a forward in the team set up, it's also his responsibility as a midfielder. Maybe if he starts positioning himself nearer to the other CMs we might start seeing them gel as a midfield and move the ball quicker on the floor than pinging it. The last player to noticeably play like him was Wesley Sneijder even with him his game wasn't all about the goals like Bruno and running off waywardly trying to go win the game himself.
In football there is no cheat, you either do it all right or something or someone suffers somehow.

united for life

Unless he's classed a forward in the team set up, it's also his responsibility as a midfielder. Maybe if he starts positioning himself nearer to the other CMs we might start seeing them gel as a midfield and move the ball quicker on the floor than pinging it. The last player to noticeably play like him was Wesley Sneijder even with him his game wasn't all about the goals like Bruno and running off waywardly trying to go win the game himself.
In football there is no cheat, you either do it all right or something or someone suffers somehow.
at least he’s trying to win the game.

and no, I do not expect him to drop deep and do a central midfielder’s job. The ball has to come out of defense and should be distributed further up the pitch (a Kroos). It’s not Bruno’s role in the team.

LJJT

If a new manager comes in he won’t play nearly as much. Which will likely mean he wouldn’t sign a contract renewal and leave for free. He’s been so good for us up until recently but he’s got some big limitations in a proper structured team which is what we likely could be depending on next manager

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
at least he’s trying to win the game.

and no, I do not expect him to drop deep and do a central midfielder’s job. The ball has to come out of defense and should be distributed further up the pitch (a Kroos). It’s not Bruno’s role in the team.
Your expectation is one of the reasons this team is doomed. You earn the right to play over your opponents in football.

Like I said unless he is classed a forward in this setup instead of a midfielder he contribution priorities are wrong. You want a Kroos behind him, does it not mean he should be playing like a Modric already?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

I miss him when he was our main man.

The long shots. The penalties. The Free kicks. The assists. His ability to be in the box just as deep as our own half.

Just Everything.

Hope we get to see him soon.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Has been poor and below his usual standards this season. The Ronaldo effect is not the cause.

I think that the defensive fragility of the unit makes us slower and especially deeper on the pitch.

But I think that it seems tired to me. He lacks his moment of magic. Hope he will get his magic back, but it seems a very long season ahead

SonyaCross493

Bruno Fernandes has played 100% of our games this season. So don't be shocked when he's knackered second half of the season.. Ole has had plenty of chances to use his squad and give Fernandes a rest. But Ole's favouritism is hurting the team this season.

Bruno Fernandes is playing shite so should be dropped/rest and give a fresh player Donny or Lingard a start in his position against Watford.. That's what a fair proper manager would do like a Pep, Conte or Klopp. But Ole is Ole.. he doesn't trust his squad despite having internationals on it who cost 50 million and 70 million like Donny and Sancho who most managers would love to have.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Bruno Fernandes has played 100% of our games this season. So don't be shocked when he's knackered second half of the season.. Ole has had plenty of chances to use his squad and give Fernandes a rest. But Ole's favouritism is hurting the team this season.

Bruno Fernandes is playing shite so should be dropped/rest and give a fresh player Donny or Lingard a start in his position against Watford.. That's what a fair proper manager would do like a Pep, Conte or Klopp. But Ole is Ole.. he doesn't trust his squad despite having internationals on it who cost 50 million and 70 million like Donny and Sancho who most managers would love to have.
When was that exactly this season ?

MattofManchester

If a new manager comes in he won’t play nearly as much. Which will likely mean he wouldn’t sign a contract renewal and leave for free. He’s been so good for us up until recently but he’s got some big limitations in a proper structured team which is what we likely could be depending on next manager
Some of you should be embarrassed with the drivel that you display.

LInkash

Is there that statistic that he has created far more chances than anyone else this season?

GueRed

I agree Bruno's performance levels just like a number of other players have been very poor. For me he hasnt been the same since he ballooned that pen against Villa...but to drop him for a Lingard or Van De Beek? Nah. That's too massive a drop in quality. IMO a 50% performing Bruno is better than those two. He's too an important player and one of the leaders this team.

I think Ole keeps playing him in hope he can find and play his way back into form.

My main worry is the positions Bruno takes up on the pitch, too many times I see him aimlessly running about like a headless chicken. The shape of the team looks fecked. That's on the coaching.

Oranges038

I agree Bruno's performance levels just like a number of other players have been very poor. For me he hasnt been the same since he ballooned that pen against Villa...but to drop him for a Lingard or Van De Beek? Nah. That's too massive a drop in quality. IMO a 50% performing Bruno is better than those two. He's too an important player and one of the leaders this team.

I think Ole keeps playing him in hope he can find and play his way back into form.

My main worry is the positions Bruno takes up on the pitch, too many times I see him aimlessly running about like a headless chicken. The shape of the team looks fecked. That's on the coaching.
He was the same for Portugal against Ireland. I like that he's a hard worker. But, I think he's trying too hard to get the ball himself rather than trusting others to win it and find him with a pass.

When you see how many chances he creates, you realise he has to be given that freedom to make the passes he does. His vision and risk taking is what makes him such a potent attacking force for the team. By running around chasing the ball he ends up being out of the areas where he can really hurt teams when he does get it.

What they should really be focusing on is to curb all that pointless energy wasting running and help him to work on finding the pockets of space that allow him to hurt the oposition as effectively while not taking away his natural instincts to go for the killer passes when he does get the ball.

Bebestation

Bruno for Portugal has never really impressed me.

The club level player is a different level. Has never really got to play that SS/forward role that we saw in his first two seasons here at United and Sporting when playing for Portugal - the one who is just assisting every game, causing penalties with his passing every game, taking penalties every game he hasn't scored from open play or assisted a goal.

Fantastic player and hoping we get to see him as our main player again before he gets a tad too old.

Last edited:

Mr PG

I remember all the stupid fools who were saying we'd be a more solid team when Ronnie was sold to Madrid....lol.

So Bruno scores too many goals and makes too many assists now he's the problem...lol.

No I don't wonna see Bruno at left back or right back defending are you guys crazy? Any team on the world would snatch him up if he's available.

Mr PG

Bruno is a football genius who needs a coach who knows how to use him. Similar to Salah who was average at Roma but suits liverpool well.

Blood Mage

I'm actually starting to have concerns that he was just on a long purple patch and what we're seeing now is his actual level, a bit like Dele Alli. I put this down to Ole and his coaches before but he's been fecking shite for Portugal lately too.

TsuWave

He’s a good player, with a really low bottom level. He’s just not the world conqueror this forum wanted him to be.

Bebestation

It's mad - the guy is literally making all the chances. Making all the assists for Ronaldo but it's Ronaldo who is the only amazing one and now Bruno has turned to average?

He has stopped playing the SS version of himself where he is scoring goals, creating chances, creating penalties and taking penalties- he is now just purely creating chances for the team as seen by his stats.

He is the Portugal national team version of himself which was not as good. Hmm..

Last edited:

InfiniteBoredom

I'm actually starting to have concerns that he was just on a long purple patch and what we're seeing now is his actual level, a bit like Dele Alli. I put this down to Ole and his coaches before but he's been fecking shite for Portugal lately too.
He’s always been shite for Portugal.

Also that’s a long purple patch, as he’s been performing at that level for 5 years for SCP and United.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s always been shite for Portugal.

Also that’s a long purple patch, as he’s been performing at that level for 5 years for SCP and United.
Really ?

Since January:-

34 league games 8 goals (non pen) 7 assists.

3 goals came in one game and 2 assists came in 9-0 v Southampton. That’s without looking at his actual performances which have been very inconsistent in that time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Really ?

Since January:-

34 league games 8 goals (non pen) 7 assists.

3 goals came in one game and 2 assists came in 9-0 v Southampton. That’s without looking at his actual performances which have been very inconsistent in that time.
How many chances created in PL and CL?

He leads chances creation in both PL and CL.

Bebestation

How many chances created in PL and CL?

He leads chances creation in both PL and CL.
It's not even that - he creates those penalties that he ends up taking last season.

He is a guy when he plays almost as a SS/CAM player that makes runs in to the box and is in immense form is extremely hard to stop - he makes the whole team better with his mix of creativity, leadership and finishing.

Now, you see the penalties have completely gone missing from our score board because Bruno Fernandes is playing the Portugal version of himself - the deeper CAM seen sometimes even at CM. You only really see Bruno now further up the pitch when he tries to press by himself.

Look at how much he is getting in to the box and playing as a forward just straight up shooting - you don't see that near as much anymore and you never saw it for Portugal national team.

Much more passing and crossing playing as a deeper player than a forward player.

roonster09

Scout
It's not even that - he creates those penalties that he ends up taking last season.

He is a guy when he plays almost as a SS/CAM player that makes runs in to the box and is in immense form is extremely hard to stop - he makes the whole team better with his mix of creativity, leadership and finishing.

Now, you see the penalties have completely gone missing from our score board because Bruno Fernandes is playing the Portugal version of himself - the deeper CAM seen sometimes even at CM. You only really see Bruno now further up the pitch when he tries to press by himself.

Look at how much he is getting in to the box and playing as a forward just straight up shooting - you don't see that near as much anymore and you never saw it for Portugal national team.

Much more passing and crossing playing as a deeper player than a forward player.
Tbh penalties stopped as the rules are changed but agreed with your overall point. He is the one who makes this team look better, creates shit loads of chances.

GueRed

He was the same for Portugal against Ireland. I like that he's a hard worker. But, I think he's trying too hard to get the ball himself rather than trusting others to win it and find him with a pass.

When you see how many chances he creates, you realise he has to be given that freedom to make the passes he does. His vision and risk taking is what makes him such a potent attacking force for the team. By running around chasing the ball he ends up being out of the areas where he can really hurt teams when he does get it.

What they should really be focusing on is to curb all that pointless energy wasting running and help him to work on finding the pockets of space that allow him to hurt the oposition as effectively while not taking away his natural instincts to go for the killer passes when he does get the ball.
Yeah I agree.

As well as building him up to to get back on form. The coaches should be doing this....

The headless chicken tactic is not it for me.

Andersons Dietician

What do they class as chances? is It just an action leading to a shot on goal? Because there are good chances and then just chances. I wouldn’t say we as a team create that many good chances. Seems quite rare we slip someone through for a one on one vs a keeper other than a long ball to Rashford.

Do agree on the point he can make the team look better but then he’s still capable of making the team look poor and disjointed. Our team is generally a mess and I’m positive Bruno can vastly improve if we can get someone in to just give these guys set rolls and jobs and help guide them on the pitch.

El Jefe

He's really not that good and I think most people a lot of people are coming round to that. Still a very good player but performances like the City game happen too often for a supposed top player. He's able to mask it with goal contributions a lot of the time which is a positive.

Maybe Ronaldo coming in has dried up his goals tally but even at his very best he still had very sloppy performances. I won't be fully convinced that Bruno is a top player until I see him perform as one in big PL or CL games. Lukaku gets a lot of stick for being a flat track bully, our Bruno isn't far from having that label himself.

Cloud7

He reminds me of Rooney in that his top level is one of the best in the world and his bottom level when nothing comes off for him looks like a sunday league player. We’ve seen his best in his time here, but like many of our players currently we’re also seeing close to his worst these days.

He doesn’t seem to do well for Portugal but that doesn’t really matter for us as he performs for us.

Idxomer

What do they class as chances? is It just an action leading to a shot on goal? Because there are good chances and then just chances. I wouldn’t say we as a team create that many good chances. Seems quite rare we slip someone through for a one on one vs a keeper other than a long ball to Rashford.

Do agree on the point he can make the team look better but then he’s still capable of making the team look poor and disjointed. Our team is generally a mess and I’m positive Bruno can vastly improve if we can get someone in to just give these guys set rolls and jobs and help guide them on the pitch.
Yes, it's exactly that.

It's not an important stat especially when you have a team full of players who love to shoot mindlessly.

edit: It's any pass leading to a shot on or off target.

Last edited:

Bebestation

To be honest the performance of City and Liverpool happened to everyone - some people just get the benefit of good performance just because they happened to take a shot on goal or something :houllier:

roonster09

Scout
Yes, it's exactly that.

It's not an important stat especially when you have a team full of players who love to shoot mindlessly.

edit: It's any pass leading to shot on or off target.
He also had most expected assists in the league last season.

Andersons Dietician

Yes, it's exactly that.

edit: It's any pass leading to a shot on or off target.
So really a pointless statistic especially if it’s including shots off target.

Fred could spam the lob pass button to Rashford and just hope he takes a shot from anywhere and be the greatest chance creator in Europe.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

What does that mean? How many penalties did he win? From January Martial won 3 of them, Pogba 2 and Rashford 1.

roonster09

Scout
So really a pointless statistic especially if it’s including shots off target.

Fred could spam the lob pass button to Rashford and just hope he takes a shot from anywhere and be the greatest chance creator in Europe.
How does Shot on or off target matters.

Or you can play player making square passes and can be celebrated as greatest passer in Europe.

Also Fred can do that but that won't put him at the top of expected assists table.

Andersons Dietician

How does Shot on or off target matters.

Or you can play player making square passes and can be celebrated as greatest passer in Europe.

Also Fred can do that but that won't put him at the top of expected assists table.
Because dear fellow if I’m passing to someone taking shots from 30 yards out on the left or right at impossible angles making it unlikely to go on target that still counts as a chance even if it went horribly wide. Which makes a mockery of the “chance” stat as it’s barely even that.

Quality matters over quantity in my opinion.

Expected stats work off of zones. If I float a ball to the back post and someone is coming in on it it’s an expected goal. Even if there are two defenders there meaning you can’t actually get a jump so both these stats become subjective in their very nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.