Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoManU

I would rate him above Darmian as it stands right now. Always happy to see youth players coming through with talent.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He runs like he's 8 but played left back much better than Darmian did. The defense looked much better with him at left back and Darmian on the right.
Hope we stick with him and move Young to the wings.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Survived and managed to excel. That's two things too many to require from the young and learning and nobody would blame him much if would simply fail today.

Watching him is exciting and for a few moments turned attention away from the worrying style.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
If he can keep it up then although you probably can't see him getting past Luke Shaw it would still be good to have a backup who can play both Centre Back and Left Back.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
If Young is out, then hopefully CBJ gets his chance at left-back. He's handled himself very well so far for United and I'd like to see him given an opportunity to nail down that position (until Shaw gets back of course).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Was he naturally a LB for the youth set-up? He looks very assured there as though it were his regular position.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Did very well indeed, that little run where he ran in behind the Liverpool defence could havee resulted in a goal. Quite happy to see him start tbh.
Me too. He seems to regularly be playing better than Darmian there and Darmian seems more comfortable at right back. If Young's injury is anything serious then we may get our wish.

MDFC Manager

I actually trust him there, unlike Blackett who used to scare the shit out of me.

Rossa

He's good, composed on the ball and a decent crosser. He also runs a lot, but with Darmian on the other side, we are too slow. Neither player is slow, but they just lack that little bit of acceleration.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
The ball was in the air so much it would be easy to come on and lose your shit but he did well. I think he's playing like he did in the youth team and he will improve if he works hard. He's got good ability.

kiristao

I would really like to see him play from the start with Darmian at RB. We looked far better defensively after he came on

prath92

good performance. Impressive. Intelligent full back performance. Still needs improvement but good base indeed

Silverman

Delighted with his performance. Him and Shaw could cover as at LB for years to come.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Great to see him doing well out there. Nothing quite like watching a youngster come through and deliver against Liverpool!

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's good, composed on the ball and a decent crosser. He also runs a lot, but with Darmian on the other side, we are too slow. Neither player is slow, but they just lack that little bit of acceleration.
That's not really an issue if they are intelligent with their runs as CBJ was today. Neville and Irwin were hardly quick but both very intelligent players and the timing of their runs was fantastic.

Of all the players LVH has brought through CBK is the one who looks a proper prospect. Pity he's not a RB.

Sylar

Rather we just play him now as LB and get him minutes rather than shifting our defence all over the place. He will make mistakes, he will also improve from them and get some good experience.

I do think he needs to work on getting some lift on his crosses though.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
LVG should get credit here for reducing the size of our squad so that when injuries happen, players like CBJ come into the team.

Happy for him, good performance!

Zoo

From his first appearance you could the class and quality he has. This kid has a bright future.

itso 7

Rather we just play him now as LB and get him minutes rather than shifting our defence all over the place. He will make mistakes, he will also improve from them and get some good experience.

I do think he needs to work on getting some lift on his crosses though.
True it's better for us to have him as the weak link than to have both fullback positions as potential disasters. Start him and play Darmian on the right so that we can at least have Young on the left, Martial up top and Rooney playing off Martial. Maybe, just maybe, we would look more balanced playing like that.

lysglimt

Scout
I get relaxed when he has the ball at his feet - a kind of "Blackett-in-reverse" reaction so to speak!

RedStarUnited

LVG should get credit here for reducing the size of our squad so that when injuries happen, players like CBJ come into the team.

Happy for him, good performance!
He wont get it from the fans but the players who benefit will love him for it. I bet in 10 years time the likes of Lingard, Martial etc will have a very different outlook on this season than most fans.

Dante

Average bang
He's our fifth choice leftback. I don't think LvG deserves much credit for playing him when he's got no other option.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Looking solid when he came on, it's abundantly clear Darmian is also so much more comfortable at right back, we looked much better defensively.

The only thing I would say is he's very safe in possession, I'd like to see him be a big more adventurous with his passing and perhaps to run with the ball a little bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.