Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
More chances created than other player in the league? Second most goals on the team? Most assists? Most expected assists? Most minutes? Created 5x more big chances than anyone else?

I know you're a troll but even for you this is petty.
It hasn't been his best season, for all the good stuff he's done, of which there is plenty, he should have a lot more goals, his shooting has gone to pot, and he's cost us a few goals as well, he's missed out himself a few penalties because of his reputation for going down, he's never gonna get the 50-50 ones nowadays because of that

criticalanalysis

He is like Batman.

Amazing but so many flaws at the same time. Which is what makes it so poetically brilliant.

But he is our Batman. And we love him.
Because he's the hero Utd deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a mouthy guardian, a beady eyed protector. A dark knight.

Dreams can't be buy.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Played 60 odd games when you factor Internationals, needs a nice long holiday.
57 for United and 9 for Portugal, 66 total. Almost all from the start, very rarely subbed off for club or country. Insane. 2 games left. Had we made the Europa League semi he would've reach 70 FFS.

Gordon S

57 for United and 9 for Portugal, 66 total. Almost all from the start, very rarely subbed off for club or country. Insane. 2 games left. Had we made the Europa League semi he would've reach 70 FFS.
Thats insane!
He seems to be able to survive it but it can´t be sustainable. He has played shitloads for us since he joined.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
He's so damn good. Genuinely world-class and deserves an elite striker. It would be such a shame if we waste his career.

frostbite

I don't think it is possible for a human being to play this many games and be able to perform every time.

Plus, we don't have good strikers, it must be disheartening for a player to create so many chances that result in nothing.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
It hasn't been his best season, for all the good stuff he's done, of which there is plenty, he should have a lot more goals, his shooting has gone to pot, and he's cost us a few goals as well, he's missed out himself a few penalties because of his reputation for going down, he's never gonna get the 50-50 ones nowadays because of that
What you've said can be applied to every single player on our team.

And regarding the lack of penalties, how is that a stick to beat him with? You know other clubs are getting that first half penalty against us every single time. That's s referee problem, not a United problem

Conor

His obsession with blasting shots is so frustrating, he would score so many more goals if he kept shots low like De Bruyne does.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He wrecks my head, to be honest.

For every fantastic pass there is a dozen lackadaisical utterly pointless backheel attempts or lazy misplaced 10 yard passes. The whinging at refs instead of tracking back. The diving.

That stupid fecking word, "chaotic" isn't what we need in that position. Players like De Bruyne and Odegaard created just as much or more than him this season and manage to keep things ticking over sensibly, while being leaders in their team like Bruno is supposed to be. He moans and flaps his arms at his own players when they don't get things right despite him being an extremely sloppy player. Lead by example.

We're not going to get someone who can create as much as him but he needs to pull his head out of his fecking arse next season.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
He wrecks my head, to be honest.

For every fantastic pass there is a dozen lackadaisical utterly pointless backheel attempts or lazy misplaced 10 yard passes. The whinging at refs instead of tracking back. The diving.

That stupid fecking word, "chaotic" isn't what we need in that position. Players like De Bruyne and Odegaard created just as much or more than him this season and manage to keep things ticking over sensibly, while being leaders in their team like Bruno is supposed to be. He moans and flaps his arms at his own players when they don't get things right despite him being an extremely sloppy player. Lead by example.

We're not going to get someone who can create as much as him but he needs to pull his head out of his fecking arse next season.
He is who he is at this point I'm afraid to tell you. And as much as he brings, I can see the point people make about whether we can actually go places with him being this influential?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
What you've said can be applied to every single player on our team.

And regarding the lack of penalties, how is that a stick to beat him with? You know other clubs are getting that first half penalty against us every single time. That's s referee problem, not a United problem
He didn't get it because of his reputation for going down like someone's shot him, there have been quite a few examples of that this season, the first one was, IMO, a 50-50 one, sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't, Bruno's never getting those

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Absolute nonsense
It’s only an opinion, feel free to disagree. For me his form has been very patchy, in the league he has 15 goals + assists of which 8 of them came in a 9 game spell. 7 goals + assists in 27 games could explain in part my opinion. In addition I don’t feel he has performed anywhere near to the level that Varane, Martinez, Shaw, Casemiro, Rashford, Garnacho have and he’s been incredibly inconsistent. I don’t think he’s put a spell of more than four good games together in a row and for the way he plays, which for me lacks the balance of a KDB or Odergaard etc, his output of goals and assists is not more than average. I see lots of stats but the ones that matter and his actual overall performance hasn’t been great.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
It’s only an opinion, feel free to disagree. For me his form has been very patchy, in the league he has 15 goals + assists of which 8 of them came in a 9 game spell. 7 goals + assists in 27 games could explain in part my opinion. In addition I don’t feel he has performed anywhere near to the level that Varane, Martinez, Shaw, Casemiro, Rashford, Garnacho have and he’s been incredibly inconsistent. I don’t think he’s put a spell of more than four good games together in a row and for the way he plays, which for me lacks the balance of a KDB or Odergaard etc, his output of goals and assists is not more than average. I see lots of stats but the ones that matter and his actual overall performance hasn’t been great.
World class mental gymnastics :D Bruno has created more chances per 90 minutes than KDB, Odegaard or anybody else in the league.

Every time somebody calls you out for your nonsense, you go down a completely different path... wait 6 games for the next time he's not directly involved in 2+ goals then spout something else. It's so boring.

Will ignore your list of players he 'hasn't performed anywhere near the level to' because almost all of them have had clear dips in form throughout the season... just like every single player in the world.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He has 12 goals + 15 assists, thought it would be less than 20 this season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This speaks volumes.

He has underperformed on his combined xG + xA by at least 10 and he still ended on 27!
Yeah, he has created most big chances in the league, I think tied with KdB. Difference in the number of assists is too big.

Bruno's finishing has regressed, he missed some easy chances, I hope he steps up.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
World class mental gymnastics :D Bruno has created more chances per 90 minutes than KDB, Odegaard or anybody else in the league.

Every time somebody calls you out for your nonsense, you go down a completely different path... wait 6 games for the next time he's not directly involved in 2+ goals then spout something else. It's so boring.

Will ignore your list of players he 'hasn't performed anywhere near the level to' because almost all of them have had clear dips in form throughout the season... just like every single player in the world.
How have I gone down a different path? I said I felt he’d been average, which was said to be nonsense and I gave my reasons?

When have I ever used chances created as a method to judge Bruno? Why I don’t use it is because in my opinion the way he plays creates a problem in itself and also where are the compilations of all of these chances as you’d want to compare the quality of the chances created rather than the volume surely.

Ultimately what counts are goals, assists and performances. I’m not sure where you’re going with the whole wait six games until Bruno isn’t directly involved in 2+ goals? His first 14 games of the season he scored 2 and had 1 assist and his last 13 games he scored 2 and had 2 assists. The outlier being a short purple patch.

For me he has been very inconsistent and hasn’t put together more than 4 very good performances in a row, followed up with really poor performances. In addition his performance and attitude at Anfield was an absolute disgrace whilst we lost 7-0.

There’s no mental gymnastics or shifting path on my part. My opinion is consistent.

Why ignore my list of players though…Who on my list do you feel Bruno has performed better than consistently over the season?

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I think Bruno overall has been as good and important as Martinez, Casemiro and Rashford. They're all good picks in my opinion.

Bruno's insane number of minutes played just about edges it for me. He's my pick, although I think he'd place 4th or 5th with most fans. Which isn't bad either of course.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
How have I gone down a different path? I said I felt he’d been average, which was said to be nonsense and I gave my reasons?

When have I ever used chances created as a method to judge Bruno? Why I don’t use it is because in my opinion the way he plays creates a problem in itself and also where are the compilations of all of these chances as you’d want to compare the quality of the chances created rather than the volume surely.

Ultimately what counts are goals, assists and performances. I’m not sure where you’re going with the whole wait six games until Bruno isn’t directly involved in 2+ goals? His first 14 games of the season he scored 2 and had 1 assist and his last 13 games he scored 2 and had 2 assists. The outlier being a short purple patch.

For me he has been very inconsistent and hasn’t put together more than 4 very good performances in a row, followed up with really poor performances. In addition his performance and attitude at Anfield was an absolute disgrace whilst we lost 7-0.

There’s no mental gymnastics or shifting path on my part. My opinion is consistent.

Why ignore my list of players though…Who on my list do you feel Bruno has performed better than consistently over the season?
Bruno has absolutely performed better than Garnacho this season. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

Sylar

This speaks volumes.

He has underperformed on his combined xG + xA by at least 10 and he still ended on 27!
It's ridiculous productivity as he defo should have had a few more goals added (yesterday and spurs comes to mind)
And a shit load more assists.

And this takes into account him being shoved out wide at times to accommodate weghorst at times this second half of the season.
And also takes into account a lack of ruthlessness from our strikers.

It hasn't been the strongest season overall yet his importance is still there for us to see. His work off the ball is on the whole really good (bar the moment here and there where he whinges or just stops like v Liverpool)

The most disciplined we've seen him with the ball is when he played deeper with eriksen out.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Bruno has absolutely performed better than Garnacho this season. To say otherwise is ridiculous.
How is it ridiculous ? On what metric ? He’s been more consistent than Bruno, has a lower minutes per goal/assist, hasn’t had the stinkers that Bruno has. The only thing Bruno has is that he’s played more minutes but that doesn’t relate to performance.

What’s ridiculous is that any poster would say that Bruno has been our best performer this season. But hey that’s the Bruno thread.

Belisarius

Varane - excellent when playing but has played 24 premier league games. Has been absent for 13.
Martinez - Terrific season but has played 27 premier league games. Has missed 10 and will miss the last one.
Shaw - Has generally played well but was benched for Malacia after our first two games.
Casemiro - When in form may well be our best player. But, has missed 7 games through suspension and then needed several games to get back up to top speed after each interruption in his season.
Rashford - Fantastic purple patch after the World Cup. But, has not scored nearly as often recently or at the beginning of the season.
Bruno - Played 36 of our 37 premier league games. Always available. Played multiple positions, wherever the manager asked, and played them all well. Very rarely goes a game without creating one or more scoring chances. He has absolutely performed on the level of each of these players when judged over the full season.
Garnacho - Should not have been included in this list.

Donut

His sometimes sloppy passes, flopping and diving do my head in, but he is definitely our talisman, we are toothless without him. If he’d have Rice and Casemiro behind him and Kane infront he’d shine even more.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Varane - excellent when playing but has played 24 premier league games. Has been absent for 13.
Martinez - Terrific season but has played 27 premier league games. Has missed 10 and will miss the last one.
Shaw - Has generally played well but was benched for Malacia after our first two games.
Casemiro - When in form may well be our best player. But, has missed 7 games through suspension and then needed several games to get back up to top speed after each interruption in his season.
Rashford - Fantastic purple patch after the World Cup. But, has not scored nearly as often recently or at the beginning of the season.
Bruno - Played 36 of our 37 premier league games. Always available. Played multiple positions, wherever the manager asked, and played them all well. Very rarely goes a game without creating one or more scoring chances. He has absolutely performed on the level of each of these players when judged over the full season.
Garnacho - Should not have been included in this list.
Your post is all about minutes. Mine is about level of performance. He’s been nowhere near Martinez, Varane, Casemiro, Rashford and for me Garnacho who has played less and performed better minute for minute.

If you want to argue he’s performed better then why are you talking about games played? Martinez has been superb consistently. Rashford has been way more important, way more often, he’s had a fantastic season. Varane and Casemiro are genuine world class players who have performed brilliantly. Bruno has been inconsistent and has had as many poor games and some downright abysmal games, as he’s had good. In fact he’s had more.

pathetic posts like these, trying to claim Bruno has actually out performed the above, are why I didn’t bother with this thread when posters accepted his behaviour at Anfield. Can do no wrong and regardless of performance must be our best player in accordance with this thread.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
How some people cannot see that Bruno is a class player baffles me.

He's quality, would walk into any team in Europe, is the hardest working player on the team, scores goals, creates goals, tackles

Without him we are half the team he is that influential.

OrcaFat

He's quality, would walk into any team in Europe, is the hardest working player on the team, scores goals, creates goals, tackles

I agree; although it’s kind of hard to know what we’re like without him because he’s played nearly every possible minute!

Djemba-Djemba

Is that all you’ve got? He’s been fantastic.
He has been but he's not been better or more important for utd than Bruno. And it's a daft comparison anyway.

I just completely disagree with your assessment of Bruno, the same way I used to constantly disagree with your views on Pogba.

Last edited:

Irwin99

Think the forum will have a meltdown when he starts on the wing vs City. Didn't he play that role when we won 2-1 against them?

He's had a really good season in my opinion.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

It's bizarre. Our most important player in my opinion.

Belisarius

Your post is all about minutes. Mine is about level of performance. He’s been nowhere near Martinez, Varane, Casemiro, Rashford and for me Garnacho who has played less and performed better minute for minute.

If you want to argue he’s performed better then why are you talking about games played? Martinez has been superb consistently. Rashford has been way more important, way more often, he’s had a fantastic season. Varane and Casemiro are genuine world class players who have performed brilliantly. Bruno has been inconsistent and has had as many poor games and some downright abysmal games, as he’s had good. In fact he’s had more.

pathetic posts like these, trying to claim Bruno has actually out performed the above, are why I didn’t bother with this thread when posters accepted his behaviour at Anfield. Can do no wrong and regardless of performance must be our best player in accordance with this thread.
You put Garnacho on a list of our potential players of the season and then call my post pathetic.... That's funny.

Also, I didn't claim Bruno has outperformed the others on the list. I said "he has performed on the level of". In the English language "on" is not synonymous with "above".

Lastly, when discussing a player's season, their availability is pretty important. Martial has a better goals to minutes ratio than Garnacho and close to Rashford's. But, nobody says he has had a good season because he is never available. Bruno is ALWAYS available. That quality is hugely important and rare whether you'll admit it or not.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You put Garnacho on a list of our potential players of the season and then call my post pathetic.... That's funny.

Also, I didn't claim Bruno has outperformed the others on the list. I said "he has performed on the level of". In the English language "on" is not synonymous with "above".

Lastly, when discussing a player's season, their availability is pretty important. Martial has a better goals to minutes ratio than Garnacho and close to Rashford's. But, nobody says he has had a good season because he is never available. Bruno is ALWAYS available. That quality is hugely important and rare whether you'll admit it or not.
So if I’m right what you’re saying is that Bruno has performed on the same level consistently as Casemiro, Martinez, Varane, Rashford ?

Absolute nonsense.

This thread :lol:

Belisarius

So if I’m right what you’re saying is that Bruno has performed on the same level consistently as Casemiro, Martinez, Varane, Rashford ?

Absolute nonsense.

This thread :lol:
What I'm saying is that judged over the whole premier league season (37 games so far) his contribution to the team has been equal to Casemiro, Martinez, Varane, Rashford and Shaw.

Another way of saying it would be, if you removed him from our roster for the full season it would have a negative affect on our results at least equal to or possibly greater than removing any of the others on the list for the full season.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What I'm saying is that judged over the whole premier league season (37 games so far) his contribution to the team has been equal to Casemiro, Martinez, Varane, Rashford and Shaw.

Another way of saying it would be, if you removed him from our roster for the full season it would have a negative affect on our results at least equal to or possibly greater than removing any of the others on the list for the full season.
He hasn’t played as well. To suggest otherwise is pathetic. But it’s the Bruno thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.