Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudTom83

Captain!

Love him, always affects the game and he is growing into the RW role nicely.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Still can't work him out, after all this time. Plays passes I'm not convinced anyone on Earth can see, much less make, and then 30 seconds later botches a 5 yard easy one and puts us on the back foot.

Still, obviously, love him. He's our smaller, less good Cantona.

Jeffthered

He was terrific today, was our creative platform, he gave our attacking play tempo.

Steven7290

Still can't work him out, after all this time. Plays passes I'm not convinced anyone on Earth can see, much less make, and then 30 seconds later botches a 5 yard easy one and puts us on the back foot.

Cantona lite is really apt for him, always try to do the outrageous.

meamth

His body is the perfect specimen, forget Ronaldo.

Never gets injured, 90 minutes every game, and run all day. How the feck?

Waynne

This. I've wondered this for the longest time. He's the anti-Martial in terms of fitness.

The two of them should star in an Unbreakable remake.

Strelok

If you add the part he's usually got tackled the most it's even more insane.

TsuWave

Think I saw somewhere he's only missed two games over his career and it was due to "illness". His longest injury was 10 days - but apparently he didn't miss a game because of it.

That's an insane record to be honest

edit - SOURCE

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@Cheimoon

I had him down as a RW under ten Hag in the summer before the season started. And Cheimoon you asked me if my reason for that was due to how ten Hag utilised Ziyech on the right side, and my response was that, yes I saw similarities and I could see ten Hag using Bruno in a similar way on the right.

I wouldn't worry too much about his possession stats on the flank because his game is to create chances and take risks. He's also only missed two games for United and that through illness, which is really good.

united for life

This man is fantastic. Real captain material. Always puts a shift, versatile on the pitch, proper leader, great vision (can spot players well), scores, gets back to defend. He’s a great player overall and someone with superb endurance. I think he played all our games this year (almost). He gets sloppy with passing at time, but who’s perfect?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Bruno is a super human. Playing insane number of games start to end, shows no sign of getting tired, making difference in every game. Playing #10, right wing, whatever is needed. Assist, goals. The best captain we've had in many years. Not sure what else anybody can expect from one player. Magnifico

LordSpud

He makes the record for this season then ties with it. And what an engine he has to play on and on and on.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
@Cheimoon

I had him down as a RW under ten Hag in the summer before the season started. And Cheimoon you asked me if my reason for that was due to how ten Hag utilised Ziyech on the right side, and my response was that, yes I saw similarities and I could see ten Hag using Bruno in a similar way on the right.

I wouldn't worry too much about his possession stats on the flank because his game is to create chances and take risks. He's also only missed two games for United and that through illness, which is really good.
Very much so eh. He also seems to have become Ten Hag's right-hand man in the team to some extent - he's obviously the captain, and he also talked just like Ten Hag in his post-match interview. That's more like Tadic at Ajax I guess (I don't think Ziyech was much of a leader), but then Tadic had a similar tactical role as well.

Pretty cool. I wonder how that works when Antony is back from injury, but then having a lot of good options is a luxury issue (as Ten Hag also keeps saying) And with Ten Hag's tactical flexibility, it's also a weapon that can be used really effectively inside matches to surprise the opposition.

Last edited:

klayton88

Love hate relationship. I'll be slating him all game and then he'll pop up with something. No reason to slate him the last few games he's been phenomenal. He needs to cut the daft flicks out and Hollywood balls though and he'd get more recognition. One thing he always guarantees though is availability and putting a shift in. Not seen the stats but I'd be surprised if anybody in our team covers more ground per game than Bruno.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Very much so eh. He also seems to have become Ten Hat's right-hand man in the team to some extent - he's obviously the captain, and he also he talked just like Ten Hag in his post-match interview. That's more like Tadic at Ajax I guess (I don't think Ziyech was much of a leader), but then Tadic had a similar tactical role as well.

Pretty cool. I wonder how that works when Antony is back from injury, but then having a lot of good options is a luxury issue (as Ten Hag also keeps saying) And with Ten Hag's tactical flexibility, it's also a weapon that can be used really effectively inside matches to surprise the opposition.
it was reported in The Athletic about Bruno being a staunch ally of the manager in the dressing room where he would get into arguments with team mates if they didn't adhere to the rules put in place by the manager. So it's not a surprise to see him as ten Hag's captain because he's obviously setting standards for the rest of the squad. And that's something I believe that helps in creating a winning culture. And from what we know about ten Hag, he expects a high standard throughout the club, so Bruno in that regard is a great Captain to build the culture and discipline around.

I think under ten Hag, Bruno can play all across the front line. When you have a coach with ten Hag's principles of play where he gives his players freedom of movement within the positional play principles. Those players will improve and provide a tactical flexibility due to zones/spaces being occupied at all times by players who are coached to fill in the spaces in rest defence to maintain structure, which allows the players actively involved in play to thrive.

And you're absolutely correct, it has the potential to surprise the opponent, if he (ten Hag) can get the players rotating positions in the final third to a high level. And the way things are going, I can see that happening soon.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He can win us the treble but the moment his pass accuracy is below 80%... oh boy, some posters will be MAD.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Well that's one reason why he's a pro footballer and you're not!
Well, ofcourse.

My point was more about this insane fitness levels and his impeccable injury record (I've just jinxed him now havent I?!)

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

Made more starts than any other player in the big 5 leagues since his debut for us. He's an absolute legend. Does anyone have his total minute splayed this season, including international? I'm sure it must be something ridiculous.

romufc

So do people still believe that we cannot win trophies with Bruno in the team?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
We will see on Sunday. People said the same prior to the Europa League final, then Bruno, our captain, elected to go second on a penalty shootout. We all know how that turned out.

He’s playing really well right now. Back to his best from when he first signed under Ole. A good amount of goals and assists, and he’s making a real difference to the team even when not directly contributing to a goal. He appears less petulant too and is starting to feel like the true captain of the team and club.

Now is his chance to evidence he can be a world class player for a top team. Too often he has been found wanting in the big matches, especially away from home or in the latter stages of tournaments. I think it is entirely justified to harbour some doubts still about whether he can be at the level of being a world class player for one of the top teams in the world.

I really hope he can continue his form this week though and start to prove he can belong at that level.

romufc

We will see on Sunday. People said the same prior to the Europa League final, then Bruno, our captain, elected to go second on a penalty shootout. We all know how that turned out.

He’s playing really well right. A good amount of goals and assists, and he’s making a real difference to the team even when not directly contributing to a goal.

Now is his chance to evidence he can be a world class player for a top team. Too often he has been found wanting in the big matches, especially away from home or in the latter stages of tournaments. I think it is entirely justified to harbour some doubts still. I really hope he can continue his form this week and start to put them to bed though.
I understand what you are saying but to have a blanked opinion that we win nothing with Bruno in the team is very naïve.

Regardless of the cup final result, basing the teams ability to win something on 1 player is very silly.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
David Beckham regen on the RW
Yeah, I really like him on the right. Allows him to drift a lot more without leaving big gaps in the middle and the positions he takes up is perfect for his skillset (good crosses, great long-range passes and through balls). Much prefer him wider or deeper, than too far forward centrally.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
The people who actually said that must be thick. Plenty of far worse players have won trophies.

And Bruno is not exactly holding the team back either. Rashford is in the form of his life, but under normal circumstances the only midfielder or attacker in the team that can compare to Bruno's level is 5x CL winner Casemiro.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Kept Ole in charge almost single handedly. Never misses games, works hard. Yes, wastes possession often but without his assists where would we be?

Just please no more flicks near our box.

MadMike

He seems to be no less influential on the RW than at #10, while his high risk/high reward play is less likely to backfire on us from there. His energy is boundless too.

Him and Sancho can interchange between RW and #10 and wreak havoc. All we need is a good all-rounder striker. One that can hold and link up well, while being a decent goal threat himself. If only Tony could stay fit...

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
Being on the right side of the field limits a little bit his area of action. He can't be everywhere. In the center, he will be on the left, center, right, alwas trying to press, to compensate out of position team mates, etc. On the right side, he will rarely go to the left side (unless temporarily changing position with the LW). It limits his area of action but I think it's for the best. It limits slightly his hollywood pass chances, but that means that he has less chances to try and fail the risky passes.

Also, it gives our right side the tenacity that a pure right winger usually doesn't have.

Bruno, Casemiro and Fred make a very annoying midfield for our adversaries to deal with.

Reactions: Cheimoon

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We scored 10 penalties and our keeper missed his, hardly Fernandes's fault. The shoot out finished 11 - 10, unless Fernandes was supposed to go in net?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
If he becomes more possession focused he will lose some of the attacking part, chances created, etc.
I am sure ETH talks to him regularly and advises him in which games he can take more risks and when he should be more cautious.

suheilsworld

Proper Captain material. Does his job on and off the pitch. Look like he is widely respected amongst his peers and youngsters look up to him. I think he is a very supporting and calming influence in the dressing room too. He is a risk taker and you need those to create those chances. Rest is up to our attackers to convert them. Wish all of them were in the same form as Rashford.

Like many pointed out, hope he cuts those unnecessary flicks and tricks near our penalty box. Gives me mini-heart attacks!

Litch

Feck me, he can be inspirational and the next minute petulant and frustrating the other. Cant help but love him...

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
We scored 10 penalties and our keeper missed his, hardly Fernandes's fault. The shoot out finished 11 - 10, unless Fernandes was supposed to go in net?
If you are responsible for coin toss, you should probably know whether to go first or second in a penalty shootout to not handicap your team.

What…. does this mean?
A) People said where are the Ole and Bruno doubters now when we last reached a final… and we didn’t win that one either. Hopefully we win on Sunday and Bruno gets to lift the trophy with Maguire, but we haven’t won it yet.

B) Bruno in the Europa League final opted for United to go second in the penalty shootout, which is a pretty grave error. You are statistically significantly less likely to win a penalty shootout when you go second. You should always choose to go first.

Status
Not open for further replies.