6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Nothing about his game that suggests he can be a system player. Keeps throwing shit at the wall hoping it sticks. There are a lot of moments FC players in the squad. Bruno is an epitome of that group.

Womp

idiot
Crazy how styles influence players. Looked our best and (only?) worthwhile player in a certain system under Ole when he first joined. IMO was arguably by far our worst player on the pitch yesterday. Ruined a lot of our good moments, struggled to keep the ball moving and maintain possession etc. Wouldn't be surprised to see him phased out if he doesn't significantly improve.

NoPace

Should never have been signed, should have been sold instead of extending a contract that had 3 more years on it, and now we’ll spend the next couple of years moving him from position to position trying to find one that we can play him regularly where he can cause least disruption. Too many players in our squad just lack the basic ability to play at the very highest level. Sadly for us, most of them seem to be in our midfield.
I think because of the Covid financial issues, nobody was in from the continent to offer him CL football and pay us a huge fee. That happens with #10s because they're hard to fit in, but when it was clear Ten Hag was the manager I did think maybe we'd sell Bruno for 80M to say Atletico Madrid or Juventus (who could play Chiesa-Bruno-DiMaria behind Vlahovic) and just give Ten Hag the money to buy a couple players he likes at positions we were weaker at. The Eriksen signing only made that sort of thing even more logical, but I'm not sure anyone really came in for him.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I did think maybe we'd sell Bruno for 80M to say Atletico Madrid or Juventus.
They never trade players out to get others in. They don’t even sell players at all. With Bruno, they gave him a new contract instead of moving him on when his form had gone. That was on Murtough’s watch, no Woodward around.

Newtonius

Crazy how styles influence players. Looked our best and (only?) worthwhile player in a certain system under Ole when he first joined. IMO was arguably by far our worst player on the pitch yesterday. Ruined a lot of our good moments, struggled to keep the ball moving and maintain possession etc. Wouldn't be surprised to see him phased out if he doesn't significantly improve.
Agree very much another one of those who will struggle with ETH, really can't see him and Eriksen working out you could see how much the speed of the game improved when Donny came on with the little links and runs/one touch passes they were making.

Big test with ETH for me Ole would keep playing these same players so i hope he brings in Malacia and Donny in the next game instead, if Martial or CR7 are fit enough to start too think we do alright in terms of performance.

Mr Smith

I still think he can improve with some proper coaching and some confidence, but he's infuriating to watch. Also playing him as the 10 and Eriksen as the false 9 made no sense, should have been the other way around. We saw what it could have brought when Eriksen dropped deep and found a really great run.

NoPace

They never trade players out to get others in. They don’t even sell players at all. With Bruno, they gave him a new contract instead of moving him on when his form had gone. That was on Murtough’s watch, no Woodward around.
Tough to see a Juve swap without De Ligt, and I highly doubt he would have wanted us over Bayern.

Atletico though, could have worked. Hermoso is left-footed and good on the ball and had a rough season. Add Joao Felix (and money from our side) or a pushed out Cunha and some money and that might have come off.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Tough to see a Juve swap without De Ligt, and I highly doubt he would have wanted us over Bayern.

Atletico though, could have worked. Hermoso is left-footed and good on the ball and had a rough season. Add Joao Felix (and money from our side) or a pushed out Cunha and some money and that might have come off.
I don’t necessarily mean swap deals, but just selling a player (even at a low fee) so they can move for others. I think the point I’m making is they have no flexibility, until it gets to panic time.

Water Melon

Will he be able to cut out his "hopeful" passing? I bloody hope he will. Otherwise, it will be extremely difficult to move him on

Idxomer

He wasn't, Fred and Martial were playing probably their best football with United during that period and others like Matic, Shaw and then Pogba and Greenwood during project restart added a lot to the team.

Bruno was playing well in that system but he was also at the right place at the right time and because he replaced Pereira and Lingard, everything got lazily attributed to him.

KD6-3.7

I barely watched any full games last season but wow i never realised just how bad he has got, he was always guilty of giving the ball away to much but he basically ruined every one of our attacks against Brighton.

avgp_1

Why does he always spend so long on the floor? Every tackle on him rolling around or with his face in the turf, pretending he's hurt. Get up and get on with it.
It's mostly when he is pressed from behind, he absolutely has no control of the ball, loses his balances when there is any sort of contact and tumbles. He is shocking with his back to goal.

To hide it he pretends he was fouled

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I said before the season - Bruno and AWB will have hard time adjusting to different style of play. Even McTominay, if given a very specific role, might be effective under Ten Hag in some games.
Bruno though... He can only play the final ball, he doesn't sense danger and can't keep possession.

I was very happy when we got Eriksen, because he's a completely different player go Bruno. Fernandez would never do what Eriksen yesterday (dropping into midfield). He's an attacker and I do believe he will be useful this season close to the box. But next season I can see us playing without no10 position.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think because of the Covid financial issues, nobody was in from the continent to offer him CL football and pay us a huge fee. That happens with #10s because they're hard to fit in, but when it was clear Ten Hag was the manager I did think maybe we'd sell Bruno for 80M to say Atletico Madrid or Juventus (who could play Chiesa-Bruno-DiMaria behind Vlahovic) and just give Ten Hag the money to buy a couple players he likes at positions we were weaker at. The Eriksen signing only made that sort of thing even more logical, but I'm not sure anyone really came in for him.
Even if a team was in for him and offered us a big fee, I’m almost certain that we’d have rejected it. For a start, we gave him a nee contract just before the window opened in the first place, which showed where our position lay on the matter.

I’ve been on to this guy from the start, and knew that he was far from up to being the centrepiece in a top team. Now that Pogba has left, people will be able to see it clearly now, as many seemed to feel that they had to champion him almost on the basis that they didn’t rate/like Pogba. This guy can barely do the basics, and even Pascal Gross is a better and more intelligent footballer than him. A #10 with poor game intelligence, no ability to pass and move and poor close control in almost an oxymoron. In the words of Franklin Saint - ‘that’s the job!!!’.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It's mostly when he is pressed from behind, he absolutely has no control of the ball, loses his balances when there is any sort of contact and tumbles. He is shocking with his back to goal.

To hide it he pretends he was fouled
Then after the pretend foul he jumps up with the look of a scalded cat.

Male or break season I think

Bwuk

Getting really fed up with him.

He scores that early chance (He should have buried it), and we go onto win most likely.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
When he joined, I joked to my mates who were getting excited about this that we will probably manage to ruin the guy and will sell him to Galatasaray for 50% of the price within 2 years. Then he started off really well, got great numbers and looked like a quality player.

I think that Galatasaray transfer might be coming up though.

lost7

May as well link this post to this thread as well.
Perfect way to show how stats can be used to push any narrative. Bruno has been awful for too long now for anyone to care about the fact that he created x amount of chances or his percentage of passes was decent.

And no, he wasn't better than Eriksen yesterday, take off your Bruno glasses

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Perfect way to show how stats can be used to push any narrative. Bruno has been awful for too long now for anyone to care about the fact that he created x amount of chances or his percentage of passes was decent.

And no, he wasn't better than Eriksen yesterday, take off your Bruno glasses
Stats don’t push a narrative. They’re just stats. Feel free to ignore them if they confuse you.

Greck

Why does he sky so many sitters these days? He had an appalling one in preseason as well. The goal is open and he sets himself only to use the absolute worst technique like he's taking a freekick. His total lack of composure seems to have seeped into his shooting as well.

Oldtraffordboy

Feels like he's getting away with it at the moment, while everyone focuses on McFred.

Struggling with the basics, and seems to be playing 100% on "instinct"

The chance at the weekend was prime example of just using unecessarily random technique when composure was needed.

Was anti the Eriksen move initially, but now so glad we have him to hopefully start burying these chances and taking a decent set piece.

Last edited:

Lee565

He just amplifies our weak midfield of mcfred, it is bad enough that these two are starting in our midfield but he makes them even more exposed as a 2 man midfield and struggles to get any grip of control on the game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feels like he's getting away with it at the moment, while everyone focuses on McFred.

Struggling with the basics, and seems to be playing 100% on "instinct"

The chance at the weekend was prime example of just using unecessarily random technique when composure was needed.

Was anti the Eriksen move initially, but now so glad we have him to hopefully start burying these chances and taking a decent set piece.
Eh, don't think he's getting away with it at the moment, he's getting plenty of criticism and plenty of fans are losing hope in him. He's just not consistent enough though. Capable of excellent and controlled games, capable of wild and horrible games. Can't rely on that. For me I'd really like to see a midfield 3 of Eriksen, and then 2 of Garner/Donny/Fred around him. Try and find a midfield balance between them with players that won't give it away relentlessly but can be solid defensively. Use Bruno out wide maybe and have him rotate with Rashford and sancho, his qualities suit the position more.

TsuWave

we'll never be a serious team with this guy in it. nothing player.

el3mel

Why he is still starting is beyond me. Just bench the feck out of him and move on.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Always has been extremely overrated by United fans, to think he used to be compared with KDB is mind blowing.
Harsh. He was really good for the first 6 months... of course downright shocking ever since.

What's worrying is how he looks unable to play any role where he's not expected to do hollywood shite all the time, which has been the case ever since Ole left.

Last edited:

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Would rather have VdB. He doesn’t do anything, but at least it’s not a net negative to the team like this chancer.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Why did he get a yellow card? I haven't seen a ref stop play to give a yellow for lightly pushing someone before. I know questions wont be asked about that because "he deserves it" yadda yadda, but I truly don't think I've seen that before. Unless I missed some major infringement. or is that some sort of new rule? Any pushing instantly yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.