5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

Bit more I saw on fan YT channels was he's rejected an offer of £250k but there's still an offer of £400k on the table for Pogba.
Much of players salaries will be taken up with image rights. Looking like Bruno isn’t quite as profitable.

Mainoldo

Here we fecking go again, massive contract on the way despite not winning a fecking thing. Here's an idea, clear out all those on over £200k a week and tell the rest that if you want anything near £200k a week, win a PL or CL title, then we'll talk about paying you what the best players in the world get paid.

I'm not saying Bruno isn't deserving of an improved contract but this fecking madness has to stop at some point.
Agree with this. Let's hope the whole fanbase have the same mindset. These guys don't deserve more than £250k

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Here we fecking go again, massive contract on the way despite not winning a fecking thing. Here's an idea, clear out all those on over £200k a week and tell the rest that if you want anything near £200k a week, win a PL or CL title, then we'll talk about paying you what the best players in the world get paid.

I'm not saying Bruno isn't deserving of an improved contract but this fecking madness has to stop at some point.
Agreed, why would we stick Fernandes on £400k a week, when he hasn't won anything with us? It's even more stupid that we paid de Gea £375k a week and just when you think it can't get any worse, it turns out we offered Pogba even more than de Gea. Whoever is in charge of offering these moronic contracts needs firing out of a cannon into Salford Quays, along with anyone who approves it.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Goals change people's perspective of games, its why you would get shouted at in Bruno's performance thread for accusing him of being poor in many games last season. Fast forward to this season and his poor performances are much more obvious without goals.

I'm with you, outside of the goals he tried to remain disciplined but didn't really affect the game IMO. He started off ok but as the game wore on he looked like he had no clue on how to play the midfield role he was in. I'll take the Villa performance over many of his most recent games so I'm not complaining.
Seems we are similarly minded.

crossy1686

career ending
Agree with this. Let's hope the whole fanbase have the same mindset. These guys don't deserve more than £250k
Honestly, it’s madness. We’re going to lose the Pogba problem at the end of the season and replace it with a Bruno problem at this rate. What’s the fecking rush? Hasn’t he got like 3 or 4 seasons left on his current deal yet?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Still there are people who think one player controls the game when there are so many examples of inferior players controlling game vs stronger midfield because of manager.

crossy1686

career ending
Agreed, why would we stick Fernandes on £400k a week, when he hasn't won anything with us? It's even more stupid that we paid de Gea £375k a week and just when you think it can't get any worse, it turns out we offered Pogba even more than de Gea. Whoever is in charge of offering these moronic contracts needs firing out of a cannon into Salford Quays, along with anyone who approves it.
I just don’t get it. We’re never going to have any form of squad harmony if there’s massive disparity between player salaries. We’ve got players like McTomminay who genuinely want to play for the club and would do it for free, plays anywhere at any time. He’s not good enough but how do the squad players feel about these salaries that they’ll never obtain? You’re also telling them they’ll never play because we can’t afford to drop Bruno on that kind of salary, he simply has to play to ‘earn it’.

If this goes ahead we can kiss winning anything goodbye for a long, long time.

mctrials23

We should be running down these mega contracts to bring the wage ceiling down and if they don't want to sign on a new contract on lower wages then so be it. None of our players have justified a wage over £250k for years and even then, only DDG which was party a result of the general team performances being awful which made him even more vital.

Madness that we have a wage bill that is even close to the likes of City.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
We should be running down these mega contracts to bring the wage ceiling down and if they don't want to sign on a new contract on lower wages then so be it. None of our players have justified a wage over £250k for years and even then, only DDG which was party a result of the general team performances being awful which made him even more vital.

Ideally bring it into line with the likes of Spurs or Arsenal because that's the level we play at. Give bonuses if players can score goals and win trophies.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

It's going to plummet in the summer anyway.

Ronaldo
Pogba
Cavani
Martial
Mata
Lingard
Bailly

All off the books in a few months.

Water Melon

It's going to plummet in the summer anyway.

Ronaldo
Pogba
Cavani
Martial
Mata
Lingard
Bailly

All off the books in a few months.
I doubt Martial will leave as he is on big wages while his stock will drop even further. Ronaldo could be interesting if we do not get CL, and it is unlikely we will. Hopefully, you are right and we will have much more reasonable wage structure at the club next season.

romufc

DDG was immense for us under LVG and Jose, he almost single handedly took us to top 4 that year.

Bruno has done it for 12 months, from the January he signed until last January, since then his form has declined.

So for him to be asking for the same as top earners, forget about it, win United a trophy and we can talk.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He will be increased for sure. He is 28, best player in the team for last 2 seasons.

Think the club will offload big wages like Pogba, Mata, Martial and give him what he deserves

Mainoldo

He will be increased for sure. He is 28, best player in the team for last 2 seasons.

Think the club will offload big wages like Pogba, Mata, Martial and give him what he deserves
But he doesn’t deserve it though. That’s the problem. Gerrard single handed brought Liverpool home a CL. Our equivalent couldn’t even contribute to help us win a Europa league. But we want him taking on the free wages given up by Pogba and Cavani.

Don’t be the first to complain when we continue to not be successful fooling this stupid wage pattern.

KingCavani

But he doesn’t deserve it though. That’s the problem. Gerrard single handed brought Liverpool home a CL. Our equivalent couldn’t even contribute to help us win a Europa league. But we want him taking on the free wages given up by Pogba and Cavani.

Don’t be the first to complain when we continue to not be successful fooling this stupid wage pattern.
Nonsense.

Of course he deserves a raise on what he's on currently. Been one of the most productive players in the league since joining us and deserves to be in the upper echelon of earners. I can see him trying to force a move if he continues on his current wage while Rashford and Sancho make £250k a week plus. It's just completely ridiculous.

I think getting some of those higher earners off the books may quell his demands some but there's no way he'll be content on his current wages with what we're paying lesser talent.

Mainoldo

Nonsense.

Of course he deserves a raise on what he's on currently. Been one of the most productive players in the league since joining us and deserves to be in the upper echelon of earners. I can see him trying to force a move if he continues on his current wage while Rashford and Sancho make £250k a week plus. It's just completely ridiculous.

I think getting some of those higher earners off the books may quell his demands some but there's no way he'll be content on his current wages with what we're paying lesser talent.
He is getting a pay rise £250k.

If he’s not happy go earn more somewhere else. But who’s paying that and £80m + to
Buy him out of our contract. We have all the power which is great because these players need to stop treating this club like a rich Spurs.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He asks for 500, because Pogba at 400k, Martial is at 250k, Sancho 350k, Cavani and Martial both at 250k and barely contribute to the team.

So I wouldn't be surprised if his deep in form is partially linked to this.

romufc

He should not be anywhere near the reported amounts. 200k should be the highest wage we should be giving out without any silverware.

I don't care how much Rashford and the like earn, they are all mistakes that should not be offered another contract if we continue this way.

The only way any United player now deserves a pay rise over 200k is if we win big trophies.

Red_toad

People fussing about the wage structure should really think hard about where the cash goes when we ‘free’ up this excess cash.
I don’t think Bruno is in a strong negotiating position, he’s got a long time left on his deal and isn’t going to become a better player, as he’ll be well past his prime once his deal runs out. If the next boss wants him I’m sure there will be compromises from both sides.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's the rush to sign a new contract anyway? he has like 3 years left.

Anyway, no surprises that as soon as we move him back to the middle of the pitch, instead of stuck out wide, he starts being influential again.

Brentford 1:3 Man Utd

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I said if we're to salvage anything from this rotten season we need Bruno back on form! Let's hope this is it for him and us!

lost7

2 goals and 2 assists in the last 2 games, fantastic once again. Even his overall play has been decent, so let's hope he continues with this.

The chip at the end pissed me off, though

Phil

Pretty bad first half but really good for about 48 minutes there in that second half. Great to see him on the stats sheet again.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Couldn’t care less about the stupid miss at the dead.
He was composed, he dictated our attack, always found the right pass and got two assists.
He did what he’s supposed to do.

Amazing player.

Status
Not open for further replies.