5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

Let's stop the romance, shall we ? He has always been a risky passer who loses the ball very often. It might have been a fit under Ole because we never controlled games under Ole.

Do you think he can lose possession like that under Pep or any other manager ? He has to adjust his style . You just cannot keep trying for killer passes always and then lose the ball. It puts the rest of the team under serious pressure.
Facts.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Watching the two performances of Bruno and Maddison this week really makes me wonder how many other footballers of that ilk could produce Bruno level 'chance creation' if they were given no pressure to not give the ball away perpetually.

He has absolutely no regard for maintaining possession, and it appears he has no pressure whatsoever to consider the sensible option. He's losing the ball almost 1 in every 4 times he touches it - which is absurd for a player who is often our main outlet.

For all the stats being (correctly?) brought up about Bruno's creativity, I do wonder how much of it just that he's a very good footballer who has been given permission to basically f*ck about with silly through balls all match. I have no doubt a De Bruyne, Maddison etc could probably create as many chances if they were allowed to needlessly waste every other pass.

He needs to adapt to a system that isn't entirely reliant on him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I disagree largely on the whining. I think we want a team of bad losers. We’ve got a team of good losers. What we also need is good performances though.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
while I agree he is wasteful at times, he also has had by far the biggest impact of any player we have signed since fergie era.

without him, no chance we got the champions league the last two seasons. He hasn’t just scored a goal, his numbers are insane and they don’t lie.
Addressed this for last season alread. It’s absolute bollocks

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah people who point to that game don't seem to understand how much differently Bruno played when he came on than the shower of shite he showed yesterday. He controlled that game as soon as he came on and played within the framework of the team, but he seemingly refuses to put in similar performances even though he's capable. That's what everyone has a problem with.
I wonder what kinda video sessions they do at our club

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We've stuck him on the wing, asked him to chuck in random crosses and started playing a weak unathletic fullback behind him. No wonder it's going to shit.

No coincidence that as soon as he went into CM 2nd half he started creating chances again. He played 2/3 fantastic balls out to Dalot and Sancho which created 2 goal scoring chances.

It's quite clear though Ronaldo signing has pushed him over the edge. He was always a try hard before, now he's playing even more fired up and over doing things, he needs to calm down.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It’s not. Everything ran through him and he bailed us out multiple times. Without his numbers the team would of far worse off!
Ok…..

This is blatantly untrue. From January to the end of last season he scored three non penalty league goals, one in a 2-4 defeat to Liverpool and the other two in games we drew. He got four assists....two of which came in a 9-0 win.

His performances since January have been terrible, with a handful of good to great performances scattered here and there. Losing possession 26 times a game is ridiculous and harming the team, his attitude isn’t helping much but I don’t mind that too much, I’d rather that than being fine with playing shite but he needs to stop laying on the ground when he loses the ball and teams are countering. It’s unprofessional.

Devil may care

He was better when he dropped deeper in the second half but overall he's looked out of sorts for a while.

Crashoutcassius

he hasn't looked good while the team has looked poor this season

he hasn't looked good playing as an inside winger in a pressing system that is working very badly

he will be fine once ralf sorts the team performance out and finds a role for him, or else we will move him on in favour of a more workmanlike player

Chief123

My bad. My apologies, mate.

Still think Bruno has been our best player since joining. That's not even up for debate.
I accept Bruno isn’t in the best of form and to some extent we’ve been spoilt by his sensational form when he first signed for us.

But some of the criticism here is just so short termism.

I literally just saw yesterday on MNF that Bruno is the player that has created the most chances in the premier league more than any other player this year. That includes every city and Liverpool player in teams that have been scoring goals for fun.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What about his 6 assists in this years CL?

Ronaldo gets love for scoring in that competition but people hardly talk about Bruno's influence.

Ronaldo has been average/below average in the PL, which then also makes sense for the CAM playing as a creative option than a goalscoring one.

Then in the CL where Ronaldo does have form - Bruno is picking him out.

kagawa_mufc

Yes Bruno has been poor lately but i think part of it is also because of how poor other players around him are at creating chances. We play with 2 mids who hardly create any chance, we play with wide players of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho. First 2 of them always look to score themselves rather than passing, while Sancho is just trying to get hold in PL, before Ralf we were playing with 2 FBs who also don't create any chance so i think he takes it upon himself (or manager ask him to) to always look to create chance even if it's a very low percentage hollywood ball.

Since Ralf his position has also changed and also it seems there's a clear direction from the manager to look for quick forward passes rather than doing sideways passes. That also is affecting the entire offense in last 3-4 games, while we have been proactive and better defensively, offensively we have been worse since we just seem to be looking for quick forward balls and losing possession quickly as a result.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What about his 6 assists in this years CL?

Ronaldo gets love for scoring in that competition but people hardly talk about Bruno's influence.

Ronaldo has been average/below average in the PL, which then also makes sense for the CAM playing as a creative option than a goalscoring one.

Then in the CL where Ronaldo does have form - Bruno is picking him out.
You seem to be in every thread ranting about Ronaldo, when Ronaldo scores you want credit for Bruno….When he doesn’t you want it to absolve Bruno. Despite the fact that of Ronaldo’s six CL goals….four have been set up by other players….it’s bizarre.

The reason I imagine Bruno isn’t getting more credit for his CL assists is his performances have been generally poor. If he’d played well and got assists it would certainly be viewed more favourably. Also assists can be variable in terms of quality. Some are crosses that end up finding the way to a player somehow who finishes. Some are great passes or backheels. Not all deserve to be highlighted. As an example against Leicester Bruno got an assist for a two yard pass to Mason who went on to hit the top corner from 30 yards. You can’t give the assist Bruno got for Maguires goalv Atalanta the same weight as his assist to Rashford in that game. Then you’ve got performance on top of that.

Even though Ronaldo is absolutely eating you up inside, you must surely see the difference between setting up a chance a finishing it? Especially when the goals Ronaldohas scored have been so significant in terms of importance.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I accept Bruno isn’t in the best of form and to some extent we’ve been spoilt by his sensational form when he first signed for us.

But some of the criticism here is just so short termism.

I literally just saw yesterday on MNF that Bruno is the player that has created the most chances in the premier league more than any other player this year. That includes every city and Liverpool player in teams that have been scoring goals for fun.
He signed two years ago and has been in poor form since January.

As for chance creation…..two things I’d say on that :-

1. We don’t generally create good chances, at all, so I’d like really to see the chances he’s created that gives him the total, and perhaps measure that against the other players on the list. Quality vs quantity.

2. He’s given the ball away around 50 times in our last two matches, trying repeatedly to create a chance. In which case some attempts are likely to come off to varying degrees.

If you’re giving the ball away that often you need to be creating massive chances, he’s not registered an assist since October and has only three league assists all season, seven all calendar year, one of his assists this season being a two yard pass to Mason who hit the top corner from 30 yards.

So I don’t really care much for chance creation, given the impact his performances are having on the team currently and the fact he’s constantly pinging hero balls that aren’t leading to chances and giving up possession.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think starting donny might be a good choice because as drab as be may be at least he brings in a certain degree of calmness and recycling ability, and also seemed to have a very nice rapport with Ronaldo who I think really can use some more measured passing

People are really turning on Bruno and resorting to revisionism at times and his contribution is really getting overlooked, he was the only player who was capable of actually enforcing a creative play style and aggressive play but those very tendencies have became his achlies heel , he tries to force in everything and utterly incapable of recycling possession and so bring this very traits to the team as we become so overly devoid of calmness and its especially detrimental when we are trailing

He seems to be really upset as well easily becoming flustered and as clichéd as it is I really think he needs to take it easy it'll do him much good

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He is such a one touch wanker. You know the guy you play with who every time he gets the ball it's either a backheel, a through ball, a chip. He's the anti Scholes/pirlo, no concept of game tempo.

He plays a key offensive role in our team and Ralf has to find a way to make him play better or get him on the bench.

Last edited:

Pronewbie

Peep
He is such a one touch walker. You know the guy you play with who every time he gets the ball it's either a backheel, a through ball, a chip. He's the anti Scholes/pirlo, no concept of game tempo.

He plays a key offensive role in our team and Ralf has to find a way to make him play better or get him on the bench.
Having an old-Giggs type in the CAM role is fine as long as we have a deep lying playmaker to dictate the tempo and is competent defensively. Right now we lack a reliable outlet when building up / recycling the ball so everything is about taking huge risks.

Pogba is not the solution. IMO most of our problems point to our central midfield. I hope Rangnick has a solution for this in January.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How many times is it acceptable to lose the ball per game?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You seem to be in every thread ranting about Ronaldo, when Ronaldo scores you want credit for Bruno….When he doesn’t you want it to absolve Bruno. Despite the fact that of Ronaldo’s six CL goals….four have been set up by other players….it’s bizarre.

The reason I imagine Bruno isn’t getting more credit for his CL assists is his performances have been generally poor. If he’d played well and got assists it would certainly be viewed more favourably. Also assists can be variable in terms of quality. Some are crosses that end up finding the way to a player somehow who finishes. Some are great passes or backheels. Not all deserve to be highlighted. As an example against Leicester Bruno got an assist for a two yard pass to Mason who went on to hit the top corner from 30 yards. You can’t give the assist Bruno got for Maguires goalv Atalanta the same weight as his assist to Rashford in that game. Then you’ve got performance on top of that.

Even though Ronaldo is absolutely eating you up inside, you must surely see the difference between setting up a chance a finishing it? Especially when the goals Ronaldohas scored have been so significant in terms of importance.
Oh right so Ronaldo's performances have been good whether he has scored a goal or not.

Got ya.

I rant about Ronaldo because there is people like you who he can sleep with your partner and you still won't blame them.

Bruno has been poor relative to his normal United performances but performing relative to his Portugal performances which is not a surprise - either way every player has been poor this season except De Gea but yet Bruno is one thst continues to perform to atleast a sub optimal level.

Pronewbie

Peep
I think starting donny might be a good choice because as drab as be may be at least he brings in a certain degree of calmness and recycling ability, and also seemed to have a very nice rapport with Ronaldo who I think really can use some more measured passing

People are really turning on Bruno and resorting to revisionism at times and his contribution is really getting overlooked, he was the only player who was capable of actually enforcing a creative play style and aggressive play but those very tendencies have became his achlies heel , he tries to force in everything and utterly incapable of recycling possession and so bring this very traits to the team as we become so overly devoid of calmness and its especially detrimental when we are trailing

He seems to be really upset as well easily becoming flustered and as clichéd as it is I really think he needs to take it easy it'll do him much good
The goldfish memory of football fans is astounding. His 2nd half cameo against Villareal showed his class. But yes he does seem the temperamental sort (like Ronaldo) and it's a real pity Carrick's left the club because he seems to have a knack for managing these sorts.

The jury is still out for Rangnick. He certainly doesnt have a track record for managing big egos at big clubs. IMO it's what we need to tide us by for the rest of the season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

united for life

I disagree largely on the whining. I think we want a team of bad losers. We’ve got a team of good losers. What we also need is good performances though.
i always say he is an old school player in that aspect. He takes it personal when he loses and we really need that. Players these day lose, shake hands and go dance on instagram. We need players to care more.

he is one of the best creators in the league, but has struggled with possession, but whi hasnt? Probably having someone like vdb start would help organise all of this. I dont know why managers keep overlooking him!

to add, it is obvious he isnt enjoying 4222. He’s playing out of position in a team that is anyway struggling to implement the tactics

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
If Bruno is losing possession, below post and few others posts in negative tone.

If Pogba is losing possession

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/paul-pogba-2019-20-performances.448800/page-142#post-25359268
Pogba generally has around 85% possession when he plays. There’s a balance, everything has a scale and isn’t black and white.

Similarly when Bruno was recording high numbers of goals and assists very few were pointing at his turnovers of possession.

Any player regularly losing possession 25 times a game with the same ball on repeat, when it isn’t on, will be criticised for it. If Bruno sorts his game out and finds a balance he will still be amongst the highest for turnovers because that is what creative players will always be....but at the minute the balance isn’t right with Bruno....it’s way off.

Pogbas balance has always been better in terms of keeping it simple and playing the killer ball, it’s why he has less impact overall.

If you disagree that’s fine, perhaps I’ll go searching around other threads and post what you wrote 18 months ago about a different player in a different context. You seem to do that regular.

Weird.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
i always say he is an old school player in that aspect. He takes it personal when he loses and we really need that. Players these day lose, shake hands and go dance on instagram. We need players to care more.

he is one of the best creators in the league, but has struggled with possession, but whi hasnt? Probably having someone like vdb start would help organise all of this. I dont know why managers keep overlooking him!

to add, it is obvious he isnt enjoying 4222. He’s playing out of position in a team that is anyway struggling to implement the tactics
I think Neville has a personal issue with Ronaldo for some weird reason, but had to throw Bruno into the mix for the first time otherwise it would become obvious. It’s a shame for Bruno that he was caught in the crossfire.

Other than his lying on the floor when he doesn’t get the foul, I’ve no issue with him being upset when we lose or giving players a volley when they mess up. Every single one of them should be big enough to take it. We need more winners in the squad for me.

TsuWave

People crowned this guy Cantona II and are now struggling to come to terms with evidence that maybe he’s not that. He has been rubbish for a while now

Bestietom

26 misplaced passes against Newcastle. He hasn't played a decent game since Ronaldo came back and is trying to find him with passes, when Greenwood or Rashford are in better positions. No wonder these young players feel down right now.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
So it wasnt just fatigue that had in poor form last season as well?

He's easily good enough to be a starter in a title winning side, however he needs to really become more of a team player instead of the hero ball. It would help if Sancho and Rashford played at their best.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Pogba generally has around 85% possession when he plays. There’s a balance, everything has a scale and isn’t black and white.

Similarly when Bruno was recording high numbers of goals and assists very few were pointing at his turnovers of possession.

Any player regularly losing possession 25 times a game with the same ball on repeat, when it isn’t on, will be criticised for it. If Bruno sorts his game out and finds a balance he will still be amongst the highest for turnovers because that is what creative players will always be....but at the minute the balance isn’t right with Bruno....it’s way off.

Pogbas balance has always been better in terms of keeping it simple and playing the killer ball, it’s why he has less impact overall.

If you disagree that’s fine, perhaps I’ll go searching around other threads and post what you wrote 18 months ago about a different player. Weird.
Go ahead and find it, like praising player for losing possession and then blaming players for losing possession based on which player I like. Even when these irrelevant stats was posted, I said the stat is useless as creative players always top this, even today I say the same. I don't change my posts based on which player is losing possession.

Anyways, to the actual point.

This was when KdB was arguably best player in PL. He played 29 games worth mins, on an average he lost possession 23 times every game.

2019-20 season stats
https://en.as.com/resultados/futbol/inglaterra/2019_2020/ranking/jugadores/perdidas-de-posesion/

KdB lost possession 23 times every game. TAA lost it even more, he lost around 1000+ times in a season. Doubt Liverpool fans care about that as long as he creates chances.

Usually these stats are topped by creative players or if I go with your logic, then team's best player.

Also disagree about Pogba, he always got lot of shit for not keeping it simple and losing possession. But keeping it simple is not something you should expect from Pogba, especially when he was the team's main creative player. He averaged around 18 in possession lost per game (and he was CM) and this was during his best season.

Here are some of the posts on Pogba from 2018-19 season.
– Pogba was dispossessed 89 times in the Premier League last season. Only five players (Wilf Zaha, Mo Salah, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Josh King and Richarlison) were dispossessed more frequently.

– Pogba lost possession 602 times in the Premier League last season. Only 12 players lost possession more often.

– Only 10 outfield players had more failed passes than Pogba (355) in the Premier League last season.

Anyways it's good that is suspended, hopefully will be dropped too. Bruno, Rashford, Maguire doesn't deserve to start going by their form.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Oh right so Ronaldo's performances have been good whether he has scored a goal or not.

Got ya.

I rant about Ronaldo because there is people like you who he can sleep with your partner and you still won't blame them.

Bruno has been poor relative to his normal United performances but performing relative to his Portugal performances which is not a surprise - either way every player has been poor this season except De Gea but yet Bruno is one thst continues to perform to atleast a sub optimal level.
Oooh that’s one to tell the grandkids

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Neville, the biggest moan merchant has started a narrative. I have not known this to be an issue since yesterday.

Whinging can also be interpreted as caring.
There is a balance. Even when he's at fault you can see him gesticulating and berating teammates. For young players, that can be detrimental.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Go ahead and find it, like praising player for losing possession and then blaming players for losing possession based on which player I like. Even when these irrelevant stats was posted, I said the stat is useless as creative players always top this, even today I say the same. I don't change my posts based on which player is losing possession.

Anyways, to the actual point.

This was when KdB was arguably best player in PL. He played 29 games worth mins, on an average he lost possession 23 times every game.

2019-20 season stats
https://en.as.com/resultados/futbol/inglaterra/2019_2020/ranking/jugadores/perdidas-de-posesion/

KdB lost possession 23 times every game. TAA lost it even more, he lost around 1000+ times in a season. Doubt Liverpool fans care about that as long as he creates chances.

Usually these stats are topped by creative players or if I go with your logic, then team's best player.

Also disagree about Pogba, he always got lot of shit for not keeping it simple and losing possession. But keeping it simple is not something you should expect from Pogba, especially when he was the team's main creative player. He averaged around 18 in possession lost per game (and he was CM) and this was during his best season.

Here are some of the posts on Pogba from 2018-19 season.
– Pogba was dispossessed 89 times in the Premier League last season. Only five players (Wilf Zaha, Mo Salah, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Josh King and Richarlison) were dispossessed more frequently.

– Pogba lost possession 602 times in the Premier League last season. Only 12 players lost possession more often.

– Only 10 outfield players had more failed passes than Pogba (355) in the Premier League last season.

Anyways it's good that is suspended, hopefully will be dropped too. Bruno, Rashford, Maguire doesn't deserve to start going by their form.
Do you ever post on player performance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.