Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
For 2 years, he's been our best player, I wouldn't judge him so harshly.
He's no Messi to carry the team on his back every game.
I disagree. He's never been our best player. His general level of performance has remained consistent in terms of his general play. He's just scoring less, which us not winning as many penalties is a key factor in.

I'm glad people are realising how overrated he is.

Telsim

A big club would thank him for his service, but realize he is expended, and keep an eye open for replacement. Not in immediate need, but the moment is definitely coming. He is capable of genuine world class moments, but his general play leaves much to be desired. I'd take a player that delivers less of the former and more of the latter. You can compete, but you won't win anything without consistency.

BorisManUtd

Other than doing great for Sancho's goal, he was very poor. At one occasion he was careless and lost the ball in dangerous area, luckily we didn't concede but that happened many times now since he joined us. 3/10 performance, though for some reason I gave him and most of other players a 4/10.

redshaw

I hoped Ralf would reign him in a bit but he's worse than ever. I don't mind a little wastefulness if you're risking balls forward but it's gone way past acceptable standards.

Perhaps though it's also a lot to do with the forwards as well. We could depend on Rashford, Martial and Greenwood to do a half decent job previously but this season has been a catastrophe in form and one has been set away while another put away and last one away with the fairies. Ronaldo has ground to a halt since Christmas. Cavani did well at this point last season but is nowhere to be seen

Bruno was his best in the counter attack and had lots to aim for. Our attack has been pretty much decimated and the little we have is so disjointed.

I remember City and Pool coming to OT for a draw it was that lethal.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Absolutely anonymous in pretty much every big game he plays in. A massive issue in this league.

kundalini

That was a terrible performance from Fernandes. He wasted so many promising openings with awful passes.

Devil’s Trident

Amazing stat padder, Possession hater, Wonderful moaner, Faux leader and Master of incoherent, chaotic, accidental , kamikaze football.

Would give away the ball cheaply, would put the team under pressure time and time again, would make 100 useless passes then would get lucky with one of them and muppets would rejoice declaring him our lord and saviour. An average technician but a brilliant tactician.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Absolutely anonymous in pretty much every big game he plays in. A massive issue in this league.
The problem is not that he's anonymous. It's that he's an actual hindrance to us and an advantage to the opposition. Being anonymous would be a step up for him.

Artorias

Amazing stat padder, Possession hater, Wonderful moaner, Faux leader and Master of incoherent, chaotic, accidental , kamikaze football.

Would give away the ball cheaply, would put the team under pressure time and time again, would make 100 useless passes then would get lucky with one of them and muppets would rejoice declaring him our lord and saviour. An average technician but a brilliant tactician.
Bruno is the new Pogba. Nowardays is very useless.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's never been about carrying the team but doing much more basic stuff. Like stop faking injuries when he loses the ball in dangerous situations. It is something he does frequently and it's fecking pathetic

Irwin99

That is one of the theories why he was so good under Ole. Seems to thrive when the game gets crazier :lol:

He and Pogba had a big part to play in our goal and as I said in the game against Madrid i always fancy him to bag an assist or a goal but he's so erratic at times. Maybe you can probably see why no other club was linked with him at the time.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Fecking sick of people thinking he's on KDB level or that level of player. He's a talisman style player that thrives in an underdog team that is willing to let him do whatever he wants, but he'll never thrive in any sort of club or system that looks to compete at the top. He's much too erratic, and doesn't have the required technical skill in tight spaces to make up for the misplaced passes and bad decisions.

Great goalscorer, and quality creator in the final third but he's a style of player that would have thrived 20 years ago with more space. We could throw him back in his old role as a 10 with license to roam and do whatever like what he got when he first came to the club, but that system will never beat any team worth a shite.

Marwood

He started well but the sheer amount of graft he was putting in on his own was silly and would obviously end up in a knackered performance. Then he just became disillusioned.

Had the team been performing and given him a platform I think Bruno would have put in a performance.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He started well but the sheer amount of graft he was putting in on his own was silly and would obviously end up in a knackered performance. Then he just became disillusioned.

Had the team been performing and given him a platform I think Bruno would have put in a performance.
You cannot disconnect him from the team, he has too little moments of quality for the team to have that platform

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Good player, but a bit overrated.

Probably tiktok zoomers stat-lovers think he is top 5 midfield in the world, thanks to his stats...but he can't control the midfield to save his life.

Would have been a great player for Man Utd in the 60s, as most people wouldn't have been able to watch him unless they were in the stadium, so the next day all you would see in newspapers is that he scored a goal or gave an assist.

Last edited:

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It's never been about carrying the team but doing much more basic stuff. Like stop faking injuries when he loses the ball in dangerous situations. It is something he does frequently and it's fecking pathetic
Yes with that I agree, he tries to be involved everywhere and forgets that near your box there is no use to risk giving the ball away, even if you get that free kick you put your team in danger.

Not long ago many of our fans regarded him as better than KDB, looking at some posts now, I wonder how important is momentum and form, someone once said that you are as good as the last game you've played.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I disagree. He's never been our best player. His general level of performance has remained consistent in terms of his general play. He's just scoring less, which us not winning as many penalties is a key factor in.

I'm glad people are realising how overrated he is.
Who was?

I feel like there's a lot of revisionism happening here based on his current form/level of performances. He was horrid tonight though.

Roux

KDB just showed him what a great player is.

When Bruno fell to the floor AGAIN after losing the ball on the edge of the box and cried for a free kicked i laughed - it's comical now.

The Viper

How shit is his passing ? How many times does he give the ball away in a game ? He sometimes makes simple passes look so difficult to execute. On top of that when pressed 9/10 times he will give the ball away and start rolling on the floor.

Cloud7

His goal & assist output masks his performance level, but he really hasn't been his usual self since about December 2020. This season he hasn't been good enough, and the quicker we lessen our reliance on him in attack, the quicker we can play as a more cohesive attacking unit.
Yup

RedIan

Good player, but a bit overrated.

Probably tiktok zoomers stat-lovers think he is top 5 midfield in the world, thanks to his stats...but he can't control the midfield to save his life.

Would have been a great player for Man Utd in the 60s, as most people wouldn't have been able to watch him unless they were in the stadium, so the next day all you would see in newspapers is that he scored a goal or gave an assist.
that’s because he is a 10 and not central midfield. His game isnt about control it’s about creation. His stats show he creates more than most in the premiership. He misplaces passes but keeps going and Invariably gets the assist with a killer pass.
(I accept he was poor today but also played as a false 9 )

tomaldinho1

The enigma of football, if 9 passes are mislaid and present the opponents with counter opportunities but 1 is an assist or goal, does that make him a good player? I can’t think of a player who has such a high top level and such an awful general level.

The Oracle

Please speak. Was against his signing for precisely what we see on a regular basis.
Football is not all about statistics. There are areas of his game that kill the team on a consistent basis.
The Sporting fans explicitly told us his general game was very erratic. You can't have a player at this level whose general play is this bad so often.
This is something that I noticed today.

There was a couple of minutes phase of play after half time, where Bruno lost the ball on 3 x consecutive occasions...
1 - misplaced a pass to Elanga
2 - over hit a pass to Elanga
3 - crossed the ball straight to Ederson

I couldn't believe what I saw.

It really showed how consistently poor he is. He is so wasteful with the ball. Today it absolutely destroyed our confidence. We know that City retain the ball really really well. Bruno today gave the ball straight back to City three times in what would have been 3 minutes. It was shockingly poor from him.

the_cliff

Won't ever to control a game with Bruno playing as a 10, especially against the big boys.

Brophs

The One and Only
Around the time of Sanchez signing this notion sprang up on here that players that try things misplace the ball and that’s just how it is. They weren’t to be criticised for it. Which is bollocks. They might misplace the ball a bit more but they don’t suddenly lose the ability to play 5 yard passes a dozen times a game. He needs to tidy it the feck up. His play so often this season has been immature and self-indulgent. He’s a great player but he can do way more.

Pearl.Jam

I was blinded by the initial performances when he arrived as his goal ratio was something we hadn’t been used to from midfield (ish) but yeah, he’s actually a bit average and I have never seen someone give the ball away when totally free from any pressure in a bloody long time…depressing really

UncleBob

Not the problem, but I also doubt he's part of the solution.

Weird to compare him with the player he was when he first arrived, not sure if he's trying too hard or what the problem is these days but he's absolute shit.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I haven’t worked in football for decades or something so I shouldn’t speak apparently. After his first few months with us I said I see him as a substitute in the long term and was met with ridicule. I still stand by this position (I’m sure many will still see it as a ridiculous one but each to their own). In the simplest of terms, we need a better footballer at the heart of all of our play.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The enigma of football, if 9 passes are mislaid and present the opponents with counter opportunities but 1 is an assist or goal, does that make him a good player? I can’t think of a player who has such a high top level and such an awful general level.
Generally, I'd agree. But there's quite a lot of them in our team. De Gea, Pogba, Shaw, Rashford, Martial, modern day Ronaldo. Obviously, there's also plenty who don't have a high top level.

mu4c_20le

Not the problem, but I also doubt he's part of the solution.

Weird to compare him with the player he was when he first arrived, not sure if he's trying too hard or what the problem is these days but he's absolute shit.
It's weird because it's a different manager with a different system.

MrEleson

Someone hit the nail on the head when they said he might be the worst player with good stats ever.

chisnall_red

Supports
Citeh
This is a strange myth that pops up every time he has one of his pretty regular crap games I see
Can’t remember more than a rub if 3 or 4 games where he might have carried that mantle

darko

I think he cares but ... I think he tries to do too much in the sense he's not trusting teammates and he too often tries the low percentage pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.