6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

A talisman tonight. It was like the Arsenal performance in terms of setting the press and leading by example, but with additional quality on top of what he produced in that game. Brilliant.

the_cliff

Was a lot better on the ball today. I've been criticising Bruno a lot but today was a much better performance and one that needs to become the norm if we are to have any hope of finishing top 4.

To be fair to him, so far this season his best games for us have been when Ronaldo hasn't been playing but he is very frustrating at times even without Ronaldo.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I fecking love him.

Brilliant player who has lost his form but we are talking about a guy who has averaged double digit goals and assists for 4-5 years.

I think when this ETH team really takes shape and some more bodies are brought in Bruno will be playoff a role similar to that of Tadic ar Ajax under ETH.

Lyng

Turns out it was Ronaldos fault all along. Bruno was excellent. Long may it continue.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
His best performance this season by a mile. I think we look more solid with Fred-Casemiro in the middle but then that only leaves eriksen and Bruno to fight for the AM spot. Eriksen and Bruno should be together vs bottom halve teams who sit deep.

jeepers

Turns out it was Ronaldos fault all along. Bruno was excellent. Long may it continue.
Ever since Ronaldo returned it has affected Bruno because Bruno is always looking to play to him. Likewise in the last match against Newcastle, all Bruno and Antony did were to try and get the ball to Ronaldo and no one else. Without Ronaldo, Bruno can play more naturally and to his instincts. But of course, he needs to find that elite consistency as well.

Kag

Ever since Ronaldo returned it has affected Bruno because Bruno is always looking to play to him. Likewise in the last match against Newcastle, all Bruno and Antony did were to try and get the ball to Ronaldo and no one else. Without Ronaldo, Bruno can play more naturally and to his instincts. But of course, he needs to find that elite consistency as well.
I usually think narratives like this are a bit mad, but I’m with you on this one. Bruno is a different player when Ronaldo isn’t on the pitch.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Hopefully this stops the hatred for a bit.

Bruno is better when he doesn’t play with Ronaldo.

jeepers

I usually think narratives like this are a bit mad, but I’m with you on this one. Bruno is a different player when Ronaldo isn’t on the pitch.
It is very clear when you watch matches. Bruno simply tries too hard to pick out Ronaldo when they play together. When it doesn't work out, he gradually gets more and more frustrated and it affects him mentally (from what I've seen). He plays more freely and naturally (to his instincts) when Ronaldo doesn't play. I understand he sees Ronaldo as a role model and the GOAT (same as Antony, Dalot), but first and foremost, he needs to play for team and himself, especially since he is the captain now.

romufc

Bruno’s an immature player, he just is. It’s more common in modern football, you can see a collection of them at PSG, even among the best in the world.
Very immature performance from Bruno.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

That's 9 times he gave the ball away last night. Poor. :p

redshaw

I have seen Bruno and Ronaldo play well together but because he's a hero to many players it quickly becomes where's Ronaldo. Play becomes predictable for defenders, they pass it early instead of letting the play develop, we concede pressure and kill momentum offloading too early. Ronaldo needs the play to develop around him as well so he can get himself into a lethal positions, pick up rebounds and other mistakes from defenders, he's also been best playing off a striker. At his age I hope if he gets back into the team ETH and the players can just delay the pass longer and get players around him and also in other scenarios find him in space like Casemiro did. Another problem is Ronaldo is always desperately calling for the ball with time running out on his career but has too much to do when he has it.

Teja

I have seen Bruno and Ronaldo play well together but because he's a hero to many players it quickly becomes where's Ronaldo. Play becomes predictable for defenders, they pass it early instead of letting the play develop, we concede pressure and kill momentum offloading too early. Ronaldo needs the play to develop around him as well so he can get himself into a lethal positions, pick up rebounds and other mistakes from defenders, he's also been best playing off a striker. At his age I hope if he gets back into the team ETH and the players can just delay the pass longer and find him in space like Casemiro did. Another problem is Ronaldo is always desperately calling for the ball with time running out on his career but has too much to do when he has it.
Yeah he has completely failed to adapt his game in my book. If he checks his ego at the door he can still do a lot more than some of the younger CFs floating about.

Just transition into a bread and butter poacher who can contribute to link up a bit instead of being the star man who gets most of the teams attacks fed to him.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Yeah he has completely failed to adapt his game in my book. If he checks his ego at the door he can still do a lot more than some of the younger CFs floating about.

Just transition into a bread and butter poacher who can contribute to link up a bit instead of being the star man who gets most of the teams attacks fed to him.
I don't think adaptability is an issue with Ronaldo. He's adapted his game tremendously thorough his career.

Ten Hag doesn't want him playing as just a poacher but he doesn't quite have the legs to do what's being asked. He's been a dream of nature in his career, but he's only human. Everyone ages.

Strelok

I watched the entire game again today. Usually I never do this but the last match was too good I simply can't resist :drool:

Anyway after re-watching it his goal was surely very important, his passing and defensive works were very good too but imo what he did best yesterday was to dictate the intensity/tempo of the whole game. It's actually very difficult and often is Eriksen's job but yesterday Bruno simply did it fantastically. This is pretty new to our usual gungho Bruno I think.

Turned out surely you can teach old dogs new stuffs. ETH seems to have a golden touch on his players I'd say. No wonder why he could make that average Ajax side looking that good.

Last edited:

romufc

93% Pass accuracy today.
Created the most chances too.

Apparently Bruno goes missing in top 6 games.

Agendas run high but Bruno showed exactly why Ten Hag speaks highly of him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't think adaptability is an issue with Ronaldo. He's adapted his game tremendously thorough his career.

Ten Hag doesn't want him playing as just a poacher but he doesn't quite have the legs to do what's being asked. He's been a dream of nature in his career, but he's only human. Everyone ages.
He really hasn’t. He’s just got more and more focused on being a poacher. To the extent that he’s basically ended up giving up on every other responsibility that a striker has.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
93% Pass accuracy today.

That’s amazing. And a huge change from his usual %. Perfect example of ETH’s coaching having a direct effect on the way players are performing. Brilliant to see.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
93% Pass accuracy today.

I think that just shows though that he has been underperforming a tad.

this is what he's capable of, and he has fallen short of that often in recent past. We all know he's an insanely good player when he gets it right, and he showed that this game.

It's now up to him to keep that consistency up, but I do think he's slowly adjusting his style to be more controlled? there was a moment in the first half where we had a counter attack going, players running ahead of him. 99% of the time he'd launch a very low % chance ball to try and do a killer pass, but instead of actually held back, slowed it down and passed it sideways to Shaw who then carried it further into space. That is the sort of thing he'd never usually do, but it's clearly the coaching going into him to think 'no it doesn't always need to be rushed forward'. Good signs for sure.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
93% Pass accuracy today.

Because Ronaldo wasn't parked in the box. Yesterday Bruno tried one or maybe two direct passes into the box. Instead he worked the ball around.
It is not cheap excuse or coincidence anymore. Ronaldo is killing his game.

romufc

That’s amazing. And a huge change from his usual %. Perfect example of ETH’s coaching having a direct effect on the way players are performing. Brilliant to see.
Obviously this is a one off game. I dont expect his passing to be in the 90's, but I do want it to be in the higher 80's.

He looked alot calmer in the game.

Tony247

Watched replay. In the firsf half apart from that free kick Bruno was unproductive. Second half was better.

Strelok

93% Pass accuracy today.

Imo the goal was only there to compliment and justify his performance. He was superb last match in term of controling our tempo/intensity and thus controlling the match. He was the brain of the machine. His high pass accuracy rate was because he changed his game from his usual gungho Hollywood CAM style to a game controlling midfielder.

He was simply fantastic last match. Load of energy, sublime passing, a feckload of brain and vision too. Imo even without any goal or assist he'd well deserve his MOM. ETH must be very happy with his performance.

It's still early day but imo he has proved he can adapt and change his game to fit the ETH style. If he can keep doing this we'll be much less relied on Eriksen and probably will enable more tactical choices when both play. I can't stress out enough how this would be important for him, us and ETH.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I disagree with opinions of him having a better game yesterday.
No. It was a sensational performance from him all round.

Still not my cup of tea. Brilliant performance though.

suheilsworld

Just hope his G&A numbers increase because I love the fact that he riles up the opposition with his antics. Back that with G&A and he will continue to be the most hated players by the opposition fans and the most loved by us

Zico1982

I was really sceptical before the match last night. A midfield with Casemiro, Fred and Bruno was exactly what I did'nt want to see. Turned out quite different then. Fred and Bruno were the two best players on the pitch and the midfield dominated the whole thing. That was Freds best performance in red and Brunos best for a very long while. Bravo.

Passitlikescholes

Get the feeling that once ETH gets the whole attacking side functioning at a high standard, Bruno will play his part to suit the team (what he did this game), rather than having a higher number of high risk passes.

Trex

He was tasked with setting the tempo yesterday, a role which normally falls to Eriksen, ETH knows Fred wasn't up to it so set up in a way were Fred was used as a box to box and Bruno as the tempo setting playmaker.
It reminded me of his debut vs wolves.

romufc

Imo the goal was only there to compliment and justify his performance. He was superb last match in term of controling our tempo/intensity and thus controlling the match. He was the brain of the machine. His high pass accuracy rate was because he changed his game from his usual gungho Hollywood CAM style to a game controlling midfielder.

He was simply fantastic last match. Load of energy, sublime passing, a feckload of brain and vision too. Imo even without any goal or assist he'd well deserve his MOM. ETH must be very happy with his performance.

It's still early day but imo he has proved he can adapt and change his game to fit the ETH style. If he can keep doing this we'll be much less relied on Eriksen and probably will enable more tactical choices when both play. I can't stress out enough how this would be important for him, us and ETH.
Yeah, the ONLY thing I am worried about is consistency. That performance by Bruno and the team as a whole was really impressive and those should be the standards we should be hitting.

If the team performs to that level and Bruno does the same, he has the quality to stand out with his passing.

That game was really impressive, we needed that because the big games we have played have been sit back and counter, this time we were on the attack, front foot and high pressing.

Just Hope

This has been my impression as well when Ronaldo is on the pitch.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Shame about the offside, his composure vs Lloris was a sight to behold, completely took the piss out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.