Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaquinJoaquin

That's a good quiz question, especially in my time back to the early 90s.

I'm guessing Blackett didn't play enough games then, as he'd be worse.
Silvestre had some real crap games at centre back before proving himself at left back.
Evans I never thought much of, but he did have a decent season or 2 when patrolled by a legendary partner.

Blanc, he was worse.
Got him insanely late, and just got run off the pitch.
Silvestre was much better then McNair.

Evans did have an excellent couple of years before injury got him > better then McNair.

Blanc, although slow as an old bus time he got to United.. Still better then McNair.

And i'm not a McNair hater by any means.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Silvestre was much better then McNair.

Evans did have an excellent couple of years before injury got him > better then McNair.

Blanc, although slow as an old bus time he got to United.. Still better then McNair.

And i'm not a McNair hater by any means.
I wouldn't go as far as saying Evans had excellent years!

But I think only Blanc is a contender for worst v McNair.
Being run ragged by Bellamy, as if it was a ten v a 90 year old clouds my views on him

Hammerfell

I wouldn't go as far as saying Evans had excellent years!

But I think only Blanc is a contender for worst v McNair.
Being run ragged by Bellamy, as if it was a ten v a 90 year old clouds my views on him
I don't think that's entirely fair, Bellamy was a very good player on his day and capable of turning a lot of defenders inside out. Blanc was as slow as a battleship, though.

Bwuk

blanc was miles ahead of McNair. Paddy got the run around by Josh King ffs. He's been took off at half time because he's hopeless, did he not only last 35/40ish mins once before we subbed him to put Carrick at CB.

How he was even brought into the first team is beyond me there was better in the youth side.

khoazany

McNair isn't that bad.Problem is he's a "project" in the sense that they tried to inject defensive capabilities to make him a defender.He isn't a natural defender so needs more time to learn that trade,if ever.That's why I suggested to send him out on loan as the best way to do it is to play week in,week out.His composure and ability on the ball is already there (not always show it when things get rough but it's normal for young players).

Obviously we have better,more natural defenders coming through the rank in the next 1-2 years (and even a few more beyond that) so if he's not gonna push himself he will be in a big trouble soon enough as the "youth" label alone wouldn't be enough to save him anymore, not to mention signings from outside.Again, the best way to push to the next level for him is to gain that vital experience somewhere.

Last edited:
Man Utd 1:0 Sheffield Utd

Devil may care

For such a young, inexperienced player he has an air of confidence about him. He didn't have a lot to do defensively but I thought he did ok supporting the attack. He also has that funny Raptor arms running style that Raheem Sterling has.

Norris

Did decently. I think he has the potential to be a very good crosser of the ball. When he does try to cross it,the way the ball curls with so much fizz and spin on it, is signs of a really good technique. But some poor decision making also, he tried to drill the ball along the ground from near the corner flag. Such sort of decision making should improve in the future. He slacked off a few times too, failing to track back and needed Blind's help to bail him out. But I like his confidence.

Sylar

Think he needs to be able to put some lift into his crosses though, almost always its across the ground. (if he was in the box and got to the byline that would be fine).

All in all, solid I thought, hard to judge his defensive composure in a game like this.

Theonas

Scout
Someone called him shit in the match thread :houllier:
When a team is not doing well, there is a tendency to write off everything. The players are shit, manager a dinosaur, tactics horrible, board clueless and so on ... . I understand emotions run high but sometimes you really think people are incapable of seeing through the mess.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Someone called him shit in the match thread :houllier:
Match threads bring out the worst in an already deluded bunch, so I wouldn't pay any attention to it. He was very good and mature in his play I thought, interesting prospect for the future.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
He is calm in possession. These are the sort of games we should be giving him playing time. Rather than throwing him in vs Wolfsburg and Bournemouth away

Cerpin

Am I the only one who thinks he's quite limited in going forward? Can't dribble and really slow to go on the overlap -- sure, he can cross, but he needs quite a bit of time and space to whip a ball in. He was calm on the ball, though, I will give you that. Hardly tested defensively today. He's doing alright when you consider his age, but apart from maturity he just seems somewhat average in most aspects of his game.

LLMU

He needs to practice whipping the ball in from the left. Very Valencia like today. Performance wise, he did alright. But he wasn't really tested.

Loublaze

ATLien
Am I the only one who thinks he's quite limited in going forward? Can't dribble and really slow to go on the overlap -- sure, he can cross, but he needs quite a bit of time and space to whip a ball in. He was calm on the ball, though, I will give you that. Hardly tested defensively today. He's doing alright when you consider his age, but apart from maturity he just seems somewhat average in most aspects of his game.
He's better than Zeki Fryers

khoazany

He can dribble a bit, just that he hasn't shown much of it on the first team games yet possibly due to the higher cost of losing the ball.Generally quite solid defensively as well.

He's quite rusty with his crosses yesterday.Looks like the pressure has gone to his mind a bit.Still calm otherwise though.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Would be an unbelievable prospect if he had great pace. I like him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He played one low cross that was delightful but no one attacked it. Chico would have been skating with his ass on the grass trying to bundle those in.

prath92

He can dribble a bit, just that he hasn't shown much of it on the first team games yet possibly due to the higher cost of losing the ball.Generally quite solid defensively as well.

He's quite rusty with his crosses yesterday.Looks like the pressure has gone to his mind a bit.Still calm otherwise though.
He seemed to defend really well. I know it was a League 1 side but still impressive for someone playing his 4th game(?)

khoazany

He seemed to defend really well. I know it was a League 1 side but still impressive for someone playing his 4th game(?)
His defensive game seems to be fine enough for a LB.As a CB (at U21s level) he's still lacking a bit of aggressiveness when closing down a player so a good striker or a pacey player can take advantage of that but again he's very lack of experience even at U21s level.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Very good performance by the youngster. Extremely impressed.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I quite like him, has a lot of confidence for someone who's so new to big games.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Another good performance. Darmian went over to the right and also looked twice the player.

Can he get a start?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I like Darmian more at right back than Young and I like Borthwick-Jackson more at full back than Young.

Composed youngster, good short passer. I think he's being used wisely, obviously thrown into the match today but it didn't phase him like it did Lingard.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Very good performance from him, little going forward, fine, but he does run a bloody lot and defended well. Easy to lose your shit in such match.

Status
Not open for further replies.