5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

Great goal and put in a couple of good balls for Ronaldo but he was wasteful today.

united for life

Remains the absolute heart of the team. Tracks back as good as any attacker we've ever had, might have had 2 assists, always a moment of magic - and some let a few misplaced passes cloud everything.

Hes everything I want in a United player.
i’d like to see a stat on the distance covered during the match. He was everywhere! In the first half he was dropping deep to take the ball forward as fred and scot do not know how to do that. He was absolutely everywhere. He is the kind of player who’ll give his all to the team and is someone who is always looking to create chances and not just make the backward pass.

on the other hand, i am worried about his fitness. He seemed exhausted at the end of the match. Could benefit from some rest.

happy he scored, totally deserved it

Valencia Shin Crosses

Remains the absolute heart of the team. Tracks back as good as any attacker we've ever had, might have had 2 assists, always a moment of magic - and some let a few misplaced passes cloud everything.

"A few misplaced passes" alright mate

Today he was a bit frustrating mainly towards the end when he and Rashford were seemingly trying to force a goal when we could have controlled the final 10 minutes much better, but his crossing in particular was excellent and he took his goal cooly.

I still maintain that he'll have to become more disciplined in how he plays and in his decision making, or be sold if we are ever going to field a world class team, but for now with how thin our attacking options are the added production is more than welcome.

Swiss_Red89

Deserved the goal. A lot of Effort from min 0-90 and as usual with that bit of quality to create. As usual a bit wasteful but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as long as he creates chances every game.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's like Nani 2.0... Great highs, daft lows, and wildly erratic, but far more important to the team.

SER19

"A few misplaced passes" alright mate

Today he was a bit frustrating mainly towards the end when he and Rashford were seemingly trying to force a goal when we could have controlled the final 10 minutes much better, but his crossing in particular was excellent and he took his goal cooly.

I still maintain that he'll have to become more disciplined in how he plays and in his decision making, or be sold if we are ever going to field a world class team, but for now with how thin our attacking options are the added production is more than welcome.

Have you got passing stats? Given that most of his unsuccessful ones are more ambitious than sideways ones, ya id say its a few misplaced passes.

Edit- reading he has about 80% pass completion. Given the make up of his unsuccessful ones i think it's hard to doubt that it's become a confirmation bias for some

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He could have had two goals and three assists.

Im fine with that but what annoys me is the Hollywood passes so deep. He needs to cut that out.

NZT-One

An 95th minute counter goal against a ten men team doesn't outweigh him playing a crossfield ball from next to our own penalty area directly to the opponent. He needs to be applied as close to opposition goal as possible, not an 8. His moaning is unbearable

Hope the goal resets his confidence and he starts to get his act together.

SATA

Far too casual for his chance from the Ronaldo pass. Same thing against Boro and at Brentford. Just twat the ball into the net ffs!

-Supreme-

He needs to stop moaning at his team mates and telling them to calm down even straight after his misplaced passes.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Valencia Shin Crosses

Have you got passing stats? Given that most of his unsuccessful ones are more ambitious than sideways ones, ya id say its a few misplaced passes.

Edit- reading he has about 80% pass completion. Given the make up of his unsuccessful ones i think it's hard to doubt that it's become a confirmation bias for some
80% isn't terrible for how he plays (although that probably averages between his great games at high 80's and shockers like Burnley where he was 69%), but it's why my exasperation isn't from his general passing ability, but from his decision making with how he passes especially when we are chasing a game. He has a ton of "Loose cannon gunslinger" to his game both offensively and defensively, which would be fine if he was playing for a plucky mid table side, but for where we want to go he has to either grow out of that or eventually be phased out no matter how mercurial he can be.

Juansar_07

Overall game can still be improved. But his true creativity came to the fore after BHA went a man down. Some tasty crosses to Ronaldo one of which should've been buried.

Currently looking dispirited when taking his shots at goal, although the last moment nicely taken goal may boost his morale somewhat hopefully. One can clearly see how reassured he felt after that.

Alemar

Bruno needs to stop trying to hit an empty net off the post. He may hit it more centrally in such situations

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Such a weird player. Can have a terrible game but come away with a goal and an assist.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Such a weird player. Can have a terrible game but come away with a goal and an assist.
He didn't have a terrible game though. He ran his socks off, covered every blade of grass and put in some of the best crosses you will see all season which should have been put away and rounded it off with a well taken goal.

If that's a terrible performance then give me some more please.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He didn't have a terrible game though. He ran his socks off, covered every blade of grass and put in some of the best crosses you will see all season which should have been put away and rounded it off with a well taken goal.

If that's a terrible performance then give me some more please.
He put a couple of good crosses in, scored, but on the flip side the miss….oh my god. The pass across the face of our goal in the first half which almost led to them scoring. Another chance in the first half that came from him losing the ball. Some strange passes that gave away possession. His output was good, but I was at the game and his workrate wasn’t anything to write home about. He looked gassed second half. It wasn’t a good performance. But productive.

jeff_goldblum

Agree with this. He's not been at his best recently but throughout our recent bad run he's consistently created good chances and worked his arse off. He's not been great, but we'd be fecked without him all the same. Against Brighton he scored, put multiple chances on a plate for other players and put in a shift defensively. There are at least 8 other threads which deserve ire a lot more after that game.

The criticism he gets is bizarre and stems from ludicrously high standards applied only to him (with a smattering of irrational hatred from people who blame him for Ole getting the job, or for Pogba not getting gametime). If he's not simultaneously scoring, assisting, pressing and controlling midfield he gets slammed. At the same time, he's criticised for doing pretty innocuous things that simply wouldn't be a problem if other players were doing their jobs. He wouldn't be trying to force the play so often if our forwards could finish their chances he serves up, or if we had other creators in the team, or if we weren't living in constant fear that our defence was going to ship a goal out of nowhere. A few loose passes wouldn't be a problem if the defence could be trusted, or if the two behind him could be relied on to keep possession and control the midfield.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He put a couple of good crosses in, scored, but on the flip side the miss….oh my god. The pass across the face of our goal in the first half which almost led to them scoring. Another chance in the first half that came from him losing the ball. Some strange passes that gave away possession. His output was good, but I was at the game and his workrate wasn’t anything to write home about. He looked gassed second half. It wasn’t a good performance. But productive.
He's by far our best player. Even when playing 'poorly' he delivers for us. He's the true captain of the team. Slabhead certainly isn't.

Red00012

His energy levels are exceptional

He just needs to cut out some of his brain fart lost possessions

NZT-One

He's by far our best player. Even when playing 'poorly' he delivers for us. He's the true captain of the team. Slabhead certainly isn't.
Our run had to end :)

After all the agreeing in the Pogba thread, I do not agree with you in regards to captaincy. We are united in opposition to Harry, thought it was a weird thing to give it to him after what felt like 45 minutes. But Bruno isn't the solution as well. He is a child, a hothead, a constant moaner, unbearable at times. And I am starting to hate his "look at me being busy" impressions running at people without the final conviction. At times, there isn't much between him and Mata in terms of strength. He certainly knows what the fans want to hear but it's kind of hollow when nothing changes on the pitch. Same as Rashford unfortunately....

Currently, there aren't many candidates unfortunately. For me, there is just one - DDG. Probably also not ideal as he is too quiet but he is with United for a long time, he is (mostly) a constant performer and it isn't difficult to seem him as one of the best players in the club currently (one where most football fans would agree).

lost7

Bruno shouldn't be our captain, he loses composure too easily. I'm terrified one day he's gonna get straight red carded because of something he says to the ref, he's too whiny sometimes (even today).

He's the only player in our team who has both technical ability and work rate, though. We need to surround him with more players like that

Terminator

Our most important player by far. Gives it everything he has and he should have had 2 assists tonight.

Abraxas

He's actually impressed me with his pace the last few weeks. I don't really think of it as a huge quality of his and he's not rapid but he certainly has running power with the ball, even at the end of games.

His finishing is bizarre at the moment. Misses some absolute sitters then runs half a pitch, feints and knocks it in as cool as you like. I guess it's like a lot of areas in his game, hot and cold but bloody hell he's got by far the most quality in our team. Without his creativity and goals it doesn't bear thinking about.

Yagami

Good post resistant
No chance. Someone as inconsistent as him who is the leagues biggest play actor since Suarez is not our best player or captain of the team.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He and Pogba are the only two that have (footballing) brain of (old) United level. His quick thinking, nastiness, energy, bravery, plus those drive and skill.

He's the "Veron" that Fergie was looking for.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

He's like Nani 2.0... Great highs, daft lows, and wildly erratic, but far more important to the team.
While the two are completely different players I see your point. Bruno is a really irritating player, most things he does are either brilliant or shit. Great ball recovery followed by an awful pass etc.
We could do with prime Nani right now, him and Sancho on the wings would be great.

cyberman

No chance. Someone as inconsistent as him who is the leagues biggest play actor since Suarez is not our best player or captain of the team.
The man has 20 goal contributions on a side struggling to score and he’s inconsistent? He’s only 3 assists away from the CL single season record after only playing 5 games in the group stage. The man with the most key passes in the Premier League this season?
That Bruno?

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Bruno has created the most chances in PL this season, playing for a disorganised and disjointed team (most of the time anyway).
Every game he creates something out of nothing. If we had a prolific goalscorer, he would have been top assist provider in the world and with a big advantage over the 2nd one.
Always first to press, always first to run and track back.
Couldn’t give two shits about the legendary “misplaced simple passes”.

The guy is pure gold and honestly people who slate him need to get a grip. He is the spark in this team.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Honestly with opinions like this I worry about people. Made the most chances in the league this season. Easily our most effective players too since he arrived.

What more does he have to do for some of you? Bizarre.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can I say no one?

Honestly it's probably Pogba or Ronaldo if everyone is at there best. Bruno has not been the same player the past calendar year even though his production is still at top levels. But then again we haven't been a very good team the past year either so...
Pogba isn't better than Bruno. What planet do you lot live on?

If you lined up the 75,000 at OT last night and asked who has been the better signing for us...70,000 would choose Bruno. It's not even a contest.

Pogba has the talent for sure but we just haven't seen it consistently enough. Bruno is clearly our best player.

Mainoldo

He and Pogba are the only two that have (footballing) brain of (old) United level. His quick thinking, nastiness, energy, bravery, plus those drive and skill.

He's the "Veron" that Fergie was looking for.
Veron? Jesus Christ. Veron was probably one of the best passes of a generation.

Just stop. Bruno couldn’t play in a phone box.

Mainoldo

Pogba isn't better than Bruno. What planet do you lot live on?

If you lined up the 75,000 at OT last night and asked who has been the better signing for us...70,000 would choose Bruno. It's not even a contest.

Pogba has the talent for sure but we just haven't seen it consistently enough. Bruno is clearly our best player.
The planet where people live. It’s kind of hard for someone to want an approval on their opinions when they actually believe Bruno is in the same league as Pogba let alone better. :lol:

They’d only choose Bruno for the same reason you’d pick Alan Shearer over R9.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The planet where people live. It’s kind of hard for someone to want an approval on their opinions when they actually believe Bruno is in the same league as Pogba let alone better. :lol:

They’d only choose Bruno for the same reason you’d pick Alan Shearer over R9.
Absolute tosh and you know it. I see it's mainly the Pogba fan club going in hardest on Bruno. Something tells me it's pure and utter jealousy.

Pogba is a fantastic talent that has just not worked out for whatever reason. Bruno gives his blood sweat and tears every single week and has delivered the goods in terms of goals and assists. His record speaks for itself.

Bruno would be preferred because he's been the better signing. The end. There's not much else that needs saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.