Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Playing too deep.
How do you play your most lethal player so deep? He should be closer to the goal.
He was asked to play deep due to Fred being inconsistent and our two central midfielders failed to create anything of note in the first half. Bruno was the only outfield player who showed any energy and passion. He lost the ball most due to him not passing sideways and backwards. Once he was asked to play deep United at least created a number of chances, unlike the first half.

What some call whinging, moaning I call it care and passion. Neville is a hypocrite if he calls anyone a moaner he together with Keane were massive moaners.

KeanoMagicHat

What has happened with Bruno? He’s been awful of late. His constant moaning is horrible to watch.

A game or 2 on the bench might do him good.
He can't play with Ronaldo, looks like how he does for Portugal with Ronaldo for years (rank average).

Sultan

Some of you guys have short memories. We are in Europe due to his performances since he joined. I reckon we would have finished mid-table both the previous 2 seasons without his goals and assists.

It was his midfield play that created the few chances yesterday. Some of his passes were correct just the forwards' players and our full-backs messed up time and again. You're pointing the blame in the wrong direction in my opinion with Bruno. He was also very good at the beginning of the season.

Nordmore

What has happened with Bruno? He’s been awful of late. His constant moaning is horrible to watch.

A game or 2 on the bench might do him good.
It's been said numerous times here I believe that Bruno is an average midfielder. He lacks the discipline to be a top one. But he's a world class deadly #10.

We've been playing him as a midfielder, sometime even as a defensive midfielder.

That's all imo.

MattofManchester

He needs to be the 10, with structure and organization behind and in front of him, which allows him freedom.

We haven't had that, and he's been a bit nuts in the same time period.

He's just smashing it up field because there's no pass on. I watched it again. Literally no player makes themselves available. They're all just jogging around. From the midfield to the wingbacks.

He's got the Pogba problem now of playing in a team that is too static.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

Seriously, what even are some of these 'passes'.

How can you build attacks when one your main attacking players just punts the ball into the stands every 5 mins.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Some of you guys have short memories. We are in Europe due to his performances since he joined. I reckon we would have finished mid-table both the previous 2 seasons without his goals and assists.

It was his midfield play that created the few chances yesterday. Some of his passes were correct just the forwards' players and our full-backs messed up time and again. You're pointing the blame in the wrong direction in my opinion with Bruno. He was also very good at the beginning of the season.
This is blatantly untrue. From January to the end of last season he scored three non penalty league goals, one in a 2-4 defeat to Liverpool and the other two in games we drew. He got four assists....two of which came in a 9-0 win.

His performances since January have been terrible, with a handful of good to great performances scattered here and there. Losing possession 26 times a game is ridiculous and harming the team, his attitude isn’t helping much but I don’t mind that too much, I’d rather that than being fine with playing shite but he needs to stop laying on the ground when he loses the ball and teams are countering. It’s unprofessional.

mu4c_20le

He's playing far too deep, he's not a Carrick ffs. He can do an accurate long ball every now and then, but his best passes are the killer balls that put the forwards through on goal.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He didn't come here just because he was some sort of pure Ozil like creative player -
He came here due to the amounts of goals he was scoring for Sporting Lisbon. Everyone was talking about it.

Everyone was loving how he was scoring for United and it was important for the team - the fact he was also creative in such a forward position which made the team more fluid for goals and caused penalties he would take aswell.

Now playing deeper than ever, Bruno is only a creator. No more playing in those positions that he can score goals - those forward positions he can play a gamble worthy pass that tricks the opposition. When he does it now, he is more likely to lose the ball to the opposition due to how deep he plays.

Miss my Forward version of Bruno.

JohnnyLaw

How can you build attacks when one your main attacking players just punts the ball into the stands every 5 mins.
He needs to be reigned in, based on Rangnicks comments on our performance yesterday there’s no way he can allow Bruno to continue playing the way he is.

Sultan

This is blatantly untrue. From January to the end of last season he scored three non penalty league goals, one in a 2-4 defeat to Liverpool and the other two in games we drew. He got four assists....two of which came in a 9-0 win.

His performances since January have been terrible, with a handful of good to great performances scattered here and there. Losing possession 26 times a game is ridiculous and harming the team, his attitude isn’t helping much but I don’t mind that too much, I’d rather that than being fine with playing shite but he needs to stop laying on the ground when he loses the ball and teams are countering. It’s unprofessional.
Maybe I'm watching a different game.

I still maintain he's been our best player by some distance since his signing. Yes, admittedly he has had spells of obscurity but that doesn't mean we forget his achievements and stats. You're selecting his worst spells in isolation to prove a point.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

That’s a car crash of a video....I can’t believe it’s from one game

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Maybe I'm watching a different game.

I still maintain he's been our best player by some distance since his signing. Yes, admittedly he has had spells of obscurity but that doesn't mean we forget his achievements and stats. You're selecting his worst spells in isolation to prove a point.
I’m saying he’s been largely shite for 12 consecutive months with some good/great games. How is that ‘isolation’ ? You said his goals/assists got us into Europe....ok I’ve omitted penalties but he didn’t win any of them himself or be involved in the play for them, and they have masked his terrible performances.

I’d argue you selected a good spell in isolation ‘start of the season’ to highlight your point. Other than the Leeds and Newcastle games he’s been dreadful in most of the other games from memory although it’s not too difficult to actually check.

Idxomer

The bit at the 64th minute sums up the problem with him.

It's not about taking risks, he's scared of any physical confrontation that he gets rid of the ball as quickly as possible.

Sultan

I’m saying he’s been largely shite for 12 consecutive months with some good/great games. How is that ‘isolation’ ? You said his goals/assists got us into Europe....ok I’ve omitted penalties but he didn’t win any of them himself or be involved in the play for them, and they have masked his terrible performances.

I’d argue you selected a good spell in isolation ‘start of the season’ to highlight your point. Other than the Leeds and Newcastle games he’s been dreadful in most of the other games from memory although it’s not too difficult to actually check.
Can you kindly point to any of my posts where I have said "start of the season" anywhere?

Football debate is about opinions and if you think you're correct that's fine. You don't need to make up anything I have said to win an internet debate.

SER19

We've broken him. A high energy, spirited player, albeit with limitations, thrown in among so many absolute soft touch, lazy, unmotivated, well, losers

RussellWilson

Really?

I think I may need a timeout from this thread for my sanity.
He's been awful all season pretty much and seems undroppable.

So being forced out may be the best thing for all including Bruno.

Sultan

He's been awful all season pretty much and seems undroppable.

So being forced out may be the best thing for all including Bruno.
There's not been any outfield player who has impressed over the season on a consistent basis.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really?

I think I may need a timeout from this thread for my sanity.
A lot of people were happy when Carrick dropped him from the starting line up. He ended up having to come on to change the game for us. :lol:

RussellWilson

There's not been any outfield player who has impressed over the season on a consistent basis.
So maybe giving those that haven't had a run of games more then a half to impress might be a good idea?

Instead of consistently rewarding terrible performances with more starts.

What happened to earning your place in the team?

NewYorkRed

I swear people on this forum will have a go at anybody and are so reactive. Bruno is world class. He wasn’t great yesterday, but even then he had a few killer balls out to the right. I don’t think the 4222 is suiting him or the team tbh. The attack just has not clicked in it and he is a victim of that just like others right now. Hopefully Rangnick sees it and makes a change.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We should play him as shadow striker instead, he can score goals and his final ball is very good at times.

But he isn’t a good attacking midfielder to me, he can’t keep possession and he isn’t the type of midfielder who will pull things together and keep our midfield in shape. In other words, he doesn’t offer us much on what we need most in midfield.

Sylar

We will never build attacks and momentum with him because it's always a Hollywood ball.
Its a shame he doesn't have the balance to know when we need to keep the ball and keep the opposition on the back foot.

I have no issue with him trying to create a chance but he does it from everywhere on the pitch no matter odds of it being successful

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I am wondering if Rangnick gives him any kind of instructions to play some more simple passes and do the basics right. Does not seem to be the case.

Mike Smalling

That final one :lol:

It's nothing new, really, but yesterday was worse than usual. He also usually has a goal or an assist to make up for it - yesterday it was only the ball to Dalot for the goal, but that was nothing special. Like a lot of the player he needs to sort himself out.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It pisses me off that they're always looking for Hollywood balls and they're desperate to get rid instead of driving with it or passing it around until the opening is there. I think that's a problem of the whole team though, not just Bruno. They don't even want to do the basics and look after the ball.

James Peril

We've broken him. A high energy, spirited player, albeit with limitations, thrown in among so many absolute soft touch, lazy, unmotivated, well, losers
If the others are losers, and I guess you include Ronaldo, Varane, Pogba et al among these losers, then surely he is one too. I have never seen such twattish body language and petulance, he acts like a 12 year old who doesn't get his way during training. I was like that, then I became older and realized how idiotic that looked. Fernandes isn't a winner because he shouts and gesticulates a lot, in fact he's a sore loser and detrimental to team spirit when he acts like a twerp. His ability really doesn't match his body language and gestures. To use Mourinho's words, he isn't a consistent top player, he is a moments player. Scores one day, absolutely crap the next and far from the world-class player some on here claim he is, just like Shaw, Maguire and insert player(s) here.

Marwood

Thank God he is suspended - I am getting tired of watching him whine. Compare him to Cavani - who gets on the pitch, works his socks off and makes a difference.
You can't say Bruno doesn't work hard or make a difference.

As poor as he was he finished the game looking knackered and still probably played the best 3 passes of the game.

RussellWilson

You can't say Bruno doesn't work hard or make a difference.

As poor as he was he finished the game looking knackered and still probably played the best 3 passes of the game.
I could make a decent pass as well if I made 29 other attempts that failed horribly.

Make 3 good passes and losing the ball every other time isn't good.

Marwood

I could make a decent pass as well if I made 29 other attempts that failed horribly.

Make 3 good passes and losing the ball every other time isn't good.
You probably couldn't but I know what you mean.

But my point was its unfair to suggest he isn't working hard or having any kind of impact.

Despite his general form being poor Bruno will give you wirkrate and some sort of impact.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I think he would look better in the top 2 in the 4-2-2-2 in a shadow striker / second striker type of role. He'll be able to drop deep and bring the number 10s into play, be able to play 1-2s with the number 9, or shoot from distance.

The number 10 role in the 4-2-2-2 doesn't suit him, neither does it when he drifts wide and spaffs random passes / crosses.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Can you kindly point to any of my posts where I have said "start of the season" anywhere?

Football debate is about opinions and if you think you're correct that's fine. You don't need to make up anything I have said to win an internet debate.
Eh…..

The Substitute

Horrendous. And people point towards him being too deep. Don't you remember him basically roaming like a no9 for long strides under solskjaer, hugging the box - we we're outplayed even worse then.
His like a hybrid which fails in each both domains atm.

His been so bad for so long now. What's the point of justifying this crap due to performances literally a year ago!! Since December last year his been very very poor.

If you care about the team's performance now then stop haggling about his past achievements, it means absolutely nothing now. Needs to be dropped ASAP, and rather phase him in again

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s the biggest sore loser of the bunch. Whinging and crying all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.