5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara125

His inability to retain possession is still a glaring problem which is masked by the odd Hollywood ball

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
I see no point in trashing one of our best players, when the whole team was poo today.

united for life

I feel for him. I feel for every attacking player in a game like this. What is he expected to do? Play box to box? Go back and create play? Poor guy, he has to play in front of players who don’t know how to pick up the ball from the back and build play up front. He was terrible today, but so was everyone else except de gea

el3mel

Another big game, another woeful performance. His closing down of Cancelo for the first goal was a travesty
How many big games in which he was actually influential in ? I don't really remember, only the Liverpool game in Fa Cup last season that I can remember.

I like the guy but it's hard to keep ignoring this.

Art

Art the artist
Whomever the next manager is, needs to reign him in in terms of discipline and playing as part of a system. He’s obviously good enough to create and assist if he’s our only outlet to assist and create but we have to utilize all our attacking players to play as part of a cohesive unit. Also needs to cut out the whining.

El Jefe

He isn't a top footballer.

Very good yes because of his output which usually masks how average most of his performances really are.

I can't simply imagine him putting the kind of display on the ball that KDB showed today.
Pretty much this, he's not a top player at all and wouldn't have half the stats he does if he played in a team where he had to play with discipline.

We often here how he drags us as a team but when has this happened in a big game? More often than not he is dreadful in the big matches and often marked out easily.

The people on here that compare him to KDB are out of their minds, Bruno isn't fit to lace his boots.

MattofManchester

It feels like some players are scapegoats.

I don't blame any of our attacking players today. Not one.

It''s very hard to play well, when there's little to no organisation going on behind you. Nevermind that we had no midfield, and our defence was as awful as it gets.

We didn't even play to win that game ffs. Felt like we were essentially a very expensive West Brom.

So I can't blame anyone in attack when they're always isolated. That's scapegoating a team whose manager is throwing them under a bus on the pitch.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It feels like some players are scapegoats.

I don't blame any of our attaacking players today. Not one.

It''s very hard to play well, when there's little to no organisation going on behind you. Nevermind that we had no midfield, and our defence was as awful as it gets.

We didn't even play to win that game ffs. Felt like we were essentially a very expensive West Brom.

So I can't blame anyone in attack when they're always isolated. That's scapegoating a team whose manager is throwing them under a bus on the pitch.
Put the scapegoating thing aside and rewatch what Bruno did for the first goal. That was bad to say the least

SonyaCross493

According to Tony Cascarino one of our big problems is Fernandes(

https://www.football365.com/news/huge-problem-cascarino-urges-solskjaer-to-drop-bruno-for-lingard

Roy Keane and Souness agreed today

no denying he's a good talented player, but you need more from him when playing in that midfield area. Games are won and lost in the midfield it's such an important area of the pitch. He's not yet took that next stop towards becoming World Class.

maybe a new manager will demand more from him out of possession or he doesn't play. Like Pep does. A lot of Manchester United players currently like Fernandes, Maguire, Shaw etc have got too cozy and comfortable with Ole as manager as they know they are his favourites and not at risk of losing their place in the team. This team needs a massive shake up as like Roy Keane said a lot of these players can't handle the pressure and expectation of playing for Manchester United.. Ronaldo joining the club has raised expectations and added pressure which the rest of the Manchester United players are bottling and crumbling away under that new pressure/expectations it seems. No character or personality.. these players are so mentally fragile and weak they fall apart and give up when the opposition scores..

also Fernandes is way too emotional to be our captain.. guy had the nerve to tell other players to calm down when he lost the ball about 3 times in the space of less than a minute in the first half leading to City attacks.. sort your own performance out first mate!

people can blame Ole the manager all they want but a lot of these players are not good enough to take Manchester United to that next level. And whether it's Ole, Zidane, Rodgers etc will all struggle with this group of weak spineless players to challenge for trophies. You could put Pep in charge and most of the players starting today wouldn't be playing.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

https://www.football365.com/news/huge-problem-cascarino-urges-solskjaer-to-drop-bruno-for-lingard

no denying he's a good talented player, but you need more from him when playing in that midfield area. Games are won and lost in the midfield it's such an important area of the pitch. He's no longer took that next stop towards becoming World Class.

maybe a new manager will demand more from him out of possession or he doesn't play. Like Pep does. A lot of Manchester United players currently like Fernandes, Maguire etc have got too cozy and comfortable as they know they are not at risk of losing their place in the team. This team needs a massive shake up as like Roy Keane said a lot of these players can't handle the pressure and expectation of playing for Manchester United.. Ronaldo joining the club has raised expectations and added pressure which the rest of the Manchester United players are bottling it seems. No character or personality.. so mentally fragile they fall apart when the opposition scores..

also Fernandes is way too emotional to be our captain.. guy had the nerve to tell other players to calm down when he lost the ball about 3 times in the space of less than a minute in the first half.. sort your own performance our first mate! You
He is also a bit of a drama queen, milks every physical contact

chiz2kul

no denying he's a good talented player, but you need more from him when playing in that midfield area. Games are won and lost in the midfield it's such an important area of the pitch. He's no longer took that next stop towards becoming World Class.

maybe a new manager will demand more from him out of possession or he doesn't play. Like Pep does. A lot of Manchester United players currently like Fernandes, Maguire etc have got too cozy and comfortable with Ole as manager as they know they are his favourites and not at risk of losing their place in the team. This team needs a massive shake up as like Roy Keane said a lot of these players can't handle the pressure and expectation of playing for Manchester United.. Ronaldo joining the club has raised expectations and added pressure which the rest of the Manchester United players are bottling and crumbling away under that new pressure/expectations it seems. No character or personality.. these players are so mentally fragile and weak they fall apart and give up when the opposition scores..

also Fernandes is way too emotional to be our captain.. guy had the nerve to tell other players to calm down when he lost the ball about 3 times in the space of less than a minute in the first half.. sort your own performance our first mate!

people can blame Ole the manager all they want but a lot of these players are not good enough to take Manchester United to that next level. And whether it's Ole, Zidane, Rodgers etc will all struggle with this group of weak spineless players to challenge for trophies. You could put Pep in charge and most of them wouldn't be playing.
completely agree. Especially his incessant whining at his team mates when he does the exact same thing over again. Drives me nuts.

SonyaCross493

It's worth also mentioning that the Portugal manager Santos often drops Fernandes and if he does start Fernandes he's often one of the first players to get substituted. I think we are starting to see why.

I'd give Donny or Lingard a chance and run in the team stating against Watford after the international break. Drop/rest Bruno for a few games. See if the team becomes more balanced as a whole and Manchester United can start to dominate the midfield which like I said is where games are won and lost. Whoever is the United manager after the international break needs to do some bid drastic changes to this team to try something different as it's broken currently and clearly not working. No player should be undroppable.

United need to go on a massive winning run starting against Watford after the international break. Need some consistency urgently.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
How many big games in which he was actually influential in ? I don't really remember, only the Liverpool game in Fa Cup last season that I can remember.

I like the guy but it's hard to keep ignoring this.
It's a personal problem for him if he was dragging the team down, you can say he's not elevating the team from mediocrity in the big games, but he's not dragging them down any more than the other 9 outfield players do. Bruno is not that world-class game-changer on the big stage that will drag a team by the scruff of their necks, he's a really good player, but he's not that kind of player IMO.

Andersons Dietician

I think It’s been over a year of saying this but he’s not a 10. He needs to go back to playing like an attacking midfielder/8 where he made his name and was still banging in goals. He does run about a lot but it’s often misguided and doesn’t seem to put the actual hard work needed in midfield. The intelligent runs there or moves in to space to give the other midfielders or defence options.

Today was a stark realisation of how much better KDB and the city midfield are compared to us. They put in the work and get in the positions so there are always more than one option For the man on the ball. We don’t have that. Be it coaching or players just being bad who knows.

He needs to be played in an 8. It took all of 2 seconds for the gap between attack and midfield to show when he went to playing as a 10 today and I’m fed up of seeing it and it needs to stop.

zaafi

I think It’s been over a year of saying this but he’s not a 10. He needs to go back to playing like an attacking midfielder/8 where he made his name and was still banging in goals. He does run about a lot but it’s often misguided and doesn’t seem to put the actual hard work needed in midfield. The intelligent runs there or moves in to space to give the other midfielders or defence options.

Today was a stark realisation of how much better KDB and the city midfield are compared to us. They put in the work and get in the positions so there are always more than one option For the man on the ball. We don’t have that. Be it coaching or players just being bad who knows.

He needs to be played in an 8. It took all of 2 seconds for the gap between attack and midfield to show when he went to playing as a 10 today and I’m fed up of seeing it and it needs to stop.
Completely agree. It's also how he mindlessly destroys the attack or unnecessarily give away the ball. I mean, he can produce some absolutely outrageous world class moments, but they're far too rare to be a proper 10. What I would give for a Real Madrid-Özil that actually can pass and make the right decisions at the right times. Bruno is not that guy, and should not be a 10.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Micah Richards really laboured the point on the Sky post match, but it was an important point. The reason why we see our full backs being exposed by other teams, making poor decisions and being indecisive, is because they get no reliable support from their wide partners ahead of them. Dalot looked atrocious against Villareal and a big part of that was because Greenwood left him completely exposed. Both crosses for the City goals came from our right today, when Bruno was just drifting around. The players need name to both understand their defensive roles and be able to depend on their teammates performing them. I’ve no idea if this is more on Bruno or the coaching, but there was a massive gap in front of AWB today where Bruno should have been defending.

Marwood

Micah Richards really laboured the point on the Sky post match, but it was an important point. The reason why we see our full backs being exposed by other teams, making poor decisions and being indecisive, is because they get no reliable support from their wide partners ahead of them. Dalot looked atrocious against Villareal and a big part of that was because Greenwood left him completely exposed. Both crosses for the City goals came from our right today, when Bruno was just drifting around. The players need name to both understand their defensive roles and be able to depend on their teammates performing them. I’ve no idea if this is more on Bruno or the coaching, but there was a massive gap in front of AWB today where Bruno should have been defending.
Should it have been Bruno though? Although he could have done better it seems all kinds of wrong for him to be in that position.

Imagine expecting Cantona to stop the opposition fullback from getting a cross in.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Should it have been Bruno though? Although he could have done better it seems all kinds of wrong for him to be in that position.

Imagine expecting Cantona to stop the opposition fullback from getting a cross in.
In a 5-3-2 the only person who can assist the right back is the right central midfielder, which was Bruno in the first half.

Marwood

In a 5-3-2 the only person who can assist the right back is the right central midfielder, which was Bruno in the first half.
But why would the right wing back need assistance with one man next to his own corner flag? There's obviously a bigger problem with the players positions in that move.

And who wants Bruno back there?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
But why would the right wing back need assistance with one man next to his own corner flag? There's obviously a bigger problem with the players positions in that move.

And who wants Bruno back there?
We were playing a 5-3-2 and they dominated down our right flank, because AWB was being killed by Foden running in behind and Cancelo was exploiting the space in front of him all day. Foden was a real handful and pinned AWB back, which meant that Cancelo could thrive. So many of their chances came from that side of the field.

Too often on here and on the field with United’s players, there’s an attitude of defending behind a job for the defenders. We need our whole team to understand and perform a defensive function. Look at exactly what City do.

Where exactly do you think Bruno should have been that half?

Marwood

We were playing a 5-3-2 and they dominated down our right flank, because AWB was being killed by Foden running in behind and Cancelo was exploiting the space in front of him all day. Foden was a real handful and pinned AWB back, which meant that Cancelo could thrive. So many of their chances came from that side of the field.

Too often on here and on the field with United’s players, there’s an attitude of defending behind a job for the defenders. We need our whole team to understand and perform a defensive function. Look at exactly what City do.

Where exactly do you think Bruno should have been that half?
We're talking about that specific moment, not the general defending throughout the half.

AWB shouldn't need Bruno's help to deal with Cancelo there. But for whatever reason we were all jumbled up and AWB was tucked inside rather than pushing onto Cancelo. Which is crazy when we've got three CD's.

Either way you have a player like Bruno, have him playing as a 10 or even a 9 most of his time here. Yet now we expect him to be defending around the corner flag. When you ask a player to switch roles like that mistakes will happen.

Spaghetti

Mom's
I am worried about his form in general over the last 9-10 months. And his constant moaning is a nuisance; to think some people suggested he could have been captain.

SonyaCross493

Last season his goals was masking the other side of his game. Now he's not scoring as many goals it's exposed his limitations more. Which his limitations are massive for a midfielder to be fair.

he's 28 next year, he's not a kid. He should already be the finished article.

Donny or Lingard deserve a chance. You can't stay loyal to players who are letting you down. Fernandes to the bench.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
I know people will be livid at his defending for the first goal but let's face it Cancelo will cross with his left foot like once in a month so it was kind of unexpected.

JeffFromHK

He always stink in big games, it is a worrying for me. He only managed to score 1 deflected goal vs Liverpool as non-penalty goal in 16 premier league games vs Big6 so far.
Looks to be a flat track bully.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't think it was shocking defending. He just switched off a tiny bit which allowed Cancelo to get ahead of him. He should be more aware but it happens and the cross should have been dealt wirh and wasn't even threatening.

Bruno's bigger is that he's a 10 who can't really playmake. He's a final third impact player who at times feels like having another striker and in the modern game where you need to control the midfielder, that restricts you. For counter attack United he's perfect but our ambitions have to be greater and ideally he'd adapt to those ambitions (under a quality coach)

Ixion

It was a terrible attempt at defending for the first goal. It wasn't like it was the 90th minute and he was gassed, it is just lack of effort but you see it repeatedly, AWB does basically the same thing for the second goal.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I know people will be livid at his defending for the first goal but let's face it Cancelo will cross with his left foot like once in a month so it was kind of unexpected.
He gave him enough time to switch as well to be honest. Didn't seem to take the situation seriously enough.

GueRed

Yeah lets be honest he's another player who has been absymal in recent weeks.

Individually and collectively we've been utter dogshit.

Shark

@NotShark
Bingo.

Glorio

AWB is exposed in just about every game, so it's a coaching issue I reckon. Also, we routinely allow crosses in , Shaw does it and so does AWB - in fact, Shaw rarely bothers to get close unless the player is nearing our 18-yard box, they tend to focus more on congesting the box, maybe because we feel we have good height in there, only problem is that good players just need to get their angles right if their colleagues have good movement.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
His constant whinging and moaning on the pitch is starting to get a bit annoying.

People say he'd make a great captain, but I don't see how we'll gain favour with the refs when they have Bruno constantly moaning at them all game.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I feel for him. I feel for every attacking player in a game like this. What is he expected to do? Play box to box? Go back and create play? Poor guy, he has to play in front of players who don’t know how to pick up the ball from the back and build play up front. He was terrible today, but so was everyone else except de gea
You mean play both as an attacker and a defender like every player that plays for a top club does. Tired of people passing on blame around, it's either a player is performing right or he is not. This equivalent thing is rather annoying.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Surely we can’t go in on players for yesterday? We were never set up to give players like Bruno a chance yesterday? City were a great example of a system enabling the players. Our reactive system was the perfect foil for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.