5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Smalling

Maybe not his best performance, but he still put the ball right on Ronaldo's forehead twice to finish the game, before he eventually did it himself.

Mainoldo

Absolute tosh and you know it. I see it's mainly the Pogba fan club going in hardest on Bruno. Something tells me it's pure and utter jealousy.

Pogba is a fantastic talent that has just not worked out for whatever reason. Bruno gives his blood sweat and tears every single week and has delivered the goods in terms of goals and assists. His record speaks for itself.

Bruno would be preferred because he's been the better signing. The end. There's not much else that needs saying.
Your talking with your belly. You originally said Bruno is the better footballer. We all know his not. It doesn’t have nothing to do with talent. Pogba is not Ricardo Quaresma…

It’s more the reverse. It’s like a weird obsession from Bruno fanboys to put him in categories he should never be in to make our club relevant in having a top class player in a crap era.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Typical Bruno performance, but I am always annoyed when I see him being the last defender, tackling balls, chasing opponents when 1 min later he's supposed to create passes and spaces.

That's why he always disappear after the 60th min.

Thought he did it less last year

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Your talking with your belly. You originally said Bruno is the better footballer. We all know his not. It doesn’t have nothing to do with talent. Pogba is not Ricardo Quaresma…

It’s more the reverse. It’s like a weird obsession from Bruno fanboys to put him in categories he should never be in to make our club relevant in having a top class player in a crap era.
I'd say Pogba has the most natural talent out of the two of them tbh. Always maintained talent isn't the issue with him.

But Bruno has turned out to be the better signing and footballer purely because all the stuff Pogba lacks, Bruno has in spades.

There's no doubt who United fans like more. There's no Pogba song being echoed around the stadium is there?

romufc

I'd say Pogba has the most natural talent out of the two of them tbh. Always maintained talent isn't the issue with him.

But Bruno has turned out to be the better signing and footballer purely because all the stuff Pogba lacks, Bruno has in spades.

There's no doubt who United fans like more. There's no Pogba song being echoed around the stadium is there?
People always get mistaken with talent = better player. Bruno is a very good example of a very good player that isn't as talented as the top players but I'd take him in my team all day.

His attitude is what separates him from the average players, he is not scared to run back to his own goal and tackle. He is not afraid of putting his foot in. Look at Rashford having bad games, when Bruno has a bad game, he is still putting in 100% creating chances. That is elite mentality and its clear the fans appreciate that.

NoPace

One of 3 players I am very happy will be in the first XI the next few years along with Sancho and Varane.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
People always get mistaken with talent = better player. Bruno is a very good example of a very good player that isn't as talented as the top players but I'd take him in my team all day.

His attitude is what separates him from the average players, he is not scared to run back to his own goal and tackle. He is not afraid of putting his foot in. Look at Rashford having bad games, when Bruno has a bad game, he is still putting in 100% creating chances. That is elite mentality and its clear the fans appreciate that.
Agree with you.

Pogba is probably the most naturally talented player we have but still hasn't even won club or fans player of the year award in nearly 6 years at the club. It says a lot about his lack of effort and consistency because if he matched Bruno's effort there wouldn't be a debate most likely.

I have often wondered how he's not been snapped up yet for next season given he's been free to talk to clubs for two months? Why the hesitation? What are other clubs waiting on?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I have often wondered how he's not been snapped up yet for next season given he's been free to talk to clubs for two months? Why the hesitation? What are other clubs waiting on?
Doesn't mean anything. Neither have Mbappe, Rudiger, Kessie, and a tonne of other players running their contracts down.

romufc

Agree with you.

Pogba is probably the most naturally talented player we have but still hasn't even won club or fans player of the year award in nearly 6 years at the club. It says a lot about his lack of effort and consistency because if he matched Bruno's effort there wouldn't be a debate most likely.

If Pogba had the same engine and attitude as Bruno, we would be paying him what he wants.

Its clear that the clubs that everyone thought were interested are cautious and have other targets. Real want Mbappe and Haaland, Juve just got Vlahovic and cant afford his salary.

The most surprising thing for me is that his agent has been quiet this season, no twerking about other clubs, which is not the norm.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If Pogba had the same engine and attitude as Bruno, we would be paying him what he wants.

Its clear that the clubs that everyone thought were interested are cautious and have other targets. Real want Mbappe and Haaland, Juve just got Vlahovic and cant afford his salary.

The most surprising thing for me is that his agent has been quiet this season, no twerking about other clubs, which is not the norm.
I suppose he doesn't need to given we can't veto his move away this time.

Be such a dangerous move making him the highest paid player at the club. Not only because of his inconsistency and injury record but the knock on effect that will have on Bruno's new deal too.

Still think he will leave. Almost feels like its what both club and player need. Ten Hag, if we get him, will sort us out without Pogba anyway. He hasn't got any superstars in his team and they'd batter us if we played them this weekend.

NZT-One

The man has 20 goal contributions on a side struggling to score and he’s inconsistent? He’s only 3 assists away from the CL single season record after only playing 5 games in the group stage. The man with the most key passes in the Premier League this season?
That Bruno?
I get the productive argument but it has to be said that this time stats might work in the same way for Bruno as good results worked for the former manager. They mask sometimes questionable performances. If you punt the ball forwards hit'n'hope style 15 times per game, than chances are that you will create one or the other chance.

I agree, we need him currently and he has a terrific skillset but I think there is a lot of room for improvement. Thought there was a very sensible take on him in this thread a couple of weeks ago: Playing in a way that maybe sees Bruno getting less goal involvements might benefit the team as a whole.

Good observation. The player in focus differs from time to time but the "desperation" for having something or someone to be the best in something seems to be an unreal urge. Goes for Bruno since 2 years, went for Maguire in his first season and last years it was suddenly Shaw.

It is somewhat understandable of course.

romufc

Be such a dangerous move making him the highest paid player at the club. Not only because of his inconsistency and injury record but the knock on effect that will have on Bruno's new deal too.

Still think he will leave. Almost feels like its what both club and player need. Ten Hag, if we get him, will sort us out without Pogba anyway. He hasn't got any superstars in his team and they'd batter us if we played them this weekend.
I agree. Even if we want Pogba to stay, I don't think the knock on effects are worth it, he will want to be the best paid, Bruno will want similar and then we will be stuck in this overpaid players cycle again.

I reckon Pogba leaves and we get Ten Hag, Donny, Bruno, DM can be our midfield. This 3 months spell at Everton will be crucial

Alfie092

While he isn't back to his best still that was a better performance, scored a goal but probably should have had another goal when Ronaldo squared it to him and probably should have had an assist or two to his name yesterday. Let's hope it's onwards and upwards from now for Bruno has he is incredibly vital for us and we need him back to his best if we want to stand a chance of getting top 4!

Mainoldo

I get the productive argument but it has to be said that this time stats might work in the same way for Bruno as good results worked for the former manager. They mask sometimes questionable performances. If you punt the ball forwards hit'n'hope style 15 times per game, than chances are that you will create one or the other chance.

I agree, we need him currently and he has a terrific skillset but I think there is a lot of room for improvement. Thought there was a very sensible take on him in this thread a couple of weeks ago: Playing in a way that maybe sees Bruno getting less goal involvements might benefit the team as a whole.

Good observation. The player in focus differs from time to time but the "desperation" for having something or someone to be the best in something seems to be an unreal urge. Goes for Bruno since 2 years, went for Maguire in his first season and last years it was suddenly Shaw.

It is somewhat understandable of course.
I get it. It's what Liverpool fans did with Gerrard. But Gerrard obviously was a top player compared to what we have now.

Mainoldo

If we get Ten Hag how do you see Bruno working? I think with Ten Hag he doesn't have a position except for on the wings.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
That point blank effort was a shocker, just like the open net miss last week. That said, he was still pretty good, some of his deliveries into the box were excellent, and he definitely should have had at least one assist. His defensive contribution in the second half was better too.

Took his goal well, though when I saw it real time, I thought it was looking like he'd taken too many touches.

Shark

@NotShark
He's yet another player we have in our ranks that struggles with the simple stuff and pulls off the harder ones. Seems like a trend.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's yet another player we have in our ranks that struggles with the simple stuff and pulls off the harder ones. Seems like a trend.
There’s a very long list of players in our squad who struggles with the simple stuff but he’s probably the only player in our squad who pulls off the harder ones on anything like a regular basis. It’s why he’s so important. We’d be a MUCH shitter team without him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The planet where people live. It’s kind of hard for someone to want an approval on their opinions when they actually believe Bruno is in the same league as Pogba let alone better. :lol:

They’d only choose Bruno for the same reason you’d pick Alan Shearer over R9.
wow, man. Seriously. Are you really United fan?

PoTMS

He's been pretty awful for a long time now but unlike the rest of the United team bar maybe De Gea, he has a whole lot of credit in the bank. You can only carry a team for so long.

Greck

His chance creation is a 10, ball retention is a 6, latter is needed for possession consistency to sustain attacks or we're just taking turns giving the ball back till something clicks. Not being able to impose ourselves on 10 men with a 3 man midfield was all I needed to see from these players. Rangnick has given them a decent template of play so we shouldn't still have to expect only one.

Worst part is he isn't even close to the worst at this, that goes to Rashford. Sancho is the one true polished player and I can see him becoming our best attacker as early as the end of the season and even under the next manager. Very tidy, smart, high iq, nice vision and never overstretches himself. Just the act of carrying the ball to the edge of the box and making the right pass is golden on this team.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Don't know how a player can play very badly and still be our best player. Created plenty and he himself should have had 2.

NZT-One

Don't know how a player can play very badly and still be our best player. Created plenty and he himself should have had 2.
Easy. Being better than something is relative. Being good is not. (Even though good is a wide term and succeptible to being subjective).

If there was a test in school and everybody is taken by suprise, everybody gets a very bad grade except for you, you get the 2nd worst grade because you guessed an answer. So results wise you were better than the rest but still not good.

Same works for anything - for footballers too. Plus every fan or viewer creates his own "final picture" of a performance. One guy values goal contributions high another is more sensitive to making costly mistakes.

3KDré

That flick and assist was pure filth! I would actually like to see him at false 9.

SER19

A truly world class player continuing to influence everything good we do, and still somehow underrated

Idxomer

Amazing apart from losing the ball in Leeds' 2nd goal but he well made up for it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Takes on another level playing with Sancho and Pogba IMO. You get way fewer of the hero ball attempts from him as he knows it'll just happen organically. Still some, but hey can't take it all from him.

Shit mistake of course, but he's such a class player and is involved in everything, all the time.

lost7

I thought he was terribly inconsistent during the game, but my goodness he's always involved in everything good we create. Goal + a fabulous assist, you can't ask for more than that

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His productivity is ridiculous, and yet his all around game leave s lot to be desired, such a werid but important player :lol:

He is literally Rooney 2010 mk2, I am surprised they aren't compared more. Rooney even complained as much as he does.

gregor

That flick and assist was pure filth! I would actually like to see him at false 9.
I was thinking just that. Drop Ronaldo and go with Bruno as false 9. McT, Pogba and Fred behind front 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.