Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
This thread is turning from bad to worse.

Some posters have an active agenda against Fernandes.
With Pogba jogging around and losing every ball, Fred running like a headless chicken, Rashford being braindead, Ronaldo spending the game waving at the ref, Sancho not touching the ball once and fecking Linde at RB, you choose to slam Bruno.

And this is not fecking fair criticism. This is bashing, acting like his contributions are nothing. Looking for excuses why he actually provides this many goals and assists.

Many of you sound like opposition fans.

We just got through one of the most difficult and worst away game you could get in CL. Atleti away is a place where teams just can’t play their game. It wasn’t pretty, but they also created feck all, didn’t they?

Time and time again Bruno provided the crucial moment for us. And yet you blame him (the fecking attacking mf) for not giving us control of the game.

Fernandes was put in this position by Ragnick mistake and laziness of other players. We were CONSTANTLY outnumbered everywhere. We attacked with Bruno carrying the ball with no options.

Bruno started playing much better the moment Matic stepped on the field. The whole team did. This tells you a lot about the Pogba performance.

“We’ll never be good with Bruno”. fecking hell.
Most of the time he is the only player that makes us look good.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

With Pogba jogging around and losing every ball, Fred running like a headless chicken, Rashford being braindead, Ronaldo spending the game waving at the ref, Sancho not touching the ball once and fecking Linde at RB, you choose to slam Bruno.

And this is not fecking fair criticism. This is bashing, acting like his contributions are nothing. Looking for excuses why he actually provides this many goals and assists.

We just got through one of the most difficult and worst away game you could get in CL. Atleti away is a place where teams just can’t play their game. It wasn’t pretty, but they also created feck all, didn’t they?

Time and time again Bruno provided the crucial moment for us. And yet you blame him (the fecking attacking mf) for not giving us control of the game.

Fernandes was put in this position by Ragnick mistake and laziness of other players. We were CONSTANTLY outnumbered everywhere. We attacked with Bruno carrying the ball with no options.

Bruno started playing much better the moment Matic stepped on the field. The whole team did. This tells you a lot about the Pogba performance.

Atleti created feck all ? It wasn't much but still more than Utd

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's a bit of a gung-ho player which we all love but the problem is that you don't get away with it as much in big games. He needs to learn to keep calm and be more tactically astute especially against teams that can really hurt us.

Mainoldo

Sporting fans probably said the same thing being a mid to nothing club relying on Bruno’s magic. Then they sold him and created a team.

Just saying.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Bruno’s inability/unwillingness to adapt and take fewer risks when our midfield is getting overrun is definitely a big problem. His response to what was happening was very poor.

But that’s not as big a problem as our midfield getting overrun in the first place. And the fact that someone as average (because of his age) as Matic was enough to get the team and Bruno functioning better shows how diabolical our midfield had been up until that point.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Sporting fans probably said the same thing being a mid to nothing club relying on Bruno’s magic. Then they sold him and created a team.

Just saying.
You need stability and consistency to win a league. You're not getting that with Bruno.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Honestly think we should play him as a striker/false 9.

led_scholes

He was trying to play both as a deep lying playmaker and an advanced one simultaneously . As a dlp he is too risky and is trying to force things from behind that won't work. From the moment Matic was introduced, Fernandes became more calm and wanst loosing the ball.

captaincantona

Did you watch the game back yet? Fuk his positioning which was admittedly atrocious regardless of whether it was him being gung Ho or Ralfs design...did you see his touches? From the very first minute...loose loose loose...giving away the ball NEEDLESSLY...not under severe pressure (Athletico were pure shite!) just amateurish panic. Letting the ball get away, thinking he had more time then he did, really awful short passing. He was a disgrace plain and simple and a decent defender cuts out that poor through ball to Elanga every time. He shit his pants in that atmosphere...as did everyone else. I’m appalled.

And if you care to check back, I’m genuinely one of his biggest defenders in this thread. But let’s be honest here...we have a team with a real weak mentality...no one wanted the ball last night. No one took reposinibility till Matic came on. At least he wasnt intimidated. (Slams door and runs to the Varane thread to give him a bollocking too)

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
I’m not arguing that Bruno had a good game.

I’m arguing with people calling him useless, average, blaming the team’s failures on him and suggesting we’ll never win anything with him.

And I’m also arguing that Bruno would have had much better game with Matic and McTominay behind him and Elanga on the wing too. Because Fred, Rashford and Pogba COMPLETELY failed. They were far worse than him in a team that absolutely crumbled to pieces until the introduction of AWB, Telles and Matic!

Fernandes can’t do it all by himself. Give him proper support and watch him deliver, AS HE DID YET AGAIN.
Just watch literally every other player fail at that “simple pass” to Elanga through the middle of the defence.

People who always slam Bruno and try to ignore his contributions, are speaking exactly like opposition fans.
Most of you got winded up by Pierce slamming Beckham the other day, yet you are willing to talk shit all day about our best player since he arrived, because he had a bad game at Madrid away. Ffs.

Mainoldo

I’m arguing with people calling him useless, average, blaming the team’s failures on him and suggesting we’ll never win anything with him.

And I’m also arguing that Bruno would have had much better game with Matic and McTominay behind him and Elanga on the wing too. Because Fred, Rashford and Pogba COMPLETELY failed. They were far worse than him in a team that absolutely crumbled to pieces until the introduction of AWB, Telles and Matic!

Fernandes can’t do it all by himself. Give him proper support and watch him deliver, AS HE DID YET AGAIN.
Just watch literally every other player fail at that “simple pass” to Elanga through the middle of the defence.

People who always slam Bruno and try to ignore his contributions, are speaking exactly like opposition fans.
Most of you got winded up by Pierce slamming Beckham the other day, yet you are willing to talk shit all day about our best player since he arrived, because he had a bad game at Madrid away. Ffs.
Mate he played a ball that the defender tripped over his feet. It was hardly a Riquelme ball splitting pass. But that’s the problem we make him out to be something that he’s not. He’s Ander Herrera with a good shot and even then it’s a disjustice to Ander as he could actually recycle a football.

Your number 10 can not lack the creativity he has and expect to be a top team. That’s the issue here. Anything else is just being a blinded fan. But I understand it. We need a ‘hero’

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

He is an average player, that gets overhyped. Yesterday was typical. Gave the ball away every single time for 90 minutes, not to mention that cross that left the stadium. He should have been subbed along with Pogba.

lex talionis

Mate he played a ball that the defender tripped over his feet. It was hardly a Riquelme ball splitting pass. But that’s the problem we make him out to be something that he’s not. He’s Ander Herrera with a good shot and even then it’s a disjustice to Ander as he could actually recycle a football.

Your number 10 can not lack the creativity he has and expect to be a top team. That’s the issue here. Anything else is just being a blinded fan. But I understand it. We need a ‘hero’
Mate, it was in fact a brilliant ball. A shit performance for 99% of the match without question, but Bruno supplied the inch perfect pass for the equalizing assist.

romufc

He is an average player, that gets overhyped. Yesterday was typical. Gave the ball away every single time for 90 minutes, not to mention that cross that left the stadium. He should have been subbed along with Pogba.
Yep, that's probably Rangnick has coaching badges and you dont. If he was subbed we lose the game 1-0 coming back to Old Trafford.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Terrible but still more useful than most including Pogba in general.
Don't get why this keeps happening here. People are trying to use Pogba's performance to pacify those upset about Bruno's. Why can't people just be objective about a player.
For the record, Pogba played an absolute class ball to Bruno in the first half, one with a much higher degree of difficulty than Bruno's assist. Guess with happened to it? Bruno completely miscontrols it and it gets cleared. Yet people want to give Bruno credit for a decisive pass that probably should have been picked off.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
With Bruno playing the way he is, being enabled to play the way he is, you can kiss goodbye any serious aspiration to turn into a very good team.
His play and our goals are not compatible
We have big names on paper but the whole team is unsuited to play high quality football.

Ronaldo - aged and unsuited to cohesive football
Awb - poor on the ball
Maguire - unsuited to a front foot team (unless in a back 5)
Bruno - great end product but disappointing in the buildup
Pogba - needs a midfield three and doesn't fit with Bruno. Decision making can be suspect.
Rashford - gone to pieces
Mctominay - hasn't learned how to pass

It's a team with a lot of stars and big names but such a mish mash of tactical headaches that together will never get us playing great footy. You can deal with one or two players who pose a tactical/cohesion issue, not freaking 5/6 starters.

Gordon Godot

We have big names on paper but the whole team is unsuited to play high quality football.

Ronaldo - aged and unsuited to cohesive football
Awb - poor on the ball
Maguire - unsuited to a front foot team (unless in a back 5)
Bruno - great end product but disappointing in the buildup
Pogba - needs a midfield three and doesn't fit with Bruno. Decision making can be suspect.
Rashford - gone to pieces
Mctominay - hasn't learned how to pass

It's a team with a lot of stars and big names but such a mish mash of tactical headaches that together will never get us playing great footy. You can deal with one or two players who pose a tactical/cohesion issue, not freaking 5/6 starters.
Hang on, I thought Ole was laying great foundations with his 'rebuild'. The first four of these were his signings...

But anway, I agree with your point. Beyond Ole it reflects our main failing, its not the managers or players, its really not. Its Woodward and the other idiots running the club who have no clue about football and have no football structure or coherent decision making process in plae. They why our squad is a mess, and to expect Ralf or his successor work miracles is unreasonable. We need to put a football structure in place (and thats not Fletcher, nice guy as I am sure he is) and go from there. Until we start with the basic nothing will change.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bruno has a unique ability, that the worse he plays the more likely he is to get a goal or an assist.

I was almost certain that he'd pull out a rabbit from the hat :lol: and he did. A bit like the AC Milan game went similar.

That's the thing with him, even when he's having a stinker he can still come in clutch, it's a pretty good trait to have.

Needs to stop doing these silly flicks, tricks and dummies though as we keep losing the ball in bad areas.

Adam-Utd

He's statistically the most creative player in Europe and England alongside TAA is he not?

I really don't see how you can say he lacks creativity of all things, that's the least of his issues.

Mainoldo

He's statistically the most creative player in Europe and England alongside TAA is he not?

I really don't see how you can say he lacks creativity of all things, that's the least of his issues.
TAA literally spams crosses in from a deep wing possession like KDB use to do. We have a centre attacking midfielder doing the same thing losing the ball in key areas allow us to get overrun in the middle.

When Trent does it he still has his 3 centre midfielders playing their position. We will never be a top team having a central position populated by Bruno, he’s not that good for our team to go through him.

Sylar

There was a moment in the first half where he seemed to lose the ball three times within a minute, in our own half :lol: One was on the edge of our box.

His pass, yes it was simple for the equaliser, but he timed it right. He didnt release too early or too late. He did it at the time which lead to a goal.

Canagel

Bruno fans using manipulated creative stats to suit their narrative again. Set pieces and corners are classified as "chances created". They don't actually mean the player is a creative genius. And his "assist" was actually a feck up by the defender.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.

Bruno is a midfielder, and he can't control the midfield to save his life.
He is stat-padding numbers as a midfielder while he can't do what he is supposed to do : control the midfield.

He probably will break all the records as the most profilic midfielder in PL modern history.. still United won't win anything or challenge for anything because he can't do what he is supposed to do as a midfielder.
It will only serve him to do an Instagram post that says : "Despite my 100 assists and 80 goals at United.....

Glorio

Extreme remixing going on here... "He played a ball and the defender tripped over his feet". If you're going to rewrite history to make a point, at least do it intelligently. He played the ball the perfect weight, at the perfect time just beyond the defender, despite his attempt to tackle. Any harder or wider and Elanga's angle would have been much more difficult. It's like saying Lewandowski shot a ball and the keeper misjudged the flight of the ball to discredit him.

And to claim Bruno of all people lacks creativity? He lacks consistency in games like yesterday, sure, he needs to be less emotional and have better composure, simple as.
But he's one of the most creative players around, it's silly to try and deny that.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Well said. For all the players we have out there, we're bashing our only truly best player that gave his all and actually contributed.

I'm just wondering what's going on here. Fans trying to turn attention away from their idol players bad performance, at the cost of their Club?

kkj25

His creativity is actually outstanding as is his ability to see a pass he just doesn't have the passing ability at that same level, otherwise he probably would be in the top five midfielders of world football as it is he still is right up amongst the top ones, but not top 5, and yes perhaps he should adjust his approach depending on the situation in game but it isn't how he plays. I still think, whomever the next manager is going to be the could maybe get that into him.

El Jefe

I said earlier in this thread that he's the type of player that would be playing for Shakhtar or Fenerbache in years gone by and I stand by that. Great output but definitely not a player suited to playing for a team that's aiming for the PL or CL.

Many posters saying this might've been his worst game and I strongly disagree, he's had many games just as bad, it didn't stick out as any worse that the many shockers he's had against big teams IMO.

It's been repeated several times but no top team has a player like him for a reason. Even if you look at similar plays in the previous era like Sneijder, Lampard, Gerrard, etc they were far better in possession and at least a level above in quality. Teams only have this type of player if they are truly elite and Bruno has consistently shown he's not that for club and country at the highest level.

The United

Don't get why this keeps happening here. People are trying to use Pogba's performance to pacify those upset about Bruno's. Why can't people just be objective about a player.
For the record, Pogba played an absolute class ball to Bruno in the first half, one with a much higher degree of difficulty than Bruno's assist. Guess with happened to it? Bruno completely miscontrols it and it gets cleared. Yet people want to give Bruno credit for a decisive pass that probably should have been picked off.
You don't get that despite people claiming Pogba playing some higher degree of difficulty balls, the more useful player is Bruno?

united for life

I said earlier in this thread that he's the type of player that would be playing for Shakhtar or Fenerbache in years gone by and I stand by that. Great output but definitely not a player suited to playing for a team that's aiming for the PL or CL.

Many posters saying this might've been his worst game and I strongly disagree, he's had many games just as bad, it didn't stick out as any worse that the many shockers he's had against big teams IMO.

It's been repeated several times but no top team has a player like him for a reason. Even if you look at similar plays in the previous era like Sneijder, Lampard, Gerrard, etc they were far better in possession and at least a level above in quality. Teams only have this type of player if they are truly elite and Bruno has consistently shown he's not that for club and country at the highest level.
i don’t want to even think where we’d be without him. 50 goals, more than 25 assists, most chances created since joining. At least he tries to create chances and contributes to goals. Is there room for improvement? Definitely - especially when it comes to ball retention - i agree. But to say that he is a player that should not be playing in a top league is unreasonable in my opinion.

Adam-Utd

He is stat-padding numbers as a midfielder while he can't do what he is supposed to do : control the midfield.

He probably will break all the records as the most profilic midfielder in PL modern history.. still United won't win anything or challenge for anything because he can't do what he is supposed to do as a midfielder.
It will only serve him to do an Instagram post that says : "Despite my 100 assists and 80 goals at United.....
He does need to tidy his play up when under pressure, but he's got 2 other team mates with him. He's doing his job of scoring and assisting - what are the others doing?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Midfielder don't control midfield by themselves, it's a team game and the way coach sets up the team controls the midfield.

Also he isn't a traditional midfielder, he is attacking mid. ManUtd won't win titles as we have too many average players and hire poor coaches, not because Bruno is scoring and assisting at good rate.

roonster09

Scout
He does need to tidy his play up when under pressure, but he's got 2 other team mates with him. He's doing his job of scoring and assisting - what are the others doing?
Not just 2 other teammates, it's 10 other teammates. Teams control game using 11 players on the pitch, including GKs, FBs play important role either by stretching the game or by coming inside to give numerical advantage, strikers by either stretching the defense or dropping deep to give passing option, wingers by coming inside or combining with FBs creating numerical advantage.

It's a team game and hilarious that single players are criticized for not controlling midfield, same shit is repeated for years, at least since Pogba was signed that he isn't controlling the midfield.

roonster09

Scout
I said earlier in this thread that he's the type of player that would be playing for Shakhtar or Fenerbache in years gone by and I stand by that.
So you were wrong and still are wrong. Good.

roonster09

Scout
Look who it is Statman Roon :wenger:

The Fenerbache bit was tongue in cheek. Long story short he's not a top player and never will be IMO.
replying to 'El-wrongoneverything'? (don't take it seriously btw :D )

Anyways top player, world class is all just meaningless term with different definition for different people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.