Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We want to believe that things are going to change but you see this guy get a new contract.... Not a single thought goes through his head when he has the ball, he just throws it inside the box and wishes for the best.
But this is, and always was, his game. It’s just that he’s not hitting the mark anymore, so suddenly people care.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why the hell did he take a penalty ? I was 100 % sure he would miss it. His body language was lacking the confidence
Made zero sense. Ronaldo has been in good goal scoring form, already had one, and is the biggest of all the big game players.
Baffling.

Always the risk with his style of pen taking as the smart keepers wait as long as possible, and when they don't move you can easily skew it.

Romez

I don't care about the missed penalty, anyone can miss them.

I just hate how he loses the ball so much and always tries to go for Hollywood passes.

jesperjaap

Hasn’t been convincing since the winter/spring of 2021.
Agree if you delete Winter.

Been hammered on here loads for sayign he isnt world class and its ridiculous comparign him to the likes of DeBruyne and Cantona.

Been livign of his first 4/5months here for a long time now.

Thing is, he is a very good player, he works hard and can make things happen. But he certainly isnt world class, even in his purple patch he would frustrate me a lot the amount of times he gave the ball away.

His age and givign him a new contract, especially with a new manager comign in was complete and utter madness.

He most certainly still has a future here and is a valuable member of the side. His form will improve..............but I am not sure how he fits in with the supposed Ten Hag brand of football as he is quite ill disciplined off of the ball, works hi ssocks of but just runs all over the place, and the lack of consistency with the ball, I think he could have a fight on for his place next season. VDb suits Ten Hags system (still think he fails here), Hannibal may brak through properly next year.

I think in our side he will become like he is finall becoming on this forum....not untouchable

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The question to ask is whether he’s coachable. I still don’t know the answer to that because why would he opt to play like he does if he had the capability of playing in a more considered manner?

Idxomer

The question to ask is whether he’s coachable. I still don’t know the answer to that because why would he opt to play like he does if he had the capability of playing in a more considered manner?
That's what many of us are saying, he doesn't have the tools to play differently.

He can play a bit better than the last few months but the ceiling for a team with Bruno at the centre of it is what we saw under Ole which turned out not to be good enough.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's my worry too. It's possible that nuanced, measured and intelligent build up play isn't in his game.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
That's what many of us are saying, he doesn't have the tools to play differently.

He can play a bit better than the last few months but the ceiling for a team with Bruno at the centre of it is what we saw under Ole which turned out not to be good enough.
That's my worry too. It's possible that nuanced, measured and intelligent build up play isn't in his game.
It’s a real problem for us, and him, because the dial shifts so wildly with him from moment to moment let alone game to game; when it comes off, he’s generally absolved for his game, but when it doesn’t, it makes for a terribly, terribly wasteful footballer.

I don’t think it’s an issue, for a forward, but in midfield, it’s a liability others have to carry, which is always proven in top 6 games.

If he can’t function as a cog, I just can’t see a place for him as a midfielder beyond this season.

Godfather

No idea what position to play him in. He isn't a very good 10. Nor is he a proper 8

Last edited:

Canagel

Honestly, you deserve your props. You warned us months ago and I remember specifically laughing at you using the "stat padder" expression :(:wenger: You were 100% right sadly.
I'm fully open for the apologies. Its never too late to change your footballing opinions. ;)

Tbh I have more problems with people that say things with chest and when they are proven wrong about something either double down or just go missing and refuse to accept the harsh reality that is staring at them in the face but whatever. I never had a agenda but simply said what I saw. Others chose to bury their heads in the sand and throw manipulated G/A stats at me. Either way I'm content. Maybe the Bruno experience can be turn out to be a reality check for this fanbase.

DDG FC

I don't care about the missed penalty, anyone can miss them.

I just hate how he loses the ball so much and always tries to go for Hollywood passes.
I don't like his body language, always blame the others, even that is his fault.

Canagel

We need to sell whilst the delusions of thinking he's a good player are still rampant within the footballing world.
Who will buy him off us and take those wages? Maybe we can finesse a club like Atletico or Inter but none of the big clubs will take him and he will have to take a paycut to go to a smaller club. We may have to pay his wages and send him on loan or something but I can't see him getting easily sold soon.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Umm. Can you name the games on this list?
There’s fecking loads of games against City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs where regardless of team performance and result Pogba has produced performances in the context of each game that Bruno, at this point, can only dream of.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
There’s fecking loads of games against City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs where regardless of team performance and result Pogba has produced performances in the context of each game that Bruno, at this point, can only dream of.
Still, you haven't named a single game. Thanks anyways.

jem

I'm fully open for the apologies. Its never too late to change your footballing opinions. ;)

Tbh I have more problems with people that say things with chest and when they are proven wrong about something either double down or just go missing and refuse to accept the harsh reality that is staring at them in the face but whatever. I never had a agenda but simply said what I saw. Others chose to bury their heads in the sand and throw manipulated G/A stats at me. Either way I'm content. Maybe the Bruno experience can be turn out to be a reality check for this fanbase.
yeah but the problem is that you went conveniently quiet when he played well, which was not an uncommon situation last season. He has been absolutely garbage this season, no question about it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I would sign Eriksen on free. Bruno could always get his form back but I would start looking for his replacement. He has been horrible.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Yeah, it's never good to be stubborn like that, the stats were nice tbh but they covered a lot of deficiencies

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Who will buy him off us and take those wages? Maybe we can finesse a club like Atletico or Inter but none of the big clubs will take him and he will have to take a paycut to go to a smaller club. We may have to pay his wages and send him on loan or something but I can't see him getting easily sold soon.
Simeone would rather have McT.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Awful at the basics. Good job on the contract

El Zoido

Some people here need to check themselves. Bruno is still top drawer. The team is shit, we’re in a bad moment. His form hasn’t been great but he’s a player you want around. His time will come again.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Some people here need to check themselves. Bruno is still top drawer. The team is shit, we’re in a bad moment. His form hasn’t been great but he’s a player you want around. His time will come again.
Well whatever his time might entail, it certainly won't involve delivering the major honours, simply because he isn't good enough to do so.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I think he’ll come good when he’s got better players around him someone that can mop up when he loses the ball. Bruno doesn’t worry me at all, he’s just going through a period of bad form.

united for life

I think he’ll come good when he’s got better players around him someone that can mop up when he loses the ball. Bruno doesn’t worry me at all, he’s just going through a period of bad form.
thank you. Finally some sense in this thread. He proved that he can be quality and can lead the team. This is no a theory, it’s something that we’ve seen for a year and the half. This year was bad for him in general, but look at this team, it’s less than average. He needs a better group around him obviously and he needs to rest - he’s always in the starting 11 which is not sustainable

bakalhau

I watch almost all of Portugal’s matches, Ronaldo can’t stand Jota one bit for example, and seems to be infuriated by Bruno often.
Yes, I do also see that with Jota in terms of gestures. But being infuriated at someone or making frustrated gestures doesn't mean you don't like said person. I can't speak for Jota/Ronnie relationship, but I'm 99% positive about Bruno and him.

Not sure if you guys saw since it was a quick cut, but Ronaldo immediately went to comfort and support Bruno after he missed the pen, and Ronaldo will specially do that to players he cares about in a deeper way (like on that Elanga pen miss).

Regardless, was just a side note from me, don't wanna derail it too much since this is about his performances.

I think Bruno needs some guidance from Ronnie and any coach into improving his emotional side of the game. The negative from his emotional side is his decision making seems to go out the door the moment his team or he is against the wall, the positive side is that I honestly can see that he cares, at the very least, which is something I am not feeling from lots of other players.

BlueHaze

And what separates the good players from the average ones is that even during bad times they can still go out and perform well. I've defended Bruno from the day we signed him thinking that he was one of the big characters in the team but he has shown this year that when things turn sour he falls into the same category as the others and constantly puts up sloppy below par performances.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Been a lot longer than a period.

Status
Not open for further replies.