Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
He was absolutely awful for most of the game, but without him we dont win today. I wont complain about him again.
Bollox - there wasn't a single awful performance in a United shirt today

Pass completion:

Bruno: 71.4%
KDB: 72.1%

As usual, barely any difference between the two in how often they give the ball away, but Bruno’s a United player and our fans get frustrated with him, leading them to believe he somehow gives the ball away a lot more often than other AMs.

He’s an absolute gem.

Lyng

Bollox - there wasn't a single awful performance in a United shirt today
He was basically a passenger for the most of first half and misplaced some key simple passes.
Doesnt change the fact that by the end of it all he was probably our most important player today. (With Fred)

DarkXaero

I've been critical of him before but he was good today. Still wasteful at times, but clinical underrated finish, which was undermined by offside controversy, and a bunch of other key passes. Also worked his socks off the ball.

Lyng

I've been critical of him before but he was good today. Still wasteful at times, but clinical underrated finish, which was undermined by offside controversy, and a bunch of other key passes. Also worked his socks off the ball.
Yeah the finish was fantastic. Getting that curl and precision on a ball while at an angle and full speed was very impressive.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He might be frustrating, I get the point some make about it, but there is a reason since 2017 every coach who works with him the thing they like more about him is the tactical understanding he has about the game, I don't see it as different under ETH, possibly the reason he trusts him even when he isn't doing the type of thing the normal fan would like him to do, actually feel he is playing less for the individual numbers under ETH.

Is that enough? Perhaps not, but he isn't expected to be perfect, there are other better players around and he isn't the best in the World but sometimes the stuff I have to read about him is the kind of thing of the Social Media and Data Nerds around the game, if 20 or 30 years ago the big players of that era were as analysed as they are today the perceptions we have about them from that era would change totally.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The amount of words that came out of his mouth when he complained to the linesman, in the space of 15 seconds. Jesus.

arnie_ni

Pass completion:

As usual, barely any difference between the two in how often they give the ball away, but Bruno’s a United player and our fans get frustrated with him, leading them to believe he somehow gives the ball away a lot more often than other AMs.

He’s an absolute gem.
I said it in the match day thread but kdb has rodri behind him and I can't recall him losing the ball once all game. I think that allows kdb the freedom to take risks and misplace passes a lot. Bruno doesn't have that player behind him yet and so when he loses it as much as they both do its alot more noticeable to our team than theirs.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I think some people have decided that Bruno is an incredibly wasteful player and watch the game with this confirmation bias. I almost feel sorry for them. It must be awful to have a genuinely great player who never gets injured and always works hard and not be able to enjoy his performances because the only thing you see is misplaced passes and failed long shots.

MalaysianRed7

My word, I love this guy. His footballing ability, his leadership, his work rate, even his moaning at referees, everything. Many people have been unable to see the multitude of improvements to his game he’s made this season despite having less goals and assists than last season - they are there. Top, top player, and there’s no one else I’d rather have as our (currently unofficial) club captain.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Love this guy. Hilarious how instantly when he scored he knew he would have to argue it so just instinctively sprinted to the linesman while half celebrating and half complaining :lol:

Ananke

He plays with heart. He’s not perfect, but he also puts an absolute shift in every game.

I actually don’t care if he’s sometimes a little sloppy. He plays for the badge and I love the guy.:D

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Also very notable how people used to shit talk his pressing and that they said he ran like a headless chicken... Was obvious as ever, that we just needed a coach who could train them to press. Lo and behold, and Bruno is one of the best pressing #10s around..

mu4c_20le

He plays with heart. He’s not perfect, but he also puts an absolute shift in every game.

I actually don’t care if he’s sometimes a little sloppy. He plays for the badge and I love the guy.:D
He gets it. The way he celebrated after waiting for the officials. He drives the crow.d

Just Hope

Glad to have supported him from the start. Seldom do you have a player who not only plays well but also runs and is committed to the team.

Currently, we have no replacement for him. Perhaps Mac Allister from Brighton could be a choice? He can't keep playing every game, can he?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Also very notable how people used to shit talk his pressing and that they said he ran like a headless chicken... Was obvious as ever, that we just needed a coach who could train them to press. Lo and behold, and Bruno is one of the best pressing #10s around..
That was awesome, he was criticised for working hard and trying to win the ball, he gets criticism for not having enough assists even when he is in top 3-5 in chances created and expected assists. Yeah few don't like his style of play, the reasons they come up with to have a go at him are hilarious.

Adamsk7

Brilliant. Has emerged as the heart of this new Utd. Desire to win at all costs, maximum effort and a genuine, down to earth family man off the field to boot.

I hope that one day we can get the Bruno that mixes all the responsibility and captaining ability with the magic of his first year with us. Now that would be a player.

lost7

Pass completion:

He’s an absolute gem.
Come on, let's not compare him to De Bruyne. De Bruyne's genuinely among the best players in the world, Bruno is not even close to that. Scoring a goal in the derby does't change that...

The United

Come on, let's not compare him to De Bruyne. De Bruyne's genuinely among the best players in the world, Bruno is not even close to that. Scoring a goal in the derby does't change that...
Bruno is not very far from De Bruyne, individually.

But of course, the team Bruno is in is miles behind the one that De Bruyne is in.

The United

Branding players as headless chicken was one of the bizarre shit that fans can criticize the players for. I bet they want 11 Martials out there.

We have had a few (good and successful) players who got that in the past too.

Aye, that’s all Bruno has done since arriving in England. And let’s pretend Fernandes didn’t set up nearly every big chance we had yesterday and ignore that he just massively outshone KDB in the World Cup.
Take KdB’s possession dominant team away from him and there’s no huge difference. Both absolutely superb attacking midfielders that produce an incredible amount of goal moments.

Mr PG

Bruno is a great player and reaching that next level of world class is few and far between.

I would respectfully disagree that Bruno isn't a great passer. He's a good passer, with great vision, and is a match winner with his passing. And his technique is very good. That all adds up to being a great provider, which he is.

Of those things yoy listed...prime close control, ability to dribble out of a press or when surrounded by players, great passer...that's a poor man's Messi.

So I'll ask you this...if not Bruno, then who? Not many to choose from at the world class level you choose to seek.

And we're not even considering Bruno's off the ball work, his defensive contributions, nor winners mentality.
Bruno was the highest rated player in the World Cup by two different algorithms one of them being whoscored but that won’t stop some United fans spilling all this bile about him. I had many saying how Eriksen would instantly bench Bruno. Didn’t happen.

Strelok

Glad to have supported him from the start. Seldom do you have a player who not only plays well but also runs and is committed to the team.

Currently, we have no replacement for him. Perhaps Mac Allister from Brighton could be a choice? He can't keep playing every game, can he?
Imo Mc Allister is another type of midfielder. He's more of a ball carrier imo. And surely he looked fantastic in the World Cup but I don't think I could say the same in the PL.

Actually imo it's very hard to replace Bruno atm. His insane work rate, his passing, his creativity, his drive, his goals, his assists. Very hard to find an attacking player with this kind of productivity while still contribute very well in defensive duties and love to do the dirty job. Griezmann might do the job for a couple years but I don't think he'd be as good as Bruno.

Tbh I simply can't stretch how important he is for us atm. He's surely frustrating to watch sometime but his desire and always giving his all alone makes me really really love this guy.

Levi1

In my opinion, he is the best in his position in the world. Amazing creativity and vision and his execution is very good, even if not on every occasion.

NoPace

Imo Mc Allister is another type of midfielder. He's more of a ball carrier imo. And surely he looked fantastic in the World Cup but I don't think I could say the same in the PL.
Mac Allister is quite good as passing the ball forwards from deep, if we signed him it would be to compete with and eventually replace Eriksen as our #8, I think.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I always trust Bruno in that kind of games where we sit and counter, and he did not disappoint against City. Good game, great goal and pass for the Rashford goal in the buildup.

CG1010

The amount of words that came out of his mouth when he complained to the linesman, in the space of 15 seconds. Jesus.
:lol: I bet refree decision was partly influenced by not wanting to face another barrage of words from him if he didn't allow the goal to stand!

Tony247

He was absolutely mint yesterday. That's what a senior player should do in big matches to set an example.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bruno is not very far from De Bruyne, individually.

But of course, the team Bruno is in is miles behind the one that De Bruyne is in.
I think we saw the difference between them in real time — the biggest difference between the two is that de Bruyne has explosive pace (for a no.10) and the ability to carry the ball. He was getting a man mark job out of the game by Fred for the majority of it, but the one time he’s able to get a bit of space he has the pace and strength to make a run across the byline and ping one back post for their goal. Unfortunately, Fernandes just simply doesn’t have that element to his game.

Everything else is fairly similar and the stats will back that up (with swing in de Bruyne’s favour on everything as he is the better player).

The United

I think we saw the difference between them in real time — the biggest difference between the two is that de Bruyne has explosive pace (for a no.10) and the ability to carry the ball. He was getting a man mark job out of the game by Fred for the majority of it, but the one time he’s able to get a bit of space he has the pace and strength to make a run across the byline and ping one back post for their goal. Unfortunately, Fernandes just simply doesn’t have that element to his game.

Everything else is fairly similar and the stats will back that up (with swing in de Bruyne’s favour on everything as he is the better player).
Don't disagree too much with it.

But, Bruno was not being played in his favorite role for half of the game, btw, if that might make some difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.