5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneMC16

The assist for Elanga was absolutely unreal. World class skill. He actually had 48% pass completion. He plays like the ball is gonna explode in 3 seconds. He gave the ball away a shit tonne, but when you assist like that and score, it's hard to be critical.

NZT-One

Still too much complaining for me but he played pretty good for most of the game. A few loose touches but overall, he was very productive. Long may it continue, Leeds is one of our favorite teams to play against though.

I agree with the false 9 idea though. Think this is where he could flourish. Wouldn't even rule out Ronaldo as he could start on the left even if that would bring some other issues.

Greck

Again, still not sure if he can play in a side looking to contend for titles against the toughest teams, but games like today are tailored for his style. Wide open end to end stuff.

I also think he either has to play a sort of false 9 or as a 10 with a striker that drops deep to really be part of a cohesive team. Any other position or system and he just is too all over the place.

That flick was brilliant for Elanga's goal though.
False 9 for me. Our strikers are allergic to dropping deep, Bruno already put Rashford and Ronaldo to shame as a (false) lone striker. I wasn't actually too keen on his play between the goal involvements. That pass behind the last man he's addicted to isn't always on, you don't have to look for it exclusively, it ruins so many breakaways however when he was moved to the 9 he added another dimension to our play. Maybe by playing as a 9 that style might actually be workable in a passing structure since you take away that compulsion to always find the furthest guy forward. For what it's worth I thought he wasn't alone and Elanga was also poor outside goal involvement but I'm not trying to get mobbed for being overly negative. It was a good result but we also need to keep building forward.

joedirt87

It was definitely a Bruno game. Lots of highs and lows. I thought he could of used his body more to shield the poor ball he got from Bissaka, looked like his intent was to take a foul more than anything but ended up losing possession from the challenge. Then he spent the next 10 minutes shoulder charging every Leeds player who got rid of the ball around him, thought he had at least 1 guaranteed booking coming so would have preferred he came off instead of Pogba at that time.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
In the final phase, he is special. He loves playing against Leeds!

This is also the second time this season (off the top pf my head) that he has contributed to us conceding a goal in that manner, same happened away at Southampton.

El Jefe

Bruno would be a terrible false 9. You have to be able to keep the ball as a false 9 and be able to hold the ball up to bring others into play. Bruno is weak on the ball especially when pressure is on him.

He is a No.10 or second striker. The space behind a striker is where he excels.

SoCross

Bruno would be a terrible false 9. You have to be able to keep the ball as a false 9 and be able to hold the ball up to bring others into play. Bruno is weak on the ball especially when pressure is on him.

He is a No.10 or second striker. The space behind a striker is where he excels.
Agreed. Wouldn't be playing to his strengths. Put him in space and have mobile runners - he'll find them. Only time I'd play him as a false 9 is if we are facing a better team a la Ole's first half-season formation with inverted strikers.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The assist for Elanga was absolutely unreal. World class skill. He actually had 48% pass completion. He plays like the ball is gonna explode in 3 seconds. He gave the ball away a shit tonne, but when you assist like that and score, it's hard to be critical.
51.4% on FBRef. That’s atrocious. I’ve no problem with a creative player getting 70 odd percent of his passes right but one in two is diabolical. Only three of our starters got 80%+ so maybe the conditions played a part? Leeds passing seemed to be off too. Jack Harrison was on 40%!

Idxomer

Yeah, players get a pass in this game because of the conditions but we'll need to play much better in possession against Atletico.

GueRed

Has been performing better the last few weeks....Hopefully he continues this form and has a strong finish to the season

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
According to the BBC - Bruno has now scored 6 goals against Leeds United, more than he's scored against any other PL Team. Only Bobby Charlton has scored more league goals (9) for Man Utd versus Leeds than Bruno. Cool but surprising stat.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Last edited:

lost7

For me, he's turned it around since the Aston villa game. Not only he's scoring and assisting again, but his general play has become so much less erratic

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
That assist for Elanga was so beautiful. He’s just so fecking good even when he’s having a “bad” season.
I dont think it was an assist. He tried to take him on and Elanga just happened to be in that place. But again, with Bruno you never know. Guy has amazing awareness in the box.

Abraxas

He's better as the opposite of a false number 9 - he's better dropping deep into midfield with 2 stable CMs behind. Still very much an attacking midfielder but with some emphasis on actually working within the team structure. There's some flexibility in it but when he works more like a conventional midfielder I don't think you lose anything but it gets into his head what he needs to do.

When he just sat on the strikers shoulder under Ole he was good but he went missing a lot too. It left us completely exposed and didn't help the build up and you essentially have 2 Portuguese blokes up top contributing feck all for huge swathes of matches. I think Ralf has adjusted his role nicely.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Bruno

"I saw the goal of [Maguire] and I'm seeing Paul (Pogba) behind him sliding on his knees. I was slapping [Maguire's] head and saying 'how can you score with that big head?"

:lol:

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Still not seeing it. Give any other decent CAM the license to go for the Hollywood pass each time they recieve the ball and they'd be throwing up similar chance creation stats. Imagine if De Bruyne had the license to just twat it wherever every time he got on the ball.

Other players play within a structure and wait for the right opportunities. Bruno plays like I used to on Fifa where lofted through balls are OP. L1+Triangle every time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Still not seeing it. Give any other decent CAM the license to go for the Hollywood pass each time they recieve the ball and they'd be throwing up similar chance creation stats. Imagine if De Bruyne had the license to just twat it wherever every time he got on the ball.

Other players play within a structure and wait for the right opportunities. Bruno plays like I used to on Fifa where lofted through balls are OP. L1+Triangle every time.
Then KdB must be a shit player, plays in a structured team and waits for right moment to create chance but still ends up with 75% pass completion, which is more or less same as Bruno.

romufc

I literally saw KDB put cross after cross against Spurs

Do you know what his stats were? 2/15 successful crosses. KDB does have the licence.

Its because others don't have the vision to play those passes, the players who do have the licence to look for them.

Atletico Madrid 1:1 Man Utd

lost7

He was really poor all game, but somehow still gets the assist. Anything good that comes out of the team starts from him every time

Woodenlung

Toss up between himself and Ronaldo for our worst player. His first half performance was diabolical.

But he played a defence splitting pass to turn the game so redeems himself somewhat.

el3mel

Even the assist wasn't really that good of a pass. It was mostly the defender's mistake.

Godawful performance and he's almost always shit in big games it's very disappointing.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Then KdB must be a shit player, plays in a structured team and waits for right moment to create chance but still ends up with 75% pass completion, which is more or less same as Bruno.

I literally saw KDB put cross after cross against Spurs

Do you know what his stats were? 2/15 successful crosses. KDB does have the licence.

Its because others don't have the vision to play those passes, the players who do have the licence to look for them.
:lol:

slored1

Toss up between himself and Ronaldo for our worst player. His first half performance was diabolical.

But he played a defence splitting pass to turn the game so redeems himself somewhat.
Rashford or Lindelof have easily been worse than both Bruno and CR.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
That pass was nothing special, Jesus Christ it was an open pass to the player on the right.

acnumber9

Hard to criticise when he comes up with big moments but he can be so bad at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.