Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

And Portugal didnt know how to use him :lol:
It will probably help United that he got 'rested' and portugal were out early.

What a man. Hes just always involved, he takes chances, but mostly in positions which wont cost us. And if it doesnt work out, you know he will chase and work hard to get it back.

BlackBen

Meh! He only scores penalties.

I actually wanted him to score a penalty just to piss off opposing fans. :lol: :lol:

Our magnifico:devil:

Sting

Such a reliable player. I don't think I have ever seen him scuff a shot.

lloyd2wayne

What an extraordinary phenomenal player. He enjoys scoring and assisting and that’s what makes him hungrier everyday.

Bird Nerd

What a display today! Critics should be quiet as no penalties for the goals……..

Walters_19_MuFc

I’d argue Bruno was more of an 8 today than he was for large portions last year. Yes he was making runs beyond but he also was more connected to the midfield and buzzing around much more, which is what I said we would need from him this year.
His performance today was very much what we saw from him last year, especially at the start of the season. He lost his form during the last bit of the season but still produced decent numbers.

The United

I’d argue Bruno was more of an 8 today than he was for large portions last year. Yes he was making runs beyond but he also was more connected to the midfield and buzzing around much more, which is what I said we would need from him this year.
He was not playing as an 8. He tracked back and chased as he has always done. There were 2 8s behind him.

And, doing a second striker job while playing no 8 is not sustainable for anyone. It is a whole world difference.

Castia

What a player

Attacker midfielder with a strikers goal record I love the guy.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He was not playing as an 8. He tracked back and chased as he has always done. There were 2 8s behind him.

And, doing a second striker job while playing no 8 is not sustainable for anyone. It is a whole world difference.
he had two 6s behind him, not 8s.

The United

he had two 6s behind him, not 8s.
Both players are closer to 8 than 6 and definitely played like 8s in this game. Look at how often Tommy surged forward and Fred got a goal.

But, the point is why would someone plays or needs to play as an 8 when you have 2 players behind you doing the job already.

Last edited:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
An absolute beast of a player. Pure winner and you can see how he raises the level of the whole team too.

Lights Out

Absolutely love the man. He was phenomenal today.

The second goal where he sat the keeper on his arse and sent the defender for a hot dog was beautiful.

Best signing since Ronaldo.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Midfield Ronaldo if there ever was one. Statistic machine and real winner.

NK86

What a player

Attacker midfielder with a strikers goal record I love the guy.
Yet you have people on here who were crying that they would trade him for Grealish, a guy whose G+A contribution is not even half Bruno's. The guy is a natural leader. It's amazing how he has single-handedly turned us around.

Faetheshire86

Did someone forget to tell him we are easing the goal scoring burden on him this season?

MattofManchester

Yet you have people on here who were crying that they would trade him for Grealish, a guy whose G+A contribution is not even half Bruno's. The guy is a natural leader. It's amazing how he has single-handedly turned us around.
No no. Grealish doesn't give the ball away as much and wins more fouls.
Those are infinitely more important than Bruno's goals and assists. :houllier:

LoneStar

His movement and finishing are underrated. He's wc in creating chances, but pretty much there for finishing them as well.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Grealish scored six goals last season. Bruno already halfway to matching that in one game. :lol:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
His best performance for us? Off the top of my head can't remember a better one.

Shark

@NotShark
Honestly can't think of a better attacking midfielder in world football when he plays like this. De Bruyne doesn't bang in hattricks as well as assists.

Castia

Yeah the Grealish thread is a embarrassment. One of the worst threads I’ve read on here tbh it’s ridiculous.

Robertd0803

I think he took Oles comment about easing the goal scoring burden as a challenge. :)

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I like his post match interview as well. Almost like he is the leader of the team. He said with that mentality the team could achieve something and how the team knows what Pogba can do so its not only about Pogba's assists but about Pogba as a player. Hopefully this season ends well, Pogba stays and we sign Haaland :keano: thats when we win Copa America.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of his best performances. He’s an assassin in front of goal but his overall play & ball retention was better today. The short break has done him the world of good.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't know how anyone can watch Bruno and believe, somehow, the team would be better if he played as an #8 not a #10. His contribution to the team in the final third is incredible. Has been from day one. Moving him further from the opposition goal only helps the opposition. Thankfully Ole's tactics aren't based on social media mentions.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
But my Jack "best player in the PL" "level above Bruno" Grealish :(

Utd fans don't have a clue, what a gem we have in Bruno. Absolute machine.

The United

But my Jack "best player in the PL" "level above Bruno" Grealish :(

Utd fans don't have a clue, what a gem we have in Bruno. Absolute machine.
Jack is Ronaldinho's level player though. Bruno had nothing on him.

OrcaFat

One of his best performances. He’s an assassin in front of goal but his overall play & ball retention was better today. The short break has done him the world of good.
Somehow we have got to keep the guy fresh which means resting him sometimes.

It will not be easy deciding when to do it but if Sancho settles in, and Rashford gets back before too long, then it should be possible to do without ripping all the potency out of the team; last year we couldn’t seem to attack, or barely anyway, without him on the pitch.

The United

I don't know how anyone can watch Bruno and believe, somehow, the team would be better if he played as an #8 not a #10. His contribution to the team in the final third is incredible. Has been from day one. Moving him further from the opposition goal only helps the opposition. Thankfully Ole's tactics aren't based on social media mentions.
Shows how logical thinking is hard for some. But, tbh, they were trying to shoehorn players like Pogba and VDB. Not that they think Bruno will be better as a 8 (or do they?). And, you could understand with Pogba. But, for VDB in current showing...

Andersons Dietician

He was brilliant today and if anything this showed me why he needs to be an 8 more to get Pogba with him further up the pitch. I actually felt he was playing a little deeper at times and timing his runs to perfection. His finishing today especially the 3rd was incredible. The difficulty on that atttempt was up there and he finished it brilliantly. One of the best performances I can recall seeing from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.