5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

Bruno is going through a long poor spell. Tonight was pretty much the same slop we’ve seen all season.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We were told before he signed, the reason we hesitated to sign him was due to him being in careless possession. This is what he is, we overlook it when he plays well, but it really stands out when things aren't going for him. I think his suspension will do the team some good.

The_Midfielder

Playing too deep..
How do you play your.most lethal player so deep.. he should be closer to the goal

Valencia Shin Crosses

If Newcastle wanted to pay us 80m for him I’d bite their hand off. Becomes more and more obvious to me that he’s not the type of player that can thrive in a higher level of structure and system. He’s been great for us because it was all freelancing and giving him full reign to do whatever he wants in whatever space he wants. But he lacks any sort of positional discipline and has way too much of a gunslinger attitude in how he plays to be a reliable piece for a side aiming to compete against the top teams in the world.

Frustrating because when he’s on his game he combines creativity with goal scoring brilliantly, but he’s simply a style of player that isn’t good when he isn’t afforded that same leash in a more structured system.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Didn't realise he has as many yellow cards as goals. There's a good player in there, I just don't know if you can iron out his flaws now.

youngrell

In amongst the horrific, he still managed to play pretty much all our best passes of the night.

He tries to force things too much, as we know, but a lot of it is down to a lack of real alternative options.

And to be fair, I’d much prefer him trying to ping balls over the top compared to Maguire.

Skills

Snitch
He's like our Coutinho - just need Barcelona to come in and spend a £150m on him.

Irwin99

I wonder if Ole's somewhat haphazard style really was perfect for him and that other managers who want a more defined style would struggle with this guy. I mean we weren't exactly fending off the big European giants in buying him and he does lose the ball a lot.

I'm not knocking him as he's a very talented player and despite having a shite season so far he still has a respectable goals/assists tally; I just wonder if we're going forward and looking to dominate games if he's the right type of player.

Mr PG

When I watch Bruno… still our most intelligent player tonight still involved in the equalizer. Couple of times I’m trying wing he didn’t just cross it he paused and delayed a few milliseconds and found Ronaldo. Problem is if the strikers don’t score he gets 0 plaudits

Andersons Dietician

Weird because generally he was crap, picked up terrible positions didn’t make offers when he was needed but he played some absolutely cracking passes at times.

Andersons Dietician

I do not believe he'll ever be effective that far away from goal. We're not using his strengths and exposing his weaknesses.
Isn’t that where he predominantly played for Sporting which was what prompted us to buy him along with the numbers he was producing from a deeper position. It was only when he came to United that he started playing as a 10 or developed this thing where he just stays forward all the time.

Marwood

Isn’t that where he predominantly played for Sporting which was what prompted us to buy him along with the numbers he was producing from a deeper position. It was only when he came to United that he started playing as a 10 or developed this thing where he just stays forward all the time.
I didn't watch him at Sporting but he scored 33 goals in his last full season and was on track to do that again until we got him in Jan.

He can't have been playing as deep as he was tonight scoring those types of numbers.

SonyaCross493

Bruno is a spoofer. 1 good season wonder and he's turned shite. Constantly losing the ball, not keeping the team shape and gets too emotional and hot headed. No wonder Portugal manager doesn't trust him.

honestly we won't win any trophies with this clown. He's not a winner. Both him, Maguire and Rashford can improve or feck off. I don't care what you did before it's all about the present. And these 3 players keep avoiding criticism and avoiding getting dropped for some reason. The form of those 3 players are the main reason we are so shite this season.

Oldtraffordboy

Bruno is like your mate who plays a numbers game asking girls if they want a drink etc until one says yes.

Doesn't matter if it's on or not, if he tries it enough times he'll eventually get lucky.

Greck

If Newcastle wanted to pay us 80m for him I’d bite their hand off. Becomes more and more obvious to me that he’s not the type of player that can thrive in a higher level of structure and system. He’s been great for us because it was all freelancing and giving him full reign to do whatever he wants in whatever space he wants. But he lacks any sort of positional discipline and has way too much of a gunslinger attitude in how he plays to be a reliable piece for a side aiming to compete against the top teams in the world.

Frustrating because when he’s on his game he combines creativity with goal scoring brilliantly, but he’s simply a style of player that isn’t good when he isn’t afforded that same leash in a more structured system.
It's frustrating he has a natural aversion to simple passes. Loved how he played Sancho in beautifully but if a simple 5 meter pass were required there he'd look off Sancho and look to ping something to Ronaldo who might be sandwiched between two defenders. It'll get an assist en route to killing so many possessions. Worked with direct counters but when we're trying to become a team that can break down teams it's a bit of a burden. He needs to look at a player like Scholes who knew when to keep it simple and when to ping some utter ridiculous passes.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It's frustrating he has a natural aversion to simple passes. Loved how he played Sancho in beautifully but if a simple 5 meter pass were required there he'd look off Sancho and look to ping something to Ronaldo who might be sandwiched between two defenders. It'll get an assist en route to killing so many possessions. Worked with direct counters but when we're trying to become a team that can break down teams it's a bit of a burden. He needs to look at a player like Scholes who knew when to keep it simple and when to ping some utter ridiculous passes.
He plays completely brainless and without consequence. It's okay when that happens a bit in the final third because that's where you'd want to be trying to connect on crosses, shots, little passes etc. to create chances. But when he's doing this shite in the first 2/3 of the pitch hoofing these aimless long balls as if he were Pogba (when he's actually a bit shit at them), it just leads to the entire team getting spread thin and running ragged while he gives the ball away cheaply for the 20th time.

Valencia Shin Crosses

That’s kind of what he does. Previously it also came with a major goal threat. Which has completely dried up since we signed Ronaldo.
"It's what he does" just can't be an excuse at this point though. People excused it before because of the raw productivity he had (which some of it I think was volume based), but you can't be a player as talented as he is and just refuse to play within a structure for the team, which is what I saw tonight. He'll run and press a ton to show he's doing it, but it's generally very aimless and causes him to tire out 50 min in and then just leave the rest of the midfielders out to dry while he lazily picks the ball up on the counter to try his 10th long ball of the game to Rashford.

At a certain point he has to accept trying to play a tidy game and not getting to be hero Bruno, or he has to be dropped/sold to get someone in who will.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I wonder if Ole's somewhat haphazard style really was perfect for him and that other managers who want a more defined style would struggle with this guy. I mean we weren't exactly fending off the big European giants in buying him and he does lose the ball a lot.

I'm not knocking him as he's a very talented player and despite having a shite season so far he still has a respectable goals/assists tally; I just wonder if we're going forward and looking to dominate games if he's the right type of player.
I agree completely. He was the embodiment of Ole ball; the good and bad. Can create moments out of nothing, but wont give you any control. He's not alone in that respect. The likes of Rashford are the same. Too ill-disciplined to play in a more well drilled system.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In terms of use of the ball and general possession play, he's one of the worst attacking midfielders I have ever seen.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If I had to choose Bruno or a 36 year old Ronaldo - I will choose Bruno.

lysglimt

Scout
Thank God he is suspended - I am getting tired of watching him whine. Compare him to Cavani - who gets on the pitch, works his socks off and makes a difference.

Real Name

He just needs to play more calmly and settled and not to try every pass to be a Hollywood one. RR needs to find him a suitable position and he'll be our best player again.

gajender

He just needs to play more calmly and settled and not to try every pass to be a Hollywood one. RR needs to find him a suitable position and he'll be our best player again.
We are going nowhere as a Club if Fernandes is our best player .

Ixion

He was dropped for that one game by Carrick and that's it but he has been in very poor form for a couple of months now and needs a few games on the bench where he can come on for a good cameo and get that focus back.

GueRed

Bruno's been poor this season thus far...as have 5/6 other first teamers. Varane joined that list last night

When over half the team indivdually are below par you're not going to win many games in the Premier League

I sound like a broken record.

Ralf has his work cut out.

We go again etc

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just the Portugal Bruno Fernandes instead of the player we saw at our club when he joined.

GoldanoGraham

Hasnt actually put in a decent performance for a long time now. Think it’s a good thing he’s suspended for the next match as it’s clearly not happening for him at the moment and all he contributes is lost possession and lots of moaning.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So Rashford lost the ball 20 times in 90 mins and Sancho lost it 14 times in just 45.

It's no wonder Rashford is still getting in the team then despite being awful. The other guy is worse. He hasn't even got an assist in a United shirt yet. Incredibly poor signing.

Maybe the penalties for England are eating away at them both. Neither deserve to play right now. I'd play Elanga and bench them both.

KennyBurner

He loved and relished being our main man. He’s not anymore and his head has dropped.
He was still playing shite when he was our main man? What is so hard to understand that scoring a goal doesn't constitute a good performance. He loses the ball too much for a number 10.

Coops73

What has happened with Bruno? He’s been awful of late. His constant moaning is horrible to watch.

A game or 2 on the bench might do him good.

Status
Not open for further replies.