Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Played very well. Didn’t try stupid passes and kept it smart.

Vaibhav Raj

Gave his all for the team and never stopped running. He made quite a few interceptions too. I always thought he's a poor ball winner and pressed like a headless chicken but fair play to Ten hag as he seems to have turned Bruno in a more potent player defensively. Offensively, he still needs to be able to give that little bit more simply because of the standards set by him when he was at his best. But as long as he can contribute to the team the way he did today, he should be on one of the first names on the sheet.

tomaldinho1

Thought he was great today. Some Bruno silly passes but far less than usual and a lovely nutmeg as well.

Giggs' right foot

Goldbridge right now talking about Bruno having a bad game and looking for hollywood passes constantly... sigh.

This was his best game this calendar year I think. Constantly pressed, passed in compact spaces and successfully beat his man multiple times.

youngrell

Very good. And maintained his influence on the game even after moving out wide. Could be a nice little switch late in games that we are leading in as it gives him more space to create problems.

Lecland07

Whilst an improvement over previous games, he does need to start producing more in terms of creativity and goals again.

klayton88

Is everyone forgetting how sloppy he can be? He's either sloppy or brilliant. Gave ball away on edge of their box which led to a fk on edge of ours and a booking for somebody.

Vaibhav Raj

Goldbridge right now talking about Bruno having a bad game and looking for hollywood passes constantly... sigh.

This was his best game this calendar year I think. Constantly pressed, passed in compact spaces and successfully beat his man multiple times.
He constantly tries to hop on on bandwagon when fans are being over the top in criticizing a player. That is despite him having originally maintained a different stance. Afterall he is earning a livelihood from YouTube. Bruno is one of the players fans have recently been aggressively berating and Goldbridge probably assumed every one is going to be on Bruno's case after this game too.

Last edited:

flameinthesun

Todays game shows what Bruno brings over Eriksen. Both tried a few creative passes that didnt come off, both were good with their recycling of the ball but what Bruno has over eriksen is the ability to dribble, his tenacity, workrate and fitness.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Todays game shows what Bruno brings over Eriksen. Both tried a few creative passes that didnt come off, both were good with their recycling of the ball but what Bruno has over eriksen is the ability to dribble, his tenacity, workrate and fitness.
I agree Bruno has better fitness, but he sure as shit isn't a good dribbler. He's also not two footed like Eriksen, but a bit more of a goal threat. Both have their uses.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Much better today than Saturday. Played within the flow of the game which still found him with plenty of opportunities to impact it. Took his risks in good positions while also playing some clever tidy stuff in the middle of the park. That's the Bruno I hope to continue seeing, not the petulant pseudo striker that plays like a shot clock has been added to football. More of that on Sunday please.

Welbeckham

That’s exactly how he plays. Works incredibly hard, is involved in lot, lots of terrible passes, lots of great passes. I think that was an above average performance from him.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Thought he was a bit less maverick which is what he needs if he wants to fit into a ETH system. Very good performance from him tonight.

Abraxas

Has worked like a dog this season. Tireless. If he can keep this up I feel he'll get his reward as the season progresses. It's not always tidy but the example he is setting up front is important. His consistency of passing and decisions were better today too.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
This is the bruno I love to see and one that I can think can fit in Ten Hags system. His biggest weakness has been giving balls away cheaply and being careless in general. If he takes control of the ball more like today he can become a much better player (even if it means less goals and assists)

Glorio

If I were to encapsulate his play in one word: intelligent

Reiver

There were still a lot of negative comments in the match day thread but I don't understand why, I thought he was very good and is making a decent fist of being captain.

NoPace

The inexperienced young Leicester LB Thomas made a mistake positionally and Bruno won the game by getting into that space and then Rashford not messing up his first touch

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Worked his socks off today, had a very good game.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Agree with the general sentiment tonight. Worked his arse off and played very well.

Posh Red

Whilst an improvement over previous games, he does need to start producing more in terms of creativity and goals again.
It’s nice to see us winning games without relying on him pulling magic out of the hat consistently. I see this as more sustainable.

That’s my positive spin on it anyway!

Irwin99

I thought he was good yet again. Sets the tone with his energy.

Real Name

Very good game, was everything, did everything, as it was said here a captains performance if I ever saw one.

MattofManchester

His work rate and fitness is endless. I'm amazed at his injury record given how hard he does work.

His creativity is hard to judge. Our front line is constantly poor and tend to break down attacks. On the other hand, should have done better for his goal opportunity, and Ronaldo should have played him in after he came on. Both would have made the game much more comfortable for us.

ash_86

Good game from Bruno. The way he moved onto the space is itself an assist for our goal. Needs to do more of the same.

Rossa

I always feel bad when he is pulled to either wing, but he works out quite well there. He's not lightening, but he's quick enough to challenge in foot races, and he has an uncanny ability to get the ball past the defender with some clumsy dribbling.
The Norwegian commentator thought he looked knackered in the 75th minute, only for Bruno to make a 60 yard recovery run straight after. What an engine!

Drizzle

His stamina and intensity over the last 3 games has been immense. The quality of his football has been variable, but he's an important presence on the pitch for us.

mikeyt

This, It's good to see him putting in a shift but that should be par for the course. He's in the team to create chances and score goals, I'd still rather Eriksen play his role.

Jcrossley94

Think Bruno is absolutely key to the way EtH wants us to play. Energy all the time, constantly finding space, closing down.

if he can sharpen up some of his passing/decision making in the build up he’ll be perfect

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Ability to dribble? Is this threat about the Bruno Fernandes that plays for Manchester United? Because he sure as shit cannot dribble to save his life

Jcrossley94

Ability to dribble? Is this threat about the Bruno Fernandes that plays for Manchester United? Because he sure as shit cannot dribble to save his life
Presumably you accept he’s a better dribbler than Eriksen though, which I believe was his point?

Ole'sattheWheel

Weird player, he seems to make stupid decisions and sloppy passes when he has time and space on the ball. But then like his goal v Southampton will pull of fantastic passes or first time shots if he just has a split second to react.

It’s like he can get into his own head if he has to think about it

Roux

Been very critical of him the last year or so - but thought last night was his best game in a while, still has much to improve on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.