5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The United

He was brilliant today and if anything this showed me why he needs to be an 8 more to get Pogba with him further up the pitch. I actually felt he was playing a little deeper at times and timing his runs to perfection. His finishing today especially the 3rd was incredible. The difficulty on that atttempt was up there and he finished it brilliantly. One of the best performances I can recall seeing from him.
@#07 see above post.

Devil may care

A perfect start for Bruno, he was combining well with Pogba and Mason and bagged a quality hat-trick with the 3rd goal being the pick of the bunch for me.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Does anyone know the points per game before and after signing bruno for ole?

mav_9me

Hopefully he continues with this goalscoring. This is more like the Sporting Bruno if I am not mistaken

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Is Bruno a God? I mean, a for real God, with thunder and lightning and togas and massive white beards and stuff.

No, don't laugh it off. You know it's totally possible.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
I find it amusing how there is this perceived tier system where goal celebrations are concerned. The "knee slide" is quite obviously the very pinnacle of goal infused ecstasy and should only be performed on an occasion befitting of its grand allure. An old-school Alan Shearer inspired single arm held aloft would be just the right amount of subtle appreciation for his goalscoring craftsmanship, whilst at the same time not being too self-indulgent.
Old post, but still made me chuckle.

RedDevilzFox

Bruno is money. Can't remember the last time someone came to United and had this sort of impact from Day 1. Have to go way back...

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
That volley when he smashed it first time from the throw in and switched the play to another side was a thing of beauty in itself. Just showed his level of confidence.

RedSinha

Hilarious to think some posters on here were saying we're better off as a team without him. The belief Bruno singlehandedly brings to this team is invaluable!

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
So Bruno first game for United… 3 goals. Jota first 30 minutes for Liverpool… goal. One was benched for his last 2 games and the other was terrible the entire Euros.

I fecking hate Santos, he is criminally destroying this generation of players, cannot wait for @Peyroteo excuses regarding Qatar WC where he will explain to everyone here that’s not Santos fault, we aren’t entitled to win more than 1 game in 90 minutes in any international competition because we aren’t Brazil or Germany.

I will repeat again. Feck off Santos and all his apologists, from now on I won’t watch Portugal with that clown as a manager.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He's the closest thing we'll ever get to the second coming of the greatest centre forward that the world has ever seen.
This guy is suggesting that Bruno is actually Eric Cantona regenerated.

I mean, you've never seen them in the same room, right? Maybe, just maybe.

Goku1983

Anyone who dislikes Bruno is a fake fan in my estimation either a rival fan being salty pretending to be a United fan or some strange plastic fan its impossible not to love him!

Mr PG

My favorite united player of all time. Best player in the league followed by Pogba then Sancho then Grealish and I’m serious.

Mr PG

Sancho might still have a say in the order I listed. Loved his velvety touch and awareness… feck me… like Dortmund officials were rumored to comment… “we don’t think United realize what a good player Sancho is! .” When united seemed intent on nickel and diming and haggling endlessly for Sancho’s services.

criticalanalysis

Fantastic all around game.

I don't know how anyone can watch Bruno and believe, somehow, the team would be better if he played as an #8 not a #10. His contribution to the team in the final third is incredible. Has been from day one. Moving him further from the opposition goal only helps the opposition. Thankfully Ole's tactics aren't based on social media mentions.
It's not that straight forward though. In 70% of games, we more than have the quality for Bruno to play whenever he wants.

It's the other 30% of games when the going gets tough against resilient teams or when we're not up for it, not fresh and/or having an off day. The issue with having Bruno at 10/so far ahead is that we lose midfield control and we don't quite have the players or tactical set up unless we're asking the likes of Rashford/Greenwood/Sancho/Martial/Cavani etc to be more disciplined as it becomes a 4-2-4. As we've seen many times last season, what ends up happening is that you live and die by Bruno's risk taking.

I'm not against playing counter attack, ceding possession etc but you've got to careful for what you wish for and ensure if you are going to play a certain way, be fully invested in it. For Ole that means not shoe horning certain players in certain positions and being really tactically smart. It worked against Leeds today, where I was surprised with Biesla's naive approach again but like last season against Villareal, where the difference in fitness and quality is reduced after a long hard season (fatique/injuries etc), you can't just expect things to fall into play alone with individual quality. I don't want to be a downer but we've seen fantastic starts to the year with Mourinho and Ole before (both second season and after the Covid restart) but then as our freshness goes and teams counter-press and adapt, we've seen the drop-off.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Razor sharp against Everton and again today. Hat-trick, with no pens? You have to rate it. But in general, he was just sharp.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Hilarious to think some posters on here were saying we're better off as a team without him. The belief Bruno singlehandedly brings to this team is invaluable!
Didn't see a single post of that. But some criticism he really deserves. He was tired last season and we should manage his game time much better. Can we convince him to sit some games out though? :lol: Seems like maybe the biggest problem for Solskjaer, the guy likes every minute..

Superb hatrick and some nice pieces of play against the team who deserves to be smashed.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Did an ITW for french TV after the game and great words for Pogba as well. This guy is a true leader and good to have him back and happy after a horrible Euro where he looked miserable

RUCK4444

He is fecking lethal and is the type of player that can have an unplayable spell where he can singlehandedly rip a side apart.

His runs and movement were absolutely on point. I think he can play false 9, not sure we would want him in that role though.

Big shout to Pogba who I thought was man of the match today though. Created chances for fun.

Winrar

On a more serious note, he is one of the best signing any club could've hoped for and it didn't cost an arm and a leg for us either.

I don't know if I could be any more bullish with this player at this point short of starting to make ridiculous comparisons to GOATs.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That volley when he smashed it first time from the throw in and switched the play to another side was a thing of beauty in itself. Just showed his level of confidence.
That pass to AWB? yeh. It's like he has an eye on the back of his head.

jem

So Bruno first game for United… 3 goals. Jota first 30 minutes for Liverpool… goal. One was benched for his last 2 games and the other was terrible the entire Euros.

I fecking hate Santos, he is criminally destroying this generation of players, cannot wait for @Peyroteo excuses regarding Qatar WC where he will explain to everyone here that’s not Santos fault, we aren’t entitled to win more than 1 game in 90 minutes in any international competition because we aren’t Brazil or Germany.

I will repeat again. Feck off Santos and all his apologists, from now on I won’t watch Portugal with that clown as a manager.
Wow that's some strong feeling there - Portugal were certainly underwhelming in the Euros, so maybe a new coach is needed. Side note: I fecking love Lisbon. One of my last vacations before this stupid pandemic. Can't wait to go back again!

mu4c_20le

You'd have to be a pretty shit coach to make Bruno look like Donny tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.