6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxter

Apparently it’s atrocious how often he gives the ball away, but any number 10 getting 87% and 7 key passes would be getting wanked off in any other side on the planet :lol:

I swear taking shit shots it’s the worst thing a United player can do, skews everything about his performance.
Aside from his shooting/corners I didn’t think he was bad. There is the tendency when Ronaldo plays to throw it into the box, but he’s not alone in this.

Deery

Dreary
Thought he was bad again, put in a few tackles and bit of effort but it’s bloody Nicosia. We need a player more like a Modric to link the midfield and attack. This mad running about and wild crosses from extreme angles is just no good.

Aside from his shooting/corners I didn’t think he was bad. There is the tendency when Ronaldo plays to throw it into the box, but he’s not alone in this.
Honestly his stats tonight with 7 key passes, and 87% pass completion are absolutely top drawer, add that to how hard he worked, and it’s clear the caf has turned on him as the new person to point the finger at when all doesn’t go well.

Maybe, he should be smarter and stop crossing the ball aimlessly.
To be fair, it wasn’t working the 7 key times he didn’t and played inside instead. More than any other player on the pitch by far.

You could basically call all our final third passes aimless.

Even Eriksen, one of the smartest players you’ll see threw 3-4 crosses in towards Ronaldo in his very short time on the pitch

I for one think players understandably tried to mix it up after 65 minutes of pure frustration from so many misses.

Clear Bruno has become to new caf scapegoat.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
At some point, we need to have a genuine conversation about upgrading him.

Oldyella

Finishing aside I didn't think he was bad tonight, and I'm not a big fan in general.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It is not really about his giving the ball away. It's about his general use of the ball, ability to find space and bring others into play.just have a look at how Odegaard plays the same role. KDB and Odegaard know when to provide the killer ball in the right phase of attack.
He's such a high volume player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I want to see him benched for Sancho for a bit. Think it'll do Bruno good as well. He's so impatient with the ball, always trying to do the killer ball.

Yeah i don't know what people were watching. He was fine. Most of them were.
Fred was much worse and wasteful in front of goal, Ronaldo offered nothing, Rashford wasted so many good chances, Antony missed a great chance too.

Who’s getting most of the stick though? The guy who worked his arse off, kept the ball well & provided 7 key passes from a number 10 position.
Plenty of people tonight now calling for him to be dropped, for Eriksen to be moved forward (despite how important he’s been deeper) and for Fred or fexking McTom to play instead of him.

But he’s no scapegoat they say.

lex talionis

Poor tonight, but had we converted on one of our gobs of chances before Scotty got the goal his woefulness would be overlooked.

Robbo*

Fred was much worse and wasteful in front of goal, Ronaldo offered nothing, Rashford wasted so many good chances, Antony missed a great chance too.

Who’s getting most of the stick though? The guy who worked his arse off, kept the ball well & provided 7 key passes from a number 10 position.
Plenty of people tonight now calling for him to be dropped, for Eriksen to be moved forward (despite how important he’s been deeper) and for Fred or fexking McTom to play instead of him.

But he’s no scapegoat they say.
i think we already know Fred and Ron aren’t good enough though, and are trying to figure out whether Bruno is. I think if we could buy a top level striker and another creative midfielder - Mbappe and de Jong type players (unrealistic as that is) - then his type of player just isn’t required in a side that strong. Happy to be proven wrong and he’s fine in Europa league but that’s not what we are aiming for.

Cloud7

I want to see him benched for Sancho for a bit. Think it'll do Bruno good as well. He's so impatient with the ball, always trying to do the killer ball.
This might be quite interesting. I have been curious about how Sancho would do in that number 10 role for a while now.

CM

I thought he was really poor last night. He got on the ball a lot but everything felt rushed and panicked. We needed to be patient to create the right chance and Fernandes was just throwing loads of crosses into the box when nobody was getting on the end of them.

It also feels like near enough every shot he takes from outside the box at the moment is going Row Z. If we had any alternative for his position, it would be tempting to leave him out on the weekend.

Godfather

He works really hard which is something he's better in than most others in our squad but feck me his overall game can be frustrating

Lyng

Honestly his stats tonight with 7 key passes, and 87% pass completion are absolutely top drawer, add that to how hard he worked, and it’s clear the caf has turned on him as the new person to point the finger at when all doesn’t go well.
Bruno is the type of player who proves the point that stats only tell you half the story.
His passing is often on point, but at the same time often to the wrong player. His positioning is his biggest issue. He sprints up as soon as we get the ball and will more often than not be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
He doesnt create space for his team mates like a Ødegaard does.
Its clear he lacks the football intelligence needed for a proper 10. Instead he plays like a second striker.

Bruno isnt a bad player, he just doesnt really give us anything in the role he is playing.
I am quite certain that we would be much more effective if Eriksen took Brunos spot and then put McT next to Casemiro. Let McT play the box to box role.
And in that scenario I wouldnt mind trying Bruno as the striker. We know he is effective in front of goal.

Zico1982

This is crazy. Bruno can not be the scapegoat for yesterday. Just take a look at the stats. He had a pretty good game, created a lot and worked hard. The front three should just see to it, that two or three of those chances lands on the net. Ten Haag obviously sees Bruno as his number ten and Eriksen further down, despite the danes merits on Brunos position. I don't agree, but it is a viable and by now proven option. I would put BF on the wing and Eriksen on 10 with Casemiro and Fred/McT behind them. For games like yesterday, Eriksen is the better player on 10 due to his wide range shooting. Eriksen needed a rest though so I would have played Bruno as well.

DevTheRed

Worked hard, created chances, won the ball back.. only thing missing today for me was his shooting. It’s mental to think he scored 28 goals in a season a couple of seasons back, he doesn’t look capable of getting half of that these days.

LordSpud

Worked hard, created chances, won the ball back.. only thing missing today for me was his shooting. It’s mental to think he scored 28 goals in a season a couple of seasons back, he doesn’t look capable of getting half of that these days.
I think the problem for him is he is always trying to play his fellow countryman in. The sooner Ronaldo goes the sooner Bruno can be our main Portugese.

DevTheRed

I think the problem for him is he is always trying to play his fellow countryman in. The sooner Ronaldo goes the sooner Bruno can be our main Portugese.
I do think it is an element of this. When he had Cavani in front of him making runs and linking up he was playing great.. Ronaldo just isn’t the number 9 we need.

Hopefully Marshall can get rid of these injuries over the World Cup and stays fit for the second half of the season.

romufc

I can't believe the reaction on here, people making it seem like he gave the ball away every time he touched it. We dominated the game and we created more chances than most games.

I love how the goal post moves with caf fans, one person mentions his pass success better than others, so now he lost the ball 24 times. Maybe because we had so many corners, players not gambling either to get on the end of things.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Definitely. You can always tell the caf scapegoats by the disconnect between how they play in a specific game and the stick they get for that game. He was good last night but is getting shit which can only be based on previous poor performances. Most of the comments slagging him off about last night could have been written in advance.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bruno can't win with the CAF at the moment. Fortunately, fans in the stadium seem to take the opposite view.

Definitely. You can always tell the caf scapegoats by the disconnect between how they play in a specific game and the stick they get for that game. He was good last night but is getting shit which can only be based on previous poor performances. Most of the comments slagging him off about last night could have been written in advance.
Absolutely. Some of the comments are utterly bizarre based on this entire season also, like those claiming it’s atrocious how often he gives the ball away. This one’s a critique that absolutely has been a fair one in previous seasons, yet under Ten Hag it’s clear he’s been told in no uncertain terms to cut that part of his game out.
But some have decided he’s a problem and that his previous weak areas are holding us back, so they’ll stick with out dated critique regardless.
It’s odd, because despite how pissed off I’ve been with De Gea the past seasons, I can disconnect from that and appreciate the improvements in his current game.

I just don’t know how anyone can look at last night and see how much possession we had, how many chances we created, how many poor chances we missed (that weren’t this players fault) and see the total domination, yet still come on here afterwards and blame it on a player who had a decent game.

romufc

Absolutely. Some of the comments are utterly bizarre based on this entire season also, like those claiming it’s atrocious how often he gives the ball away. This one’s a critique that absolutely has been a fair one in previous seasons, yet under Ten Hag it’s clear he’s been told in no uncertain terms to cut that part of his game out.
But some have decided he’s a problem and that his previous weak areas are holding us back, so they’ll stick with out dated critique regardless.
It’s odd, because despite how pissed off I’ve been with De Gea the past seasons, I can disconnect from that and appreciate the improvements in his current game.
The funny thing was under Ole it was, "Ole's favourite", excels because of vibes football and he is allowed to run like headless chicken, under a proper coach, he would be benched by Donny.

We started the season, McFred, Maguire, Shaw, Rashford, Sancho, Ronaldo have ALL been dropped by ETH because they didn't do what he wanted in games. Bruno not only plays every game but he is also used for majority of the minutes.

The other excuse I hear is because there is no competition.... I mean Martial injured and no competition, but ETH plays Rashford up top in some games. If, Bruno was that bad, ETH would have found a way to drop him and have another player in that position.

Mainoldo

Thought we got value for money getting him over Maddison. Man I was wrong. He’s such an average player. He’s Everton level.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Whenever Bruno and Ronaldo are on the pitch, Bruno will always try to play some idiotic pass or ball so Ronaldo has a chance on goal. It’s very infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.