Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
People turning against Bruno are mental, that's the truth. Calling him turkish league player etc.

He is absolute class and our most creative footballer with the best vision. Has all the attributes - spectacular pass, spectacular shot, good positioning.

He is going to set the world on fire with a proper team and proper midfield behind him.

lost7

World class player. I really hope he's central to our rebuild.
Let's not kid ourselves, this season he's not showed anything to be considered world class. World class is De Bruyne.

Bruno needs to become a lot more consistent to be called that (like he was in the first year with us)

Bwuk

Let's not kid ourselves, this season he's not showed anything to be considered world class. World class is De Bruyne.

Bruno needs to become a lot more consistent to be called that (like he was in the first year with us)
De Bruyne wouldn’t do any better in our current side.

I agree but De Bruyne has been average this season.

lost7

De Bruyne wouldn’t do any better in our current side.
What kind of argument is that? Bruno has not played well this season and of course a lot of that is down to the team being dysfunctional. But players are judged on performances, not on hypotheticals. And based on what he showed on the pitch this season, there is no way Bruno has been world class, not even close.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Was good today. Lovely finish for the second.

what’s happened to his passing? It’s so awry these days.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Good to have the non Portugal version of Bruno again.

Whilst our defence let us down, I was enjoying our attack much more yesterday. Felt it was back to the - any player may score - aspect that i like, be it Elanga, Greenwood or Bruno.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Scoring 2 goals as soon as Ronaldo is away, coincidence?
Bruno would probably work better with a CF who puts in a bigger shift and creates space for him either through hold up play or runs in behind. Ronaldo and Bruno give us the same headache that Pogba and Bruno did. The latter two was too attacking a two some with not enough ball retention between them. Ronaldo and Bruno effectively leave us with two attackers with one working hard but usually too far forward and the other who just wants to score. For me Bruno has to become more of a midfielder and we do need a more complete CF who works hard and well with those around him. So ideally a tweaked Bruno with a new CF.

Nordmore

I'm absolutely amazed by his performance yesterday. Not because of the goals he scored but how composed, disclipned and how he read the game.

There's only a single instance of old Bruno trying a Hollywood pass toward Dalot and failed. The camera immediately switched to Ralf and he looked really annoyed because of that. Other than that it was a top midfield performance imo. The last 15' he was clearly knackered, as everybody else in the team so I don't judge him in that 15'.

I was of the opinion that Bruno would be eventually phased out by Ralf. Because Ralf style is very rigid and imo Bruno lacks the required discipline. But he simply proved me wrong after last match. Fantastic game and a proper captain performance I must say.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Crazy talk.

Viva la Bruno.

Ixion

Played very well for most of the game, good to see. Great finish for the 2nd.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Bruno would probably work better with a CF who puts in a bigger shift and creates space for him either through hold up play or runs in behind. Ronaldo and Bruno give us the same headache that Pogba and Bruno did. The latter two was too attacking a two some with not enough ball retention between them. Ronaldo and Bruno effectively leave us with two attackers with one working hard but usually too far forward and the other who just wants to score. For me Bruno has to become more of a midfielder and we do need a more complete CF who works hard and well with those around him. So ideally a tweaked Bruno with a new CF.
Yep, Bruno and Ronaldo is pretty similar to Rooney-RvP. Old RvP couldn't hold the ball half as good as before, and was very slow.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I posted this elsewhere, but I’m scratching my head a little at some of the extreme praise for Bruno.

Whilst it is somewhat churlish to criticise a player who scored a brace, ultimately the goalkeeper dropping a dolly over the goal line was a big part of that. The second goal was very well taken, but Bruno actually otherwise had quite the quiet game for him. Those were his only two shots in the match and he only create a single chance for a teammate. We’re being a bit results oriented if we think yesterday was a rebirth of Bruno Fernandes.

He’s had plenty of far more productive and influential matches on this barren goalscoring run than he did yesterday.

Pickle85

Bruno has 5 goals now in 4 games in the league without Ronaldo, 2 goals in 14 with Ronaldo.
Yeah, it's tricky at this point to see how we can get the best out of both at the same time. A shame as they're both quality on their day.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Bruno has 5 goals now in 4 games in the league without Ronaldo, 2 goals in 14 with Ronaldo.
Scored a hat trick in the first game of the season and his first goal yesterday only goes in 1/1000. To suggest he can’t score goals with Ronaldo but can without is as flawed as expecting him to score that first goal more often

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I agree but De Bruyne has been average this season.
Weren't that good last season either, but that's a conversation for another thread.

Hope Fernandes gets back to his best, could do with a return of our talisman, if just to make the games worth watching if nothing else.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's much more effective in a more central role rather than out wide in the 4222.

flameinthesun

I liked seeing him much closer to the other 2 mids, helped us control the midfield in the first half. Clearly he can play as an 8 in a 3. If we had a tactically good manager and a proper dm we could have seen a pogba (8)- dm (6) - bruno (8) midfield 3. But this seems to be the current united way, missed opportunities.

lex talionis

There’s no quibbling with his two goals, although you could put an asterisk on the first goal, but I’d still like to see better link up play from Bruno that what we saw yesterday. He’s still too fixated on the Hollywood ball, and doesn’t seem to have any interest in beating a man on the dribble to create an even better passing chance.

Ekeke

There’s no quibbling with his two goals, although you could put an asterisk on the first goal, but I’d still like to see better link up play from Bruno that what we saw yesterday. He’s still too fixated on the Hollywood ball, and doesn’t seem to have any interest in beating a man on the dribble to create an even better passing chance.
He's not that good a dribbler. He knows what he's good at

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Fred has 2 assists this season. KDB has just the one.

If you're going to pick a top name out of the hat make sure they are in top form.

KDB has been word class for City but he's dropped off a little of late. Don't know why. Nicely taken goal at the weekend though.

UncleBob

I posted this elsewhere, but I’m scratching my head a little at some of the extreme praise for Bruno.

Whilst it is somewhat churlish to criticise a player who scored a brace, ultimately the goalkeeper dropping a dolly over the goal line was a big part of that. The second goal was very well taken, but Bruno actually otherwise had quite the quiet game for him. Those were his only two shots in the match and he only create a single chance for a teammate. We’re being a bit results oriented if we think yesterday was a rebirth of Bruno Fernandes.

He’s had plenty of far more productive and influential matches on this barren goalscoring run than he did yesterday.
I haven't seen extreme praise of his performance against Villa, but i thought he was overall good. He made himself available for passes and kept it simple, allowed us to keep the ball for longer periods and control a bit more of the tempo rather than constantly going for glory. Apart from his introduction against Villarreal after being benched, this was easily one of his best performances in months.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Scored a hat trick in the first game of the season and his first goal yesterday only goes in 1/1000. To suggest he can’t score goals with Ronaldo but can without is as flawed as expecting him to score that first goal more often
He obviously can score goals with Ronaldo in the side, but he’ll do it at a far lesser rate. A big part of that is just solely down to the fact that he can’t occupy the same spaces he does when Ronaldo isn’t there.

united for life

News is that he rejected a new contract with improved terms in Autumn. We are not in a hurry for that as there is time left for the expiry. From what I read, he wants to wait till the end of the season to see the team's status and is actually asking for terms equal to leading salaries. I understand him to be frank, if we are negotiating 500k, what should he get? this is why it is very important not to give pogba what he wants. it will create more unnecessary mess

El Jefe

Goals change people's perspective of games, its why you would get shouted at in Bruno's performance thread for accusing him of being poor in many games last season. Fast forward to this season and his poor performances are much more obvious without goals.

I'm with you, outside of the goals he tried to remain disciplined but didn't really affect the game IMO. He started off ok but as the game wore on he looked like he had no clue on how to play the midfield role he was in. I'll take the Villa performance over many of his most recent games so I'm not complaining.

lost7

Give him whatever he wants. We need to secure him no matter what, the last thing we need is to start hearing rumblings about Bruno not being happy and wanting to leave

RedStarUnited

News is that he rejected a new contract with improved terms in Autumn. We are not in a hurry for that as there is time left for the expiry. From what I read, he wants to wait till the end of the season to see the team's status and is actually asking for terms equal to leading salaries. I understand him to be frank, if we are negotiating 500k, what should he get? this is why it is very important not to give pogba what he wants. it will create more unnecessary mess
This seems to only exist with us and maybe its because we are in a shitty period. No one at Madrid is asking for a contract to match Bale even though Bale barely plays anymore.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd say give him what he wants but we did that with De Gea and then spent 2 years (?) waiting for him to show the kind of form that had him deserve the contract in the first place

It's undeniable he's been our best post Fergie signing and our best player though and one of the few reasons I have faith in this side once we get a competent manager in

Born2Lose

Bit more I saw on fan YT channels was he's rejected an offer of £250k but there's still an offer of £400k on the table for Pogba.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He obviously can score goals with Ronaldo in the side, but he’ll do it at a far lesser rate. A big part of that is just solely down to the fact that he can’t occupy the same spaces he does when Ronaldo isn’t there.
But his scoring rate from open play isn’t really worth sacrificing a proper goal scorer for, and scoring a hattrick in a 5-1 win is great but only masks the overall output, as does the first goal on Saturday. He can still score goals with Ronaldo and hasn’t really scored regularly from open play for the past 12-14 months.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

KDB has been average for quite a while now, even going back to last season. The difference is, if he doesn't perform, Mahrez will or Bernardo or gundogan or sterling etc.

For is, if Bruno doesn't perform that's our midfield fecked.

L1nk

That's what you get for massively overpaying your crappy players. Even though he has like 3/4 years left on his contract, does he not? So why are we looking to extend him in the first place

romufc

Bruno is a brilliant player, he is a catalyst in this team but in no way would I be upset if he is not offered a new deal worth over 250k.

We have done this where we keep giving players more money and it yields to nothing.

This is why getting rid of Pogba is crucial, not giving him the 400k.

The only way we should offer more than 250k to any player going forward is based on trophies.

crossy1686

career ending
Here we fecking go again, massive contract on the way despite not winning a fecking thing. Here's an idea, clear out all those on over £200k a week and tell the rest that if you want anything near £200k a week, win a PL or CL title, then we'll talk about paying you what the best players in the world get paid.

I'm not saying Bruno isn't deserving of an improved contract but this fecking madness has to stop at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.