g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Bruno Fernandes image 8

Bruno Fernandes Portugal flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superunknown

I love this guy. Even when he's not at his best, he still provides something. And when he is playing well, he's just fantastic to watch and have in the team. He brings so much. Brilliant, brilliant player.

Shimo

Captain - ETH had him as his MOTM. Be good when is made permanent club captain. Both on and off the field he is exudes the role.

predator

Youth NITK
His assist for Rashfords first seems to be getting a hell of a lot of admiration but unless I'm missing something massively, it was just a good outside of the foot through ball. It's nothing special at all from a technical pov. If he did that with his left foot then yes that would be mad but it's a pass that any midfielder should be able to do with his right foot. He recieved the ball, one touch, looked up and spotted rashford in acres of space with Leicesters CBs attempting some sort of offside trap. I expect nothing less from someone as good as Bruno.

Not taking anything away from Bruno at all bere as I'm one of his biggest fans but surely anyone that has played football before knows what I mean?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Captain - ETH had him as his MOTM. Be good when is made permanent club captain. Both on and off the field he is exudes the role.
Yeah just seen the quotes:

Gonna be a lot of people on the CAF fewming about this. In their eyes, Ten Hag was meant to come in and end Bruno's career at United: Making him captain, talking about him as the best player on the pitch? Pure fume. :lol:

They'll lay low today but just watch the next time Bruno doesn't have a goal contribution in a game.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Ten Hag is making him into the best possible version of himself I think.

The United

Ten Hag is making him into the best possible version of himself I think.
When the team keeps winning, naturally, everyone will get (look) better. At some point, even Rashford, Martial, and No. 11 were hailed as the best trio in England or something.

How I wish we had a decent No. 9 right now. Our attacking play would improve a few notches.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
When the team keeps winning, naturally, everyone will get (look) better. At some point, even Rashford, Martial, and No. 11 were hailed as the best trio in England or something.

How I wish we had a decent No. 9 right now. Our attacking play would improve a few notches.
Even a fit Martial and we're arguably the strongest team in the league.

eire-red

A masterclass in playmaking today. Played so many top class passes, he must be a dream to play in front of.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was wondering how long it'd take someone to reply with that. Do we think maguire would lift the cup if he was on the bench? I think that'd be a farce tbh.
I think if he's not on the bench then it would be Bruno, but if he's on the bench then he'd lift it. Either way, if we do manage to win a trophy, it really should be Bruno and not Maguire. Farce how he's still captain purely because he's leaving in the summer and it's not worth the humiliation of stripping him of it before he leaves.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Was wondering how long it'd take someone to reply with that. Do we think maguire would lift the cup if he was on the bench? I think that'd be a farce tbh.
I fully expect him tol.

If in doubt, always just ask... What would John Terry do?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
How the duck can he play so many games in such a short space of time? I play footie once a week, 60 mins match and I usually need 5 days to recover!

marktan

A catalyst to our change over the last few years.

Not to start a comparison thread, but I was a fan of Pogba who was more talented than Bruno, but he didn't have half his grit or aggressiveness.

This season is showing how important having a productive and physical number 10 / midfielder hybrid is (Odegaard / De Bruyne). Especially at present where very few teams have two top wide forwards like say Liverpool had with Mane and Salah or Real in the mid 2010s.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
How the duck can he play so many games in such a short space of time? I play footie once a week, 60 mins match and I usually need 5 days to recover!
Well that's one reason why he's a pro footballer and you're not!

Rajma

I think ETH has figured that on the wing Bruno can still provide the creativity whlist us being less suspect to counter attacks due to his erratic / overly aggressive passing, which helps us to gain more control.

Last edited:

Eplel

Honestly, there's no winning with some people here. Unless this dude scores a hat trick every game and catches all 150 pokemon, they'll never be convinced.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I like him on the right tbh. I think we're better off with Sancho's composure/control through the middle, at least in games like today, and then Bruno can spam his through balls from a "front 3" position where he can have more freedom and license to play those passes in behind. Obviously some games he's more suited to the middle, but I think it suits us having Bruno out there. Ultimately we need 1 or 2 of the attackers to be guys who know how to slow the game down, pick out the right options, show some extra composure and hold up play... Antony, Sancho and Martial are all capable of it. Bruno and Rashford are just go go go players so we need that balance.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Our most important signing in the post SAF era. Actually freakish how he can play so often, at such a high intensity, and still be so productive.

PS. @Jeppers7 you mentioned you would post after each Bruno game whether he's good or bad. Haven't posted since before the Barca game, is everything OK?
I wouldn’t hold your breath. They are nothing if not predictable.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Our most important signing in the post SAF era. Actually freakish how he can play so often, at such a high intensity, and still be so productive.

PS. @Jeppers7 you mentioned you would post after each Bruno game whether he's good or bad. Haven't posted since before the Barca game, is everything OK?
I’m away for work at the minute. Thought his workrate was great against Barcelona. Didn’t go today but looking at the highlights his contribution was superb. Almost three assists.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Back to back. Outstanding stuff again today. Flying winger!

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He's a chance creating machine. Only De Bruyne has created more than him this season in the league. Brilliant player.

ForeverRed1

His assist for Rashfords first seems to be getting a hell of a lot of admiration but unless I'm missing something massively, it was just a good outside of the foot through ball. It's nothing special at all from a technical pov. If he did that with his left foot then yes that would be mad but it's a pass that any midfielder should be able to do with his right foot. He recieved the ball, one touch, looked up and spotted rashford in acres of space with Leicesters CBs attempting some sort of offside trap. I expect nothing less from someone as good as Bruno.

Not taking anything away from Bruno at all bere as I'm one of his biggest fans but surely anyone that has played football before knows what I mean?
It was a fantastic ball. Not many players make that pass.

tomaldinho1

I agree actually, I think most PL attacking midfielders have that ball in the locker quite comfortably.

The pass which was insanely good the more I rewatch it was his cross for Dalot, it’s like a whipped low ball that has to bend into such a small gap and the pace on the ball has to be perfect. Beautiful pass.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Wout & Dalot really have cost the guy assists in the last 2 games. Playing well.
Not to mention every time he was alone in the box and and didn't receive the ball.

But that's Bruno. He's a goal and assist machine for sure, but more than that he passes the eye-test. He brings so much to the team it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.