6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregor

Much better than in previous matches. He could have scored 2 goals if Ronaldo wasn't in his way.

Lyng

Much better than in previous matches. He could have scored 2 goals if Ronaldo wasn't in his way.
Him and Ronaldo often being in the way of each other tells the whole story about Bruno's terrible positioning. He plays like a second striker instead of a 10.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There's a difference between poor completion and stupid, wasteful usage of the ball. At least with the former, if the idea was right whilst the execution was off, you get a grimace and move on; with the latter it's very poor critical thinking and in-game intelligence.
IMO this all depends on how the player is rated or viewed as. One is looked as some technical wizard and other is a hit and hope merchant.

I have seen Eriksen playing some stupid passes, same like Bruno, having CM with around 74% completion rate is very poor. I think perception will change once the new signing period is over and if we hit rough patch. Then you will see all sort of negative stats floating around.

Tbf I have no problem with that, creative player losing possession is not a problem as long as team press well to win it back, just that how the player with identical stats in almost 80-90% categories are viewed so differently.

gregor

Him and Ronaldo often being in the way of each other tells the whole story about Bruno's terrible positioning. He plays like a second striker instead of a 10.
He is a second striker. He doesn't have a passing range or creativity to be a 10. He's more of a goal threat. But he's the best we have in this position if Eriksen is playing deeper.

Castia

Must have a passing accuracy of about 30%

Gives the ball away too much usually under little pressure as well.

He was better yesterday but he’s nowhere near the level we’ve seen in the past.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Among our fans he has "Modric syndrom". Now, i am not comparing him with Modric of course but Modric was slated for years because of lack assists but at the same time it was overlooked in how many chances he was the one who was passing the ball to player who gave assist.

Again, he is of course not even close to Modric but my point is that Bruno became a player who is involved in build up instead being on the end of play.
I think that he is playing good at the moment and he is looking as a leader of this team.

But he does lose too many balls. Must work on that

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thought he played well. Funny time to bring up his losses of possession when it felt like he was much better in that regard yesterday. I thought his movement was one for the biggest reasons for our chances yesterday as Everton didn’t know how to mark him.

saivet

Mentioned it in the match day thread but his energy levels are incredible. Even very late in the game, there was a moment where Rashford was looking tired yet Bruno was still running about like he was fresh. He's a got plenty of flaws but his energy has been pretty important to the side from him getting into good attacking positions to him hassling the opposition with his pressing. I imagine ETH may have to control his pressing a bit as it seems he sometimes presses on his own or is not coordinated with the rest of the forward line, but sure it can be worked on.

I am still convinced he is the main factor behind our midfield issues. He simply is way to far up front to soon. Often Casemiro and Eriksen where alone and he would be all the way up on line with Ronaldo, instead of presenting passing options for the midfield two. It creates a massive gulf that makes it very issue for the opposition to flood our midfield two and close them of.
That’s tactical. ETH plays a 4231 or even a 4411.

That being said, Bruno was excellent yesterday. His off the ball runs down the channel are so dangerous and he creates chances for fun.

Greck

that's Ronaldo having a quasi-free role in the box messing things up. It's almost a clash of two styles since we're even less of the setup that supports a traditional striker system. ETH spoke about getting players like Sancho centrally that's how a lot of his goals this season have come there. Players now drift centrally but it's like Ronaldo didn't get the memo and is still roaming into their passing lanes.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
IMO this all depends on how the player is rated or viewed as. One is looked as some technical wizard and other is a hit and hope merchant.

I have seen Eriksen playing some stupid passes, same like Bruno, having CM with around 74% completion rate is very poor. I think perception will change once the new signing period is over and if we hit rough patch. Then you will see all sort of negative stats floating around.

Tbf I have no problem with that, creative player losing possession is not a problem as long as team press well to win it back, just that how the player with identical stats in almost 80-90% categories are viewed so differently.
Yup.

Among our fans he has "Modric syndrom". Now, i am not comparing him with Modric of course but Modric was slated for years because of lack assists but at the same time it was overlooked in how many chances he was the one who was passing the ball to player who gave assist.

Again, he is of course not even close to Modric but my point is that Bruno became a player who is involved in build up instead being on the end of play.
I think that he is playing good at the moment and he is looking as a leader of this team.

I agree with you. Its actually quite a similar phenomenon, despite them being very different players.

Nowadays everyone looks at Modric as one of the best midfielders in European football history. However, I can remember a time when he was voted Real Madrid's worst signing. When he was on the periphery of the team. Even when he finally broke into the team it took people years to understand how much of a great player he is. Modric wasn't doing the things that a lot of the FIFA players like to see. So nobody was giving Modric the respect his play deserves. To some extent that is how I see the situation with Bruno. At the moment his defining characteristic is that he works hard, he plugs gaps, he doubles up with the winger to support the fullback on defensive transitions, he works in and around the opposition holding midfielder to nick the ball for high pressures. A lot of it is 'ugly' stuff. People would much rather see the outside of the foot flicked assist and when he isn't doing that stuff the drop Bruno campaign begins. In reality, Bruno's stamina and effort levels are a big part of why our attack can function. Fred can do all the defensive stuff that Bruno does, arguably better, but he's much worse on the ball.

that's Ronaldo having a quasi-free role in the box messing things up. It's almost a clash of two styles since we're even less of the setup that supports a traditional striker system. ETH spoke about getting players like Sancho centrally that's how a lot of his goals this season have come there. Players now drift centrally but it's like Ronaldo didn't get the memo and is still roaming into their passing lanes.
Agreed. Almost like Ronaldo should have done pre-season with the team, so he could learn Ten Hag's patterns of play, instead of going on a big sulk and trying to force a move...

Greck

Agreed. Almost like Ronaldo should have done pre-season with the team, so he could learn Ten Hag's patterns of play, instead of going on a big sulk and trying to force a move...
Yes. As decent as he played yesterday I prefer the alternate reality where he both scored and didn't obstruct 2 clearcut chances. Once again in a game we almost dropped points. The chestbeating about scoring the winner even after knowing this is shameless stuff. We shouldn't bloody have had to pick. Time to buy in. The hit to team chemistry is not an option for success, club success anyway.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
My mate who is an Everton fan sent my a message saying how much he hates Bruno after tonight. Horrible twat was the words used.

Rubs people up the wrong way :lol:
I didn't even think he was that cnuty, relative to his usual antics.

lex talionis

Bruno was fairly well behaved last night. Everton supporters have nothing to complain about.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yup.

I agree with you. Its actually quite a similar phenomenon, despite them being very different players.

Nowadays everyone looks at Modric as one of the best midfielders in European football history. However, I can remember a time when he was voted Real Madrid's worst signing. When he was on the periphery of the team. Even when he finally broke into the team it took people years to understand how much of a great player he is. Modric wasn't doing the things that a lot of the FIFA players like to see. So nobody was giving Modric the respect his play deserves. To some extent that is how I see the situation with Bruno. At the moment his defining characteristic is that he works hard, he plugs gaps, he doubles up with the winger to support the fullback on defensive transitions, he works in and around the opposition holding midfielder to nick the ball for high pressures. A lot of it is 'ugly' stuff. People would much rather see the outside of the foot flicked assist and when he isn't doing that stuff the drop Bruno campaign begins. In reality, Bruno's stamina and effort levels are a big part of why our attack can function. Fred can do all the defensive stuff that Bruno does, arguably better, but he's much worse on the ball.

I think the reality is actually the opposite of what you are saying.

Nobody gets on to Bruno because he does too much of the boring stuff and not enough flash. His biggest criticism is that his game outside of the flash stuff isn't up to par. You listed, in mitigation, a list of defensive qualities, which are valid. Nobody can accuse Bruno of being a lazy #10. The main criticism is his use of the ball when he is NOT doing something flash. That and the positions he does and doesn't occupy.

A more boring Bruno would be a great help to us. And there's no real comparison between him and Modric IMO. Modric is just a far superior player. People appreciate the things he does because he does almost everything to an extremely high level. There was a period where he was criticised at Real, not because people didn't get him, but because he simply did not play as well as he can in his first season there.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think the reality is actually the opposite of what you are saying.

Nobody gets on to Bruno because he does too much of the boring stuff and not enough flash. His biggest criticism is that his game outside of the flash stuff isn't up to par. You listed, in mitigation, a list of defensive qualities, which are valid. Nobody can accuse Bruno of being a lazy #10. The main criticism is his use of the ball when he is NOT doing something flash. That and the positions he does and doesn't occupy.

A more boring Bruno would be a great help to us. And there's no real comparison between him and Modric IMO. Modric is just a far superior player. People appreciate the things he does because he does almost everything to an extremely high level. There was a period where he was criticised at Real, not because people didn't get him, but because he simply did not play as well as he can in his first season there.
I'd say he tries too many flash flicks and passes and losses possession too often, that seems to be many peoples main gripe with him. Also the fact he can't carry the ball which is a bit of a hindrance for someone who plays his position in a team that wants to dominate possession.

Greck

That's conflating an actual gripe with one that never made any sense. On paper who in their right mind expects a CM to rack up assists? To make it even worse they would need to have neve watched Modric to use that to criticize him whereas one would need to have never watched Bruno to think his numbers quantify his game over 90 minutes. To that end Bruno is like an anti-modric in several ways. Bruno's build up is like the weakest part of his game and maybe even below what one would expect for a top status midfielder. Mediocre midfield play is why we rationalise him as being a SS rather than a no.10. He's not really good at advancing the ball beyond finding space behind the defensive line.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'd say he tries too many flash flicks and passes and losses possession too often, that seems to be many peoples main gripe with him. Also the fact he can't carry the ball which is a bit of a hindrance for someone who plays his position in a team that wants to dominate possession.
Well yea, pretty much this.Certainly not that people want him to do more flash stuff anyway. That said, I wouldn’t mind a different kind of ‘flash stuff’- the non final-third flash stuff. Would be nice to see a shoulder drop in the heart of the midfield, ir a skip away from a man or two to open up the game.

Telsim

"Work smart, not hard" was created specifically with Bruno Fernandes in mind.

Idxomer

The problem again wasn't with his passing but his inability to make us really tick as a no. 10 away from the final third.

Real Name

If he could cut all those high and half high balls it would be a lot better. I don't know why needs to make so much of those.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Can’t fault his work rate, but final ball and shooting are just absurd right now.

Valencia Shin Crosses

People love how much he runs around, but he lacks so much quality compared to watching Eriksen play in the same positions.

He’s the equivalent of a volume scorer in the NBA. Sure he racks up stats eventually off the back of a ton of attempted shots or passes that one comes off, but in general it’s just not good and when it’s not good he offers not much else since he’s an awful dribbler

The Viper

The amount of times he loses the ball is absolutely atrocious. Any team at top level won't have such player in their teams. Can't question his work rate and the shift he puts in every match but as a No.10 he's very hit and miss. ETH should consider giving him some rest and play combination of Eriksen as No.10, Fred/McT and casemiro together to see if it's any better.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's the biggest mystery to me in this squad. For 18months he was walking on water and now I don't think any of us want him in the team.

Sort it out Bruno ffs. You're so much better than this.

Marwood

If he could just gettimg his shooting boots back on he'd look 10 times better.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's the biggest mystery to me in this squad. For 18months he was walking on water and now I don't think any of us want him in the team.

Sort it out Bruno ffs. You're so much better than this.
Problem is I'm not sure he is so much better. Too many overlooked how much freedom he had in those Ole sides where he was given a free pass to go anywhere on the pitch and try anything, and that happened to coincide with a serious purple patch in front of goal. But just watch his general quality in passing and shooting compared to Eriksen, it's night and day. He's got a good brain for how to create chances in the final third but doesn't have the quality to pull it off often times (that early cross to Ronaldo is a good example in the first half).

Djemba-Djemba

Very poor.

What's happened to his shooting from outside the box?

Zero composure everytime, just smashes it miles wide or over every time.

:lol:

I think some people use the Caf to form opinions
Apparently it’s atrocious how often he gives the ball away, but any number 10 getting 87% and 7 key passes would be getting wanked off in any other side on the planet :lol:

I swear taking shit shots it’s the worst thing a United player can do, skews everything about his performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.