5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

The “he hasn’t played well since Ronaldo” narrative has to be killed too. Guy was trash even before Ronaldo touched down here

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Go ahead and find it, like praising player for losing possession and then blaming players for losing possession based on which player I like. Even when these irrelevant stats was posted, I said the stat is useless as creative players always top this, even today I say the same. I don't change my posts based on which player is losing possession.

Anyways, to the actual point.

This was when KdB was arguably best player in PL. He played 29 games worth mins, on an average he lost possession 23 times every game.

2019-20 season stats
https://en.as.com/resultados/futbol/inglaterra/2019_2020/ranking/jugadores/perdidas-de-posesion/

KdB lost possession 23 times every game. TAA lost it even more, he lost around 1000+ times in a season. Doubt Liverpool fans care about that as long as he creates chances.

Usually these stats are topped by creative players or if I go with your logic, then team's best player.

Also disagree about Pogba, he always got lot of shit for not keeping it simple and losing possession. But keeping it simple is not something you should expect from Pogba, especially when he was the team's main creative player. He averaged around 18 in possession lost per game (and he was CM) and this was during his best season.

Here are some of the posts on Pogba from 2018-19 season.
– Pogba was dispossessed 89 times in the Premier League last season. Only five players (Wilf Zaha, Mo Salah, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Josh King and Richarlison) were dispossessed more frequently.

– Pogba lost possession 602 times in the Premier League last season. Only 12 players lost possession more often.

– Only 10 outfield players had more failed passes than Pogba (355) in the Premier League last season.

Anyways it's good that is suspended, hopefully will be dropped too. Bruno, Rashford, Maguire doesn't deserve to start going by their form.
Indeed, it's nothing more than a headline number when used on it's own. It does not tell you how the possession was lost, where it was lost, it's importance to the game, how it relates to the play style of a team or even how well a player performed.
That season KDB averaged 23 losses per game City got 100 points.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Indeed, it's nothing more than a headline number when used on it's own. It does not tell you how the possession was lost, where it was lost, it's importance to the game, how it relates to the play style of a team or even how well a player performed.
Exactly. TAA averaged 30 times per game and they won league with 99 points that season. Usually the risk takers tops this list, if player is topping list without creating chances then it's a problem.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Exactly this

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Bruno reminds me of Russel Westbrook for those who follow the NBA. He'll rack up stats(which he doesn't even do these days, especially after being taken away from pens) but he isn't playing winning football/basketball.

The way things played out when Bruno came, everything was set up for him to succeed while the team wasn't playing football that'll constantly win you games.

Allowing a player to lose the ball over and over again because he might eventually pull off a stunning pass that create a goal was always the wrong way to play football. It was good for Bruno though, given he's given carte blanche to try and increase his stats while the team isn't necessarily always benefitting from that.

Last game when his first play was to give the ball away when he could have just easily made a simple pass instead was as predictable as it got to me. The man simply can't keep possession, doesn't know when to keep it simple, always rushing and many low IQ, terrible plays in short bursts. Football version of Westbrook.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
@Jeppers7 - you’ve been absolutely merked there pal. Hypocrisy at its finest.
Sorry how is it hypocrisy to make an observation on a statistic? Is it not typically the case that those statistic charts are typically topped by top players?

I’m not sure how this is relevant to an assessment of Bruno’s form? Nobody posted a statistic chart? Certainly not me.

Simply because I stated that the top players tend to top a chart that was posted nearly two years ago, I can’t comment on Bruno’s performance on Tuesday?

Any other weirdo who wants to trawl through enough threads will undoubtedly find some actual contradictions. I’ve posted in this thread that I’ve no problem with Bruno’s attitude...however if you look back far enough through enough threads I’ve probably criticised a player for moaning in the past.

I’m not sure who’s weirder, the crank who looked through enough threads to find something completely unrelated or you for thinking it’s hypocrisy in its finest and I’ve been ‘merked’ (what a word)

roonster09

Scout
Sorry how is it hypocrisy to make an observation on a statistic? Is it not typically the case that those statistic charts are typically topped by top players?

I’m not sure how this is relevant to an assessment of Bruno’s form? Nobody posted a statistic chart? Certainly not me.

Simply because I stated that the top players tend to top a chart that was posted nearly two years ago, I can’t comment on Bruno’s performance on Tuesday?

Any other weirdo who wants to trawl through enough threads will undoubtedly find some actual contradictions. I’ve posted in this thread that I’ve no problem with Bruno’s attitude...however if you look back far enough through enough threads I’ve probably criticised a player for moaning in the past.

I’m not sure who’s weirder, the crank who looked through enough threads to find something completely unrelated or you for thinking it’s hypocrisy in its finest and I’ve been ‘merked’ (what a word)
You don't have to go search in every thread(maybe dumb people do that), there is a search function and it works beautifully to expose hypocrisy.

Posts and logics are based on which player you like and you don't, as simple as that. Stop crying.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
@Jeppers7 - you’ve been absolutely merked there pal. Hypocrisy at its finest.
It's ok lose possession and can twist it into positive stat, as long as it's Pogba or other player he likes. This player FC is twitter like, maybe most of the posts are copied from these player FC accounts.

Fahad Jawaid

I think the best way to minimize his wastefulness is to play him just behind Ronaldo as part of 4-2-3-1 or play him alongside Ronaldo. I trust him to find Ronaldo more than Rashford or Greenwood, although he will lose possession but it would be less costlier as its closer to opposition goal as against him losing it at half way line or on the wing.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You don't have to go search in every thread(maybe dumb people do that), there is a search function and it works beautifully to expose hypocrisy.

Posts and logics are based on which player you like and you don't, as simple as that. Stop crying.
Or it’s based on a players performance, individually game to game and at times over a period of time (form).

Making an observation on a chart, that typically the best players top those kind of charts isn’t relevant to anything other than an observation. From my experience the likes of KDB, Pogba etc are always around the top of those charts.

I’m not sure where I referred to a chart here and criticised Bruno, or in fact anywhere where I’ve said he isn’t a top player because he gives the ball away?

Ive criticised his performances over the past 12 months because they have been largely poor and part of that is his constant turnovers of the ball playing passes that weren’t on. But yes of course, because I said top players usually top those charts must mean that I could never again criticise anyone for playing countless poor passes.

Do you think you’re some kind of internet sleuth ? You’re just a weirdo.

roonster09

Scout
Or it’s based on a players performance, individually game to game and at times over a period of time (form).

Making an observation on a chart, that typically the best players top those kind of charts isn’t relevant to anything other than an observation. From my experience the likes of KDB, Pogba etc are always around the top of those charts.

I’m not sure where I referred to a chart here and criticised Bruno, or in fact anywhere where I’ve said he isn’t a top player because he gives the ball away?

Ive criticised his performances over the past 12 months because they have been largely poor and part of that is his constant turnovers of the ball playing passes that weren’t on. But yes of course, because I said top players usually top those charts must mean that I could never again criticise anyone for playing countless poor passes.

Do you think you’re some kind of internet sleuth ? You’re just a weirdo.
Post hypocritical posts, caught with pants down, move the goal posts and start throwing insults. Weird :lol: Stop crying,

El Jefe

Do you ever post on player performance ?
Hardly, much more interested in derailing threads with irrelevant back and forths. This is a common theme in threads of select players when they are performing poorly.

redcafe_reader

Bruno obviously is our best playmaker still. I just hope he doesn't feel too comfortable as his form has been pretty bad for a while, maybe some competition will do him good.

roonster09

Scout
Hardly, much more interested in derailing threads with irrelevant back and forths. This is a common theme in threads of select players when they are performing poorly.
Here comes the other one :lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s on ignore now anyway so that should help with derailments.

If I’d said for example ‘Bruno can’t be considered a top player because he’s at the top of a turnover chart’ fair enough that’s hypocrisy. Hunting for something that isn’t relevant at all and posting it....pointless stuff.

Im 100% certain you could find some hypercritical posts if you looked hard enough, it’s football. There’s things that I’d let slide for Ronaldo or Scholes Keane etc that I wouldn’t for McT for sure.

If I’m not in here giving credit to Bruno (Cavani or whoever) when he plays well....call me out. Other than that I reserve the right to go into player performance threads and discuss their performance. Good or bad. I won’t have some weirdo tell me what I can or can’t post and who I like and dislike.

Rant over :lol:

roonster09

Scout
If I’m not in here giving credit to Bruno (Cavani or whoever) when he plays well....call me out
fecking hell, you really are weirdo with 0 self awareness :lol:

I didn't tell which player you should like or dislike, not sure if dumbness is real or you are just playing that role. This is internet forum there you call out posts if you think that are hypocritical, if you don't want people to quote or question your posts then post a blog with comments turned off.

RuudTom83

The creative part of football it’s a lot harder than the defensive side.

Expecting him to provide an assist or goal a game was never going to last a 3rd season. He needs rotating more…let Lingard/Sancho/Donny take his place for a few games.

The whole attacking line needs more rotation tbh.

Marwood

In this current formation I'd have thought he's best in the front 2. Give him licence to drop off a bit, sort of go where he wants in that area of the pitch.

Get him in or near the box, goals and assists will folllow. We know this.

Don't have your most creative player defending in the left back position.

roonster09

Scout
The creative part of football it’s a lot harder than the defensive side.

Expecting him to provide an assist or goal a game was never going to last a 3rd season. He needs rotating more…let Lingard/Sancho/Donny take his place for a few games.

The whole attacking line needs more rotation tbh.
I think he should be dropped, hopefully atleast Rangnick picks players based on form. There should be healthy competition for places. At the moment it's not there, atleast for few positions.

tomaldinho1

I think the key positive with him is we know he has a lot of quality but it’s about him finding a set role and probably understanding having less direct input (i.e. he can make less assists but be a better player) is important if it better the team.

I don’t think he can play in the attacking midfield slots in Ralf’s system, he’s not dynamic enough and those roles are essentially for really hard working wide players. He should either be in the CM pair, I actually don’t think Bruno + Fred would be that bad as long as it wasn’t against a really strong team or potentially he could play up top and then he’d naturally become more of a second striker anyway (which makes the most sense to me).

lost7

The formation doesn't suit him, but he's not played well for a lot longer than that so I don't think that's the main problem. I don't even believe the "Ronaldo stole his thunder" rhetoric, as for pretty much the second half of last season he was also very average (his performances weren't being scrutinised too much at the time because he was tired/overplayed).

I think the main issue is the same that afflicted a lot of players the moment they arrive here. They become inconsistent simply because the team/coaching is not up to par. Let's hope Rangnick can turn it around because on paper Bruno should suit his football philosophy to a t

Glorio

Needs to keep things simple and look to exploit openings when there's a decent probability of it coming off - patience basically, as he has the quality to take advantage when that happens if he calms down.

His current and last manager have an emphasis on playing quickly but he needs to realise it doesn't mean trying to make a goal with one single pass every time regardless of where he is.

Chief123

A long winded tangent because you got called out for double standards and hypocrisy. Just take the L and walk on.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
A long winded tangent because you got called out for double standards and hypocrisy. Just take the L and walk on.
Explain how making an observation on a chart, that top players usually top these charts, no further comment, is hypocritical to a critique on Bruno’s performance on Tuesday?

If you said two years ago that top players usually top turnover charts….you think that means you can’t criticise any player for giving the ball away ever.

There’s no L to take except the one you want to see. I’ve never even said Bruno isn’t a top player.

Move on.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I feel like he is a more 9.5 than a playmaker. His main asset is actually his end product and the more often he is in penalty box, the better. If he plays under Sir Alex traditional 442, we would see him play up front as supporting striker not in midfield four.

Nordmore

I think he should be dropped, hopefully atleast Rangnick picks players based on form. There should be healthy competition for places. At the moment it's not there, atleast for few positions.
He'll be imo.

In football there're two sides of a coin in setting up your team: rigid and freedom approach. Bruno is the type who thrives with freedom because his enormous flair. Ralf style is very rigid. So it's rather obvious that he'll eventually be dropped by Ralf imo. Unless there's big change in how he plays. Plus he's rather an average midfielder and he's been used as a midfielder.

I'm not saying Ralf style or Bruno style is bad. Generally with a more rigid aproach your team will be more organized, take less risk and thus become better defensively. But you'll be less likely to score because with less freedom generally your attacking players will be less creative and take less risk. Pro and cons.

Just the two won't work really well imo, at least theoretically. It also probably explains why things haven't clicked for Ralf yet. Our players are used to a lot of freedom under Ole. Now they have to play under a much more rigid system. It'll take them a while to get used to that. Some will some won't though.

Reactions: roonster09

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I dont know what happened to him, he plays like an old man whos skeptical towards the world due to an impotence.

SAFMUTD

He needs to be pushed, he's an amazing player capable of great things but he's been poor for a while. In any top team he would've been dropped already. We need competition for him, also the whining must stop.

It seems everytime he is dispossessed he's always yelling at the referee.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Remember before we signed him that we were apparently having reservations because of the amount of times he gave the ball away?

An out of form Bruno is rancid.

Ixion

He needs more time on the bench to find his form again. He had that one single game by Carrick but it's not enough, let him do a few supersub cameos to get his confidence back.

Andersons Dietician

He'll be imo.

In football there're two sides of a coin in setting up your team: rigid and freedom approach. Bruno is the type who thrives with freedom because his enormous flair. Ralf style is very rigid. So it's rather obvious that he'll eventually be dropped by Ralf imo. Unless there's big change in how he plays. Plus he's rather an average midfielder and he's been used as a midfielder.

I'm not saying Ralf style or Bruno style is bad. Generally with a more rigid aproach your team will be more organized, take less risk and thus become better defensively. But you'll be less likely to score because with less freedom generally your attacking players will be less creative and take less risk. Pro and cons.

Just the two won't work really well imo, at least theoretically. It also probably explains why things haven't clicked for Ralf yet. Our players are used to a lot of freedom under Ole. Now they have to play under a much more rigid system. It'll take them a while to get used to that. Some will some won't though.
Lets just take peps city and barca. Two teams that scored/score for fun. Actually I think one of peps City teams hold the record for most goals scored in a season at 106. Not really a team that is allowed freedom. They have roles and know what to do in a structured system allowing them to score a bucket load.

So I disagree with the premiss that he scores less due to us being more structured. As he played deeper for Sporting and still put up numbers. Simply he’s not in great form and he maybe isn’t exactly the player many thought he was.

Nordmore

Lets just take peps city and barca. Two teams that scored/score for fun. Actually I think one of peps City teams hold the record for most goals scored in a season at 106. Not really a team that is allowed freedom. They have roles and know what to do in a structured system allowing them to score a bucket load.

So I disagree with the premiss that he scores less due to us being more structured. As he played deeper for Sporting and still put up numbers. Simply he’s not in great form and he maybe isn’t exactly the player many thought he was.
I didn't say a rigid system can not score goals. Rather my point was with a more rigid system you'll be better defensively but you'll be less likely to score goals, as you should with a more freedom approach. But with a more freedom approach you'll be more likely to concede. Pro and cons, two sides of a coin. You become harder to beat, but you will score less than you should.

A prime example imo is Spain tiki taka when they won the World Cup. They were very hard to score against, but imo they scored very very little regarding all the attacking talents they got at their disposal. They won the tournament with a serie of 1-0 and they scored very few goals even against some very weak opponent if my memory serves me right.

A rigid system surely can score a lot of goals. It helps your team to be organized with clear patterns of play. But as it's also more predictable, and it takes less risk so in order to score generally you must execute your attacking movements really well, fast and precise so your opponent can't stop it even if they can predict it. In short, imo generally you'd need your players to be vastly superior than the ones you face in order to score a lot of goals with a very rigid system.

Once the gap is not that big imo you can't score that much. That prime Barca was a couple of levels above the rest so we should leave them out here imo. Let's talk about the current City. They're vastly superior against the smaller teams. But against the other top teams you can see they tend to score much less. Imo it's becaus the gap is not that big any more.

About Bruno, I didn't watch him back then at Sporting but a quick google at his time there:

First he was playing mainly as a CAM for Sporting. Second looking at the numbers you'd see his best GA rate was at CAM/SS, by a considerable distance against at CM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.