2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

zapp

So pleased for him. Fantastic assist for what is surely one of the great FA Cup final goals. Lovely play building out from the back and then the vision and weight of pass to play in Kobbie... just beautiful to watch. Hope he can build on that performance. More of that please.

BorisManUtd

Top performance and I'm not surprised after that 'Dear United' letter from yesterday. Also it wasn't about the assist or creating chances for me as much as him being really good in possession with good simple passes, especially in first half when we played really well.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
People wanting him sold and calling him "a problem" is my biggest wtf moment of the season.
Our no1 player in every aspect.

Hypnus

People wanting him sold and calling him "a problem" is my biggest wtf moment of the season.
I like Bruno, but he certainly was a problem in the first half of the season, like Rashford has been this season. Some absolute disgraceful performances and it looked like he had lost it. A few of my mates who absolutely adore him said it was about time he needs to be benched.

He is also not our best player in every aspect. We have Mainoo, Garnacho, Dalot, Martinez and Shaw who are way better in a lot of aspects. Creatively, though, he is by far our best.

These last few months he has been incredible, and we really needed him to be or we would have an even worse end to the season.

tomaldinho1

Big game performance, kept his cool a lot better this game I thought. Don’t think I once saw him chase and get caught out by someone passing round him.

Marwood

I like him in that role. Frustrating we haven't used it more often when we badly need another midfielder on the pitch and Rasmus is barely involved anyway.

NZT-One

Big game performance, kept his cool a lot better this game I thought. Don’t think I once saw him chase and get caught out by someone passing round him.
Pretty sure it happend twice or thrice. But it wasn't an issue because we were so compact and he mostly had players behind him. Him chasing was never a problem per se, the negative effects only happened when he did it without synchronisation.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Love him, one of the most disrespected players in our history. By his own fans, no less.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Top performance and I'm not surprised after that 'Dear United' letter from yesterday. Also it wasn't about the assist or creating chances for me as much as him being really good in possession with good simple passes, especially in first half when we played really well.
Agree. He'll always create chances and I think any of us that have been more critical of him still never doubted that. But the efficiency in his play was on another planet the past two months of top form, and it turns him into a completely different level of player.

marktan

Bruno with a midweek rest is different gravy

Gutted we ended up getting into the shitty Europa again, another 50 game season for him incoming

Djemba-Djemba

Absolutely made up for him.

Gets to lift a trophy as Utd captain, it's the least he's deserved.

Far and away our best player post Fergie, he's fecking mint.

Nori-

I was one of the people who said we should cash in on him now, but feck it, he's too important.

Give him a new 4 year contract.

NZT-One

An all time performance from him today. His best ever. I gave him a 10. Sensational all game.
Thats it, I am out of the rating stuff next season :lol: I honestly have no clue what game I saw. His assist was really good. And he was positionally pretty disciplined. But we had almost none of the ball, what are you basing this "all time performance" on?! Genuine question at this point

Thats it, I am out of the rating stuff next season :lol: I honestly have no clue what game I saw. His assist was really good. And he was positionally pretty disciplined. But we had almost none of the ball, what are you basing this "all time performance" on?! Genuine question at this point
I think that’s the best I’ve ever seen Bruno play in a Utd shirt! In a final, against the best team in the world, on and off the ball!

NZT-One

I think that’s the best I’ve ever seen Bruno play in a Utd shirt! In a final, against the best team in the world, on and off the ball!
Do you think you would say the same if we would have lost 0:1? Not that I think it is wrong that result and occasion change performance perception, but a 10 rating? Majestic performance? Genius? Thats a lot of praise.

OverratedOpinion

To be fair he had a great assist, most key passes, most chances created, most successful dribbles and most tackles. Not just for us but in the game.

NZT-One

To be fair he had a great assist, most key passes, most chances created, most successful dribbles and most tackles. Not just for us but in the game.
And most ball losses according to sofascore :lol: So I guess we can all feel good and enjoy the occasion each with our own confirmation bias

Raven

Do you think you would say the same if we would have lost 0:1? Not that I think it is wrong that result and occasion change performance perception, but a 10 rating? Majestic performance? Genius? Thats a lot of praise.
You were giving out a few weeks back about people giving him 8s and 9s when he either scored twice and assisted once or vice versa. The guy has been up and down this season but the last couple of months he's barely dropped below an 8. If he'd played like he has over the last couple of months for the entire season we'd probably have top 4, he's world class when he's on form.

united for life

he has been immense for us since he joined. A player with great vision, passionate, work rate second to none and plays for the shirt. He can spot players, like what he did today with mainoo, and is a very good tactical player.

you’re right, some people calling him the problem is just a shame

OverratedOpinion

And most ball losses according to sofascore :lol: So I guess we can all feel good and enjoy the occasion each with our own confirmation bias
Such a poor response to the 5 or so stats he topped the match in.

That's always going to be the case against City when he is our main creative force. He has to try a lot of things in matches like that. If they all came off he would need to be Zidane on steroids.

NoPace

I like Bruno, but he certainly was a problem in the first half of the season, like Rashford has been this season. Some absolute disgraceful performances and it looked like he had lost it. A few of my mates who absolutely adore him said it was about time he needs to be benched.

He is also not our best player in every aspect. We have Mainoo, Garnacho, Dalot, Martinez and Shaw who are way better in a lot of aspects. Creatively, though, he is by far our best.

These last few months he has been incredible, and we really needed him to be or we would have an even worse end to the season.
I think when you look at our overall lack of quality, I'm closer to thinking we just switch the system than benching Bruno. Like if he has to play the Bellingham role or Adli's role at Leverkusen and he's a false 9 with Garnacho and Hojlund either side of him and Mainoo, a new CM and a DM then fine. You can't really take his goals and assists and energy out of the team and improve us.

NZT-One

You were giving out a few weeks back about people giving him 8s and 9s when he either scored twice and assisted once or vice versa. The guy has been up and down this season but the last couple of months he's barely dropped below an 8. If he'd played like he has over the last couple of months for the entire season we'd probably have top 4, he's world class when he's on form.
I didn't understand 8 and 9s back then and I certainly don't understand a 10. Yet my season average rating for him is mostly in line with the redcafe average. Which indicates to me that maybe I am just more moderate in both handing out praise and blame.

Such a poor response to the 5 or so stats he topped the match in.

That's always going to be the case against City when he is our main creative force. He has to try a lot of things in matches like that. If they all came off he would need to be Zidane on steroids.
Response wasn't meant as a dig. But when you picked some stats I thought I could pick at least one as well. I like the bolded part, I agree. We should keep it in mind when some on here try to criticize KDB for todays match.

edit: the criticism for KDB goes on. Maybe you enter your context reminder there too :)

OverratedOpinion

Response wasn't meant as a dig. But when you picked some stats I thought I could pick at least one as well. I like the bolded part, I agree. We should keep it in mind when some on here try to criticize KDB for todays match.
I didn't think it was a dig, I thought it was a bad response.

De Bruyne is brilliant, even more brilliant than Bruno.

OverratedOpinion

Apologies then :) why do you think it was bad though?
Because the stat you chose to share isn't really any indication of a bad performance given his role in the team.

With that in mind I don't think that 1 stat against the 5 or so I mentioned is particularly relevant.

Raven

I didn't understand 8 and 9s back then and I certainly don't understand a 10. Yet my season average rating for him is mostly in line with the redcafe average. Which indicates to me that maybe I am just more moderate in both handing out praise and blame.

edit: the criticism for KDB goes on. Maybe you enter your context reminder there too :)
Today was a world class performance, I agree it wasn't a 10 because really, they only come along every few years, it was easily an 8.5 - 9 though. Great leadership, excellent decision making, technical excellence, great vision which led to a sublime assist and incredible work rate, sure he lost the ball a few times and took a silly shot near the end but we clearly weren't playing to dominate possession.

NZT-One

Because the stat you chose to share isn't really any indication of a bad performance given his role in the team.

With that in mind I don't think that 1 stat against the 5 or so I mentioned is particularly relevant.
Got it.

Focus on the stats that suit the argument the most. Could have thought of it myself, silly me.

NZT-One

Today was a world class performance, I agree it wasn't a 10 because really, they only come along every few years, it was easily an 8.5 - 9 though. Great leadership, excellent decision making, technical excellence, great vision which led to a sublime assist and incredible work rate, sure he lost the ball a few times and took a silly shot near the end but we clearly weren't playing to dominate possession.
Ok, seeing many agree with your perception, I guess I have to accept having a minority opinion. Not the first time, surely not the last. Again, I can't really understand because I thought we didn't have enough of the ball to be able to achieve something like an 8 or a 9 but obviously, ratings are subjective. So be it.

redshaw

So good on the ball today, he can be reined in and still be brilliant. Today was a great tactical display and him and ETH, great use of the ball in tight areas, calm under pressure as well as providing the killer passes. We've overcooked him and tried to overuse his assists when as seen at Sporting he has an all round game.

What could've been this last 3-4 years.

Oo0AahCantona

Honestly why are we not using him in that false 9 with 2 of rashford garnacho amad anthony/new signing as wide forwards. Gives less pressure on hojlund while giving us a physical plan b, would allow mount to come into a central midfield 3 with Kobbie + DM.

Raven

Ok, seeing many agree with your perception, I guess I have to accept having a minority opinion. Not the first time, surely not the last. Again, I can't really understand because I thought we didn't have enough of the ball to be able to achieve something like an 8 or a 9 but obviously, ratings are subjective. So be it.
He played his part extremely well, when you're not playing for possession, you have to look at other factors such as tackles, distance covered, decision making. He was excellent at everything he was asked to do today, it's unfair not to respect that just because we were playing against a much stronger opponent.