Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I had a friend in secondary school that used to run like Borthwick-Jackson. Feel like internally fist-pumping at those who poked fun whenever CBJ runs.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
His maturity is simply unbelievable, can't believe what I am seeing from him right now, he looks a PL full back having only seen him in the academy where he never stood out as a cut above, he made one slight mistake tonight with a dodgy defensive header, but he recognised that recovered and cleared it, there is no doubt his main strength is his mentality, great assist on his birthday too, really delighted for him.
Also considering how much pressure the team is under and for him to come in and keep his head for the most part is really impressive for a 19 year old. Hope he pushes on.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I had a friend in secondary school that used to run like Borthwick-Jackson. Feel like internally fist-pumping at those who poked fun whenever CBJ runs.
:lol:

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I somehow think he's too stupid to be nervous. I don't think he realizes that 75.000 people watching you are supposed to make you shit yourself.

He's showing tremendous composure and the boy can attack as well.

Brightonian

I somehow think he's too stupid to be nervous. I don't think he realizes that 75.000 people watching you are supposed to make you shit yourself.

He's showing tremendous composure and the boy can attack as well.
He's always been ice cold. Obviously before now he'd never experienced anything on this scale, but context has noticeably never phased him.

Brightonian

Fair do's if you dont. Yet to see shaw hit those crosses in. Ive seen CBJ do it like 5 times a match & all hit perfectly.
Shaw doesn't cross much, he almost always prefers to keep running then cut the ball back, and he's done that with a remarkably high success rate for us so far. He'd have had a hatful of assists early in the season if Rooney hadn't been playing like such a donkey.

CBJ's doing great, but let's not get carried away, he's not near Shaw's level yet.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's growing by the game in terms of confidence, which is always nice to see in a player that young. One thing you can't fault with LvG is bringing players like him, McNair, Lingard and Varela to the fore and sticking with them when we suffered injuries.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Very good game from him. Good too in defence apart from one dodgy clearance when he headed the ball up rather than away - but even then he cleared it straight after.

Peach of a pass to Lingard too.

tarjei2k

Sounds excruciatingly painful, and not at all proportionate to the crime.

Shimo

Going from strength to strength. Hopefully none of this LVG bullshit about can't expect consistency from young players. This guy just seems to have two gears, rock solid and very good. Walters could have been an absolute handful but, CBJ had none of it. Also, he put in a second very inviting ball, just no one attacked the near post to put the finish that it deserved.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Going from strength to strength. Hopefully none of this LVG bullshit about can't expect consistency from young players. This guy just seems to have two gears, rock solid and very good. Walters could have been an absolute handful but, CBJ had none of it. Also, he put in a second very inviting ball, just no one attacked the near post to put the finish that it deserved.
Yes because only LVG has ever said that :rolleyes:

Shimo

Yes because only LVG has ever said that :rolleyes:
No he is not but, he has used it as a way to explain why they are not played once the older players are fit even though those players have not been playing well. For instance, I thought Varela had a really good game agains Derby and possibly deserved to keep his place because Darmian before his injury had not been playing that well. I can see if Rojo comes back LVG opting for him using him or even perhaps move Blind out there if Jones is paired with Smalling.

CBJ has shown that he is good enough, which means he is old enough, same as Martial, who when he first joined LVG had said won't play every game because he had already in his mind that he wont' be able to perform well enough week in and week out due to his age.

Obviously CBJ still may have a bad moment or even a bad game or two but, he definitely should keep his place over everyone else except maybe Shaw when all are fit based on his performances and not dropped because of his age and the possibility of inconsistent play.

Devil81

Clearly got the composure to play at the top level, he doesn't even look fazed by the crowd in the slightest. And he never seems to give the ball away either, he's a fantastically calm passer of the ball.

prath92

No he is not but, he has used it as a way to explain why they are not played once the older players are fit even though those players have not been playing well. For instance, I thought Varela had a really good game agains Derby and possibly deserved to keep his place because Darmian before his injury had not been playing that well. I can see if Rojo comes back LVG opting for him using him or even perhaps move Blind out there if Jones is paired with Smalling.

CBJ has shown that he is good enough, which means he is old enough, same as Martial, who when he first joined LVG had said won't play every game because he had already in his mind that he wont' be able to perform well enough week in and week out due to his age.

Obviously CBJ still may have a bad moment or even a bad game or two but, he definitely should keep his place over everyone else except maybe Shaw when all are fit based on his performances and not dropped because of his age and the possibility of inconsistent play.
The same redcafe will also call him 'not good enough' after a couple of bad games. McNair for instance was also good at CB in most games yet people act as if he is the worst CB on earth.

Treble

I'm surprised how mature he plays. His crosses are dangerous too. May it continue. Chelsea will be a proper test as Willian is quite good.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
And he never seems to give the ball away either, he's a fantastically calm passer of the ball.
Noticed that, a great thing to have. Valencia's like that as well, he only gives the ball away when he's blasting it into the left back's leg, which happens a lot to be fair.

And I must say I like the thought of CBJ potentially being able to play as CB when Lord Luke's back.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Noticed that, a great thing to have. Valencia's like that as well, he only gives the ball away when he's blasting it into the left back's leg, which happens a lot to be fair.

And I must say I like the thought of CBJ potentially being able to play as CB when Lord Luke's back.
I literally came into this thread to ask about this. Has he played CB before? Once Shaw is back, I still want to see this guy get chances.

Floyd

I literally came into this thread to ask about this. Has he played CB before? Once Shaw is back, I still want to see this guy get chances.
Someone said he's played there for the U21 and is originally a CB.

RedDevil@84

Shaw is fast. Makes shitty crosses.
CBJ is not that fast. Makes more than decent crosses.

Let's evaluate who is better once Shaw is back.

Floyd

He's doing great. No the quickest though is he?
His pace's fine. I think he's just appears a bit slow because he's jogging like an absolute spastic with arms flying everywhere. When he's in full flow he looks OK.

:)

Classical Mechanic

I think CBJ has looked the best of defensive academy graduates playing for the first team in the LVG era but his crossing had been appalling until last night.

Floyd

Right, so I've finished my evaluation already: Shaw's better. He was sensational before he got injured, Bale-esque pace and power down the wing.

Floyd

I think CBJ has looked the best of defensive academy graduates playing for the first team in the LVG era but his crossing had been appalling until last night.
I disagree. I wrote this a few weeks ago:

He certainly tries to get a good pace and whip on them. Sometimes he will blast the ball into row z but that's the price we should be willing to pay to get a great ball in once in a while.

Yesterday we reaped the reward for paying just that price.

Classical Mechanic

I disagree. I wrote this a few weeks ago:

He certainly tries to get a good pace and whip on them. Sometimes he will blast the ball into row z but that's the price we should be willing to pay to get a great ball in once in a while.

Yesterday we reaped the reward for paying just that price.
All players try to put good crosses in, only the end result counts.

Floyd

All players try to put good crosses in, only the end result counts.
All decent players are capable of putting a decent lofted cross in, must likely to be cleared rather easily by the defenders. To put a GREAT cross in there's an element of risk involved, you might end up looking stupid if you miss. Hence many players choose to just "lob in the there" to avoid embarrasment.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Right, so I've finished my evaluation already: Shaw's better. He was sensational before he got injured, Bale-esque pace and power down the wing.
People are forgetting that Shaw was the Martial of defence before he got injured, even Liverpool fans thought he was good. I love an academy product as much as the next person but Shaw is a much better player than BJ.

JoaquinJoaquin

I thought he was good again, It's nice to see him taking his chances. Not sure long term what his ceiling is, But certainly a very good squad player thus far.

mufcwarm92

I was shocked to hear he might be more of a centre half because he looks so natural at full back.

Always need to be careful not to get carried away and he doesn't seem to have been tested much defensively so far, but as ever it's such a joy to see a local lad impressing.

Thisistheone

Really exciting performance. Great to see. Our left flank is looking pretty strong with him, Shaw, Martial.

Status
Not open for further replies.