2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

NZT-One

Honestly why are we not using him in that false 9 with 2 of rashford garnacho amad anthony/new signing as wide forwards. Gives less pressure on hojlund while giving us a physical plan b, would allow mount to come into a central midfield 3 with Kobbie + DM.
Two reasons:
a) City didn't lose today because they couldn't contain our firepower and great positioning. They lost because they apparently didn't expect us to play as deep as we did and weren't equipped with a plan to overcome that.
b) Bruno would get the same treatment as many "false 9", opponents would cut passing lanes towards him and given that he is neither fast, nor strong, nor strong on the ball he probably wouldn't see much of the ball, would be frustrated after 14 minutes and throw tantrums after 25. As an option, it works. As a default, bad idea.

NZT-One

He played his part extremely well, when you're not playing for possession, you have to look at other factors such as tackles, distance covered, decision making. He was excellent at everything he was asked to do today, it's unfair not to respect that just because we were playing against a much stronger opponent.
To me it was an overall good to very good team performance aided by a rather lacklustre city side who, for one reason or another, didn't really shift gears to really challenge us. I don't think anybody stood out defensively, it was disciplined but if anybody, I guess it would be Onana for me as I think his saves against Walker were vital (while his part on Dokus goals wasn't great). Brunos assist was really good and his decision making was better than usual. Extremely well and excellent - I guess that sort of vocabulary is kept for special occasions to me. Not for a game where we didn't have the ball much - even though result and occasion obviously make it a very sweet experience in total.

Lets just settle this by accepting that perception is subjective. No need to bring in stuff like "unfair" and "respect". It isn't going to help a constructive debate.

Raven

To me it was an overall good to very good team performance aided by a rather lacklustre city side who, for one reason or another, didn't really shift gears to really challenge us. I don't think anybody stood out defensively, it was disciplined but if anybody, I guess it would be Onana for me as I think his saves against Walker were vital (while his part on Dokus goals wasn't great). Brunos assist was really good and his decision making was better than usual. Extremely well and excellent - I guess that sort of vocabulary is kept for special occasions to me. Not for a game where we didn't have the ball much - even though result and occasion obviously make it a very sweet experience in total.

Lets just settle this by accepting that perception is subjective. No need to bring in stuff like "unfair" and "respect". It isn't going to help a constructive debate.
Didn't mean it as a diss bud, just surprised at the difference of opinion. Like you say, let's agree to disagree.

GazTheLegend

Thats it, I am out of the rating stuff next season :lol: I honestly have no clue what game I saw. His assist was really good. And he was positionally pretty disciplined. But we had almost none of the ball, what are you basing this "all time performance" on?! Genuine question at this point
We only dropped off them after our second goal. We basically played 6-3-1 in the second half, but in the first half when we actually played football he was truly world class at times. Only player close to his level in a United shirt was Mainoo.

Edit: and Lisandro Martinez was absolutely OUTSTANDING for the time he was on the pitch.

NZT-One

We only dropped off them after our second goal. We basically played 6-3-1 in the second half, but in the first half when we actually played football he was truly world class at times. Only player close to his level in a United shirt was Mainoo.

Edit: and Lisandro Martinez was absolutely OUTSTANDING for the time he was on the pitch.
feck me sideways... world class and outstanding... I guess my level of drama is certainly way below average for the crowd on here.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
That pass to Kobbie, Bruno was immense. He just makes things happen.
He's just a quality player when utilised correctly. Such an attacking threat and leads by example. He clearly gets frustrated by our play at times but that's just a sign of someone not liking standards dropping.

Our best signings in years. Perhaps since Ronaldo and Rooney?

dutchred

I'm surprised that it took ETH so long to see him as a false number 9. In his most successful period at Ajax ETH used Tadic as a fase number 9 and used Huntelaar as a center forward and Tadic as a left winger when needed

OverratedOpinion

Got it.

Focus on the stats that suit the argument the most. Could have thought of it myself, silly me.
I'd personally focus on the multitude of more relevant ones in regards to how he performed at the task set for him rather than 1 less relevant one.

Whoscored where I got them also had him as the highest rated player on the pitch.

strandty

Just watched the highlights on the FA Cup channel, Martin Tyler said Bruno miskicked the ball for the Mainoo assist :lol:

NZT-One

I'd personally focus on the multitude of more relevant ones in regards to how he performed at the task set for him rather than 1 less relevant one.

Whoscored where I got them also had him as the highest rated player on the pitch.
Sofascore has him also rated the highest. 8.0 for Bruno, 7.7 for Garnacho. But 7.7 also for Foden and still 6.8 for Haaland. Those ratings are difficult to use in debates in my eyes. Because you don't know the weighting of factors that go into it.

And just for the record: I didn't focus on one stat. I just added to your list. Pretty sure you won't find a post where I said that he lost too many balls today.

OverratedOpinion

Sofascore has him also rated the highest. 8.0 for Bruno, 7.7 for Garnacho. But 7.7 also for Foden and still 6.8 for Haaland. Those ratings are difficult to use in debates in my eyes. Because you don't know the weighting of factors that go into it.

And just for the record: I didn't focus on one stat. I just added to your list. Pretty sure you won't find a post where I said that he lost too many balls today.
No but it was what you replied. I don't think majority opinion is always right but I do find it strange nearly every fan I've seen, every site and every pundit thinks he was excellent.

I reckon you might just be wrong and he had an excellent game personally.

Atheist

Just watched the highlights on the FA Cup channel, Martin Tyler said Bruno miskicked the ball for the Mainoo assist :lol:
Couldn’t believe that. At least the co-commentator recognized the genius of the pass but that was an awful gaffe from Tyler.

NZT-One

No but it was what you replied. I don't think majority opinion is always right but I do find it strange nearly every fan I've seen, every site and every pundit thinks he was excellent.

I reckon you might just be wrong and he had an excellent game personally.
Definitely a possibility.

Eplel

What? An assist without looking again? Surely that was by mistake.

Jund

He really is a good player. I wish I could see what would have been if it was him instead of Kagawa under SAF.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It looks like he's maturing as a player and entering another phase in his career. A lot more mindful and considered. He's linking up in ways that are so much more constructive lately, picking and choosing his moments to attempt the killer ball. It makes him a harder player to plan for and gives hope he can adapt his game to a more intricate style.

Much prefer this iteration than bomb ball Bruno who gets so much adulation for numbers whilst all the turnovers are ignored. There's no need to gloss over anything with this version because he's doing the right thing so much more.

Will be very interesting to see how he plays at the Euros because he looks like a consummate player at the moment, which shines a better light on him with whole lot less things to criticise.

Shark

@NotShark
Club legend in the making. Struggling United team or not, he's been immense and in a consistently winning side would be even more so.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
He had an amazing game, but man did I groan when he tried to lob the goal keeper at the end of the match. How can anyone be so great and brainless at the same time?
About as brainless as someone who joins a forum and and posts twice in 9 years, why bother?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
What? An assist without looking again? Surely that was by mistake.
Watch the build up to the goal, Bruno clnearly looks over a few times to see where Mainoo was, he didn't need to look whe he passed because he knew exactly where he was going to be

Eplel

Watch the build up to the goal, Bruno clnearly looks over a few times to see where Mainoo was, he didn't need to look whe he passed because he knew exactly where he was going to be
I know, I was being ironic - some scientists over here were suggesting his previous assist to Mainoo in the league was by mistake, because it was a no-look pass (which would be a fair criticism if it was me making that assist, but when it comes from one of the most creative players in the Premier League it's different).

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I know, I was being ironic - some scientists over here were suggesting his previous assist to Mainoo in the league was by mistake, because it was a no-look pass (which would be a fair criticism if it was me making that assist, but when it comes from one of the most creative players in the Premier League it's different).
Roll on the "mistakes" then :D

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Stepped up and delivered today. Maybe his erratic passes sometimes frustrates me but i have never had any issue with his workrate. Gives everything on the pitch and then some. Best post Fergie signing without any doubt.
Hope he sees more success here in coming years

El Jefe

I think what Bruno's recent form shows is that the criticism of him before was fair because now that he's been on a heater for the last three months and actually performed well in big moments has led to him getting far more respect. There are posters on here including myself that were aggresively anti-Bruno but that has eased and almost turned in recent weeks.

With all due respect no one gives a feck about stats if he can't reproduce these moments when they matter most. That's all that Bruno critics like me have mainly asked for.

Sure he has bad habits but those are easier to tolerate if he plays within the team. Today he was so impressive and didn't look to force things or go on lone man presses.

He has clearly stepped up his form and has actually led us to a trophy now. These were the the questions being asked of him and he's answering them now.

NZT-One

It looks like he's maturing as a player and entering another phase in his career. A lot more mindful and considered. He's linking up in ways that are so much more constructive lately, picking and choosing his moments to attempt the killer ball. It makes him a harder player to plan for and gives hope he can adapt his game to a more intricate style.

Much prefer this iteration than bomb ball Bruno who gets so much adulation for numbers whilst all the turnovers are ignored. There's no need to gloss over anything with this version because he's doing the right thing so much more.
I agree with this. Lets hope that this trend is really a trend and not just the reaction of the end of miserable season (not for him specifically but the club).

Will be very interesting to see how he plays at the Euros because he looks like a consummate player at the moment, which shines a better light on him with whole lot less things to criticise.
People say he plays even more a CM role for Portugal doesn't he? Long ball to Rafael Leao could replicate a pattern he sure knows from United.

where are all the muppets from this thread?
They'll be back once a bad result is there. Enough praise in here to make sure of that.

Eddy_JukeZ

Much better since the new year.

I honestly lost hope and would have cashed in with how poor he looked for a while this season.

Talismanic lately though. Foolish of me.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Two reasons:
a) City didn't lose today because they couldn't contain our firepower and great positioning. They lost because they apparently didn't expect us to play as deep as we did and weren't equipped with a plan to overcome that.
b) Bruno would get the same treatment as many "false 9", opponents would cut passing lanes towards him and given that he is neither fast, nor strong, nor strong on the ball he probably wouldn't see much of the ball, would be frustrated after 14 minutes and throw tantrums after 25. As an option, it works. As a default, bad idea.
Yeah false 9's need to be better on the ball than he is dribbling wise (I also don't think that's really what he was today).

Valencia Shin Crosses

Agree completely. He racked up numbers the past couple of months but even without them he was twice the player than he was for the first half of the season. The decision making and overall footballing IQ and willingness to "play" as opposed to just bomb everything into the box made such a difference. The level he played at in the run IS a world class player. I just want to see that player constantly because it completely changes the dynamic of how we can play going forward, instead of him being the reckless gunslinger that occassionally pops up.

I also think the forced rest from injury did him a world of good. I REALLY hope we rotate him going forward now that he'll be in his 30's. It's great that he's always fit, but it's also fecking stupid to just assume a player will always be at his best if you play him every game for 90+ minutes no matter what. Being able to sub him off/on/rest him occassionally would do a world of good for his sharpness when we really need him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So happy for him, deserved that one. We need to give him a breather now and then as he just plays much better once he isn't overworked. Hopefully Mount can stay fit so we can rotate him in the Europa League next season

Djemba-Djemba

Scored in round 3, scored in round 4, got the assist for the winner in Round 5, scored in the semi final, world class assist in the final.

Nobody deserves a winners medal more than Bruno.