Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I love watching him, for the hard work as much as for the genius in him.

He always runs his socks off. He can turn a game at any moment. He might try and do too much sometimes, but more often than not he hasn't let us down.

More importantly, he understands this club, and respects the shirt and is a great example as captain.

Lyng

No he wasn't.
He was mostly a passenger offensively in the first half. Missplaced som key passes. Had one great pass to Rashford. Other than that the chances we got in first half where all through Eriksen.

But his performance was excellent in the second half.

I dont see any reason to play him on the wing. On his normal position he is excellent.

RedIan

He made far more good passes than bad in the first half, he made one misplaced through ball and the usual agenda mob were all over it on the match day thread.
and what a wonderful finish after Rashfird sold city a dummy.
Bruno is so important to the team and some pratts just done see it.

Scottynaldinho

Doesn't get enough credit for how strong he is. He's got such a lean body but is deceptively strong.

facund

His finish yesterday is underrated.
Rashford didn't do a particularly good job of getting out of the way for the shot which made it much more difficult than it might have been.

simplyared

We can all talk about Casemiro, Rashford, Shaw's transformation etc, but Bruno's been doing it week in week out since he joined us. Definately up there with the best AM's in world football. 2nd to De Bruyne!

SAFMUTD

He's always like that, have a terrible round game but still manages to affect the game. Sometimes it seems he lacks quality as his passes are not elegant like Eriksen's but he always contribute plus his attitude and work rate is second to none. Love him he's a leader.

ash_86

Without him complaining after the first goal, the goal would not be given. He fights for the team as a Captain should do, even if it seems little Ott sometimes. He is the best captain we have had for a long time.

romufc

Without him complaining after the first goal, the goal would not be given. He fights for the team as a Captain should do, even if it seems little Ott sometimes. He is the best captain we have had for a long time.
This, people can moan about him being a moaner this that or the other, If Bruno is not at the ref explaining why it should be allowed, we could go on to lose the game.

We need a character like him on the pitch, he defends players, he is a team player. How many times does he need to show evidence of this?

His pressing for the team, his tracking back, gives pens to players like Rashford when they need it.

People talk about his passing, if we had a player who cared about his passing stats, he would not play the reverse ball to Garnacho on the counter and we dont win the game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This, people can moan about him being a moaner this that or the other, If Bruno is not at the ref explaining why it should be allowed, we could go on to lose the game.

We need a character like him on the pitch, he defends players, he is a team player. How many times does he need to show evidence of this?

His pressing for the team, his tracking back, gives pens to players like Rashford when they need it.

People talk about his passing, if we had a player who cared about his passing stats, he would not play the reverse ball to Garnacho on the counter and we dont win the game.
100 per cent.

On MOTD they did a feature on Haaland and how City players were failing to pick out his runs in behind, as they were preferring the high percentage passes and circulating the ball.

All I could think seeing that was: If Haaland had been making those runs in front of Bruno Fernandes he could have had hat-trick.

The crazy thing is Bruno's pass completion is very much in line with other playmakers. Yet the people who hate him will pretend that he loses the ball far more often than other players in his position. When confronted with the stats, these same people will tell you they judge by their eyes not by stats.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Love this guy. Hilarious how instantly when he scored he knew he would have to argue it so just instinctively sprinted to the linesman while half celebrating and half complaining :lol:
He's probably the only player who can match Eminem in a rap competition

romufc

100 per cent.

On MOTD they did a feature on Haaland and how City players were failing to pick out his runs in behind, as they were preferring the high percentage passes and circulating the ball.

All I could think seeing that was: If Haaland had been making those runs in front of Bruno Fernandes he could have had hat-trick.

The crazy thing is Bruno's pass completion is very much in line with other playmakers. Yet the people who hate him will pretend that he loses the ball far more often than other players in his position. When confronted with the stats, these same people will tell you they judge by their eyes not by stats.
Yep, I watched that feature and couldn't help thinking, wow, if a pass was played in some of those situations, Haaland was through on goal. You are correct, Bruno would have put Haaland through at least once that game.

Even if its 3/4% lower than others, I would take that because he has that ability to create a chance. City are a possession team but if they had a Bruno type player, they would be even more dangerous, which is what United are showing.

We can go to games against City and say, have the ball, we will be disciplined but if we win the ball and give it to Bruno, you are in trouble. His first thought is, let me find my runners in behind, he found Rashford 3/4 times against City.

People don't understand how big of a threat that is, when a team can beat you whilst in possession but also when they can beat you on the transition as well, it becomes even harder to play against.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It's mental how he's still our talisman even after a huge upgrade to the team.

redcucumber

He was absolutely awful for most of the game, but without him we dont win today. I wont complain about him again.
Absolute nonsense. Eriksen had a far worse game and was rightfully hooked when he was, shortly after the game turned in our favour.

BerryBerryShrew

He made far more good passes than bad in the first half, he made one misplaced through ball and the usual agenda mob were all over it on the match day thread.
and what a wonderful finish after Rashfird sold city a dummy.
Bruno is so important to the team and some pratts just done see it.
That misplaced through ball was ridiculously straightforward though- anyone on this forum could have played it right with their eyes closed. Bruno had a fantastic game and is a fine player but his tendency to feck up 5 yard passes while pulling off ridiculous through balls from 40 yards in the same match is perplexing to say the least.

Lyng

Absolute nonsense. Eriksen had a far worse game and was rightfully hooked when he was, shortly after the game turned in our favour.
Eriksen was one of our best players in the first half. He said up several big chances, including one for Fernandes. When Martial went of, Eriksens level dropped and he was rightfully hooked.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That misplaced through ball was ridiculously straightforward though- anyone on this forum could have played it right with their eyes closed
I know you are exaggerating but this is blatantly not true at all. Anyone on this forum would fall on their arse because of nervousness playing infront of 76K people.

mctrials23

Fernandes is very wasteful at times and too often its an easy pass. The reason he is the first name on the teamsheet is because overall he is just a brilliant player for us. Never gives up, works his ass off, creates lots of chances, scores goal and is a role model for the rest of the players.

Yes I wish he didn't make as many little mistakes as he does but he more than makes up for them.

redcucumber

Eriksen was one of our best players in the first half. He said up several big chances, including one for Fernandes. When Martial went of, Eriksens level dropped and he was rightfully hooked.
Eriksen played a few nice balls but it was clear he couldn't match the intensity of the game, which was extra noticeable in the second half. First half that was fine as Fred kept De Bruyne out of the game so City had very little control, but as soon as the game shifted Eriksen was pretty much a ghost. He's great in certain situations (teams that sit deep) and was a good signing, but Bruno was much more important to every facet of our game against City.

Lyng

Eriksen played a few nice balls but it was clear he couldn't match the intensity of the game, which was extra noticeable in the second half. First half that was fine as Fred kept De Bruyne out of the game so City had very little control, but as soon as the game shifted Eriksen was pretty much a ghost. He's great in certain situations (teams that sit deep) and was a good signing, but Bruno was much more important to every facet of our game against City.
I dont disagree with you, though I honestly believe Bruno had a pretty bad first half. My issue is not with Bruno actually, but with Ten Hag playing him on the right. As soon as he got in to the 10 spot he was fantastic and if you look at the times people have criticised him this season, its only when he is played on the wing.
I honestly think it would have been better to simply use Fred instead of Eriksen and then use Bruno in the 10 from the beginning, even if I feel Eriksen was among our best first half.

Oranges038

He's always like that, have a terrible round game but still manages to affect the game. Sometimes it seems he lacks quality as his passes are not elegant like Eriksen's but he always contribute plus his attitude and work rate is second to none. Love him he's a leader.
Theres was a game last year in the CL where he gave it away about 30 times, but created 7 or 8 great chances. Those are the ones where he's extremely frustrating.

It's just his game, he's reigned it in a bit this season, but to me it looks like he is playing the ball to create the assist more often now. Which shows in his goals and assists being down this season. It's just his nature to try the risky pass or the shot even if others think it's not on. It's why he has so many goals and assists.

I'm glad he's not doing it as much, he can be just as effective by playing smarter which is kind of what he is doing. And it's working.

I know you are exaggerating but this is blatantly not true at all. Anyone on this forum would fall on their arse because of nervousness playing infront of 76K people.
Exactly. It was fairly obvious why he f'd up that pass as well. He was clearly thinking of using Malacia as a decoy run to line up a shot for himself. Then, at the last minute, he decided it wasn't on and played the pass without properly setting himself and it went askew.

If people pay attention to Bruno's mistakes, which (I stress again) he does not statistically make more often than other playmakers, they usually come because he changes his mind about what he first thought he was going to do. Usually its just after he's looked up, checked if a direct ball was on, then decided not to risk it. Ironically, because he hasn't set himself for a simpler pass, he often then shanks it.

With all Bruno gives us, on and off the ball, I struggle to think of anyone in world football we could replace him with. There are other fantastically creative players but do they run as hard as he does? There are other work horses but do they have his creativity and goals? He's like Jose Mourinho sat down and programmed a computer to generate his ideal #10 and the computer came out with a player who failed solely on how tall and muscly the guy was. :lol:

Kag

The whole he played shite but contributed again thing is terribly boring.

The same numpties are steaming in with this shite even when he genuinely plays well (aside from the goal contributions). Confirmation bias at its best.

We’re so lucky to have him.

romufc

Exactly. It was fairly obvious why he f'd up that pass as well. He was clearly thinking of using Malacia as a decoy run to line up a shot for himself. Then, at the last minute, he decided it wasn't on and played the pass without properly setting himself and it went askew.

If people pay attention to Bruno's mistakes, which (I stress again) he does not statistically make more often than other playmakers, they usually come because he changes his mind about what he first thought he was going to do. Usually its just after he's looked up, checked if a direct ball was on, then decided not to risk it. Ironically, because he hasn't set himself for a simpler pass, he often then shanks it.

With all Bruno gives us, on and off the ball, I struggle to think of anyone in world football we could replace him with. There are other fantastically creative players but do they run as hard as he does? There are other work horses but do they have his creativity and goals? He's like Jose Mourinho sat down and programmed a computer to generate his ideal #10 and the computer came out with a player who failed solely on how tall and muscly the guy was. :lol:
I dont know why but with Bruno a big portion of the fan base concentrate on the pass he didn't make. Players will miss passes, it happens.

The funny thing is, regardless of what these fans who think they are coaches think, Ten Hag consistently name drops Bruno, pre and post game. Post City he name dropped Varane, Shaw and Bruno.

We need players to do a job for the team, Bruno works for the team, played RW and he doesn't complain, finds a way to influence the game.

Then they say Bruno doesnt show up in big games, yet he is a primary reason why we have won games this season, the ball into Rashford against Liverpool and the goal against City.

rooney2009

He is arguably our most important player as when he is not playing we miss him
proper captain- never stops running, moaning and working hard for the team and he has even stopped throwing his hands around like he used to do with Ronaldo

I dont know why but with Bruno a big portion of the fan base concentrate on the pass he didn't make. Players will miss passes, it happens.

The funny thing is, regardless of what these fans who think they are coaches think, Ten Hag consistently name drops Bruno, pre and post game. Post City he name dropped Varane, Shaw and Bruno.

We need players to do a job for the team, Bruno works for the team, played RW and he doesn't complain, finds a way to influence the game.

Then they say Bruno doesnt show up in big games, yet he is a primary reason why we have won games this season, the ball into Rashford against Liverpool and the goal against City.
Agreed.

We're the only team to beat Arsenal in the league this year. Second goal Bruno plays a ridiculous ball around the corner off the outside of his boot to Rashford and he scores. Third goal, Bruno spots Eriksen running through plays it to him, Eriksen squares, Rashy scores again.

His stats for chances created and key passes are elite to the point of being exceptional. Yet people will ignore these stats because, as you said, they see that one 'easy' pass that he failed to complete.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Agreed.

We're the only team to beat Arsenal in the league this year. Second goal Bruno plays a ridiculous ball around the corner off the outside of his boot to Rashford and he scores. Third goal, Bruno spots Eriksen running through plays it to him, Eriksen squares, Rashy scores again.

His stats for chances created and key passes are elite to the point of being exceptional. Yet people will ignore these stats because, as you said, they see that one 'easy' pass that he failed to complete.
And those stats will ignore a lot of good stuff he does. The pass which released Garnacho before our winner was different class. Incredible vision and execution. And I’m fairly sure that it wouldn’t count as either a chance created or a key pass?

romufc

Agreed.

Yes but he cant do anything but play Hollywood passes apparently. The funny thing is 70% of the PL 10's dont even see half the balls he sees. Then to have the ability to play the pass, its one thing seing a pass, then to deliver it. Its not that easy, which is why so many players don't attempt it and rather play sideways.

We saw Mount and Havertz do that for Chelsea but no one will say nothing because he played it safe they kept the ball and nothing happens.

And those stats will ignore a lot of good stuff he does. The pass which released Garnacho before our winner was different class. Incredible vision and execution. And I’m fairly sure that it wouldn’t count as either a chance created or a key pass?
I believe you're right. As the phase of play initiated by Bruno's pass will usually be seen as having ended when Garnacho's attempt to cross to Antony is blocked, with a new phase of play starting once Garnacho gets the ball back and dribbles Ake for his assist to Rashford.

Just one of the many things Bruno does that his detractors will say they didn't see. Genuinely, its strange to me. Can understand it from rival fans. Yet, ironically, rival fans seem to rate Bruno as a footballer. Even if they claim stuff about his character and conduct that I'd dispute. Its people claiming to be United fans who seem to have the biggest issues with Bruno's game. Baffles me.

Yes but he cant do anything but play Hollywood passes apparently. The funny thing is 70% of the PL 10's dont even see half the balls he sees. Then to have the ability to play the pass, its one thing seing a pass, then to deliver it. Its not that easy, which is why so many players don't attempt it and rather play sideways.

We saw Mount and Havertz do that for Chelsea but no one will say nothing because he played it safe they kept the ball and nothing happens.
Exactly.

zaafi

Agreed.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but considering how much he has the ball at his feet and how many passes he attempts per 90 minute, he really should be creating more.

Andreas Pereira has created as many chances as him this season.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but considering how much he has the ball at his feet and how many passes he attempts per 90 minute, he really should be creating more.

Andreas has created as many chances as him overall. However, what quality of chances have they been?

In terms of big chances created Bruno is third in the league. Where is Andreas?

poleglass red

So much better when he moved more centrally, first half when he played wide, he give Cancelo way too much room to attack

roonster09

Scout

How many more? He is in top 3 in both chances created and expected assists. From open play he is in 2nd position, just 2 key passes behind KdB.

roonster09

Scout

Yeah, Bruno offers so much quality off the ball too. His pressing is very good and apart from that he makes lot of good runs.

It's not surprising at all that EtH plays him all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.