Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acole9

Outstanding
I hope so, he's the type of No.10 you'd find playing for many years at Shakhtar or Galatasaray.

Had a shit hot purple patch but is clearly not good enough for a team aiming to go where we want.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We need to start building the team around him again because he's shite when we don't.

Woodenlung

Bruno's inability to keep possession is a big problem. He's still our best creator by a mile and we're blunt in attack without him. He still works hard on and off the ball too. But he's a volume passer that has many, many failures before one success. I think he's brilliant, but right now he isn't bringing the control Rangnick wants. Neither is anyone else btw, but since Bruno is our best player he'll be singled out more than most.

youngrell

Still trying to force a lot but with the movement ahead of him (or lack of) it’s hardly surprising.

Like all our attackers, could really do with a confidence boosting goal or two.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He'll never thrive in a football team playing for 1:0 every game, even despite playing absolute tripe at times he needs a mental boost.

Need to find solution for him soon while still in his best years for footballer.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He just looks a shadow of the player he was 18months ago. I don’t actually expect anything from him anymore. Just constant turnovers

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Seems rather knee jerk. A number 10 you'd find playing at Shakhtar or Galatasaray?! Come on now. He's not at his best at the moment but all top players go through this.
Not Shakhtar or Galatasaray no, more like a top Italian team from the 2000's. He's giving me that vibe, old school number 10, kind of eclipsed in modern football. But yeah, I'm probably exaggerating, I guess.

Idxomer

He will never be a part of a great team but Manchester United is very far from assembling one, so whatever.

It's best to try to get him to a decent form, so the club could be capable again of fighting for the top 4.

NoPace

I hope so, he's the type of No.10 you'd find playing for many years at Shakhtar or Galatasaray.

Had a shit hot purple patch but is clearly not good enough for a team aiming to go where we want.
Nah. He's too damn productive. You could argue he's the kind of 10 who would move from those clubs to a huge club and be nothing more than a good bench player under the wrong circumstances though and waste a few seasons.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
A poor workman always blames his tools........but Bruno has some fecking shit tools in front of him.

Look at what happened on 83 minutes. He has the ball on the right, he points and points for Greenwood (who is 5 yards away from him and looking at him) to make a run and Greenwood does nothing.

@GifLord could you clip that, please?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
A poor workman always blames his tools........but Bruno has some fecking shit tools in front of him.

Look at what happened on 83 minutes. He has the ball on the right, he points and points for Greenwood (who is 5 yards away from him and looking at him) to make a run and Greenwood does nothing.

Russell_eire

Still below his best, but he is trying hard and seems to (hopefully) be back on an upwards curve in terms of form. Less waving of the arms tonight too, which is a good sign.

I feel sorry for him in a front four with such a bizarre lack of chemistry.

Deery

Dreary
Still below his best, but he is trying hard and seems to (hopefully) be back on an upwards curve in terms of form. Less waving of the arms tonight too, which is a good sign.

I feel sorry for him in a front four with such a bizarre lack of chemistry.
Didn’t see it at all, he made one impressive pass to Rashford in the first half I thought but had a poor game in general. No left foot when the ball was teed up for him on the edge of the box tried to hit it with the outside of his right totally fecked it up.

TsuWave

Bruno is shit man. All these excuses

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

I felt at the time, and feel the same rewatching it that the best pass was the one Greenwood wanted. Slipped into him where he was, there was a channel for him there. Why Bruno refused to pass it is beyond me.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Suggesting for Bruno to be sold and calling him a turkish league player, while defending to death Rashford who barely looks like bulgarian league player.
Wtf.

Mr Smith

Cheers!

Pure laziness from Greenwood.
I don't actually think it's laziness to be fair. It's a combination of selfishness and poor instruction. Greenwood is asking for it to feet in that clip because his first thought is to turn and shoot. While that isn't a sin in of itself, it can be counterproductive for the team. My question is, are the coaches pulling up that clip and showing him that he needs to find space? And is he listening, and recognizing that sometimes he needs to drift wide where there's space in order to stretch the play and create opportunities? Bruno, for instance, recognises this instinctively (seen right at the start of the clip where he's pulled into a wide area unmarked and is shouting for the ball).

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I actually thought he was a bit better today - low bar this season - but decision making improved.

Can anyone explain why none of our managers ever get him to play within shouting distance of the rest of our midfield, like pretty much every functioning midfield on the planet? One of the reasons Scott and Fred look so hopeless in advancing the ball is because they're almost always outnumbered, with Bruno hanging out by himself somewhere offscreen.

Why he isn't told to just go to the centre circle when we're building from the back I will never understand. He's more than capable of the little one-twos which is how decent midfields get around a higher press.

Cabin Clown

Bruno's inability to keep possession is a big problem. He's still our best creator by a mile and we're blunt in attack without him. He still works hard on and off the ball too. But he's a volume passer that has many, many failures before one success. I think he's brilliant, but right now he isn't bringing the control Rangnick wants. Neither is anyone else btw, but since Bruno is our best player he'll be singled out more than most.
+1

We are rushing things too much - sign of a lack of confidence throughout the attack and Bruno is as guilty as any, but he isn't being supported enough by other players when he's looking for a pass.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Love Bruno but he’s another that needs a break from the starting 11. He’s lost his mojo. Compare the Bruno we saw last night to that sparkling, smiling beast we saw when he first came, really sad.

CloneMC16

I actually thought he was a bit better today - low bar this season - but decision making improved.

Can anyone explain why none of our managers ever get him to play within shouting distance of the rest of our midfield, like pretty much every functioning midfield on the planet? One of the reasons Scott and Fred look so hopeless in advancing the ball is because they're almost always outnumbered, with Bruno hanging out by himself somewhere offscreen.

Why he isn't told to just go to the centre circle when we're building from the back I will never understand. He's more than capable of the little one-twos which is how decent midfields get around a higher press.
I wish I could understand this. The same thing has been happening in practically every game for about a year and a half now. Our managers keep doing the exact same thing and the blame is always put on McT and Fred. This season, the only game Bruno played deeper during the whole game was against Spurs. We didn't look like complete ass in that game for a good reason.

UncleBob

Best for who? And who do we exactly buy to replace him?

He is still easily our best attacking player.
For him as a player and United as a club.

We buy someone that is more suited to the football we want to play.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Who exactly is better than Bruno Fernandes and that is available? Also who in our team is better player than Bruno has been in recent years?

Matt851

I wish I could understand this. The same thing has been happening in practically every game for about a year and a half now. Our managers keep doing the exact same thing and the blame is always put on McT and Fred. This season, the only game Bruno played deeper during the whole game was against Spurs. We didn't look like complete ass in that game for a good reason.
I had assumed it was tactical for him to play so high up but it's possible he is just doing his own thing. Either way it needs to end

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Who exactly is better than Bruno Fernandes and that is available? Also who in our team is better player than Bruno has been in recent years?
It’s really baffling, isn’t it? Apparently we need to sell the only attacker aside from Cristiano that is still capable of producing decent numbers (5 goals & 8 assists) as well as being our most creative player by far despite being horrendously out of form. Because we don’t have any bigger issues at the moment.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Who is this someone, how high should he be on the list of our transfer priorities and how much would he cost?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Fecking hell, he's out of form, but saying he's not good enough for us is bloody ludicrous.

UncleBob

Fecking hell, he's out of form, but saying he's not good enough for us is bloody ludicrous.
Depends on the direction we're taking, doesn't it? It's not simply about individual quality, but how the player fits in. If Bruno remains completely unable to modify his game to match what we require from an attacking midfielder in his position and he continues to perform like he is now, then bin him the feck off while we can still get a decent fee from him.

If he reverts back to the player he was when we signed him, brilliant.

Patchbeard

I missed the first half hour, but in the remainder he put two great over the top balls which should've both ended up as assists if Greenwood and Rashy were not incompetent right now. In the PL he's created the 2nd most chances this season above Salah and only behind TAA, yet his assists are way behind Salah, which is down to our forwards finishing like fecking shite. He's far from his best right now, but he's still producing chances and I feel it's the others up front who are letting us down more.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Depends on the direction we're taking, doesn't it? It's not simply about individual quality, but how the player fits in. If Bruno remains completely unable to modify his game to match what we require from an attacking midfielder in his position and he continues to perform like he is now, then bin him the feck off while we can still get a decent fee from him.

If he reverts back to the player he was when we signed him, brilliant.
What's Bruno modifying his game to though at this moment in time? It's not like he needs to step up a certain standard that others are achieving, everyone else is shite. He's a creator, even when he's not being consistent, he still creates a hatful of chances. If we had anyone else performing to a decent standard, there wouldn't be an issue.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I missed the first half hour, but in the remainder he put two great over the top balls which should've both ended up as assists if Greenwood and Rashy were not incompetent right now. In the PL he's created the 2nd most chances this season above Salah and only behind TAA, yet his assists are way behind Salah, which is down to our forwards finishing like fecking shite. He's far from his best right now, but he's still producing chances and I feel it's the others up front who are letting us down more.
Well put. That simple pass forward to Greenwood, who decided to position himself behind the defender instead of making a quick dash forward, shows who he is servicing at the moment.

Thought he, as has done regularly this season, was working hard to drive us forward and be creative. Will never look good if those around him arent on the same page.

romufc

Well put. That simple pass forward to Greenwood, who decided to position himself behind the defender instead of making a quick dash forward, shows who he is servicing at the moment.

Thought he, as has done regularly this season, was working hard to drive us forward and be creative. Will never look good if those around him arent on the same page.
They say, the run makes the pass. At the moment, we do not have players making runs. I mean even if Bruno passes to Greenwood, what will he do apart from lose it?

However bad we are playing and people saying Bruno out of form, when he gets the ball, usually people run, now they dont do that so Bruno is trying to force things when this was not the case.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

It was more a miscommuncation.

Greenwood was in plenty of space, pause it at the start and you can see a big channel between the 2 defenders that he could have played it into.

Bruno though is obviously thinking/wanting Greenwood to pull out wide and take the ball, then he'd probably make a forward run in behind. Unfortunately neither happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.